Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

I had a horrible experience with this hostel. I informed the hostel that I would arrive at mid night. The hostel reaffirmed me that they booked a taxi for me and the taxi will be waiting for me outside the train station. However, When I arrive Bratislava, no taxi waiting outside the train station and it was sooo windy. After waiting for 30 minutes, I used my Hong Kong cellphone to make international call (5 Euro per minute) to the hostel to ask for the taxi.

StYed in private room and was very clean. Staff was friendly and gave lots of advice. Easy walking distance to town and restaurants.. I would Reccomended it!

• 14th May 2014

The girls in reception are really nice and helpful. The hostel is very clean and the facilities quite good.

Great hostel! Just a 5 min bus ride from the main train station and located right outside the heart of the old town. Staff are kind and really helpful and quite funny. Had great room mates here too and everyone tends to socialise in the lounge area so atmosphere is good. Highly recommend

Very clean toilets and the staff very helpful and friendly. I definitely recommend it, and if you like jazz music is the place go!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Costa Rica

Thought everything was great. Close to the center, wifi worked in rooms hostel had a bar. Made a community dinner one night so I learned something and got fed as well. Great hostel!

I enjoyed my stay here the rooms are set out strange my key gave me access to an apartment and from there none of the 3 rooms locked so everyone in my apartment had access to my room. I found it hard to meet people but that could have just been the people in my room so I can't fault the hostel on that.

The best hostel i've ever been! The staff were really nice while chatting by mail, and when I arrived in Bratislava, they were actually more sympathic than i thought! Everybody speaks english very well (so language is not a problem), the hostel is really close to a mall and to the city center! the bedrooms are all cleam and have a lot of space!

Very nice hostel. It's is on great location, only few hundred meters away from old town. Staff was very friendly and helpful , and our room was clean.

The staff was awesome! They were so helpful and never got annoyed with all the questions! They were also very sociable and made everyone feel at home. Only problem I had was there was a group of people that were so loud all through the night and no one enforced the quiet after 11:30.

Staff helpful and friendly, location great, setup great, great emphasis on security and overall a great experience!

• 26th Apr 2014

Seriously one of the best hostels I've stayed in - great traveller's vibe, comfy spacious dorms (loved the appartment setup!), and the girls at the reception were super-friendly and helpful! Will definately recommend it to anyone!!

Right from the start we felt this was the right choice, The hostel is very easy to get to (bus and 1 tram from the airport) The staff were really friendly and welcoming and the hostel is within easy walking distance to the center Hostel Blues had a very laid back vibe and above average cleanliness And I would have no hesitation in recommending this hostel to anyone wanting to visit Bratislava

• 25th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Very fun and inviting hostel. Do not follow the directions on the billboard at the train station on how to get there though! It is not updated and we got really lost trying to find it.

Excellent hostel. Great value for money. And great staff. Would have given an even better rating if they had the option to pay for breakfast.

I love the atmosphere of this city and Blues Hostel, I would love to come back in Bratislava and stay in Blues, definitely recommended.

A really amazing place to stay in Bratislava. Staff was knowledgable and friendly. The lounge was the perfect place to relax after walking around the city all day. The entire place was spotless. I will definitely return.

• 21st Apr 2014

I did not stay in many hostels up to now (maybe 10 or 12) but among them this hostel was the best! It serves for any type of traveller. If you want to socialize, there is a good atmosphere. If you want to stay alone and just travel around, the location is perfect for Bratislava. Also it works like a hotel, in a systematic way. But still the staff is very kind and helpful. And the best part is the hostel is very clean! It would just be perfect overall if they provided a free breakfast.

A great couple of nights at this hostel and very helpful staff

Very friendly English speaking staff who were enthusiastic and very helpful. They were also willing and able to point out all of the best places to go for the nightlife. For the cost, it's the best hostel you will find. Lockers in rooms provide good security and are big enough to fit an entire rucksack in and lock with a padlock provided from the reception desk for peace of mind. Great place to say, brilliant staff.

• 19th Apr 2014