Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

I had a really nice experience. The staff was so friendly and helped me a lot.

Staff were brilliant. Very kind and welcoming. Location was good, walkable distance from town. Rooms were clean with large lockers so felt very secure. Kitchen was well equipped and common room made it easy to meet people.

Great hostel :) met lots of fun people here. Really nice common areas too, and helpful staff

The staff was great, the hostel was clean, the internet was strong, and there was plenty of things to eat an drink in the hostel which makes things easier. However, the drunks in the hostel were absolutely terrible. One night I literally did not sleep as a result of drunk people shouting and singing on their balconies, rooms, and windows. Several women were in the bathroom from 3am to 4am shouting as well. Another individual literally tried to get in our room after midnight. Terrible.

Really nice staff and activities in the hostel as cooking class for free. :)

I have stayed at dozens of hostels around the world and this is by far my favourite! The staff go above and beyond to make sure every need of yours is met. Theres a great kitchen, chill out area, fast wifi in all rooms, fun cooking classes & pub crawls, and comfortable beds. Even better, they offer very cheap beer! There is a large supermarket 1 minute walk away, and all of the sites are within walking distance. One very very small negative would be the hot rooms- no air con unfortunately

Very nice staff, good chilled out atmosphere, nice spacious rooms. Staff were very helpful when I slept in and nearly missed my flight home.

• 30th Jun 2015

Very nice Hostel.

This was a lovely hostel, the staff were really friendly and all the communal areas are comfortable and had a great atmosphere. It was clean and well kept.

Nice hostel overall and the kitchen area was set up well for people to cook their own meals. Rooms were a bit warm but with the window open you hear everyone coming back from the pub crawl.

Had a fantastic stay in Hostel Blues. The staff were just amazing. I would recommend to anyone I know to stay here :-)

• 26th Jun 2015

This place was great! I wish I had stayed longer. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, great facilities and services. You will be flooded with information when you check in - so be prepared for that. It is slightly removed from the main tourist attractions (10 min walk), but nothing to worry about. It is also walking distance from the main bus station.

Took over one and half hours to check in after our arrival, staff seemed very rude towards us maybe it was the language barrier. Hostel was good besides the shower head was broken, not much choice in Bratislava so I would stay here again

A really great hostel! The staff couldn't be any more accommodating, the bar is ideal for meeting new people and the kitchen is huge.

Very good choise.. It was good located so the distances were walkable! The staff was very helpfull about everything and the atmosphere was very friendly. I stayed for just one night but I left with the best impressions!

Great hostel! I'll be back soon! Excellent staff! Amazing pub crawl!

This is a nice hostel in one of Europe's more unusual capitals. The wifi works well, there is always a good atmosphere in the common room, the beer is cheap (€1.20 for a litre bottle if I recall correctly), the staff are very helpful and put on events. Bratislava is a slightly sleep town, but I would recommend this hostel nonetheless.

Probably the best hostel in Bratislava!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Spain

The best part about Bratislava. (Just kidding) a very social place (even on a Monday night) I really enjoyed my stay. However the one issue was the dryer was broken and I had to both wash my clothes and leave early in the morning. Rather unfortunate but not the hostels fault.

What a lovely hostel :) Staff were so friendly, the hostel was really big and clean and in a good location, the kitchen was spacious and had two areas to cook in, and every bed had a reading light and outlet. The common areas were great – everyone hangs there before going out at night. Hostel is also right next to Tesco and a 2-minute walk from Lidl so grocery shopping is super convenient. ALSO great is that the hostel lists city goings-on every day (I caught a free traditional Slovenian show)!