Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

The hostel was perfect, I stayed only one night but everything was just fine. Nice and helpful staff, lockers for luggage security, good cleanliness and a very good location! I would definitely recomend!

really nice, if I have another chance to go to Bratislava, this hostel will be my first choice!

really nice themed rooms, comfortable beds, really really helpful staff, great bar so very sociable with events organised within the hostel and constant recommendations of things to do outside the hostel. definitely would recommend!

One of the top hostels I've been to - super-friendly staff, great amenities and clean. Awesome hostel events - the cooking class is highly-recommended! Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to Bratislava :)

great location, masses of common space, very friendly staff :)

An absolutely wonderful hostel. Staff were incredibly kind and helpful!

Great hostel, good internet, beds and showers. Worth a visit! And the staff is very helpful.

Lovely staff, lovely guests, lovely room, lovely coffee, lovely beer. To summarise, lovely place :)

Nice staff, very helpful. Just a few mins walk away from city center.

Being for the 3rd time at Hostel Blues, we have only excellent words towards the location, security, value for money and staff. As always, the staff was amazing, really helpful, always with a smile upon their face, ready to help out. Big thanks to Helena, Janka, Eva & co. - most likely whenever we'll be in Bratislava, Hostel Blues is our choice. We felt like home there. Thanks a bunch guys! :) ~ Ovidiu/Romania.

The staff was very nice and kind. The room was clean and wide. The location is excellent close from all the main important places to visit. I recommended the place.

The staff is nice, but one of the girls is very sarcastic and that was not really good.

My friend and I got a double room and it was fantastic! Super clean and looked more like a hotel suite, very roomy and bathroom is very nice. Location is great too. There is a common area and a very male-dominated bar area with people watching sports while I was there haha. Very good hostel for the location and the price.

• 18th May 2014
  • China

I came to this place hoping to meet Miles Davis, but then I realised he was dead, so I was already set up for disappointment. Thankfully Hostel Blues was there to cheer me up with their lovely hostel, they really helped me mourn for the loss of the venerable Miles Davis, RIP you magnificent human being you!

We spend with a friend of mine two nights there, the hostel was friendly, big and really clean. We enjoyed our stay, beside of the german guy who didn't care about the people in room and talk LOUD at 7 in the morning !

• 16th May 2014

I had a horrible experience with this hostel. I informed the hostel that I would arrive at mid night. The hostel reaffirmed me that they booked a taxi for me and the taxi will be waiting for me outside the train station. However, When I arrive Bratislava, no taxi waiting outside the train station and it was sooo windy. After waiting for 30 minutes, I used my Hong Kong cellphone to make international call (5 Euro per minute) to the hostel to ask for the taxi.

We tried to help, so we booked the taxi for you. The taxi driver made a mistake and came to hostel instead of the train station...Small confusions are part of human actions! After many apologies and extraordinary service you received, to cover for your ‘unbearable‘ waiting at the station, you rated the staff lowest possible! We say NO to extortion!

StYed in private room and was very clean. Staff was friendly and gave lots of advice. Easy walking distance to town and restaurants.. I would Reccomended it!

• 14th May 2014

All round good hostel, no complaints, the location is great as it's near Bratislava's old town, plus the Blue Church is only a couple blocks away (which is a must see).

The girls in reception are really nice and helpful. The hostel is very clean and the facilities quite good.

Great hostel! Just a 5 min bus ride from the main train station and located right outside the heart of the old town. Staff are kind and really helpful and quite funny. Had great room mates here too and everyone tends to socialise in the lounge area so atmosphere is good. Highly recommend