Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

reception ladies were so kind. I could get every info I needed then.

Good hostel. Good location and Best Staff!!!

Great hostel, can absolutely recommend any traveller/backpacker to stay here. Very kind and helpful staff.

Nice place

The staff were super nice and helpful. The 4 beds dorm which I stayed in had its own bathroom and shower so that‘s a huge plus for the hostel, and I also loved the big kitchen downstairs. I think, a good stay depends on not only the hostel but also the roommates. Unfortunately I had the most terrible and horrible roommates ever! But it was 5:30 am and I had to check out in 4 hours so I didn't ask the hostel to change my room. My stay in Bratislava didn't end nicely though I liked the hostel.

I felt veeeery welcome in this hostel, the Staff was just amazing and really helpful, I was there just for a day and it was a great time, we even had a cooking class of a typical recipe!

• 19th Feb 2015

The staff is so friendly and helpful. They went over just about everything you could possibly think to do in the city and seemed genuinely interested in assuring that you had a good time in Bratislava. And they have board games!

Great hostel, located well for restaurants etc but not in the old town. Staff were friendly and rooms were large and clean. Very well set up kitchen and nice common areas.

Hostel Blues has extremely friendly and helpful staff, the lady at front reception was very enthusiastic about making sure I knew where all the great places to sightsee and eat at are and give you information about the hostel etc. It is a clean hostel, close to a supermarket and you have to walk for a little bit to get to the old town. Unfortunately, most the of the people in my room were workers looking for permanent accom. in Bratislava so it wasn't the best environment as a solo-backpacker.

Absolutely amazing! Perfect location, clean rooms & bathrooms, great common room, cooking classes, and, above all, great staff - everyone's so friendly and helpful. I stayed in Bratislava for over a week only because of this hostel. I've been to many hostels, but this one is definitely in my top 5! No better place to stay in Bratislava, highly recommended.

Awesome hostel in a great location (only about 10 minutes walk from the city center), great social atmosphere at night where I met a lot of other solo travelers, and a very helpful and supportive staff! I would definitely recommend staying at this hostel.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

This hostel was amazing. great location and proper kitchen and very clean. the beds weren't perfect but it was definitely manageable. the staff was incredible and really friendly. definitely a hostel to stay at while in Bratislava. don't go to the one across the street!

Super sightseeing tour!!!

• 13th Feb 2015

The staff was really great!

• 12th Feb 2015

This hostel was good with the highlight being a fun cooking course on a Thursday night. Rooms were clean and spacious with big lockers. I did think however that the fact that you needed a swipe card and two physical keys to access your stuff seemed a bit ridiculous though. Would definitely stay here again :)

Really enjoyed our stay! Like the bar area and friendly staff. Thanks to Eliska for helping play a trick on our friends ;).

• 9th Feb 2015

Despite Bratislava being very quite whilst I was there lovely staff and atmosphere at hostel blues meant I had a very pleasant stay. Rooms were large and well equipped, functional kitchen and nice relaxed lounge area.

Love the staff, they were incredibly friendly and welcoming; that alone makes this place worth it. The rooms were decent size (I had a 4 bed mixed dorm), with large luggage lockers and ensuite bathrooms (old but separate shower, toilet and sink areas, so multiple people can utilize it at once). The location is decent, not too far from the sights, but a bit of a walk to most. Facilities are nice, and clean. I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area. No complaints here.

The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Monika told as a very nice and cozy location for breakfast (because there is no breakfast availabilty at the hostel). The café is called foxford and located in the old town. We also did the free walking tour which was a good idea to explore the city. It is only a 5 minutes walk to the old city center and it takes you only 10 minutes by train from the main train station to the hostel. We can highly recommend this hostel!!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Great staff and location. Would stay here again!