Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Really friendly girls at reception, good location, cheap beer at hostel bar. Even got a cooking lesson for Halušky, which meant free dinner afterwards! Highly recommend

It was a very very pleasant experience for me to stay at hostel Blues. From first moment I felt like home! Warm welcome at the start, booking took me less than 10 min and the amount of informations about Bratislava, where to go, what to sightsee was outrageous! Did not expect that at all! It actually made me to go out and see those things and I thank you for it. I also enjoyed Teusday's cooking lesson, where we learned how to cook traditional Slovakian food. Outstanding and delicious!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

a very good location, perfect staff thank you

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Good hostel and good value. It's a small city so everywhere is within walking distance. Staff were awesome! More than happy to help with anything! I'll be sure to stay again when back.

The staff here is awesome. They are all about making sure you see the best sights in Bratislava. The rooms are apartment style so two rooms have bathrooms then the one room has bathrooms outside the room. It's a little strange but you are never sharing a bathroom with more than five people. Location is great and the bar downstairs is awesome and a great place to meet people. Www.gibsongirlguidetotheworld.com

great hostel, easy to meet people, AWESOME staff. you should stay here

Staff was outstanding, extremely helpful

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Bratislava is a small city, so the location of the hostel wasn't a big issue. It was literally a few minutes walking from downtown. I would recommend to go there, and I would stay myself once again.

Very clean and well-organised hostel with a fun bar area where you can chill out and/or meet others. The 6 bed ensuite dorm was very spacious and had separate toilet and shower. Good kitchen + dining area for those who want to cook. Only 5-10 mins walk to city centre and right next to a big Tesco. I had a great stay, can't really fault this hostel!

Staffs are really helpful. Nice location.

I have never meet more friendly staff. We received the best orientation we have ever received and a beer to wash it all down. A really social hostel close to town and with great facilities, it is definitely highly recommended

Very friendly staff and good ambiance. Lot's of people hanging out in the common spaces. Close to the bus station and the city center, but Bratislava is a pretty small city so no that difficult.

Hostel Blues is really safe and located really well (although Bratislava is really small). The staff was ok, kind of lost but effective. Didn't expend much time to see the atmosphere... The bedroom was very clean, but the bathrooms were not! Very good Wi-Fi as well. Bratislava is not a place to expend much time, so if you want a hostel, I'd recommend this one, but bring flip flops for the bathroom :)

Fantastic hostel! Great facilities, awesome staff and a wonderful atmosphere in the chill out living room! Highly recommended

I was super disappointed with this hostel. First of all, over an hour to check in. Didn't like that they tried to make me wear this bright orange wristband for 'my safety.' Also super crowded and way too noisy at night, and staff was not helpful with the noise problem. Also, way overpriced for Slovakia. On the plus side, the lockers were big. About all the positive I have to say.

You informed us about "noise problem" by sending email at 4.48 AM!! You wrote that people from next room "have been extremely loud for the past 5 hours", so we talked to them and they said they came back from the bar at 4 am and might have been louder for 10 minutes. They met you at the reception and even wanted to apologise but you couldnt look them in the eyes! If facing your lies was humiliating for you and this is your revenge, just dont lie next time and save us from this outrageous review!

Wonderful wonderful! Don't think twice about staying here!

Good Location, near from the city centre, you can make everything by walking. I'm not sure about the safety, because with the card from your floor you can enter in all rooms. But the staff, facilities and atmosphere are great.

One of the best hostels I've ever been! Really good bar with live music every wednesday, awesome staff and atmosphere!

Hostel Blues is exactly what a hostel should be. I was sad to leave. The staff were beyond friendly - always smiling, helpful

I had a great time staying here; we met some really cool people! The staff was super friendly and gave great recommendations for food. Would definitely recommend!