Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Very good hostel! The girls from the reception were great: polite, kind and very helpful! Great staff I would recomend this hostel 100%. Thanks ;)

• 20th May 2015
  • Argentina

The staff was great, the bar was killer with good prices and it is in a good location as well.

Hostel is very close to everywhere. Reception is very very nice and welcoming, they offered many information about where to eat, where to go. I met bunch of great travellers in this hostel. Good vibe!!

Friendly staff, nice bar and atmosphere. Would recommend.

Nice cosy place playing good music all day. Got everything you'll need. Cooking class for dinner for some local food makes it better. Enjoyable one.

great great great. i will miss my time at hostel blues. i really liked the energy and spirit all employees brought to the space!

• 19th May 2015

This is a really nice hostel. Very clean with lots of conveniences. The staff were lovely and very helpful. As other people have commented, check in takes time. We arrived when no one else was around and it still took some time. i was glad it had been mentioned in other reviews so we knew it was normal.

Clean spacious rooms. Very secure with locks,access cards and lockers. Although I could have done without the wrist band they force you to wear. I don't see the point. Only one dryer so it took ages to do the laundry since I had to wait for it to be free. Location is ok but not great - 15 mins from the bus stations and 10 mins from the old town.

One of the best hostel i've ever stayed! It has everything a guest need. Plug in every bedside, comfortable bed, locker, card lockdoor super clean toilet & bathroom. It is so modern, the staffs were so kind and helpful. The location is not exactly in the old town (where all the attractions are) but it's still ok, only 5min walk. I wish every hostel is like blueshostel

I didn't spend much time in the hostel, so I didn't enjoy it to the fullest, but everything was really ok.

I had no problems when staying here! My room was exceptionally clean and everything worked as it should! The hostel has a great location and is less than a 15 minute walk to just about any major attraction in the city. The staff were really helpful and recommended that we take the free tour, which I would do again in a heartbeat. A+ Hostel Blues!

We had a lovely stay here, the staff were soooo nice and helpful!! They made sure we knew all the places to go and things to do without us even asking, they couldn't have been more helpful, everything was really good but could have been a smidgen better if there was breakfast offered but there was a Tescos near by so it wasn't a problem!! We would definitely stay here again!! (Except an annoying girl stealing my bed, but that wasn't the hostels fault)

Hostel Blues was a very nice place to stay. The kitchen facilities were great, with enough room for many people to cook. We stayed in a dorm for 2 nights and then an apartment for 4 people for 2 nights. The apartment was great and had a huge balcony. The share bathroom with the apartment could have done with a clean during our stay but apart from that all was great. Really friendly smiley staff, so enjoy if you go.

This was a great hostel. The staff were not just helpful, they were really friendly and enthusiastic and offered help and information without having to ask lots of questions. There was a free jazz night in the hostel on Wednesday night which was good fun. It was a really sociable place. I didn't use the kitchen but from what I saw it was clean and well equipped. I would definitely recommend this place. One thing - the hotel is next to a tram line which is quite loud but I had no trouble sleeping

Everything was fine. The Staff was super friendly and kind. The recommendations of places to visit, restaurants, tours, transportation were perfect.

Great hostel.. the best I've staying in on my trip so far. staff were beyond helpful and friendly, especially Lenka, Barbara and Helena. very knowledgeable and gave us loads of useful info on local sights, bars, and onward travel advice. facilities were nice, spacious apartment style rooms, lockers and power sockets for every bed, clean kitchen & common areas. great location only a short walk from old town and 20min walk from main train and bus stations. highly recommended.

Strange crowd staying there. Not a criticism, just an observation! One older gentleman in our room basically didn't leave the room, was in bed every time we were there. Bit weird..

The double room we had was bigger than average hostel rooms, the staff was very helpful and provided so many good information, for example the free walking tour, that I found excellent, and the restaurant for traditional meal of Bryndzové halušky was good value for money. Overall we had a lovely stay in Bratislava and we've seen many interesting things in less than 1 day.

Had a great time staying here, would highly recommend. Nice and helpful staff too.

I only stayed one night at Blues but reallreally enjoyed it. My room was nice, airy and had a good view + the staff were super friendly. If you can, go on the free tour they recommend, it'sit's great!