Hostel Blues Reviews

Špitálska 2, Bratislava, Slovakia

Being for the 3rd time at Hostel Blues, we have only excellent words towards the location, security, value for money and staff. As always, the staff was amazing, really helpful, always with a smile upon their face, ready to help out. Big thanks to Helena, Janka, Eva & co. - most likely whenever we'll be in Bratislava, Hostel Blues is our choice. We felt like home there. Thanks a bunch guys! :) ~ Ovidiu/Romania.

The staff was very nice and kind. The room was clean and wide. The location is excellent close from all the main important places to visit. I recommended the place.

The staff is nice, but one of the girls is very sarcastic and that was not really good.

My friend and I got a double room and it was fantastic! Super clean and looked more like a hotel suite, very roomy and bathroom is very nice. Location is great too. There is a common area and a very male-dominated bar area with people watching sports while I was there haha. Very good hostel for the location and the price.

• 18th May 2014
  • China

I came to this place hoping to meet Miles Davis, but then I realised he was dead, so I was already set up for disappointment. Thankfully Hostel Blues was there to cheer me up with their lovely hostel, they really helped me mourn for the loss of the venerable Miles Davis, RIP you magnificent human being you!

We spend with a friend of mine two nights there, the hostel was friendly, big and really clean. We enjoyed our stay, beside of the german guy who didn't care about the people in room and talk LOUD at 7 in the morning !

I had a horrible experience with this hostel. I informed the hostel that I would arrive at mid night. The hostel reaffirmed me that they booked a taxi for me and the taxi will be waiting for me outside the train station. However, When I arrive Bratislava, no taxi waiting outside the train station and it was sooo windy. After waiting for 30 minutes, I used my Hong Kong cellphone to make international call (5 Euro per minute) to the hostel to ask for the taxi.

We tried to help, so we booked the taxi for you. The taxi driver made a mistake and came to hostel instead of the train station...Small confusions are part of human actions! After many apologies and extraordinary service you received, to cover for your ‘unbearable‘ waiting at the station, you rated the staff lowest possible! We say NO to extortion!

StYed in private room and was very clean. Staff was friendly and gave lots of advice. Easy walking distance to town and restaurants.. I would Reccomended it!

• 14th May 2014

All round good hostel, no complaints, the location is great as it's near Bratislava's old town, plus the Blue Church is only a couple blocks away (which is a must see).

The girls in reception are really nice and helpful. The hostel is very clean and the facilities quite good.

Great hostel! Just a 5 min bus ride from the main train station and located right outside the heart of the old town. Staff are kind and really helpful and quite funny. Had great room mates here too and everyone tends to socialise in the lounge area so atmosphere is good. Highly recommend

Very clean toilets and the staff very helpful and friendly. I definitely recommend it, and if you like jazz music is the place go!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Costa Rica

Thought everything was great. Close to the center, wifi worked in rooms hostel had a bar. Made a community dinner one night so I learned something and got fed as well. Great hostel!

I enjoyed my stay here the rooms are set out strange my key gave me access to an apartment and from there none of the 3 rooms locked so everyone in my apartment had access to my room. I found it hard to meet people but that could have just been the people in my room so I can't fault the hostel on that.

The best hostel i've ever been! The staff were really nice while chatting by mail, and when I arrived in Bratislava, they were actually more sympathic than i thought! Everybody speaks english very well (so language is not a problem), the hostel is really close to a mall and to the city center! the bedrooms are all cleam and have a lot of space!

Very nice hostel. It's is on great location, only few hundred meters away from old town. Staff was very friendly and helpful , and our room was clean.

The staff was awesome! They were so helpful and never got annoyed with all the questions! They were also very sociable and made everyone feel at home. Only problem I had was there was a group of people that were so loud all through the night and no one enforced the quiet after 11:30.

Staff helpful and friendly, location great, setup great, great emphasis on security and overall a great experience!

• 26th Apr 2014

Seriously one of the best hostels I've stayed in - great traveller's vibe, comfy spacious dorms (loved the appartment setup!), and the girls at the reception were super-friendly and helpful! Will definately recommend it to anyone!!

Right from the start we felt this was the right choice, The hostel is very easy to get to (bus and 1 tram from the airport) The staff were really friendly and welcoming and the hostel is within easy walking distance to the center Hostel Blues had a very laid back vibe and above average cleanliness And I would have no hesitation in recommending this hostel to anyone wanting to visit Bratislava

• 25th Apr 2014