Hostel Boemia Reviews

Gheorghe Baritiu street no.13, Brasov, Romania

They cook you an omlette in the morning (if you get a room with included breakfast). The staff are super lovely and helpful and the rooms are nice and comfortable.

The hostel has a great location! Howwever, the rooms are small and not well ventilated. I shared a windowless 5-bed room that was reached by walking through another room with two women (I don´t recall how many beds it had) -- with only one other woman. If the room had been full, it would have been very uncomfortable! There are only two showers, with poor shower heads and no towel racks or hooks or shelves. The WiFi didn´t work 1 day out of 2.

Very very nice staff, friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast.

The most friendly and professional staff ever. Excellent breakfast. Easy to get from train station and free city tour. Thanks so much for everything. Can't wait to get back!!

Friendly and helpfull staff and owners. Great location. Thanks.

The hostel was the cleanest one I've ever stayed in- absolutely spotless! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the facilities are also excellent. The living area is very comfortable and we were provided with a good breakfast in the morning. The location is great- about a three minute walk to the main square in Brasov where there are loads of restaurants, cafes, shops etc. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Brasov.

If you want to feel in home just stay in this hostel. The place is like a home, has everything you need in the kitchen, the bed is great and the shower is awesome (the best shower I took ever). In the morning they did omelette for the breakfast, really good! I just recommend this place.

Great location right next to the church. We were the only ones staying in the entire hostel. The layout is odd, more like a home broken up into rooms. Owner wasn't there at arrival, only his mom who didn't speak English but was lovely. Owner showed up in the evening and had a meeting in the living space so we were mostly in our room as it felt like a family meeting/catchup and the room is too small to have more than one group in there at once. Bathroom has two stalls that are transparent! Odd!

Lovely homey hostel, were lucky enough to have it to ourselves for 2/3 nights. Good location in the old town. Awesome shower. Good kitchen facilities.

Good breakfast - great location - nice common room - massage shower

I am very lucky to find this great hostel and stay there. I recommend to all. Great atmosphere, clean and secure. xx

I stayed at Hostel Boemia for almost a week when visiting Transylvania. The hostel is spotless clean and the showers are very good. Beds are comfortable and the location... what can I say? The best! I've never stayed in a hostel better located than this. You can even hear the bell from the Black Church going on every hour from your room. Just amazing. The free breakfast is also a nice commodity! Thanks for the great hospitality!

This is just a great hostel! The minute we arrived we felt at home, the owner welcomed us with tea and coffee and the hostel just feels so welcoming and homely. It is furnished with a lot of thoughts: a very nice common room, comfortable beds and the cleanest and best equiped kitchen we've ever seen in a hostel. The next morning it got even better: omelette, butter, tasty jam, cheese, bread and some ham for breakfast! The owner is super nice and always ready to help you. We loved it!

Great hostel! First, Gabriel, the owner, offered to pick me up at the train station. The hostel is in a great location, close to the main square but easy to get to the train/bus station, to take the bus to go to Sinaia or to Bran. Great atmosphere, they offer us a delicious breakfast every morning, which make even easier to meet and interact with other travelers. Also, Gabriel is very helpful regarding how to get to the castles, and other tips. And it's very clean as well! Definitely recomend!

A totally relaxed and friendly atmosphere. No curfew, no strict rules and a nutritious breakfast. The facilities were perfectly clean. This is definitely a hostel well worth returning to.

What a find!!! An amazing hostel had a great stay! We were picked up from the train station and taken straight to the hostel/apartment which was extremely nice and comfortable. We were given all the information we wanted about the city over a cup of tea and then the next morning his mum made us an amazing breakfast!!! I had such a great stay I extended, not a party hostel but like staying in a house for a couple of days. Loved it! Thanks Boemia hope to see you again

Great hostel, absolutely loved it. Best hostel we stayed in during three months of travelling. Gabriel picked us up from the train late at night. Great home cooked breakfast every morning. Awesome location. Great personal service and advice on what to see and how to get to places. Will definitely stay here again when I come back to Romania!

• 13th Sep 2012

Great hostel. Good location, walking distance to main square and surrounding attractions. Perfect with cleanliness. Beds really comfortable. No reception. Owner is there to check you in and in the morning as well. Very happy to provide information and help you out.

Be booked the 3 bedroom, but changed to the 5 bedroom because the first one is connected to two other rooms and the bathroom and everyone is walking through that room... Everything else is very good: the staff is very helpful and even serves you the breakfast, it is very close to all the sightseeing attractions but still quiet.

Great place in the centrum of the town. Nice staff and good breakfest included in room price. Definitely recomennded !

• 1st Jul 2012