Hostel Brasil Reviews

Rua Recife, 4, Salvador, Brazil

Great place to stay for Carnaval!

For Carnival was Ok! Two thing could be better: 1) Beds fixed on wall, 2) No leather pillows! :o)

I had a great time, because I met very nice people, including the staff. What is very good about the hostel is the common space, with a TV corner, place to hang out, inside and outside, and an open kitchen. The room was good, another experience with beds with three bunks each! The two bathrooms (female and male divided) are shared by everyone, but totally clean and with a lot of space. I would always come back to this place!

The bed bugs must be eliminated, there is no way around this. Please close down the place and eliminate this outbreak, it is unacceptable to continue doing business knowing of this problem

Thats is a world rpoblem, imagine if everyone here in salvador close down the place? where you staying? We try to do the best to make the place out of problem with this little cutes bug"zinhos".

Great hostel, very organized and breakfast was delicious!1

It as a great hostel, but got bed bugs on one night, which the owner promptly solved.

I likes the vibe and the decor of the hostel. The staff and really nice and helpful, the breakfast is amazing!! They could have cleaned the bathrooms more frequently. I enjoyed my stay and would reccomend it.

Thank you Tracy. we apreciate the feedback about the bathrooms. Glad you enjoyed your stay! Moabe Dannilo

AVOID AVOID AVOID This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Only positives are a good crowd and breakfast (but other hostels have that). Staff the worst ever encountered. They know nothing about the area or where to go and what to do and see and eat. BED BUGS and they dont even fumigate or help people wash their things. Dont help people wash their things, or find pharmac's or doctors for medication. Laundry is 12 reals to 'rent' the machine but without any soap. Wouldn't recommend thi

Julia, we sorry if you dont like our hostel. we give everyone all the info possible, me as a Baiano, i know everything about my city, but you just dont accept the rules of the city, like a doctor cant come to the hostel if you need. the laundry is not free, everybody can read that in hostelworld or when they get here, 12 reias is nothing comparate to 45 or 60 in a normal laundry. we try to help everyone as much we can. BEDBUGS, has everywhere, its not us who bring them, people who is traveling who bring it, ofcourse we try to kill them, and we do, but unfortunately is a global problem. hope you had a nice trip in brazil and stayed in better place then the Hostel Brasil. Hope you didnt try to sneak out of any other hostels without paying the bill as you did with us. Regards, MOabe Dannilo

Fernando es maravilloso, es amable, confiable, fue un gran guía para nosotros en Salvador! La ubicación es excelente y el desayuno muy bueno!... Lo único malo es la limpieza de los cuartos que deja un poco que desear, sin llegar a ser desastroso, por supuesto (en nuestro cuarto, por ejemplo, había bichos molestos grrrrrr)... Gracias por una excelente estancia!

Hola Sandra y Mariano, gracias por quedar con nosostros. la cosa del cuarto esta sucio, es porque hay otras personas, y ni toda la gente son limpios como tu eres :) , pero gracias por dejarme saber de eso, voy a poner mas atencion para que personas como uds vengam cada vez mas y dejarme feliz por conocer gente maravillosa como uds son. Saludos, Danny

the hostel is placed in an area next to a few little bars and places where you can go out at night. it is not the center of the night life though. in order to get there it takes a little bus ride. the area is safe also at night. and it is very close to the boardwalk and the light house where you can watch the sunset.

A great hostel, one of the best I have stayed in Brazil! The brealfast is amazing and the staff are so friendly they make your stay so enjoyable! Danny was always there to help and even showed us around and socialised with everyone on his day off! Thanks for making Salvador so amazing! :-)

Absolutely....GREAT..!!!!! safe, clean, bars and restaurants close by, excellent breakfast… the staff are really friendly and helpful, Dannilo and Livia, you guys are the best.!!!! definitely recommended this hostel!!!!!!!!!!

Very good!

• 6th Nov 2010

Hostel Brazil is a very nice place, with a great breakfast.. The aircondis. and the location is very good too.. :)

• 6th Nov 2010
  • Denmark

the breakfast is VERY good :)

• 3rd Nov 2010
  • Denmark

I had a great stay at hostel Brasil, the people are very friendly and helpful, good location and secure. I will recommend this hostel to other travelers on my trip. Samuel, Birmingham, England