Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

I loved this hostel. I came with my sister in the off season and it was still amazing. The atmosphere of the hostel and the people both staying and working there really made our trip. The city was quiet and beautiful!, the hostel had great shared spaces for meeting other travellers. And I LOVE CARLO! Angel face.

Really nice hostel. Clean, friendly service, safe. Additionally, know that you're at the top of the mountain and it's quite a trek to get to and from the town center. I would certainly stay here again.

• 20th Oct 2015

The hostel staff were very friendly, always greeting you and asking how your day went. The breakfast and drinks were very good value for money. The rooms and facilities were clean. Very happy with staying here. The only downside is that Wifi is only accessible from the lobby or balcony if your room has one.

Over four, far too short nights, Brikette became, through the efforts of Peter, Peggy and Carlo, genuinely hard to leave. The atmosphere encouraged friendships to be made among fellow guests, and the breakfasts and advice on where to go and what to do meant no moment in Positano was wasted. The perfect base for seeing the Amalfi Coast, or for kicking back, enjoying the view, and sampling the passionfruit "limoncello" made onsite. Can't wait to go back.

We only stayed in two hostels on our trip but this was by far our favourite. I would 100% go again. The staff were all so friendly! The atmosphere was great!!

Little pricey but I guess for that area its not too bad.

I stayed here for a few days and totally loved it. It has a great view from the patio and is right across the street from a great pizza place. Right down the road has a good bar/gelato place and there's a market on the corner as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They recommended some local hikes for us to do and they were great! The rooms are clean and safe, plus they're air conditioned. The bathrooms were clean and this place has good cheap breakfast in the morning. I will be back!

• 18th Sep 2015

Amazing view from this great hostel! I had the 6 bed deluxe room with ensuite and private balcony with amazing view! Friendly staff and great large terrace for socialising.

I had a truly lovely time at this hostel. Positano is gorgeous and the location gives you access to the town and is so close to the bus to the rest of the amalfi coast. Makes it really easy to get around. Nice balcony and atmosphere, lovely staff. Extremely helpful. Would recommend.

Amazing location and amazing facility. Also great staff! Only con were the bathrooms. Wish I could have had a room with the terrace that looks out to the sea!

great staff- great atmosphere-easy connections to everywhere as the bus literally stops out the front

I booked 8 bed mixed dorm but was put in 6 bed female dorm with no window and mattresses were wrapped in plastic - uncomfortable and very stuffy. Shared bathrooms were terrible- water dripped from roof, toilet paper ran out, showers have no hooks inside. Good cooked breakfast for extra cost, location close to bus stop if coming from Rome and opposite a good cheap restaurant but very steep/far walk from town centre/beach (town bus back up is very old and squishy with no aircon). Stay in Sorrento.

Excellent hostel (nice staff, great bar, a lot of fun, good breakfast, clean...), but extremely expensive for the location. One needs to take a bus to get to the city center or to the beach (walking takes 30 minutes and many many stairs). I guess if it was a little cheaper it wouldn't be so empty. I was alone in a room for 6.

I had a very pleasant stay at the hostel, Positano is beautiful and the view from the reception and rooms is amazing. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Only downside is the amount of stairs with heavy bags and wifi not working if you stay in the rooms across the road.

pretty expensive but your right in Positano. would have been good to have a kitchen or something to cut down costs a bit. nice atmosphere with everyone out on the balcony at night, easily met some lovely people.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. Incredible location, view from the patio and our room was breathtaking I kept shaking my head in disbelief. Staff were great, especially Rob who made an effort to remember everyone's name and was very helpful and kind. Very social, I made good friends within half an hour of arriving. Drinks are cheap and so is breakfast. I ended up staying an extra night and so did a lot of people I spoke to, it was very hard to leave!! Already can't wait to come back.

Great place in an amazing location. The staff were great and really helpful in advising you about transport, what to see etc. I would have liked to have seen lockers in the room, as being in a six bed room made me a little concerned about the security of my passport, valuables etc. they have a few small lockers but they are in the corridor. All in all a great place, would love to return.

Our dorm was dark, hot, had no air flow and two plugs for ten people. The plastic matresses made the heat worse. Our dorm opened up onto the common area so was very noisey. The bathroom was dirty, often with no toilet paper. The showers are tiny and there is no place to get changed. The hot water is only turned on at allocated time slots. The staff were not very friendly and the place had a wierd vibe. There is no guest kitchen and the food the hostel serves is basic and expensive.

everything was brilliant at this great little hostel. sea views from the terrace in this scenic resort. positano is beutiful. would reccomend this hostel to anyone.

The hostel had a great atmosphere! However, the 8 bunk dorm room in which I stayed got extremely warm at night and did not even have a fan. This made sleeping impossible! The girls showers are also pretty poorly set up - no dry spot to put your clothes while you are showering. Some of the breakfast options are great (muesli with fruit) but the pancakes are tiny for 5 euros!