Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere and the view is amazing and second to none.

Beautiful hostel perched on the top of positano with incredible views. Great food, lively atmosphere. Great little find.

• 16th Jul 2015

The beds have plastic covering them. When people move it makes a lot of noise. Not super clean, but good backpacking atmosphere. Social.

I would not recommend staying here. It is in a very inconvenient location despite the good view. There are so many steps and it is so hot in the summer. The staff are incredibly rude. They might socialise with guests but they don't approach their job with positive attitudes. You ask them to pour you a drink and they scowl like you are annoying them. It is your job, do it with a smile. The security is awful. No air conditioning. No wifi in rooms. Beds are so uncomfortable. The bathroom felt dirty

Hello. I spoke to you via email, to follow up on the points you raised. With regards to staff, it was identified that the staff you asked were not on shift when you asked them to serve you - we've taken steps to make it clearer who is working when. The security point you make was about your wallet, which you left on a sofa, and was handed back to you. There was air conditioning in both the rooms you stayed in.

This was my second time staying here, I've always made such good friends and the staff is fantastic! They have like, three different happy-hours (cocktails, then wine, then shots) throughout the night, so you get discounts on basically everything! It's a hike up from the beach, but it's totally part of the experience and it has an amazing view! Suggestion: the cheapest room is smack in the lobby (it'll be noisy and bright), spend the few euros more for the next-to-cheapest one. RECOMMEND!

This hostel is so overpriced it is ridiculous considering what little facilities it provides.. Essentially what saves this place from scoring very low is the view from the balcony is incredible, the staff who volunteered at the hostel during my stay were some of the best I have ever met and the general atmosphere duting my stay was amazing!! Other than that do not expect much comfort or sleep due to the lack of almost everything else.

Accommodation is basic but the hostel has beautiful views from the balconies and the staff were great. My only slight complaint was that although there is a no smoking policy, I thought my room smelt a little of old smoke. That said, this hostel does make staying in seriously expensive Positano affordable if you're on a budget.

• 1st Jul 2015

I loved the community feel of your hostel. Everyone coming in and out were lovely, and I'm sure you contributed to that. The view from your balcony is priceless, and I'd be very happy to come back and stay again at your hostel.

• 29th Jun 2015

You really can't beat the view you get at Hostel Brikette! All in all a very good experience. However, in many of my other hostel experiences Staff members usually provide a small map with a quick run down of the city highlights and how to navigate through the city. I find it very helpful and time saving, If there is one thing Hostel Brikette could do better its that!

The best hostel we stayed in! We wanted to stay here forever. Such a wonderful city/location/hostel/staff. So worth every penny! We missed our train the first day and weren't able to cancel our first night since it's a 3 day cancellation policy, but the manager (Peter I think?) upgraded us to a nicer room for free since we lost our first night. Great experience!

Great staff, helpful and fun. No windows or accurate air con in the room- musty and damp smell Some toilets didn't flush Couldn't understand the plastic over bed? Uncomfortable, noisy and hot to sleep on. Good outdoor space.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

This is the only hostel in Positano so didn't have much of a choice. But, the place is good, expensive for an hostel. But then Positano is an expensive holiday destination. Great ambience, warm and helpful staff. Small lockers! Beautiful view from the main lounge balcony. Great atmosphere! Would love to be back!

Hostel Brikette is at the top of the town in Positano, so you will walk a lot of stairs. But it is so worth it!! The hostel was so much fun and we made lots of friends. They also do a decent brekky in the morning, such cheap Happy Hour drinks and an amazing restaurant (cheap too!) is right across the road. We didn't realise our room wouldn't have a window, if we had known we definitely would have booked 'sea view' rooms because there is no air conditioning! And wifi doesn't reach the rooms.

Had such an amazing stay here. The staff were super great. Will be back.

Loved this hostel! The view from the balcony is amazing and the staff are happy to help with whatever you need. They give you a free pasta meal one of the nights which was delicious. The balcony area is a great place to hang out, making it super easy to meet new people. I have already recommended this hostel to friends coming through Positano and would definitely stay there again!

I really liked the time I spend in Positano with Hostel Brikette. At first I thought it would be a lot of time to stay in one place. But I felt home, and really confortable. The only negative point was that there's not any lockers at the rooms. But I didn't felt insecure to leave my things at the dorm. Beside it, amazing!

Such a great stay. The outdoor terrace is great for meeting people and there's just a really good vibe. The bathrooms were always clean and the staff were exceptional- shout out to Elly for making our time so enjoyable! The only downside is if you stay in the 10 bed dorm it's in the busiest part of the hostel with no lock on the shutter door- so security is very poor and is very noisy. Would love to come back and stay again!

It was realy fantastic, it was my first time in a hostel, The staff are só Nice!!! The drinks is cheaper!! I loved!!

• 13th Jun 2015

I had a great time at this hostel. The common area was a great place to hang out. They arranged a group outing to a club in the next town over, and it was an amazing time. Everyone there was super fun.

Absolutely amazing view from the hostel, very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Hostel was kept very clean as well just a lot of bugs on the patios but that's not their fault. Beach is a hike to get too, lots of stairs but isn't horrible. Food was great from the hostel bar and there's a great pizza place nearby as well. Overall amazing experience only negatives are no wifi or lockers in the rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3