Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

Best hostel we stayed at in Italy!! Amazing view, friendly guys who worked there and the most communal, social place we stayed at. Wifi, cheap bar and best shower facilities we've used (definitely have had some shockers). Definitely choose the 10 mixed dorm over the female only, really spacious and clean. Breakfast offered and accomodation the cheapest you'll find in positano! A few cons; - no kitchen facilities - no lockers available for bags, however safety deposit box for use

Was ment to only stay 2 nights.. Ended up staying 4, the staff were really helpful, energetic and would take us out during the day/night! I traveled by myself and had no problems at all! Highly recommend

• 20th Aug 2014

Great location with fantastic views, awesome staff - very helpful and fun. Breakfast is very good although not included. Also nice outdoor shared area which is good for meeting other travellers.

• 18th Aug 2014

Being the only hostel in Positano, there isn't many other choice for accomodation but it is a very nice hostel and I very much enjoyed my stay here. It's just around the corner from the first bus stop in town (when coming in from Sorrento) making it quite accessible to nearby towns and a short walk down the hill to the beach. The hostel has a great atmosphere at night, so though my room did lack a window, I didn't spend very much time in there. Breakfast is nice, and at a small additional fee.

Glad that you enjoyed your stay, and wish you all the best for your future travels.

Nice hostel, walk the path of gods and visit the beach while you're there

Had a great stay here! Best view and location. Easy to meet people as everyone is also drinking on the balcony.

• 12th Aug 2014

The walk up and down is pretty massive but the view from our rooms balcony was incredible. We stayed in a 4 female shared room which had an ensuite and aircon and was set away from the main lobby/other rooms. This and the 4 male share room were the only two rooms like this and were definitely the best in the hostel! The shuttle bus from Sorento drops you only 2 mins walk away and with no stairs involved!

• 10th Aug 2014

The balcony was a gorgeous view. They offered breakfast and dinner for 5 euro. I didn't like how they did not have a window in the 8 female dorm. It made it feel even more cramped.

I've stayed in many hostels and this one is definitely one of my top favourites! The staff, location and most off all the view were nothing short of incredible! Will definitely be back

The hostel is clean and neat!

This place would be amazing if they would spend about $50k to update/paint/clean the facilities. Sits atop an amazing town and its the only hostel in the town. If you choose cheapestroom,just KNOW that it is pretty much like a dungeon. People on top of people,no window and across the hall from the patio/party area. I dont see how anyone would ever be able to rest. Its at the top of town so be prepared to climb 800 steps to top or ride lots of buses.But you are in Positano. Peter is awesome

The most expensive hostel ever, and the only hostel in the area. The place is okay but: light in the bathroom didnt work and wasnt fixed even after reported (shower with the door open or in the dark), in a mixed dorm :-\ The AC stuck on 16 so we had to turn it off, wasnt fixed even after reported. It is probably on purpose to save on electricity, because this place is greedy. They even charge for leaving your bag the day you checkout. Someone please open another Hostel in the area!

We did fix the light, and the a/c, but neither were easy to fix. It took a couple of hours to fix; again, sorry for the inconvenience. We do disagree with your last points, though. Checkout is at 11am; after that, we take a 10 euro deposit, which covers you to store your bags, and use our facilities for free, until 2pm. Only if you come back after 2pm do you start to pay - 5 euros covers you until 5pm, and 10 euros up to 11pm.

Nice time, nice Positana, but the hostel's beds, oh, is not good really

Such a lovely part of the world to visit. The hostel was more like a B

We stayed in an 8 beddorm which provided for basic accommodation. When considering the location and the view from the terrace though, Hostel Brikette was fabulous value and we were so grateful to be able to stay in such a beauiful part of the world so cheaply. The staff were fantastic, especially Peter the manager of the hostel who provided all the assistance we needed during our stay. Futhermore the dinner available at the hostel was great value and tasty, nutritious food.

Had an incredible stay at hostel brikette. Staff were so friendly and helpful. The outdoor area is great for meeting other travellers over a few drinks. Quiet night life in positano but not at hostel brikette it was great had a ball. Once again thankyou for a great stay have already recommended to many friends.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great location and helpful and friendly staff. I particularly liked Summer, her tall British friend, and the owners. M.T.

This hostel has absolutely stunning views which is mostly what you're paying for. For the amount you pay, the facilities aren't really what you'd expect but I enjoyed my stay nonetheless. Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014

Enjoyed AC in dorm as it was hot.

Do yourself a favour and stay here. Food, staff and location are spectacular. The staff are always smiling and happy to help, super informative. The view is incredible, you won't find better in Positano, especially for this price. The food is home made, affordable and delicious. If you're nice to the staff (it's hard not to be), you might get seconds too. A total oasis after hiking. I spent three weeks in Italy, this was the best hostel by far!

« first « Prev 1 2 3