Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

I would not recommend staying here. It is in a very inconvenient location despite the good view. There are so many steps and it is so hot in the summer. The staff are incredibly rude. They might socialise with guests but they don't approach their job with positive attitudes. You ask them to pour you a drink and they scowl like you are annoying them. It is your job, do it with a smile. The security is awful. No air conditioning. No wifi in rooms. Beds are so uncomfortable. The bathroom felt dirty

This hostel is so overpriced it is ridiculous considering what little facilities it provides.. Essentially what saves this place from scoring very low is the view from the balcony is incredible, the staff who volunteered at the hostel during my stay were some of the best I have ever met and the general atmosphere duting my stay was amazing!! Other than that do not expect much comfort or sleep due to the lack of almost everything else.

You really can't beat the view you get at Hostel Brikette! All in all a very good experience. However, in many of my other hostel experiences Staff members usually provide a small map with a quick run down of the city highlights and how to navigate through the city. I find it very helpful and time saving, If there is one thing Hostel Brikette could do better its that!

Great staff, helpful and fun. No windows or accurate air con in the room- musty and damp smell Some toilets didn't flush Couldn't understand the plastic over bed? Uncomfortable, noisy and hot to sleep on. Good outdoor space.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Hostel Brikette is at the top of the town in Positano, so you will walk a lot of stairs. But it is so worth it!! The hostel was so much fun and we made lots of friends. They also do a decent brekky in the morning, such cheap Happy Hour drinks and an amazing restaurant (cheap too!) is right across the road. We didn't realise our room wouldn't have a window, if we had known we definitely would have booked 'sea view' rooms because there is no air conditioning! And wifi doesn't reach the rooms.

Had such an amazing stay here. The staff were super great. Will be back.

Loved this hostel! The view from the balcony is amazing and the staff are happy to help with whatever you need. They give you a free pasta meal one of the nights which was delicious. The balcony area is a great place to hang out, making it super easy to meet new people. I have already recommended this hostel to friends coming through Positano and would definitely stay there again!

I really liked the time I spend in Positano with Hostel Brikette. At first I thought it would be a lot of time to stay in one place. But I felt home, and really confortable. The only negative point was that there's not any lockers at the rooms. But I didn't felt insecure to leave my things at the dorm. Beside it, amazing!

Such a great stay. The outdoor terrace is great for meeting people and there's just a really good vibe. The bathrooms were always clean and the staff were exceptional- shout out to Elly for making our time so enjoyable! The only downside is if you stay in the 10 bed dorm it's in the busiest part of the hostel with no lock on the shutter door- so security is very poor and is very noisy. Would love to come back and stay again!

It was realy fantastic, it was my first time in a hostel, The staff are só Nice!!! The drinks is cheaper!! I loved!!

• 13th Jun 2015

I had a great time at this hostel. The common area was a great place to hang out. They arranged a group outing to a club in the next town over, and it was an amazing time. Everyone there was super fun.

Absolutely amazing view from the hostel, very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Hostel was kept very clean as well just a lot of bugs on the patios but that's not their fault. Beach is a hike to get too, lots of stairs but isn't horrible. Food was great from the hostel bar and there's a great pizza place nearby as well. Overall amazing experience only negatives are no wifi or lockers in the rooms.

Shared rooms are crammed. Common area is too small but the atmosphere amongst travellers is great. You will make new friends. Breakfast was excellent but pricy. Given how overcrowded the hostel is no wonder the management has to impose many rules. Some of them remind me of high school. Nobody over 45 in dorms. Is this even legal? Discrimination based on age? Others seem to be in place just to make more money such as no alcohol other than the one they sell you. Nonetheless I did like it a lot.

Thanks for your feedback. It was nice to meet you. The rules we have are generally not of our own making, so much as what is required of us by law. On that note: many hostels and hotels cater to specific customer groups (some hotels are 'adult only' for example), and we only do so with regards to our dorm rooms - anyone can stay in private rooms. If we were trying to maximize our income, as suggested, we would not apply such a policy.

Hostel Brikette was a great place to stay on a budget in Positano! The staff are incredible!! So nice and very helpful with providing tips on what to do. They organized a lot of fun events for the hostel like flip cup and going to a disco. The location is very good and it takes about 20 minutes to walk down to the ocean (you don't need to take a bus)!

The staff was great, especially the woman who is there at night. She is leaving soon I think, they were so lucky to have her and it is a shame she is going. The view is insane for a hostel ( but this is on the pricey side after all). The one major issue I had was that the room I was in always felt damp. (I swear my sheets felt wet) This is probably due to people drying their swim suits in here and there being no source of ventilation, other than one window- which was next to a top bunk bed.

Great location. My first room, which was across the road from the common area, was great, quiet and had a fridge :) I didn't enjoy the rooms on the same side as reception as much as it can be quite noisy at night if the common area is busy. Also the beds in these rooms had plastic covers on the mattresses which are also noisy. A fridge for guests in the common area would be awesome! Otherwise a lovely stay in a really nice spot. Great views :-))

Katie is amazing. She went above and beyond to look after the crew and was heaps of fun. The chef was also great. Thank you for the hand cut chips!!!!

I would highly recomend this hostel ! Everything is great there.

Couldn't ask for anything better! Our rooms and bathrooms were cleaned and stocked daily, everything is very secure, the food/bar is awesome, and getting to sit on the balcony was one of the highlights of each day. The staff are very accommodating and willing to offer suggestions of things to do and places to eat. The stairs were killer to get to the beach, but that's kind of what you get in Positano. We got there early, but the staff gladly stored our luggage until we could check in.

• 25th May 2015

Extremely beautiful location and a very helpful staff, I felt right at home the minute I got there and had an amazing time.

• 24th May 2015