Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

Excellent hostel (nice staff, great bar, a lot of fun, good breakfast, clean...), but extremely expensive for the location. One needs to take a bus to get to the city center or to the beach (walking takes 30 minutes and many many stairs). I guess if it was a little cheaper it wouldn't be so empty. I was alone in a room for 6.

I had a very pleasant stay at the hostel, Positano is beautiful and the view from the reception and rooms is amazing. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Only downside is the amount of stairs with heavy bags and wifi not working if you stay in the rooms across the road.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. Incredible location, view from the patio and our room was breathtaking I kept shaking my head in disbelief. Staff were great, especially Rob who made an effort to remember everyone's name and was very helpful and kind. Very social, I made good friends within half an hour of arriving. Drinks are cheap and so is breakfast. I ended up staying an extra night and so did a lot of people I spoke to, it was very hard to leave!! Already can't wait to come back.

Great place in an amazing location. The staff were great and really helpful in advising you about transport, what to see etc. I would have liked to have seen lockers in the room, as being in a six bed room made me a little concerned about the security of my passport, valuables etc. they have a few small lockers but they are in the corridor. All in all a great place, would love to return.

Our dorm was dark, hot, had no air flow and two plugs for ten people. The plastic matresses made the heat worse. Our dorm opened up onto the common area so was very noisey. The bathroom was dirty, often with no toilet paper. The showers are tiny and there is no place to get changed. The hot water is only turned on at allocated time slots. The staff were not very friendly and the place had a wierd vibe. There is no guest kitchen and the food the hostel serves is basic and expensive.

The hostel had a great atmosphere! However, the 8 bunk dorm room in which I stayed got extremely warm at night and did not even have a fan. This made sleeping impossible! The girls showers are also pretty poorly set up - no dry spot to put your clothes while you are showering. Some of the breakfast options are great (muesli with fruit) but the pancakes are tiny for 5 euros!

Though the room in the hostel was fine, I think it was certainly overpriced for its location. Also, the staff needs to be more organized as a whole. They were unable to answer questions for us at times because they were just hanging out, and one staff member came into our room unannounced while I was undressed. Staff definitely needs reprimanding, and for what it's worth the room is ok,

• 19th Aug 2015

Please note that you booked a dorm room, rather than a private room. We would normally knock, and I will talk to the staff about this. But let's put it in the correct context: a member of staff coming into the room is no different, really, than a guest. Also, surely you see that its not realistic to expect staff who are not working to answer your questions i.e. when staff hang out after work, they are treated as we would treat guests.

So!!! This hostel is awesome. People that worked there are the nicest and friendliest people. One employee had a friend who would hang out there a lot, he would always be really really really loud in the middle of the night talking to girls who were staying in the hostel. He wasn't even staying there, weird. But since the hostel rooms door isn't really a door and is right at the entrance and "party patio" you can hear everything. Horrible horrible. That's he only reason why I'd never stay again.

Thanks for your positive review. No one comes into the hostel who is not a guest. The person that you refer to is actually an Argentinian guest, who speaks Italian to one of our members of staff. This guest is staying in one of our apartments, which is why it may seem as if he is not staying at the hostel. Best wishes for your future travels.

Very nice spot, great staff, and fun people staying at the hostel. Got lucky and had one of the nice rooms with a terrace, kept the doors open at night and it was nice and breezy

The mattresses are covered in a tarp you would wrap a dead body in- ain't nobody wanna sleep on that. The rooms have nowhere to store your bags in a dorm of 8 and there is no fan in the dead heat of summer. You can't prepare your own food, (let alone store any items of your own food in the fridge). The lady in the kitchen was delightful. However, the other staff were mostly pretty arrogant and unhelpful.

• 16th Aug 2015

It is a reaaly nice place! Loved it. The room I was in was a little bit noisy, though.

This Hostel was in a good location and had really friendly staff. The smaller dorm we stayed in had a private ensuite and balcony as well. The only negatives were that the Internet did not work in our section of the hostel at all and the beds were covered in a plastic wrap which made them very uncomfortable and noisy, not good for sharing a room.

• 14th Aug 2015

We were very disappointed with our stay here. The staff was incredibly rude. One man in particular was not knowledgeable about anything in the area or how the hostel was run. He provided us with false information, making us miss our train. He would wait until late at night once he could close the office, then promote massive drinking in the common rooms, not obeying the quiet hours. The bathrooms & rooms were never clean always filthy. There were no lockers. We will never recommend this hostel.

A bit expensive for a hostel but definitely worth the cost for the location and atmosphere. Beautiful spot, with good clean facilities. Wifi works very well, but only in the common area. Beds are a little strange being fully wrapped in tape or something similar to a trash bag material so lots of noise when turning over in bed. Atmosphere is very good with lots of social travelers either solo or small groups. Had a bit of a fiasco going to the club with the transportation the hostel organized.

Security - no lockers in the rooms. Staff/atmosphere - was very confusing about where was working and who wasn't. Some of the staff there seem to hang out there when they aren't working and when you would ask them something and they weren't very friendly. Cleanliness - both rooms I stayed in bathrooms flooded at shower time and there was no bath mats or anything to stop us walking the water from the bathroom into the bedroom.

The location is very close to the Chiesa Nuovo bus stop but very far from everything else (port, beach, etc). The place is not also very clean... but all other accommodations in Positano are very expensive, so I guess you don't have much choice! But the staff was nice and the atmosphere was fun! I would recommend it!!

The setting is impeccable, it's just that the facilities are a bit lacking. Showers that back up, little space to put your things in the room, not enough outlets. Our room had one 20 watt lightbulb in it--that's all. Weird stuff like that show a lack of attention. But Positano is so special and the views from the hostel are amazing.

View was worth it but there is no A/C and the other facilities need to be improved

Love this place!! Good vibes all around. If they did a free breakfast it would be even better ;)

Great hostel in Positano. Located right near the bus station. Bit of a hike to the beach, but the views are stunning - stairs not so much, definitely a work out! Staff really friendly. Only tip is if you want some sleep then don't stay in the dorm down the bottom as it's in front of the outdoor area and it gets quite noisy and hot as there's no fan or anything. Pay a bit more for a room upstairs with a/con. Otherwise great hostel with drinks and food! Across the road is a delicious pizza shop.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4