Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

My Partner and I had a fantastic stay - we were in a private room which had the best view and was cute and cosy. I highly recommend this hostel especially if you like views,space and beautiful Italian food right opposite the hostel.

Berkette has a great atmosphere and amazing staff, along with a good view. But for the price I was disappointed that there was no free breakfast and what was offered was very expensive. Storing bags for the day is also very expensive and they were just left in a corridor. On the plus side happy hour is very cheap and there are plenty of small cheap grocery stores right down the road. All in all it's the cheapest option in Positano which is an expensive town to visit.

It was really cute, the staff was helpful and nice...

• 14th Oct 2014

I had a blast in Hostel Brikette, it's the best hostel I've been in 4.5 months. Excellent view from dorms, amazing staff!!! I suggest to add WiFi on rooms, maybe lockers too (it's not comfy going downstairs to get stuff from lockers and rooms have enough space to add them), also would be cool make the kitchen available to guests or get a discount on the restaurant crossing the street. Thank you guys for this amazing week! I'll come back next year!

Friendly and helpful staff. Had a great stay at hostel brikette. One the bunk beds in my dorm was pretty old and squeaked all night as the tenant moved around. Otherwise great stay. An amazing view from the balconies. Good value for money.

I stayed here for two nights,. Hostel rooms were average - our bathroom flooded because of poor drainage in the shower. Also a lot of noise from the street and from people partying late on the balcony below. Location was at the very top of the town so a lot of stair climbing. Beautiful view though. The beds didn't feel particularly stable (I was on the top bunk) - on the whole not a good experience and would not recommend!!!

This is the only hostel in positano and is cheap compared to anywhere else in the town, but relatively expensive for what you get given it's just a bunk without breakfast! It's close to the bus stop but right at the top of the hill so about as far from the beach as possible! Good for exercising those thighs at least! It was very clean and the bar was relatively cheap - 7 euros for a bottle of wine. Staff were friendly and there was breakfast to buy which is always handy.

because it was the most expensive hostel I ever stayed.

We didn't like a few things about this hostel. The price was very outrageous considering you don't get towels or breakfast. There is breakfast available for purchase, which is overly priced for how much you get. The girls who worked there were not the best. There are no decent lockers. I would recommend looking for something else.

Thanks for your feedback. I wrote to you via email with some questions, as some of what you say is surprising, but did not receive a response. We charge separately for things that are optional, as this is fairer than hiding the cost in the room rate. Property in Positano is very expensive, and the nightly rate simply reflects that. We hope you enjoy your future travels.

Great location and fantastic views from the balcony. The balcony acts as a common area and really good to meet people! One of the basic dorms is right opposite the balcony so can get noisy

Had a nice time at this hostel. Great location with beautiful views and has a nice balcony with huge table so really easy to meet people when sitting outside.

They staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was awesome for young people! It's quite a hike from the beach (lots of stairs), but the view is incredible. Drinks are good and its a great place to hang out at night. Clean and a good value for your money!

Good location. If you wanna make conversations with new people,its the best because they drink and play music loud until late(including staffs). But if you wanna take a rest and go to bed early after swimming and climbing the hills, its the worst. It is your choice.

Sorry you did not enjoy your stay. If you had come to the hostel later in the season, you would find it more quiet in the evening; we recommend coming in the later part of September and October. It would also be a good idea to avoid our cheapest dorm room, as we advertise that room as clearly being noisier in the evening; other dorm rooms would have been much quieter, and a better choice for you. All the best for your future travels.

I really enjoyed staying at the Brikette. If I could, I would have extended my stay a few more nights. It was great hanging out with the staff and the other guests. It felt like everybody became friends instantly. I must say, this is more of a party hostel than your normal hostel (which I was perfectly fine with being a lone traveler). I did stay in the 6 mix dorm which had its own bathroom and was away from the main level of the hostel.

• 9th Sep 2014

Absolutely loved this place. The owners and staff were excellent in every way possible and added so much more to my stay in positano. I planned 3 nights here and ended up staying 12. I Can't wait until I come back here and the homemade limoncello was the bomb 😊

Great to have you stay with us, and see you have so much fun. Shame that like all good things, you had to travel onwards, but really hope you make it back to see us again. All the best.

No matter how long you've booked for, you'll wish it was twice as long once you step out on the terrace and see the incredible view. The staff here is one of the best things about the hostel. They are super friendly and helpful, and Peter the manageeven always ready to assist. The breakfast costs extra, but like all the food, it is delicious. Definitely try the French toast ! I had a medical issue and had to be in the hospital for a few days, and the staff was really concerned & helpful.

Thanks for your kind words. We were glad to see you enjoy your stay so much. We wish you all the best for your future travels, and hope to see you again.

First the hostel is far away from the beach! If you want to keep your luggage there after 2pm you need to pay!! Incredible this!!! Hot water only few time per day (3 hours in the morning and 3 in the evening) absurd this!! Breakfast very poor and you also need to pay!! They forgot to tell us the code to enter in the hotel at night and we stayed long time trying to enter in the hostel!! Never stay on this place! It is so bad and expensive, I stayed also in sorrento and naples and was much better

We do advertise that the hostel is 15 mins from the beach, we did tell you the code for the door (there's also a large poster by the door), hot water is available for more than six hours a day, and you did not eat breakfast. You did get into a full-on rage when we said that you would need to pay 5 euros if you wanted to stay in the hostel after 2pm, but that is not just for baggage storage - it is for use of facilities like the shower and internet, too.

A fabulous hostel, great location over looking beautiful Positano. The dorm room I was in had the most amazing views. The managers and staff are fabulous and the breakfasts are unreal, especially the French Toast with homemade caramel sauce, to die for! The common room is a huge balcony again with amazing views, great atmosphere which is fab when travelling alone. The restaurant across the road has excellent food and low prices. Loved my stay here. Tks!

Best hostel we stayed at in Italy!! Amazing view, friendly guys who worked there and the most communal, social place we stayed at. Wifi, cheap bar and best shower facilities we've used (definitely have had some shockers). Definitely choose the 10 mixed dorm over the female only, really spacious and clean. Breakfast offered and accomodation the cheapest you'll find in positano! A few cons; - no kitchen facilities - no lockers available for bags, however safety deposit box for use

Thanks for your feedback, which we appreciate. We'll never be able to offer a kitchen, unfortunately, as we cannot get the required license.

Hard to recommend Hostel Brikette apart form the great view in a stunning place called Positano. Some of their downfalls are their overpriced average breakfast and dinners, charging for holding baggage for rest of the day when you leave (of course you want to make the most of your full last day on the beach - unlike any other hostel going around. I could understand about charging if you were going to put them in a locked secured room but they were on the stairs for anyone to forage through). Own

• 20th Aug 2014