Hostel Brikette

9.0
Superb 1326 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

My first time at a hostel was staying here and the staff as well as everyone staying there made us feel so comfortable. The location was in the middle of Positano, the breakfast was the best breakfast I've had so far in Europe and the showers were amazing. It was a great two day stay!

16th Jun 2017

Solo male traveler. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast isn't included, but the food is awesome and has good prices. Super dank pizza place across the street. Would recommend every time

14th Jun 2017
5.7

No WiFi in the room. WiFi in the common areas is awfully slow and undependable. No common computer. Staff is there for summer jobs and terribly uninformed about the area. Service is expensive, for instance I paid 10 Euro for washing clothes ONLY, not drying. Morning person doesn't show up until past 7 am. I had a bus to Sorrento so I had to leave my keys at the reception and forgo my 5 Euro deposit. If the owner is reading, please hold your staff to high standards. Location is decent.

The wifi and computer parts are correct. The washing service is 10 euros for wash and dry, and its advertised as such. Its true that the morning person does not show up until past 7am, but you can do checkout night before - and get your deposit back. Again this is all clearly advertised. Our staff are very well trained - see all other feedback here, for example - and we provide a 80 page information pack. I am one of the owners, and I met you during you stay. I was not impressed by your behaviour. I am not, frankly, inclined to be interested in your feedback.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

Absolutely stunning location, there is a main building and also two rooms in another building opposite across the road (which is where I stayed) the views from the balcony are phenomenal and though I forgot about breakfast - I believe it is included! There is an eclectic group of characters who run the hostel someone was there for my arrival but not for my departure - though was positively reassured someone would be. Overall I recommend the hostel - very secure location.

• cassidykjeldsen1061
  • USA, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2017
5.1

I guess it's the only hostel in Positono so they can just kind of get away with whatever they want. For the price (expensive), I wish I would have done more research and found a cheap hotel or something else. The Internet doesn't work accept for in the common area, you're not allowed to be there between 11:00 and 2:00, you can't bring in your own alcohol and all of the food and drinks are WAY over priced for a hostel. It's really high up, so it's a long uphill walk from the beach.

• Canada, Female, 41+
11th Jun 2017

Easy to get to by bus. We stayed in the room across the street from the main hostel. It was great! Very private and clean. Easy access when using the interno bus....693 stairs to the main beach are...okay for going down but the E1.30 was well worth it for the ride up. Great recommendations for dinners as well. One restaurant being two doors down with a nice balcony looking over the bay. Would highly recommend this hostel. Seems like almost everyone working here is from Australia. Lisa

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

One of my favorite places! So welcoming and clean and the best pancakes I've ever had!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

One of the best hostels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The view in the superior room is absolutely worth springing for if you can! The staff were always very friendly and helpful, and I was only able to try the breakfast for one day but it was very tasty. If I had one suggestion it would be making food available for more meals - or even just snacks would be a nice option. I would absolutely stay here again though, and would recommend it to anyone.

6th Jun 2017

With it being the only hostel in positano, it does not disappoint! Everyone is extremely friendly, and the owner makes a homemade breakfast to order! The hostel is very clean, with wifi only in the common area. The views from the hostel are incredible. If I make it back to positano, would stay again for sure!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5th Jun 2017

Awesome as Jesse and Amanda were welcoming when we first came in. They introduced us to everyone on the balcony during happy hour. Awesome hotel Loved every minute of my stay there Will come back in the future! The only down side is that the wifi only works in the reception area and not in the rooms!