Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

Being the only hostel in Positano, there isn't many other choice for accomodation but it is a very nice hostel and I very much enjoyed my stay here. It's just around the corner from the first bus stop in town (when coming in from Sorrento) making it quite accessible to nearby towns and a short walk down the hill to the beach. The hostel has a great atmosphere at night, so though my room did lack a window, I didn't spend very much time in there. Breakfast is nice, and at a small additional fee.

Nice hostel, walk the path of gods and visit the beach while you're there

The walk up and down is pretty massive but the view from our rooms balcony was incredible. We stayed in a 4 female shared room which had an ensuite and aircon and was set away from the main lobby/other rooms. This and the 4 male share room were the only two rooms like this and were definitely the best in the hostel! The shuttle bus from Sorento drops you only 2 mins walk away and with no stairs involved!

• 10th Aug 2014

The balcony was a gorgeous view. They offered breakfast and dinner for 5 euro. I didn't like how they did not have a window in the 8 female dorm. It made it feel even more cramped.

I've stayed in many hostels and this one is definitely one of my top favourites! The staff, location and most off all the view were nothing short of incredible! Will definitely be back

The hostel is clean and neat!

This place would be amazing if they would spend about $50k to update/paint/clean the facilities. Sits atop an amazing town and its the only hostel in the town. If you choose cheapestroom,just KNOW that it is pretty much like a dungeon. People on top of people,no window and across the hall from the patio/party area. I dont see how anyone would ever be able to rest. Its at the top of town so be prepared to climb 800 steps to top or ride lots of buses.But you are in Positano. Peter is awesome

The most expensive hostel ever, and the only hostel in the area. The place is okay but: light in the bathroom didnt work and wasnt fixed even after reported (shower with the door open or in the dark), in a mixed dorm :-\ The AC stuck on 16 so we had to turn it off, wasnt fixed even after reported. It is probably on purpose to save on electricity, because this place is greedy. They even charge for leaving your bag the day you checkout. Someone please open another Hostel in the area!

We did fix the light, and the a/c, but neither were easy to fix. It took a couple of hours to fix; again, sorry for the inconvenience. We do disagree with your last points, though. Checkout is at 11am; after that, we take a 10 euro deposit, which covers you to store your bags, and use our facilities for free, until 2pm. Only if you come back after 2pm do you start to pay - 5 euros covers you until 5pm, and 10 euros up to 11pm.

Nice time, nice Positana, but the hostel's beds, oh, is not good really

Such a lovely part of the world to visit. The hostel was more like a B

We stayed in an 8 beddorm which provided for basic accommodation. When considering the location and the view from the terrace though, Hostel Brikette was fabulous value and we were so grateful to be able to stay in such a beauiful part of the world so cheaply. The staff were fantastic, especially Peter the manager of the hostel who provided all the assistance we needed during our stay. Futhermore the dinner available at the hostel was great value and tasty, nutritious food.

Had an incredible stay at hostel brikette. Staff were so friendly and helpful. The outdoor area is great for meeting other travellers over a few drinks. Quiet night life in positano but not at hostel brikette it was great had a ball. Once again thankyou for a great stay have already recommended to many friends.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great location and helpful and friendly staff. I particularly liked Summer, her tall British friend, and the owners. M.T.

This hostel has absolutely stunning views which is mostly what you're paying for. For the amount you pay, the facilities aren't really what you'd expect but I enjoyed my stay nonetheless. Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014

Enjoyed AC in dorm as it was hot.

Do yourself a favour and stay here. Food, staff and location are spectacular. The staff are always smiling and happy to help, super informative. The view is incredible, you won't find better in Positano, especially for this price. The food is home made, affordable and delicious. If you're nice to the staff (it's hard not to be), you might get seconds too. A total oasis after hiking. I spent three weeks in Italy, this was the best hostel by far!

great location and you are paying for the views. only problem was i had emailed the hostel before arriving asking for a more detailed explaination of how to get to the hostel (what stop, what bus to get) and i was rudely answered with "check the website" - if you dont want to answer travellers questions dont work in a hostel simple. make sure you get a room that has a window as mine didnt and it was always damp and dark in the room, food and drink well priced & great atmosphere!

You wrote twice to us for directions. The first time was in March. You were planning, at that time, to travel via a non-standard route. We gave you a very full answer, all of which was contained in the email. The second time you asked what bus to catch from Naples train station to go to Positano. There is no direct bus, so we said that you should catch the train to Sorrento and then catch the bus to Positano. We then provided a link to a specific page, which outlines that journey in detail

This hostel was sweet, amazing staff and atmosphere. We met some great people while we were there which helped. Would definately stay again and recommend to friends. Thanks for the fun stay :)

• 7th Jul 2014

Great hostel in perfect location. Loved the terrace area especially. Only problem was the ensuite showers flooded very easily. Hostel dinners were great value and yum.

My sister and I spent two nights in Positano, and stayed in a Deluxe 6 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite. We absolutely loved the hostel, it had a great atmosphere and really friendly staff members and guests! The breakfasts were delicious, and the common areas were lively. Our room had a gorgeous terrace overlooking the whole of Positano and the sea, it was wonderful to wake up to! Cons: no hand soap was provided in our ensuite, and no luggage lockers in the rooms. I would definitely stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3