Hostel Brikette Reviews

Via G marconi 358, Positano, Italy

This place is a gem! I intended to stay for a few days and ended up adding more days on. The staff are wonderful, and the views are perfect. There is a kitchen but guests do not have access. However, the staff were very attentive and would get you anything you'd like from the kitchen. There's a chef in house most days so you don't have to leave the balcony of you want to stay there for dinner. There's also a great restaurant across the road. Would highly recommend.

Loved my stay, very helpful and knowledgable. Peter was great and he is so lucky to have Amanda for the few weeks she is there fir

• 12th May 2015

This hostel is very cute, and is in a very charming area. Bringing your own alcohol is forbiden on the terrace and in the entire hostel so we have to either buy alcohol at the hostel bar which is quite expensive or go drink outside. There is also no kitchen!

Hostel Brikette is a good place if you are a traveller who dont want to spend all is money in a room. But, if its not summer, its seem that you have less services and people. Positano is a summer place. You cannot bring alcohol in this hostel and you cannot smoke (a little bit strict..)

• 29th Apr 2015

LOVED THIS PLACE! Ended up staying 5 nights. Great patio over looking the ocean. Terrace in my dorm was great! Owner was so nice! We had some great talks about living in Italy and he also was very knowledgable about the surrounding trails. Learned so much from him. Pizza place across the street with very affordable food. The price may seem steep for a hostel, but it's all about the place it's in. Would for sure recommend staying here :)

Great, clean and friendly hostel. I was there at a pretty quiet time but there was still a good atmosphere. There was no breakfast and the bar was not open and this probably should have been clearer (that this is only available in high season). But otherwise, rooms were clean and comfortable. The view is amazing, and I quite enjoyed the stair climb exercise!

This hostel is the only hostel in Positano. Positano is a very steep town and this hostel was located at the very top. Climbing up and down was a challenge. Regardless, the atmosphere here was great, and I made lots of new friends to travel with. FYI: this place doesn't have lockers. It also got REALLY cold at night but the staff is really nice. They turned on the heat and gave me extra blankets. I also asked for towels and a hairdryer and they let me borrow them. The view was also nice.

Hostel Brikette was a great stay. Peter, the owner and his staff are very friendly and very accommodating. I will definitely return when I come back to Positano.

Over all it was a really nice place to stay for a couple of nights. The staff were super friendly and always made it a point to ask you about your day! There was plenty of places to shop and eat nearby and the beach was pretty close! Besides there not being any wifi in the rooms (you have to sit in the common area) there is nothing I can really complain about. Also the view from the balcony is amazing!

• 7th Apr 2015

The room was so cold that it was hard to sleep at night. We asked the owner to turn the heat on, but he ended up turning the heat down the next day when it was super windy and the room stayed freezing temperature. Other than the owner the rest of the staff was great! But I won't be coming back to this hostel or recommending it to my friends and family.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Philippines

I loved my stay here! there isn't any wifi in the rooms which wasn't a huge problem because i spent most of my time outside anyways. the hostel is situated kind of far from the beach but the walk down is fine and i just took the bus on the way back up. the owner is such a nice guy too!

• 31st Mar 2015

Great view of Positano. We had a balcony view of the water which was great. Staff was very helpful and friendly when I had questions about the area/how to get around. Limited hot water use and it wasn't really hot even during those times. The only really negative was the small bathroom/shower.