Hostel Budapest Center Reviews

Semmelweis u 2. felemelet 5., Budapest, Hungary

Chaos. Moved from our room to a tiny old kitchen with a bed because they had an "insect problem". Went to cook and fuse blew twice and they blamed us and didn't care at all. Then forced to move back to our original room in the morning which wasn't accessible until 6pm because of the chemicals they used. The kitchen was dirty and the bathroom locks did not work, had someone walk in on me twice while using it and had locked both locks. Nobody stay here. Oh and fix your directions

Dear Kara. Thank you for your comment. As prevention each hotel who cares well his guest has to do once a year insekt killing in his building. This prevention work is protecting our guest and help us avoiding problems.Unluckily way it took place exactly on your arrival date.This works take a few hours and after that you can not enter the room for 3 hours. We did not want you to wait such long that is why we have moved you into another room and caused you a bit chaos feeling. Sorry for that. Hm

Great place to stay. Can't beat the price and the location. Staff was always helpful and friendly. Was clean. Would definitely recommend staying here!!!!!

• 12th Sep 2015

Friendly and very helpful staff...among the best hospitality I ever received as long as hostel is concerned.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

We got there super late and although I sent them an email regarding my late arrival, one of the staff members gave away one of the beds under my reservation. It really sucked because my friend had to sleep on the couch. At least we got to stay in the hostel for free that night.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is an excellent location. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Overall a good accommodation on fair price. :)

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

The hostel was clean and staff was helpful. I had a great stay in Budapest !

Everything was great, if I can just add that the kitchen is not enough equipped, we cannot do even pastas.

On the whole I would say this hostel is a little disorganised however they try their best to resolve any issues. It is very clean and there is a shower in each dorm. Also worth mentioning that from the Astoria metro stop, take exit I.

Friendliest staff - seriously - you guys were so lovely. Great location, 5 min walk to nice cafes/restaurants and ruin bar. Lighting in the kitchen area was terrible so not nice to stay there to chat. Only 2 toilets but didn't have to wait in line. Nice having own shower in the room. Triple bunks felt a bit scary climbing up but otherwise a very cool place to stay. Every door into the dorm had a different key so in theory it was secure but only if others remembered to lock it!

Very nice hostel located within the city centre in a very convenienet location.

Staff were friendly but very small common area so most guests stayed in their rooms or out. If I return here will try another hostel.

Brilliant staff. Very friendly and kind. Always willing to help out. Had an exciting time staying here. Thanks guys :)

Lovely hostel would definitely recommend!

The hostel is really well located - you can go back to it multiple times during the day to leave or take something (there is a supermarket just next to it). The room was very clean and cozy, with a clean shower in it. You can cook your own meals in the hostel. The staff was very nice. There is a free wifi and some books to read in the room.

• 17th Jun 2015