Hostel California Vaci Street Reviews

15 Vaci Street, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel was very hard to find because it was just an apartment turned into a hostel and there were no signs. The security was not good because they did not have lockers and the rooms did not lock. The bathrooms were right next to reception which was awkward. The mattresses were just pieces of foam and the breakfast wasn't really good. However, we only paid $10/night so it was what you would expect for cheap accommodations.

The bathrooms are actually very higyenic and clean, but sadly the kitchen is not really. It is possible to cook there, but you will have to clean some of the things first and not all saucepans are really good for use. Except for that, the hostel is really well equipped and a very nice place to stay.

• 8th Jun 2014

The hostel is filthy and there is a horrible sewer smell. The staff is unorganized and unprepared. The beds are terrible. Absolutely awful.

• 30th May 2014

Hostel is a bit hard to find - no sign on the building - but the location is really good. Due to the public holidays, hostel was fully booked and consequently we had to wait for toilets and showers quite a lot of time in the morning and in the evening. Beds were not so stable and as you moved, person sleeping below you moved to. Otherwise, a nice hostel and helpful staff.

Friendly staff, excellent location and good facilities. Very cheap too!

Very nice atmosphere! The staff is superfriendly, outgoing and helpful, the rooms are very artistic and the whole hostel feels homey and comfy! :) Nice breakfasts (if you're awake), very secure! LOVE

This hostel is awesome! I would recommend this to everyone, especially if you are in college and looking to have a greate time in Budapest. The staff and owner are super friendly, fun, and helpful. They will even take you out to the bars and they have discounts they can give you for different bars. Large common area to meets other people or just chill. Absolutely grat location. Plenty of different bathrooms and showers so you don't have to wait. I can't say enough about great my stay was here.

It was fun to stay there for two nights, hanging out with other travellers and hostel staff. The bed was a little uncomfortable, but when you are tired after wandering around the city all day/evening/night, you won´t even notice it. Just happy to have a good sleep in a cozy place and nice breakfast in the morning. That was great! Very friendly place to be, thanks for the házi, took my flu away :)

Exellente place for vacation. :) It is in the heart of Budapest. Clean, cheep accomodation. Perfect for discover a beautifull city like this. I hope to come back some day.

This hostel is quality and value for money. The bathrooms are big and there's always hot water. Kitchen is big, the WiFi works, breakfast is fine etc etc. Location is superb, really close access to everything. The only annoying thing is it's one of those hostels that thinks it's cool to be really really hard to find!!

Great hostel, great location. The staff was fantastic and helped us a lot. The dorm was good and big, the kitchen was nice too and we loved the free tea and coffee. Breakfast was included and it was good.

This is the most amazing hostel I've been so far. It's pretty well located, fairly cheap and has the most amazing atmosphere ever. I booked 7 days and stay for 4 more!. They even made me a surprise cake for my bday, and I'm so grateful about it. If you are travelling alone you will feel like home. I'll never forget my stay here, I can't wait to go back!

Thank you very much for the great review. :) We are very happy that you felt soo good with us. See you next time. ;)

The hostel is great for its price. It is super cheap and in a great location. But the mattresses are thin, no locks on the bedroom doors, and the staff could be a little better at offering advice and suggestions for what to see and do. The breakfast I minimal but free so that's a plus. Overall you get what you pay for and for a cheap place to stay it is good.

Very good. Centric and comfortable hostel.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Fantastic staff, fantastic location, showers weren't very clean but other then that no other problems whatsoever :)

really enjoyed my time in Budapest and the hostel went a long way in making it one of the best experiences of my life. a big thank you to peter and the rest of the staff there. would definitely stay here again

This is a great hostel with an almost family atmosphere. The living room area is superbly equipped, with two computers, one of which is connected to a VERY GOOD amplifier and speakers and a projector. There is a washing machine, too. Only two tiny negatives: one bathroom doesn't have a lock on it (and has *two* showers in it - some see this as a positive...!) and there aren't enough safes to go round (although while I stayed there were larger groups so this didn't matter). A great place!

Excellent location and friendly staff! Would recommend!

I suppose this could be and probably will turn out to be a very nice hostel. However when we stayed there was lots of maintenance work underway, meaning avoiding bits of wall sticking out, loose wires and heaps of furniture piled next to our room. Location would be perfect for some people, being a 30 second walk from the main square, however it is a small trek to get to the party capital of the Jewish quarter. Very reasonable price, I am tempted to come back in a few years to see the changes!

Great hostel for what you get. Lots of fans and massive common area. Amazing location

« first « Prev 1 2 3