5.4
Rating 1,478 Total Reviews
5.4
Rating 1,478 Total Reviews
Hostel California Located at Via Lambrate,18, , Milan.
Italy
Milan 20131 Via Lambrate,18
54% 1478
45.4899360 9.2256953
    Rooms available

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
24th Sep 2016
3.4

Be prepared to be charged 10 euros extra for unavoidable fees. They charge you for sheets even if you bring your own, they charge you for a towel even if they dont provide you with one. They not only are a 1 hour walk from anything, they are not honest.

21st Sep 2016
7.1

Rooms are small and a tight fit. Close to metro station

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016
2.0

The guy at the reception ask us for more money just to stay together, ww didn't had a problem to stay separated, maybe there wasn't enough space for all of us, but he send me and other one of my friends to a different room with 8 beds available. Also we didn't had the key of the dorm so you have to keep ringing the door bell until someone lets you in.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Sep 2016
2.0

This place was not pleasant to stay in, it felt like it had not been cleaned in months, the facilities (Bathrooms ect) were shocking and it was definitely not value for money.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
12th Sep 2016
6.0

Hidden fees for everything, expect to pay at least an extra 5 euro.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2016
4.6

The staff smoked inside, the hostel location is not great, the beds creaked and banged against each other at the slightest movement, the fan was pathetic and the room was hot. I knew I had to pay more for sheets when I got there (€2.40) but was disgusted to find they were dirty with curly black hairs and paint flecks on them. There was MEAT in the shower - off meat?!? - and the showers were blocked and the bathroom was dirty. It was a revolting experience the worst I've had in 3 months of Europe

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Sep 2016

I booked this hostel without reading any reviews first. As I read more and more reviews, I became more and more weary of my decision to stay at this hostel. As it turns out, I was worrying for no reason because this hostel was excellent, especially at the price I paid. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, and the location was excellent. Two of my friends and I stayed in a dorm-style room and though it was a bit hot, we felt comfortable there. I would definitely stay here again.

1st Sep 2016
4.3

Just a place to crash overnight. The price online is cheap but when you arrive it gets 4.40€ per night more expensive. Of course when you want to add an extra night they tell you a price 5€ more than the online price. They say they have a kitchen which is a big lie so I think its ridiculous the websites like hostelworld and others cannot force them to say the truth regarding their services and of course to have a final price on line with no hidden charges the moment you arrive.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
29th Aug 2016
7.4

The cheapest hostel in Milan, it is basic in all respects, but the staff is nice, and stuff works, so a good deal for the very frugal traveller.

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
28th Aug 2016
7.1

Everything was just fine. Hope no hidden cost next time. If you saying hostel may not clean enough, I would say everthing comes with a price. Roughly 1.6km from the main metro station, not a big deal to me. However, the wifi is a credit during my stay. Superb fast with good connection.