Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

WORST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN! DONT STAY HERE! - the staff is not welcoming - I tried to get in touch by email with the hostel to change my reservation and they did not answered me - the receptionist charged more than it was agreed - the bathroom was DISGUSTING (very dirt and smelling really bed) - because of the roof is not possible to take a shower standing - the sheets were disgusting - the room has a lot of dirt - there is only one electrical point in a room for 10 people

A sewer is better than this place! It's far away from the centre, the bathroom was dirty, the kitchen was poorly equipped, there were strange guests and even stranger staff. It had a prison atmosphere that I had never felt in any other place. You better get ready for this experience...

When we did the check-in they charge us 87€. The next day we realized that they have charged us much more that it supposed to (in hostel world receipt it says that we only had to pay 61,20€) so we told the manager and he started to jelling at us, insulting us and telling us that what we had paid before it was only for hostel world, so they don't care about how much we had to pay. We also tried to make a complaint about it, because the difference was huge, and they didn't let us.

Nice hostel overall, nothing majorly disappointing. The linen and tax additional price was a bit sneaky and did annoy me though so make sure you work that out before you book. Area was okay though not very central, a 20 minute walk to loreto or lambrate metro and then a metro to get anywhere.

• 6th Mar 2014

This hostel was disgusting, the bathroomso were filthy, beds were very rickety and uncomfortable. Bedding smelt terrible and looked unclean. No locks on the doors. The common room was like stepping into an ashtray, people were smoking in the kitchen, it was foul. Do not stay here.

DO NOT stay here if you have the money! The staffs are rude. The bedrooms are messy. Everybody smokes in the kitchen and they will blow in right in front of your face. I will never stay in this hostel again.

There's no wi-fi in rooms, it's very far from train station, location is not good and no breakfast. the best part was check out.

Considering how cheap the hostel is, it was very good! Everything's clean, the beds are quite okay. it wasn't very easy to find though.

Thanks for everything, we had a nice vacation in Milan. We were very worried because of the comments at hostelworlds.com, but it turned out to be a very nice place.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

It was located hidden between building and the direction is not very clear. The sign is very small.Been wandering around almost 3 hours soaking wet in the rain to find thw hostel. The price is different from the amount stated in remaining balance to pay. Worst stay ever I can say.

The cheapest hostel in Milan!

I never recommend to stay this hostel. The staffs were unfriendly,not helpful. The nearest station wastottaly opposite as it is indicated on the map so I couldn't reach there for 3 hours. It is allowed to smoke in the kitchen which also I did not like as I am non-smoker.

I hope that the hostel will concentrate more on cleaning and also the kitchen should be improved~!

I didn't stayed there

I don't really understand all the terrible reviews this hostel has gotten. I had a great stay here and I feel bad for the staff who have been majorly "dissed" by these reviews, and they were actually really nice and friendly. I booked an all female room which had 2 double beds and 2 bunks beds in. I stayed with another friend in the room and all the other guests were very friendly. For the money we payed, it was great.

• 12th Dec 2013

Staff was a little rude, Kitchen is so small and has just the basics. Toilets where kind if dirty.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The staff were completely rude, my blanket was durty and the bed made noise every move I did. It is in Politecnico area with supermaket close, the only good points. But, considering just these aspects, there are other options much better than it. I do not recomend.

I think, to a place not very accessible, large-scale, in economic matters, this is a fantastic place to stay on a tight budget ... But should not expect the maximum of the atmosphere, as it responds perfectly to the coldness and detachment of the city! Not far from the metro and easy to distinguish if you faithfully follow the signs ... The thing of 4.40 euro more to pay on arrival is true, but also mentioned in the booking conditions of the hostel! Recommended

not as bad as I expected after read previous reviews. dorm room was clean but shower wasn't. it's long bath shower and slippery like never cleaned properly. LACK of electricity point. direction given was incorrect. print map will help. if you tend to wet bed, this is the right place for you. beds come with plastic wrap! oh and no wifi signal in room

i just slept one night, and it was all fine.....