Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

Rooms were dirty, wifi was not working well, the place overall was bad.

Nor recommended!!!

Room was open all the time, no keys, no nothing. It was a 8 bed women dorm but the guy from reception was coming in to show newcomers their bed. The wifi doesn't work in the room. Bathroom was extremely dirty, with hair on the wall and skidmarks in the toilet :(((( Awful really. Exactly what you can expect for a place for 15 euros per night.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Nice place, nice company- a little crowded but fun atmosphere

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Israel

Staff are extremely unhelpful and unaccomodating. Watch out for 'city tax' which is not included in the headline price. The hostel advert says there is a bar which is untrue and the photo on the advert is of the crèche next door. If you want to check out and leave luggage you need to pay extra to leave it past 4 o'clock. DO NOT STAY HERE. TERRIBLE HOSTEL.

• 11th Sep 2014

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL. I've never been so humiliated in my entire life. I still can't believe the way I was treated over there.

• 10th Sep 2014

stuff was angry.I didn't like it.

Awful. Do not choose this hostel. Staffs are bad and rude. I paid money that I do not have to pay. Wi-fi is not working in rooms and the rooms are not clean. Location is not okay. It was awful. Worst hostel I have ever seen.

HostelWorld booking details said the balance due upon arrival was 36 Euros and included all taxes, but when I arrived I was charged 48 euros and told that i was paying more because there was also a city tax. The person at the reception desk was very rude. The mattresses are extremely uncomfortable. The kitchen very poorly equipped. The lockers are all broken, so you cannot lock anything away. I've stayed in a lot of hostels and the atmosphere in this one is the worst. TERRIBLE!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

This place is really good value for money, super cheap and a bed, there is a kitchen too but it's basically just a place to sleep...nothing more. They have plastic sheets on the beds- but that's better than bed bugs. Depends how high your standards are.

There are no locks on the doors at this hostel. Very hard to find and a fair walk from the city Centre. Not clean in the slightest and the shower / bath tub didn't work.

We can't recommend this hostel at all. We had to pay double price when we arrived but he couldn't give us a proper reason because his English was very limited and he was not willing to try to understand us. We stayed in a dorm with no space at all - and I stayed in a lot of dorms so far, but this was the worst. Unfriendly stuff, paying more than we had to, hot room and quite dirty. I would not go there anymore

This hostel was indeed cheap, but the rooms wasn't nice nor clean at all, the receptionnist was impolite and rude. The bathroom was disgusting

It was my second time staying in this hostel, thus I have had no problem with this hostel before. The guy who received me during checked in was kinda nice. And he was very helpful and friendly. HOWEVER, when I checked out in the morning, the short-hair-almost-bold guy was very rude!!!!! I asked my deposit money back, and he pretended know nothing about it. He said no money (seriously????), so I was just standing there for half an hour, until he gave me my €10. Be careful with him!!!!

Decent hostel. The room had more beds than I'd signed on for but it was still fine. Unfortunately anyone could come in the room (asking for a lighert, etc). To get into the hostel, you're just buzzed in which could also be anyone. Cool kitchen upstairs. Very few outlets in the room so if you need a recharge, you do so in the (indoor smoking) common area. Not as close to the train station as you think.

When we booked this hostel via hostelworld the invoice said that we had to pay 9.90€ per bed. When we arrived we got to pay 4.40€ more per person because of two conditions that weren't included in the invoice. We were tricked. On the other hand, the recepcionist was very rude to us and didn't even have the key for the room so we had to sleep with the door opened, unsecured. Anyone could enter in our room! AVOID.

he staff rude and we didnt feel safe. We came to the hostel at 11pm but we had told them this and they said it would be no problem. When we got there we had to wait for half a hour just to see a person in the reception. When he finally came he said they where fully booked. even if we gave him our reservation information. he walked away for a while and gave us a hostel in another part of town. We asked how we should get there but he said nothing. We got there at 4am, our room was booked to 10am

trust mu guys,is really bad....but really bad........they're really bad people...they dnt understand nothing and the small of them is better don't talking about....no clean,no good location,shit stuff,...is cheaper because is really bad..... so,don't go in this place.....they have to change name...from hostel california to hostel awful!

When we arrived we had to pay €2 city tax per person per night. We took our own linnen because it was'nt included, but we had to pay also €2 for that and we get only one sheet. The closeds metro station is 15 minutes by foot and one way costs €1,30. There was also no toilet paper in the bathroom and the staff was a little bit weird.

i have no idea why people value so bad this hostel. i had an amazing time. its really clean, its well located, the staff was really adorable. i would definetly stay there again