Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

The night we spent was awful. They have given us the mixed room even though we wanted be in a female room. They said there any empty beds.We couldn't sleep in peace. I woke up every single hour. The price is okay for milan. But if you gonna stay just one night I would recommend you to go to a disco or smt

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

Their is a tax 5 eu per night that charged for me , I totally paid 16 eu for one night which is much higher then the price shown here. 15 mins walk from nearby metro station an hour walk from center place. Common area is good , if you are smokers, all people smoking around you , i got a free pasta and wine at night .wifi is good . Bring you own lock for storage , never sleep in upper bed as you have to climb up like a spiderman.

They show one price on the site, but it's more expensive than that. They just add taxes and we have to pay. About the staff, I can say it is the worst staff i have ever seen. They treat you bad and pretend the hostel problems are not with then to solve.

First they showed a room which was so stinking and they they showed a room with 12 people and there was one guy shouting at night and treated us to get out and sleep or else he will kill us.. And when we went to complain there was no one at the reception so we had to leave the place 2:30 in the morning.... Worst I will ever go there... And when we booked they said it was only 7 euros per night and after reaching there they charged us 4 euros extra and they said it is for tax and blankets

had an realy bad and so strange experience in Hotel CALIFORNIA realy funny history but i have to share it here anyway . i bought online in worldhostel for 2 nights it was 28 december to 30 december , after my booking was confirmed the next i called at the Hostel CALIFORNIA to be sure my place is reserved in the 28 december i was speaking Italian with the receptionist by phone he answer me yes yes we saw your name the booking has been ok .then the same evening i arrived at the

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Mauritania

basic facilities, crowded rooms with toilet that is a bit dirty... but it is quite cheap so it is kind of expected. common room and kitchen closes at night

They cancelled my booking as they were over booked but in first place why they took booking. I couldn't understand.

Not bad. But there is only one bathroom in 12 girls room. I had to wait to wash. Whenever I open the door, it makes noise. Here is close to Simply, the supermarket with cheap price. Since here is cheap and if you are students or are in tight budget, I would recommend here.

The staff was so friendly! Really made us feel at home.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Smoking was allowed indoors, in the kitchen/dining area, which was rather annoying. The shower was also not very good, with a dribble of water (though at least it was hot).

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Very cheap but needs work. Toilets frequently without paper and the bathroom floors get too dirty too soon for the cleaners. Keeping a mop in each bathroom might be appreciated. Hostel is secured by 24 staffing but the 14 bed dorm has no lock. Common room and kitchen area is ok, the bench seats squeak horribly and the staff are often found smoking in the common room with the windows closed. Don't charge extra for the sheets if you won't let people bring their own.

Welcome to the hostel California Such an awful place, such an awful place Never go to the hostel California Such a lonely place, such a lonely place

I made reservation, and after 1 week they sent me email telling me that thet don't have free bed, I paid a deposit, till now they haven't my deposit recharged, really strange!

According to all the reviews i expected the worst but the hostel was quite good, nice location, cheap. But it was quite cold at night. But If you need a cheap place to sleep it is not bad.

One of the rudes and most petulant stuck up a&£holes of the world works behind the counter, the man with greasy black hair and a general air of snobbishness. on the first night having accidentally booked the wrong date, and asked if there was any way it could change it to today? No chance he said, now can you leave. I said what do you expect me to do sleep on the streets? It was 1 and he said yes, so I duley had too. My friend at the hostel was overcharged massively (18 for a 6 Euroroom) more

Staff was very nice. I don't know why all the bad reviews.... I stayed in a very big room. Only one bathroom for 14 beds. It is very hard to take a shower because of the rooftop, but is possible ( big minus). I stayed there when it was cold outside and it was very good. But if you go during the summer, i would not recommend. No kitchen...

Far from city center so additional costs for metro. There was no toilet paper when we came plus it was really cold inside the bedroom (no heater). We were asked to leave the building at 4 pm (checkout day) and we're not allowed to wait in the common room for our 8pm train. Other hostels allow people to wait in their common rooms.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

The staff was very friendly, there was just no space in the rooms.

• 13th Nov 2015

I didnt stay at the hotel. Because they gave my booking to another person. I went to the hostel and they told me im sorry but we dont have available post. They told me to refund the amount but i havent received yet. This is what hapend

When I made the reservation it said that the price included all taxes (ALL TAXES) but when I got there I had to pay more 4 euros of taxes and bed sheets, BED SHEETS! !!! Wich is obligatory. So thats the thing that made me angry, I was expecting one price and they double it. Its a rip off, if I had known earlier the final price I would've choosed a hostel near San Siro and not Califórnia.

• 9th Nov 2015