Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

The staff were amazing. They were friendly and even cooked me dinner twice. I am glad I stayed here. Thsnks you.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Rooms were dirty, wifi was not working well, the place overall was bad.

Nor recommended!!!

Room was open all the time, no keys, no nothing. It was a 8 bed women dorm but the guy from reception was coming in to show newcomers their bed. The wifi doesn't work in the room. Bathroom was extremely dirty, with hair on the wall and skidmarks in the toilet :(((( Awful really. Exactly what you can expect for a place for 15 euros per night.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Nice place, nice company- a little crowded but fun atmosphere

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Israel

Staff are extremely unhelpful and unaccomodating. Watch out for 'city tax' which is not included in the headline price. The hostel advert says there is a bar which is untrue and the photo on the advert is of the crèche next door. If you want to check out and leave luggage you need to pay extra to leave it past 4 o'clock. DO NOT STAY HERE. TERRIBLE HOSTEL.

• 11th Sep 2014

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL. I've never been so humiliated in my entire life. I still can't believe the way I was treated over there.

• 10th Sep 2014

stuff was angry.I didn't like it.

Awful. Do not choose this hostel. Staffs are bad and rude. I paid money that I do not have to pay. Wi-fi is not working in rooms and the rooms are not clean. Location is not okay. It was awful. Worst hostel I have ever seen.

HostelWorld booking details said the balance due upon arrival was 36 Euros and included all taxes, but when I arrived I was charged 48 euros and told that i was paying more because there was also a city tax. The person at the reception desk was very rude. The mattresses are extremely uncomfortable. The kitchen very poorly equipped. The lockers are all broken, so you cannot lock anything away. I've stayed in a lot of hostels and the atmosphere in this one is the worst. TERRIBLE!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

This place is really good value for money, super cheap and a bed, there is a kitchen too but it's basically just a place to sleep...nothing more. They have plastic sheets on the beds- but that's better than bed bugs. Depends how high your standards are.

There are no locks on the doors at this hostel. Very hard to find and a fair walk from the city Centre. Not clean in the slightest and the shower / bath tub didn't work.

We can't recommend this hostel at all. We had to pay double price when we arrived but he couldn't give us a proper reason because his English was very limited and he was not willing to try to understand us. We stayed in a dorm with no space at all - and I stayed in a lot of dorms so far, but this was the worst. Unfriendly stuff, paying more than we had to, hot room and quite dirty. I would not go there anymore

This hostel was indeed cheap, but the rooms wasn't nice nor clean at all, the receptionnist was impolite and rude. The bathroom was disgusting