Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

The lockers to keep your stuff only for tiny locks, not regular sized.

• 31st Jul 2015

there is no microwave oven... on evenings sometimes guyz who working there cooks free pasta for guests, its very cool )

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Russia

in the description it says that to go to Central Station in 15 minutes. in reality - 40 minutes))) the staff are very friendly

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

I do not recommend it. They didn't follow the conditions of my reservation. In the end they diverted me and my friend in an other place. Non consigliabile.

• 26th Jul 2015

The staff could've been open. They treated it like a formal place with employee behaviour. Not recommended for backpackers!

costs 5 more euros per night as told. 2.40 for linen and 2 for city tax

We didn't expect much but were very disappointed. When we arrived it lasted ~5 minutes to open the door for us, we even thought nobody was there. We booked a room for 5 people and got a 12 people room at capacity occupancy, only substantiated by "it's a hostel, you have to share rooms". For the same price, btw. We were allocated beds but when we returned from the city later some of them were already taken. It was unbelievable hot, none of us slept much. Worst trip experience,luckily only 1night!

Its cheap, alright but the location of this hostel is really far from the center. Common room is closing at 11pm which is really inconvenient. Kitchen is way too small for the amount of people inside the hostel. The staff boys were probably the worst i've seen in my eurotrip (12hostels at least). It is really really hot inside the rooms, only 1 fan for 14 peeps.. please god.!! IF I WAS YOU, CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE!

the room for 8 is in the attic and in summer it gets really REALLY warm, it has only two fans for the whole room

• 21st Jul 2015

Only 1 night ... not too much to say but it was nice btw

I paid more than expected when I booked with Hostelworld and the place was just ok for sleeping, nothing more.

The hostel was okay for a temporary stay. It had no air con only a fan in the rroom the bathroom very clean. The common room was In the attic so was very hot and people smoked in there. Staff were friendly and helpful with directions etc however

Hot and dirty. The bathroom was gross and didnt seem like it was ever cleaned. The shower drain was partially clogged and the fan in the bedroom did little to alleviate the heat of the bedroom. It was cooler outside, than in our dorm at night. One of the fans would only work if you had the light turned on. Utterly useless at night.

I was expecting to be a really bad hostel for the reviews I read but was way better than I expected. Only the staff that is not really friendly and friendly. Other down side (if you are not a smoker) there is always people smoking on the kitchen including the staff.

Staff is rude! One of guys was really not helpful and still shouting at me. My food left at fridge was eaten by this guy ! I think they left the note that they don't take responsibility for the things lost to justify the fact they steal someone's food. Bathrooms in rooms are really dirty and stinking. I was asked to leave the bathroom on even though nobody waited to come in. When checking out I was told to GET OUT NOW, when I just wanted to take my food back from kitchen. NOT RECOMMENDED!

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Poland

VERY UNFRIENDLY STUFF, VERY EXPENSIVE (THEY AD ONE PRICE AND AFTER THEY CHARGE EXTRAS FOR LINENS, CITY TAXES, ETC) THEY DON T EVEN ISSUE YOU ANY KIND OF RECEIPT EVEN IF I ASKED FOR IT SEVERAL TIMES. THEY EVEN TOLD ME IN MY FACE I AM "NUTS" BECAUSE I REQUESTED A RECEIPT AND ASKED TO SEE THE ROOM BEFORE CHEK IN. VERY POOR EXPERIENCE, TRY SOME OTHER PLACE, YOU WILL SPEND THE SAME AND BE TREATED BETTER. WILL NEVER RETURN. GOODBYE FOR EVER.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Argentina

When we arrived after a long walk from the station with our luggage, we were told that there was a system error and that they had no rooms for us, and that they were too busy to call and notify us beforehand. They then sent us to another 'hotel' which was a 30 minute bus ride away, with no attempts to compensate us for the inconvenience - not even an apology. When we arrived at the 'hotel', we found the reception staff unfriendly and unhelpful when we tried to ask to see the room before paying.

• 27th Jun 2015

Pros Near a big supermarket Each bunk had a fan (quite noisy however) Satisfactory kitchen and good common area 24 hour or reception (no early check in) Lockers for luggage (requires a padlock) Cons Beware of extra changes: city tax and sheets not included (€5 extra per person per night) Long and busy walk from central station (30 minutes) One ensuite bathroom for a room of 14

Rude staff, almost 2 hour wait after presumed check in and dirty rooms. A place to sleep, ok WiFi and nothing more

Definitely not as awful as some of the reviews make it sound. Far from center town, but close to university/bar area and major metro station, so not bad. Good Wi-Fi, outlet next to each bed, beds reasonably clean, but only three toilets/showers for the whole hostel. Free pasta and wine on Saturday night, but the kitchen is constantly full of secondhand smoke. They do tack on an additional 4 euro/night for linen and city tax charges, but that seems to be normal for France and Italy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3