5.3
Rating 1,343 Total Reviews
5.3
Rating 1,343 Total Reviews
Hostel California Located at Via Lambrate,18, , Milan.
Italy

• wanderlust123
  • England, Male, 18-24
14th May 2016
2.0

I booked this hostel & in the early hours of the day I was due to arrive, I received an email informing me that due to lack of availability my reservation had been cancelled. I tried to rebook on hostelworld & saw that there was availability but at a higher price. It may be a minor thing to some but when you're travelling and have everything planned, it's a bit of a bombshell to drop on someone. It meant I had to spend more finding a last minute room, not to mention the frustration in doing so.

• Iceland, Male, 25-30
11th May 2016
2.0

I have just make booking with this hotel and called them about our late arrival, and the person mistakenly pronounced my name Osama(the terrorist) and he said we have problem please don't come here we will cancel the booking. He never even cancel the booking, if you have Muslim name please don't book,

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th May 2016
5.1

In the description it says that bed linen is not included. This means that you must pay extra for linen. Note that you should not bring your own because you will still need to pay for the linen as it is already on the beds.

4th May 2016
5.7

Late arrival and early departure Roughly 25 min walk to the central train station. When walking there late at night you may encounter people "working the street" The beds are built minimal, if the person on the top bunk changed sides the entire bed would sway a bit (once asleep I had no problems) No AC and top floor = hot Lockers had leftover items from past travelers and were not emptied The dorm did not have a lock on the door although to get in the building you needed to be buzzed in

• England, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016
5.4

The place was adequate for the price. Unfortunately I didn't like the fact that the doors couldn't be locked in our all girl dorm. And I thought the staff were verging on rude.

1st May 2016
2.0

Its the very very bad hostel dont go there the tell lied the will charge you for a tab water also and the take 3€ for leaning and 2€ city tax and no cooperation no help and a very bad behaviour and the room and bad every thing was very dirty i personally recommended you not to go to this host to save money its no save money and its very very bad it will just going to exploit your that day

30th Apr 2016
4.3

There were no common areas. The staff was extremely rude. I got yelled at for talking on the phone. There is only one shower to share with a whole room full of people. The only good thing was the wifi.

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2016
6.0

+ The lockers were large (bring a padlock with you) + 24 hour access/ no curfew + Supermarket at the end of the road + Had plug sockets next to my bed + Communal area, the hostel sells beer for €2.50 and you can bring your own food to eat there - Mattresses not very comfy - Bathrooms fairly dirty - Some of the staff were a bit rude - Dorms have ensuite bathrooms, 1x shower for 12 people means sometimes a long wait & noisy Unless you have quite high standards, it's fine to stay here

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2016
6.3

We lived in the dorm room and, well...it's a dorm room with several bunk beds. When we checked in, it was really late, and everyone else in the room was asleep, so we had to be extra quiet. Lockers in the room, just right for a big backpack but not enough for a luggage. Staff was super nice, I left my wallet there and they helped me with retrieving the wallet.

2nd Apr 2016
5.7

Very hard to find, especially at night- I walked right past the small "California" sign several times in the dark. Take note that it's not as inexpensive as you think, after having to pay separately for linens and the city tax. It was fine for what I needed it for - arrived late by plane and left early the next morning by bus.