Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

After booking. they sent me an email that they don't have a vacancy and asked for my bank account but they never returned the deposit.

• 25th Oct 2015

Really expansive for what it's worth !

• 23rd Oct 2015

Not much friendly arabic guys on reception; I must paid 10 euros more,than they informed me thru email; nobody check who is coming into rooms; cleaner service steal my nivea creme and old spice from bag(???)...

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic

One of the worse hostels i've ever been to. Unfriendly staff, dirty toilets, old rooms and not a hostel vibe.

Terrible hostel, the worst I have ever seen. At the arrival they charted me extra 3 euros, for "special taxes". The room for 15 persons shares one bathroom with one WC, which was not even possible to lock from inside. Terrible nightmare, never go there!!!

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic

badest hostel in Milano

• 18th Oct 2015

Paid 60€ for one night in a 12 bed female dorm. One not clean bathroom. the receptionist guy entered our room anytime a new girl arrived. wifi working only at reception.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Slovakia

1) Wi-Fi does not work during my whole stay in the hostel 2) Cannot sit upright at lower bunk 3) Doors of rooms are not locked, the only security is the door at the hostel and the door at the building complex 4) No trap fitted to the sink drain caused repulsive odor in bathroom 5) Shower screen is fitted on old railing on top only, thus noisy and unstable 6) No toilet paper holder 7) Insufficient ventilation / shelving / towel rail / hook in bathroom 8) Shower Head water flow like as a faucet

Get what you pay for. Average stay. Security was lacking, staff weren't very helpful or enthusiastic, bathroom was mouldy and smelly and the shower was absolutely awful but for the price that was all somewhat expected and for a couple of nights its fine.

Will never go again

The staff was very displeased to see us when we arrived at 1 am, due to our delayed flight. The front desk clerk from then on had a poor attitude with us. We were not oferred a map or any suggestions of things to do in Milan. We had to switch rooms halfway through our stay, luckily we didn't have to pay extra. There are only 4 restrooms in the hostel of which were unclean and without toilet paper much of the time. It was definitely not worth the price.

The experience for this hostel was worst till now in my life. Please dont even book this hostel for single day. Here's what happened to me: I reached the hostel california after a very long travelling time . On reaching the guy told that i have no room left for you. SO the condition was i had the confirmation and still they have no rooms. Then he told me to shift to another hostel with similar facilites. It took 3 LONG hours to reach the new alternative hostel provided by hostel california.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • India

Hostel is extremely dirty. The people who run the hostel are not helpful at all. It is very over priced, not worth what you pay. It is completely out of the way. Do NOT stay here. It is not worth it.

• 9th Oct 2015

Hi, I stayed there with some friends for 3 nights. We have booked beds in an 13-bed dorm. The second and third night we had to switch to a 16-bed dorm. When we asked the staff on a discount for the stay the one guy who was there in the evening he said we have to ask the guy that is there in the morning. When we asked him he said we have to ask the other one. They they ask you when you leave and then they tell you that the manager will be there right one hour after your departure.

Worst hostel ever Don't go

an alright place. booked it last minute. definitely not the best for the money spent. little security. only good thing about this place is the relative good location.

Dirty, unfrendly. Really not place to stay!!!

• 2nd Oct 2015

This hostel os rubbish. One of the worst i ever been to (and I stayed in plenty even in less developed country) 40euro for a bed in 24 bed dorms ! Really ! Staff not even friendly, they know the demand is higher than the offer in Milan so they don't care about the service they propose. Sharing area closing at 11pm. Smoking is allowed in the shared area which is very annoying for a non smoker. Don't go there !

Verschrikkelijk !

Hostel overbooked our room so we had to stay in a large dorm after paying for a four-bed room. We were moved three times in four nights without explanation & had to ask repeatedly for towel & key deposits back. Staff were incredibly rude, belligerent & unhelpful - we asked for the manager three times & got three different names, to then be told no one by that name worked there. Hostelworld were no help either. Dodgy area with prostitutes close to hostel & 15/20-min walk from nearest metro.

• 1st Oct 2015