Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

I was only in the hostel one night. Hot shower and comfy bed is all I care about! Staff was nice. Internet wasn't the greatest in the room. Had a bunch of Italian men wake us up at 4 am. Wasn't the happiest about that as I had to get up at 7am.

Not a bad hostel. Kitchen was fine. Room was fine. Had to share a double bed with my friends in a dorm. Perhaps it would have been good to know in advance. The shower and bathroom weren't the best, but I've had worse. 10 min walk to the metro.

Friendly staff was preparing pasta for free.

• 19th Apr 2015

The staff lied for me, send me for another hostel( far, dirty and dangerous) and it cost me double the actual price

• 13th Apr 2015

They need to clean rooms and showers more often.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

I went yesterday to the hostel and they told me they were overbooked , they had no place for me and they sent me to another hostel I was lucky , that the ot hostel hat some free spaces, otherwise I would had slept in the street. One day before , I had sent them an email saying that I woukd arrive at 7 p.m. They did not even reply , or ttell me that I shoud go to the other hostel. The same thing had happened with the SAME CALIFORNIA HOSTEL 3 years ago.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Tunisia

Staff bad mood. Toilet incredible dirty. Bunk beds with no steps to second bed. During the night they added a bed in the bedroom and to get space, the staffs moved a bunk bed with people sleeping on those beds. Competently not respected the guest.

13 bed dorm turned out to be 15 bed dorm as the workers crammed more beds in already crammed room to house more people. One bed was put right next to mine and it was also blocking the entrance to the room... The bathroom was cleaned only once during our stay. No toilet paper provided by hostel. There're additional obligatory fees they'll charge you: tourist tax 2€ / night and bed linen 2,5€ / night. Some of the beds were falling apart. The kitchen facilities are very poor. Don't go.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Finland

This hotel is pretty far away from the center and the nearest metro station is also 10 mins walking! The staff is nice, basically, but you are forced to pay for the 3 euros sheets. I took my sleeping bag, but they still charge me that amount, it's really tricky. In addition, the room had too many people and totally chaotic. Really not a recommendation for this place.

Worth it to pay more for a different hostel. My friend and I chose this one because the prices for other ones in Milan were steep, but the staff here certainly put a damper on the trip. Usually we get along with people, but the management was rude and aggressive from the very start and actually cursed at my friend towards the end of our stay. They added fees for linens and refused to give back the full deposit for a towel. I normally wouldn't mind the grimy facilities, but I'd avoid this place.

The management here is irrefutably corrupt and unrepentantly rude. Hidden fees everywhere, they scolded me when I requested for toilet paper and capitalized on every opportunity to extract money and demean their residents. Location is out of the way and not in the least charming; common rooms in hostel shut down at 10, and there are no alternative places to socialize. Luckily my friend and I made amazing friends in Milan, but hostel california was awful and full of complete douches.

They ask money for everything, towels, blanket, luggage room and if you get early to the hostel, before check in, you have to wait and the don´t give you wifi password untill check-in.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is quite a long way from the main train station and even farther from the city centre and in a rather sketchy-looking neighbourhood. However, the hostel itself felt very safe and the staff were friendly and at the desk 24/7.

The internet access is very slow and sometimes I cant access to the internet. There is no ladder to climb the high bed.

The staff were amazing. They were friendly and even cooked me dinner twice. I am glad I stayed here. Thsnks you.

• 8th Jan 2015