Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

WORST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN! DONT STAY HERE! - the staff is not welcoming - I tried to get in touch by email with the hostel to change my reservation and they did not answered me - the receptionist charged more than it was agreed - the bathroom was DISGUSTING (very dirt and smelling really bed) - because of the roof is not possible to take a shower standing - the sheets were disgusting - the room has a lot of dirt - there is only one electrical point in a room for 10 people

A sewer is better than this place! It's far away from the centre, the bathroom was dirty, the kitchen was poorly equipped, there were strange guests and even stranger staff. It had a prison atmosphere that I had never felt in any other place. You better get ready for this experience...

When we did the check-in they charge us 87€. The next day we realized that they have charged us much more that it supposed to (in hostel world receipt it says that we only had to pay 61,20€) so we told the manager and he started to jelling at us, insulting us and telling us that what we had paid before it was only for hostel world, so they don't care about how much we had to pay. We also tried to make a complaint about it, because the difference was huge, and they didn't let us.

Nice hostel overall, nothing majorly disappointing. The linen and tax additional price was a bit sneaky and did annoy me though so make sure you work that out before you book. Area was okay though not very central, a 20 minute walk to loreto or lambrate metro and then a metro to get anywhere.

This hostel was disgusting, the bathroomso were filthy, beds were very rickety and uncomfortable. Bedding smelt terrible and looked unclean. No locks on the doors. The common room was like stepping into an ashtray, people were smoking in the kitchen, it was foul. Do not stay here.

DO NOT stay here if you have the money! The staffs are rude. The bedrooms are messy. Everybody smokes in the kitchen and they will blow in right in front of your face. I will never stay in this hostel again.

1 2 Next » last »