Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

This hotel is pretty far away from the center and the nearest metro station is also 10 mins walking! The staff is nice, basically, but you are forced to pay for the 3 euros sheets. I took my sleeping bag, but they still charge me that amount, it's really tricky. In addition, the room had too many people and totally chaotic. Really not a recommendation for this place.

Worth it to pay more for a different hostel. My friend and I chose this one because the prices for other ones in Milan were steep, but the staff here certainly put a damper on the trip. Usually we get along with people, but the management was rude and aggressive from the very start and actually cursed at my friend towards the end of our stay. They added fees for linens and refused to give back the full deposit for a towel. I normally wouldn't mind the grimy facilities, but I'd avoid this place.

The management here is irrefutably corrupt and unrepentantly rude. Hidden fees everywhere, they scolded me when I requested for toilet paper and capitalized on every opportunity to extract money and demean their residents. Location is out of the way and not in the least charming; common rooms in hostel shut down at 10, and there are no alternative places to socialize. Luckily my friend and I made amazing friends in Milan, but hostel california was awful and full of complete douches.

They ask money for everything, towels, blanket, luggage room and if you get early to the hostel, before check in, you have to wait and the don´t give you wifi password untill check-in.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is quite a long way from the main train station and even farther from the city centre and in a rather sketchy-looking neighbourhood. However, the hostel itself felt very safe and the staff were friendly and at the desk 24/7.

The internet access is very slow and sometimes I cant access to the internet. There is no ladder to climb the high bed.

1 2 3 Next » last »