Hostel California Reviews

Via Lambrate,18, Milan, Italy

Everyone extremely helpful especially John - would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Milan

• 11th Sep 2015

THIS HOSTEL DID NOT HAD CORRECT ROOM .... THAT WE REQUIRED... BUT GAVE US SUPPORT TO FOUND OTHER HOSTEL - (AMBRAS ) FOR US TO STAY

I only had a few days in Milan and I was pretty low on money, so I chose this hostel. I wasn't expecting much, so it was fine. One room with cramped ceilings and one bathroom for more than 20 people with a door that doesn't lock. All the travelers managed but it was a little strange with such limited facilities. One night the electricity shorted out, another traveler tried plugging in his phone and the power went out again. A staff member irritated that we shorted it told us not to use the plug.

Great hostel very close to the centre of Skopje,

Reading the past reviews about this hostel made nervous apon approach. I thought it was gonna be similar set up to aushwitz, but actually turned out to be decent hostel. It's years away from everything and gypsies are everywhere, but it's got a bed and a dunny. Cheers for the stay lads.

• 8th Sep 2015

The ceiling for the shower was so low I had to crouch, showering like this was awful. Though there was no evidence of dirt the hostel made me feel as if it was dirty. There were NO lockers, only a luggage room where you can lock your bag away with other peoples bags (with a key from the front desk). Anyone could have stolen my stuff. The location sucks, it's in a shady area

it was much better than we are expected..

This hostel was in the middle of nowhere! It takes around an hour and a half of solid walking to reach the centre of town. The toilet seat in our room wasn't connected to the actual toilet and I'm not even going to lie when I say I slipped off the toilet. The doors don't have locks but a locker is available. A bit dodgy..... Staff were quite rude be nothing new in a hostel. My friend and I are pretty stingy people but even for us it was average.

WORST HOSTEL! I do not recommend staying here! The staff were incredibly rude and were not helpful at all. Also, the rooms were horrendous; our room was in the attic - which was clearly not supposed to be a room! It had 14 beds, no air con, no shower, or toilet seat.

bad communication, i cancelled my reservation but they charged me the 2 nights without any notice, really dissapointing.

Yet always with me at any hostel were trying to somehow speak (at least partly). Here not. This started to change (relatively, not to much!) the third day. Most toilets and bathroom could not be closed, so that the man could not wash "privately", or perform physical needs. On the bunk bed dorm was necessary to climb (sometimes almost "artistically"); totally, completely I lacked ladders.

Lovely staff, location ideal for sightseeing in Pisa or neighbouring towns very good value for money.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Due to EXPO booking cancellation was not allowed from june to october 2015, this was a bit problematic because it was not clearly mentioned at the outset, its detail were provided only after booking. Apart from this hiccup the rest was ok

In such a bad hostel I've never been. In addition, the city of Milan (supposedly) requires a fee of 4 euros per night. But price per 1 place in room (f. i.) from Friday to Saturday (in a bedroom for 14-18 persons) amounts the same, what I normally pay in central London, Paris, Dublin or Edinburg for a twin room. Staff wasn´t able to tell me (mainly at first day) almost no information. The existence of the kitchen I discovered to 3rd day (I had to use the system of trial and error).

Apprehended the hostel due to negative reviews on the website & Google, staying there was actually very nice: one of the cheapest prices, near many conveniences (subway stations, railwaystation, stores...). I came in september and the staff was welcoming and helpful. In fact, there were some extra fares due to tourism taxes, they are common in Italy and didn't appear on the hostelworld bill. (about 4€ per person per night)

• 31st Aug 2015

the guy at the reception was rude. The bed was very old. There was no light in the bathroom nor toilet paper. The place was dirty and it was overall an experience I wish nobody has to go through.

ReadHERE! dont get fooled by comments. This hostel is too much underrated. I will be honest with you all. Firstly don't hesitate to stay here. The bearded young guy in the reception gave the attention we needed. and he was very friendly. The 14 bed dorm was actually 16 bed but who cares. I stayed there with my girlfriend and did not felt like we were in a dorm room because there were big gaps between the beds. Kitchen was great but closed at 11 pm. Use the bathroom in front of reception;)

they need new staff urgently!!!!! so rude, they can make more money if they are friendly

it's hard to find because there is not the big sign or billboards. i was tired, i spend 3 hours to find that.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Indonesia

Only stayed here for a night, a last minute (cheap) decision as we couldn't get a train until the following morning. While not the best of hostels, you definitely get what you pay for. The mattresses are covered in plastic so you are sleeping in a sheet and the toilets lack toilet seats. The location is easy to get to, a bus from outside the central station.

• 23rd Aug 2015