Hostel Campo Grande Reviews

Rua Joaquin Nabuco 185, Campo Grande, Brazil

Very friendly and helpful staff...free Wi-fi and treated water

We only booked it as a staging post for a trip to the pantanal. We were able to book this with the guy at 10 pm when we arrived, he was a bit of a salesman, but we booked what we wanted for a reasonable price and had a good tour and good info regarding onward travel to bonito and Bolivia. We were here during the world cup and there was a BBQ with the match which had a good atmosphere. breakfast was average, bathroom could do with an update.

No water pressure, the manager is a scam artist, and the area is not safe

No water pressure, unsafe area and the staff will scam on tours available. Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. If you can find a better spot i suggest doing so.

BED BUGS!! stayed here 1 night & woke up to a bed infested with hundreds of bed bugs, no exaggeration the size of watermelon seeds, we pulled back the sheets to discover blood stained mattresses they have known about this for a while. We changed rooms and there was 2 bed bugs then were given another after they checked a few rooms & were saitisfied but we could not sleep. We had to approach management they offered no compensation we had to demand and were lied to on several occassions. Not Happy

Good hostel and good trip Organisation. There are other Reviews telling that the tours offered with Hostel Campo Grande would not be good but I may object to that. The tour was okay (not great, but not poor as well). And tours to the Pantanal always depend on the guide and the people that are on the tour. In our case, our guide was very nice (Nico), but some people of our group were unprepared (no Repellent, WTF) which f*ed off our guide and us as well. Organisation and accom. were good, though.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Only spent a few hours here, as I arrived late, and arranged a Pantanal trip the next morning, but everything seemed perfect. I was very grateful to the friendly man on reception who was happy to sell me beers when I arrived at 2.00 in the morning ! I had a private room for the same cost as a dorm, making it very good value.

Don't stay in this "hostel" (its really a hotel from the stone ages and lost its HI membership). It may seem ok from a distance, I.e. good breakfast and pool, but my room was horrid. It was hot inside, there was no toilet paper, the tap in my bathroom didn't work (and nothing was done about it), and I suspect there were flees or bed bugs, because I had them jumping all over me after I left! The hotel is in a bad area and their tours have a bad rep in Campo Grande.

We booked as a package to the pantanal!its not worth staying here unless u are going on a tour. If u book the tour u get a free nights stay at the hostel and a free nights stay at bonito which that hostel is one of the best we have stayed in. Bed was really hard, toilet had a hole above it and would drip on ur back if u sat down on the toilet. The sink tap would leak and there was no glass on the bathroom window so mosquitos could get in!breakfast was average.

Dodgy area right next to the OLD bus station, which is now a shady den of who knows what. Theres a dodgy hotel next door with prostitutes coming out often, so maybe a brothel. Also heard bad reviews of ecological tours. We went with pantanal discovery (through Gil, recommended by our lonely planet and who operates from nacional hotel around the corner). The tour is more expensive but it seems to be a lot better though not been on ecological so cant confirm for sure.

We stayed here a couple of nights between our Pantanal/Bonito tours and going to and from Rio. It was relatively quiet and the room was clean - the shower was slightly cold but it was nice to have running water after the Pantanal! Staff were lovely and really helpful in arranging the Pantanal tour, giving us a discount because we weren't doing as many of the activities and helped put us in contact with everyone to sort our time in Bonito. The tour was AMAZING! Would definitely recommend :)

Private room is good, Breadfast is ok but the kichen is bad, even no spoons and knives. They ofter 400R(Dorm) for 2nights 3 days tour plus 1 night free stay in the hostel but without the transport fee back to Campo Grande. a bit expensive than Santa Clara(350R campsite) but the location in Pantanal is much more futher( means longer time sitting in truck). Food is tasty but dorm is messy, the guide has good eyes finding animals but doesn`t like to speak. In total, not bad but can be better.

Place is ok, definatly not as bad as some of the other reviews suggest. More of a hotel than a hostel, but didnt mind that. Breakfast was good, and the staff were very helpful, especially Rodrigo

please do not go to this hostel! cockroaches, bed bucks, unsafe electricity, unfriendly staff! that was seriously the worst hostel we have ever been to!!!

This hostel is ok, cant say its awesome. They have good breakfast, a pool and the bedrooms are ok.

The hostel itself is pretty nice and seems a Hotel because of the number of rooms and floors. The common area is also pretty nice although they don't have any kind of games for the kind of "lazy" traveler. The best thing is the value that actually makes part with the fact that you pay the same amount for a dorm or a private single room with shower. I did like the experience there even though the computers had virus at the time I visited.

The bathroom was dirty and the shower wet the entire bathroom. The location of the hostel doesn't seems safe. One lamp of my room wasn't working, but they moved us to another room. Very old hostel with problems with eletricity.

This is a very good hostel, the bedrooms are very acceptable. The bathroom was the problem... There was a leak in the sink and once in my stay, the shower wasn't warm enougth. The hostel is very pleasant, but it is a place for young people, families should not stay there.

Very old hostel, with problem with the electricity, in our first room, the light doesn´t work, and in the second one all switch off lonely.

they forgot we´ve made a reservation with them (after confriming face to face) so basically they put us everyone mixed together and charged us exactly the same the cold water faucet was missing in the shower, and I thought there was NO hot water, but there was! I discovered I have to cleanse myself only with boling water, very nice also very nice to see drunk people with no clothes laying in the sofas of the common areas Terrible hostel, don´t go there

• 16th Nov 2012