Hostel Caracol

Fabulous 197 Total Reviews
Fabulous 197 Total Reviews

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
4th Aug 2017

Really nice place that respresents the traditional part of the city, it was really well maintained and walking distance from the central plaza in the white city and restaurants. I recommend it.

3rd Aug 2017
7.4

I wanted to like this hostel because the rooms are nice enough, the sitting around is good, and the coffee shop at the front makes a really nice vibe. But there is no breakfast, no coffee or tea (except at shop $$), and the beds are SO uncomfortable. I can't stress that enough. My two bunkmates and I kept each other all night tossing and turning, because the beds are so creaky and loud. I would not stay here again - economically (no breakfast) and because of the beds.

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
31st Jul 2017
5.4

Environment is too noisy due to the courtyard for socialising being next to the bedrooms. My booking was for a double bed and they could only give us a twin room with bathroom, not sure the advertised room even exists! The cafe and staff start up early around 6:30am!!! Room was clean and location is okay, hot water is intermittent If you don't mind noise it's okay otherwise find somewhere else

11th Jul 2017
8.0

Comfortably place to stay a few days in Popayan. On-site coffee shop is nice, and the whole place is well kept.

8th Jul 2017

I enjoyed my stay at Hostel Caracol. It's in a nice area, just a couple blocks from the Centro Histórico. The hostel itself is quiet and relaxed and the staff are friendly and were all willing to answer my questions and suggest activities in the area. My only complaint is the showers--there is no way to control the temperature, so sometimes the water is cold, sometimes it's comfortable, but once it came out scalding hot. I hope they can resolve this issue because it really is a nice hostel.

18th Jun 2017
6.6

Ok Hostal. No free coffee, which is a first I've come to. The staff didn't speak English, which isn't a huge deal but again first place I came to where this was the case. Location is OK, but speaking to people from other hostals it definitely wasn't the best for location. Wouldn't stay here again.

24th May 2017
7.7

The hostel is located inside a ca´fé, which served excellent cappuccino. I had a single room. The room smelled a bit mildew-y, and I don't think it was properly cleaned before I arrived; I found a leftover sock on the floor. The bathrooms were clean and showers were decent. Wifi was good, and there were areas to hang out with other people or work. The location was excellent, smack in the middle of town, but not in any noisy areas. Kitchen was well-equipped.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017

A charming and highly functional hostel. Great kitchen, awesome showers, and a bonus coffee shop that served wonderful espressos. We were provided with a wealth of information about tours, events, and restaurants in the area as well as being given a comprehensive map that was super easy to understand. We took the free city walking tour which was interesting and led by two really friendly and knowledgeable girls. Such a great stay here.

• England, Couple, 31-40
12th May 2017

Very chill hostel in a pretty charming town. Stopped off here for a couple of nights heading north. Not much to do in the town itself but it's very pleasant in the old town. Great middle eastern restaurant 2 minutes away too.

1st May 2017

The hostel is really nice if you are looking for a little break on your trip.