Hostel Caracol Reviews

Calle 4 Number. 2-21, Centro Historico, Popayan, Colombia

I stayed here for a couple of nights and loved my stay. The hostel is in a beautiful old colonial building and was spotless; the chilled atmosphere was just what I needed after months on the road. I had one of the private rooms which was lovely and cosy. The shared bathrooms were clean with hot showers. Brilliant location too. I thoroughly recommend, particularly if you want somewhere to relax and charge the batteries.

• 21st Jan 2016

Not a world class hostel but perhaps the best in Popayan. Maybe a hotel next time? Pinemma Cafe is great. We stayed in private room, shared bathroom. Bed mattress and pillows did not allow good night sleep. Bathrooms small and not clean.

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Nice hostel, clean and comfortable, not very social, very chilled, nice place to stop in between places. Good cafe at the front of the hostel. No complaints here

Nice, quiet hostel on the edge of the historic centre. Organises tours for you. Has a lovely coffee shop on site with good coffees and cakes. Free bike rental is awesome. Mainly private rooms but 8 dorm beds. Privates are excellent value for couples!

Clean, calm place in the historical centre. Free bike rental - great for observing the city.

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

Fantastic hostel, was tempted to stay extra nights. Had a private room with shared bathroom. Hot water, comfortable bed. Great staff, fantastic atmosphere and settings. The walls are on the thin side (could hear a guy coughing and turning next door), but nothing major, the place is quiet at night. Was able to arrange some activities for the day very easily and meet up with other travellers. Highly recommend.

Nice hostel, well located, fair prices.

I felt safe, comfortable and their coffee shop sells delicious pastries: I recommend the raspberry cheesecake. Popayan is a peaceful and small town, and Caracol Hostel offers activities or a map, so you can visit points of interest. I visited during the rainy season, so I was really happy Caracol hostel has hot water. In popayan, I recommend that you try the italian restaurant.

Good location. Quiet. Nice staff.

A lovely haven for the weary. I would recmmend this place to people who are looking for a relaxed environment with excellent deals. As a solo traveller, I was also thankful that there were two rates for private rooms: one for couples and one for singles. Marta was a gracious host; helpful and kind with great sense of humour. You won't regret staying here!