Hostel Caracol Reviews

Calle 4 Number. 2-21, Centro Historico, Popayan, Colombia

Beautiful place with very helpful staff (also very good coffee at the coffeeshop), they make you feel like home a bit :-) But bring earplugs, it can be noisey. And bring your own drinks too cause after 8 or so when the shop closes there's nothing to buy... But overall a good hostel, i enjoyed my stay!

Quiet and comfortable hostel located a few blocks from the city center and main park. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hostel was very quiet. Beds weren't the most comfortable, but I still slept well. Constant hot water but pressure was lacking. Kitchen facilities were sufficient to smake small meals, but equipment needs an upgrade. Noises echo in the hostel, so bring ear plugs, especially for the morning. Fast WiFi. Definitely recommend and will return.

Very good option to stay during your trip in Colombia - lugguge store for free - nice helpful staff. I can just recommend it.

• 21st Oct 2014

This hostal had everything I look for: great location, lovely historic building with character, wonderful public spaces to hamg out and meet other travelers, good clean bathrooms, good wifi, private rooms, and nice shared kitchen. It also had an on site coffee shop with good coffee and pastries, book exchange, towels provided and helpful staff! What it was missing: breakfast included- but as I mentioned it had an on site coffee shop with good coffee, so no big deal. The value for I would

Well situated with an advantage: free bicycle at your disposal!

Though we were just at Hostel Caracol for one night, we were sorry we could not stay longer. The open layout and friendly atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming. It did not have any of the grotty feeling that some hostels have. The kitchen was clean. Caracol is in the historic area and easy walk to the town square, restaurants and Exito for groceries. We enjoyed talking to the other guests. Our room did not have a bathroom, but was close and we had no trouble finding one free.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

No wifi, broken fridge, no atmosphere, no other guests, staff don't even try to speak English....definitely do not recommend.

Hi, Sorry to hear you had a negative experience in the hostel. I have to confess, you did indeed visit the hostel on a weekend when the WiFi was down and the fridge also gve up the ghost too. Both elements were up and running within a couple of hours of Monday morning. All of our staff speak something of English but are far from fluent and we do our best to create a relaxed but friendly atmosphere. Once again, please accept my apolgies that you didn´t have the stay you had hoped for.