Hostel Casa Colon Reviews

Paseo Colon, 24th Street N, Next to Mercedes Tower, San Jose, Costa Rica

It's very well run, very clean, and very nice for a hostel, bordering on hotel nice. Dorm is on a busy a street corner where buses and cars run from late night to early morning and walk to bathroom is through common area and dining room.

The hostel overall was pretty good. Very clean and nice. It's also a restaurant. The general atmosphere is a quiet one. It's really a place to eat, sleep and have your own quiet time. 15 minutes walking distance to Alfraro; the bus station to go to Tamarindo - which is why I chose this hostel. It's also close to several other stations. One thing though: breakfast is only included in private rooms, not in dorms. Booking through hostel world it simply said breakfast included.

Our first hostel and we were so pleasantly surprised that we arrived at such a lovely place. Really helpful staff and close to all that's happening

• 6th Aug 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

It was the perfect place to star the vacation. Perfect location. The staff was most helpfull. I would definitely come back again. There was a mix of ages and cultures. If you want to mix, you can but if you want solitude there are plenty of spaces to do so. Loved it

• 26th Jun 2014

The doors are noisy when one opens them. I woke up several times when my neighbors opened their door. I needed to refrigerate medication and the staff took care of that for me.

• 11th May 2014

1. An intoxicated man accosted my 11-year-old niece and walked away as I approached him to stop him from attacking my niece. 2. The location is walking distance from Sabana Park and down town San Jose, plus there is a bank to exchange dollars for colons as you need them. 3. The Staff were very helpful and friendly Daniel provided me good directions for the area and one other female staff member provided me with a print out map of the local area. 4. The atmosphere is tico style and what I was

• 1st May 2014

this hostel looks great from outside and looks even better from inside. beds are spacious and very comfortable. shower is really good too... and that are the positives. all the rest is very average. some of the staff is moody and rude. the hostel looks clean in general but while i was there the toilets were a real mess. very dirty. I would not stay in a dorm again. bathrooms are too far and need to go through common area and a posh bar. private room en-suite probably best choice in this hostel.