Hostel Casa Colon Reviews

Paseo Colon, 24th Street N, Next to Mercedes Tower, San Jose, Costa Rica

The building was beautiful and very clean. The rooms were accessed by key cards and they each had large lockers. The hostel is close to several bus stations but far from the main city center (20 minute walk). Overall, I enjoyed this place and would recommend.

It is more like a hotel than a hostel. It is very clean. There is a restaurant and the breakfast is good. Good value for the money. I did not like the music downstairs and next door at the same time and quite loud. They wanted to put me in a 12-bed dorm at the street when I payed for a 6-bed dorm. The staff (same people) were some day extremly nice and helping me and on other days they give wrong infos and are not interested. cleaning people are very friendly.

2 week diff from first stay, new staff maybe. Keep your original plan. If your owned by the mob, great, they know how to make a good hostel. Staff was a little grumpy in December. Otherwise, nice place

I see San Jose as more of a hub to go somewhere else. I have stayed in other hostels I'm SJ, Casa Colon by far my favorite. It makes you forget you're in San Jose and has everything you need right within their walls

Hostel Casa Colon was in a great location, not too far from the airport and walking distance to downtown San Jose as well as the park. We had a superior double private room and it was very spacious and clean with a king size bed. The staff was nice enough and it comes with a breakfast in the morning of your choice of continental or traditional. A good place to stay while passing through San Jose.

Definately a good place to have a nice sleep before you see the rest of the coutry.

• 3rd Nov 2013