8.4
Fabulous 170 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 170 Total Reviews
Hostel Casa Colon Located at Paseo Colon, 24th Street N, Next to Mercedes Tower, San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose 1255 Paseo Colon, 24th Street N, Next to Mercedes Tower
84% 170
9.9352251 -84.0901064
    Rooms available

25th Nov 2016
4.0

This place is disgusting. I would NEVER recommend it. It was obvious that the sheets in my private room hadn't been changed. There were pubes & dirt ALL over them. The shower was super clogged, so you had to take 5 minutes, otherwise it'd overflow on the floor. The check-in staff (male) was very helpful & booked me for a bus in the morning. However, the female who was working the next day was terrible. She wasn't interested in working & didn't know about my bus. Terrible experience.

15th Nov 2016
2.3

Not a hostel, but a hotel with 3 dorm rooms. One toilet for ALL the dorms. You're likely to only meet locals since it's a hotel. Public access so I even had a couple beggars come in and ask for money! There was a loco tico in my room who kept assaulting me and calling me a terrorist. The front desk gave me a new room (thank you!), but they knew the guy was crazy and creating problems - so he should have been kicked out. Would never stay here again.

Hello, Thank you for taking your time and let us know about your experience. Is not good to hear it was not the best. Actually our Hostel has 4 shared dorms and two common bathrooms (around 10 toilets and 9 showers) and one separate (shower&toilet). This is a growing point, for example giving more information about our installations during the check-in process. We also regret the situation with the guest you mentioned. Is good to hear that our staff help you giving you a new room for your convenience. Best regards.

5th Oct 2016
7.1

Tiny bathrooms for dorms and nothing around there to do at night. Beautiful old house. Staff was nice.

Thank you very much for your review!

24th Sep 2016

Great location central enough to be of walking distance from walking streets, bank, groceries, yet quiet enough at night. Some rooms do not have a window, only ceiling fans (can get hot). Lots of showers, towel included. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel. There are two large balconies on the 2nd floor. The staff is really nice. I bought from the grocery store and the staff at the bar opened them for me with pleasure. Direct city bus from the airport (Alajuela-SJ, 535 CRC)

16th Sep 2016

Daniel at the front desk was top notch. We stayed a week and housekeeping waited 6 days to ask if we wanted the room clean. I just expected it was going to happen a lot sooner so I didn't ask.

• isaacbatistacarvalho253
  • Brazil, Male, 31-40
4th Sep 2016
4.9

No air conditioning in the dorm despite of the website info. Dirty bathrooms. Good wifi, though.

• USA, Male, 41+
9th Aug 2016

Great place !! Probably the best for the money in San Jose.

Thanks for choosing Hostel Casa Colon :)

7th Aug 2016

This place is beautiful! I fell in love the second I walked in the door. All the wood beams and floors, the staircase!!! The rooms are of course clean and up to par. I felt like a hotel more than a hostel but for the money I couldn't believe it! I would come back in a heartbeat.

We really appreciate your comment, hope to see you the next time!

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Jul 2016
6.6

We stayed for 2 nights as a base to go rafting from. Hostel was clean although very dark inside and not the most sociable of atmospheres. Dorm room was spacious and good beds although you had to walk around a bar and past the kitchen to get to the bathroom and the bathroom was quite small. Really hot showers though which was great! Reception not overly helpful, wifi was good. Pictures are mildly deceiving.

Thanks for your comments! About the shared bathrooms maybe it was a communication mistake because upstairs we have toilet and showers near to rooms, totally apart from the restaurant to give something more private. We really aprecciate your review and we going to comunicate better the bathrooms locations for the convenience of our guests. Best Regards!

30th Jun 2016

This hostel has an updated look and resembles more like a hotel. It is very attractive and located to the major bus terminals. Restaurant is also good.