Hostel Casa Colon

Very Good 178 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 31-40
13th Dec 2016
2.6

Place is a dive. Do not stay here. I had to pull a power outlet from the wall cavity it had fallen into to charge my phone, when I closed the door to my room a chunk of the ceiling fell on my head. Bathrooms are dirty. I booked and payed for 2 nights. After the first night I left and checked into the park inn.

25th Nov 2016
4.0

This place is disgusting. I would NEVER recommend it. It was obvious that the sheets in my private room hadn't been changed. There were pubes & dirt ALL over them. The shower was super clogged, so you had to take 5 minutes, otherwise it'd overflow on the floor. The check-in staff (male) was very helpful & booked me for a bus in the morning. However, the female who was working the next day was terrible. She wasn't interested in working & didn't know about my bus. Terrible experience.

15th Nov 2016
2.3

Not a hostel, but a hotel with 3 dorm rooms. One toilet for ALL the dorms. You're likely to only meet locals since it's a hotel. Public access so I even had a couple beggars come in and ask for money! There was a loco tico in my room who kept assaulting me and calling me a terrorist. The front desk gave me a new room (thank you!), but they knew the guy was crazy and creating problems - so he should have been kicked out. Would never stay here again.

Hello, Thank you for taking your time and let us know about your experience. Is not good to hear it was not the best. Actually our Hostel has 4 shared dorms and two common bathrooms (around 10 toilets and 9 showers) and one separate (shower&toilet). This is a growing point, for example giving more information about our installations during the check-in process. We also regret the situation with the guest you mentioned. Is good to hear that our staff help you giving you a new room for your convenience. Best regards.

5th Oct 2016
7.1

Tiny bathrooms for dorms and nothing around there to do at night. Beautiful old house. Staff was nice.

Thank you very much for your review!

24th Sep 2016

Great location central enough to be of walking distance from walking streets, bank, groceries, yet quiet enough at night. Some rooms do not have a window, only ceiling fans (can get hot). Lots of showers, towel included. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel. There are two large balconies on the 2nd floor. The staff is really nice. I bought from the grocery store and the staff at the bar opened them for me with pleasure. Direct city bus from the airport (Alajuela-SJ, 535 CRC)