Hostel Casa Jacaranda Reviews

1era calle poniente #37, Antigua, Guatemala

Excellent hostel. The breakfast was very good with five choices. They have a excellent cook. No alcohol in the hostel, so this is not a party hostel. Instead a good vibe, great staff, interesting laidback guests and quiet with a good nights sleep after 10pm. Nice enclosed grass courtyard outback with lots of plants and flowers. Also a little cooking area in the front that serves fresh tacos and stuff beginning early evening. From the street side you can also enjoy a beer.

We stayed 2 nights at Hostel Casa Jacaranda and it was okay. The shared bathrooms were clean and also our room. The wifi-Connection only worked in the communal area, not in our room. The Location is safe but not so close to the main Part of the city. You can stay at this hostal but we think that there are better hostels available which are closer to the City.

Stayed here for Semana Santa and it was a really good location as lots of the processions went past the hostel. Breakfast is very good and complimentary. We were in the rooms at the end of the garden and they didn't receive wifi.

Either hostelbookers or the hostel made a mistake. I had reserved for two nights which was clearly listed on my print out by you. Yet when I arrived there was no room for me and I had to sleep in the dorm-not very convenient when you are getting up at 4-5 a.m to go off on a tour. So my question is-was at fault-my document clearly stated two nights yet the hostel only had one???????????????????????????????????????

2 bathrooms for many people is just not ok. Having the shower inside each of those bathrooms is insane. Non working air conditioners isn't fair when the rooms are almost windowless.

Only one shower got warm water. In the room I was staying, you could break in super easy by turning the knob through the window. I had some great expectations after reading other reviews here and I was really disappointed. You could find better Hostels at a more decent price at the same street.

Stayed here one night, had a private room which was ideal for what I needed- a good nights sleep. Very secure place and guy at the front desk is helpful.