Hostel Casa Jacaranda Reviews

1era calle poniente #37, Antigua, Guatemala

2 bathrooms for many people is just not ok. Having the shower inside each of those bathrooms is insane. Non working air conditioners isn't fair when the rooms are almost windowless.

Only one shower got warm water. In the room I was staying, you could break in super easy by turning the knob through the window. I had some great expectations after reading other reviews here and I was really disappointed. You could find better Hostels at a more decent price at the same street.

Stayed here one night, had a private room which was ideal for what I needed- a good nights sleep. Very secure place and guy at the front desk is helpful.

The location is okay, but the atmosphere is lacking. This is not a hostal where people hang out, or where you can meet people. The rooms are ok, and the place is decorated with some nice murals. The two TVs are kept blaring way too loudly late into the night. Breakfast is included (with various options), but none are particularly generous, and the coffee is instant. I would recommend searching out other options in Antigua (there are lots that don't appear online or in guidebooks).

• 9th Feb 2014

nice place for belize. good breakfast, close to everything

This place worked out great for us. The rooms are small, and the breakfast is great. They have a garden in the back, fast wifi and hot showers. The staff were helpful. We never tried the tacos though.

The hostel never received my reservation. I showed up there late, and the guy had no idea that I'd booked anything. I had reserved a dorm room, but he said there were none left. He gave me a private room and charged me more. Plus, I lost the deposit I'd paid through this site. I don't know if this is the hostel's fault or this site's fault. Anyway, the room was right next to the kitchen, so I heard every single guest ordering breakfast the next morning.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Everything is kept clean here. But the rooms are awfully small, and cheaper places with bigger rooms are available on the same street. I have to say the breakfasts they offer are really great.

• 25th Nov 2013

I enjoyed my time there and thought it was a good value but please be aware that you cannot flush toilet paper and half of the toilets are outside. It did not bother me but may deter others.

A decent value place - I had a single room - and a pretty good breakfast as well which is a bonus. Like anywhere in Antigua it's only a few minutes walk from anywhere - but it's particularly easy to get to the markets and supermarket.

Well the mattress was comfy but not much room in the dorms. No kitchen and no lockers didn{t help