Hostel Casa Jacaranda Reviews

1era calle poniente #37, Antigua, Guatemala

Very clean, safe and relaxed. quiet hostel for seasoned travellers not looking for party's etc. Wouldn't recommend if you're looking to meet people as it seemed like a lot of couples were staying here and most people kept to themselves. All in all a good hostel for quiet solo travellers or couples looking for some time away from the bustle of a party hostel.

• 15th Jun 2015

The chap at reception is very friendly. The hostel is chilled, and the free breakfast is good. The 6 bed dorms shouldn't sleep 6 people, they would be full with 4 people, and only have 3 lockers. We asked for reception to book our stay at the next hostel, but he said he couldn't because of a policy, and sent us to the local shop which is a first??

very nice ! Staff very kind and wonderfull breakfast !

• 27th Apr 2015

The hostel website says they accept credit cards, the next day I saw a sign that said no credit cards, then the next day I asked and they said they would take cc because I was staying for 5 nights for there is a 12% extra charge. When I went to pay they only took visa and I only had a mastercard, I had to run all over town right before my flight to find money to pay for the hostel.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very very nice place with a beautiful garden to chill out. Staff welcoming, smiling, trying to do the best and also, providing informations with local buses instead of promoting the tour operators (that's not usual!). Thanks at the receptionists, housekeepers, nightkeepers. Perfect place. Warmly recommend.

The garden was great, but otherwise the hostel was rather dark and dreary.

The good news: very clean. Great breakfasts. The omelette with veggies was close to perfect. Nights were quiet. I just have to say: there was no hot water for 2 of my showers. I didn't know towels were available until the last day. Had to use paper towels and a shirt for a towel. The desk clerk was friendly but not particularly helpful or informative. Thanks ! Peg and Judy

• 2nd Apr 2015

The staff was always very helpful. The included breakfast was great. I struggled a little with the hot water in the showers.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Very good and helpful staff. They made sure someone was up to let me out at 4:00 AM to catch the bus to El Salvador and another time to catch my early plane in Guatemala City. The included breakfast was delicious, five different choices. Very good value for money. I stayed in a private room with shared facilities. Facilities also exist to store big motorcycles inside, in the large lobby.

Nice & quiet, clean, good wifi not in rooms. Just kind of dark & depressing. Pretty good breakfast, but wouldn't let me have more milk for the coffee. Big yard, a few hammocks, a minimal kitchen in the back & fridge. Chill but not very exciting.

Very helpful staff! Delicious breakfast included

• 28th Feb 2015