Hostel Casa Jacaranda Reviews

1era calle poniente #37, Antigua, Guatemala

Nice & quiet, clean, good wifi not in rooms. Just kind of dark & depressing. Pretty good breakfast, but wouldn't let me have more milk for the coffee. Big yard, a few hammocks, a minimal kitchen in the back & fridge. Chill but not very exciting.

Very helpful staff! Delicious breakfast included

• 28th Feb 2015

Very laid back hostel with excellent breakfast and smoothies. The staff was nice and accommodating. I agree with what others have said, the common area out back has a lot of potential to be set up a little bit better - when I was there, it was just a collection of plastic tables and chairs. Set up a couple hammocks, maybe a fire pit and some better furniture, it would be a nicer area to hang out in. Overall, I enjoyed my stayed at the hostel, decent location pretty close to the market.

Nice, clean and tidy hostal on the edge of the town centre. Staff are polite and helpful, standard of English varies. Breakfast is excellent. Atmosphere can be a bit lacking so not ideal for those looking to socialise... But lovely and quiet for those who value sleep. More like a b

All in all a good hostel to stay. Quiet, clean and a nice garden.

I've stayed in lots of hostel.This is the only one I don't recommend .kind of clean, and quiet.But the atmosphere there is not quite right ...couldn't feel joyful.the most important to me to most of travelers,I didn't feel that they were willing to help compare to others.Also, we asked for just waiting inside for few hours for catching the late flight.We got refused by the owner. We don't mind to pay some but not that much. Then they pushed me to leave even they knew it was cold and dangerous..

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Enjoyed the helpful staff, central location, lovely artwork and good breakfast at Hostel Casa Jacaranda in Antigua.

Nice place to chill for a few days. I liked that is away from parque central but well located for the market and buses. I'd gladly stay there again!

• 14th Jan 2015

Amazing location, staff and security (locked/monitored front gate)! Friendly atmosphere but not a party hostel. Included breakfast is awesome (5 different ones to choose from!) and there is an always full purified water jug I took advantage of as well with a reusable bottle. Beds are clean, warm and comfortable and front desk staff are very helpful. Great location - walk to everything!

• 5th Jan 2015

lovely little place with 5 options for breakfast, surely a record for Latin America