Hostel Casa Jacaranda Reviews

1era calle poniente #37, Antigua, Guatemala

Very clean, safe and relaxed. quiet hostel for seasoned travellers not looking for party's etc. Wouldn't recommend if you're looking to meet people as it seemed like a lot of couples were staying here and most people kept to themselves. All in all a good hostel for quiet solo travellers or couples looking for some time away from the bustle of a party hostel.

• 15th Jun 2015

The chap at reception is very friendly. The hostel is chilled, and the free breakfast is good. The 6 bed dorms shouldn't sleep 6 people, they would be full with 4 people, and only have 3 lockers. We asked for reception to book our stay at the next hostel, but he said he couldn't because of a policy, and sent us to the local shop which is a first??

very nice ! Staff very kind and wonderfull breakfast !

• 27th Apr 2015

The hostel website says they accept credit cards, the next day I saw a sign that said no credit cards, then the next day I asked and they said they would take cc because I was staying for 5 nights for there is a 12% extra charge. When I went to pay they only took visa and I only had a mastercard, I had to run all over town right before my flight to find money to pay for the hostel.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very very nice place with a beautiful garden to chill out. Staff welcoming, smiling, trying to do the best and also, providing informations with local buses instead of promoting the tour operators (that's not usual!). Thanks at the receptionists, housekeepers, nightkeepers. Perfect place. Warmly recommend.

The garden was great, but otherwise the hostel was rather dark and dreary.

The good news: very clean. Great breakfasts. The omelette with veggies was close to perfect. Nights were quiet. I just have to say: there was no hot water for 2 of my showers. I didn't know towels were available until the last day. Had to use paper towels and a shirt for a towel. The desk clerk was friendly but not particularly helpful or informative. Thanks ! Peg and Judy

• 2nd Apr 2015

The staff was always very helpful. The included breakfast was great. I struggled a little with the hot water in the showers.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Very good and helpful staff. They made sure someone was up to let me out at 4:00 AM to catch the bus to El Salvador and another time to catch my early plane in Guatemala City. The included breakfast was delicious, five different choices. Very good value for money. I stayed in a private room with shared facilities. Facilities also exist to store big motorcycles inside, in the large lobby.

Nice & quiet, clean, good wifi not in rooms. Just kind of dark & depressing. Pretty good breakfast, but wouldn't let me have more milk for the coffee. Big yard, a few hammocks, a minimal kitchen in the back & fridge. Chill but not very exciting.

Very helpful staff! Delicious breakfast included

• 28th Feb 2015

Very laid back hostel with excellent breakfast and smoothies. The staff was nice and accommodating. I agree with what others have said, the common area out back has a lot of potential to be set up a little bit better - when I was there, it was just a collection of plastic tables and chairs. Set up a couple hammocks, maybe a fire pit and some better furniture, it would be a nicer area to hang out in. Overall, I enjoyed my stayed at the hostel, decent location pretty close to the market.

Nice, clean and tidy hostal on the edge of the town centre. Staff are polite and helpful, standard of English varies. Breakfast is excellent. Atmosphere can be a bit lacking so not ideal for those looking to socialise... But lovely and quiet for those who value sleep. More like a b

All in all a good hostel to stay. Quiet, clean and a nice garden.

I've stayed in lots of hostel.This is the only one I don't recommend .kind of clean, and quiet.But the atmosphere there is not quite right ...couldn't feel joyful.the most important to me to most of travelers,I didn't feel that they were willing to help compare to others.Also, we asked for just waiting inside for few hours for catching the late flight.We got refused by the owner. We don't mind to pay some but not that much. Then they pushed me to leave even they knew it was cold and dangerous..

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Enjoyed the helpful staff, central location, lovely artwork and good breakfast at Hostel Casa Jacaranda in Antigua.

Nice place to chill for a few days. I liked that is away from parque central but well located for the market and buses. I'd gladly stay there again!

• 14th Jan 2015

Amazing location, staff and security (locked/monitored front gate)! Friendly atmosphere but not a party hostel. Included breakfast is awesome (5 different ones to choose from!) and there is an always full purified water jug I took advantage of as well with a reusable bottle. Beds are clean, warm and comfortable and front desk staff are very helpful. Great location - walk to everything!

• 5th Jan 2015