Hostel Casa Verde Santa Ana Reviews

7� Calle Poniente, Entre 8 y 10 av. sur. #25, Santa Ana, El Salvador

Absolutely wonderful. Best hostel we've ever stayed at ever! The kitchen is so well stocked, the pool is refreshing and clean. Carlos was SO helpful. We can't stress that enough. Made us feel like we were staying at home. An absolute MUST stay if you are in the Santa Ana area.

• 17th Jul 2014

Excellent place to stay, with lots of facilities, friendly staff and friendly people. Only complaint were the beds were fairly uncomfortable (overly stiff). Would be nice to see the hostel organize a bus that could take people up and down the Santa Ana volcano since the local system is inefficient and poorly timed (gets you there too early and leaves much later).

Can't empathize enough- left my heart in casa verde! Carlos, you are just a generous person- thank you for sharing your lovely hostel home with me.

Come back soon linda

This hostel is a gem. It is intelligently set up ranging from the 2 kitchens, to the individual fans over each bed in the dorms, to the 2 tv rooms and the separate pool area. My only gripe with this hostel was I put a down payment down with hostelworld, but that was not honored by the staff. Granted, the prices are different on the hostelworld ($11 ) than at the hostel ($10). Hostelworld should look into their listed prices because it doesn't seem advantageous for me to make a reservation.

thank you, have a nice trip. :)

We loved our stay. The only draw back for us was the location, but it was safe in the area so it didn't really matter. We loved the roof top patio and the hot showers.

• 8th Jun 2014

Carlos is an amazing host & owner. During my 3-day stay, he began renovating a new dorm and construction of a new bedroom suite. With projects occurring behinds closed doors, this was not an issue at all. The facility has a swimming pool, multiple hammocks, various community spaces, DVD collection and viewing room, large screen TV and bar setting, 2 kitchens for guests, etc. And I strongly suggest that you order delivery pizza (Carlos can help with this also)!

In 10 weeks of travelling this was by far the best hostel we have stayed at. Carlos has thought of every little detail and is all set up for the World Cup so if you are in the area andwant to wwatch a game then head for Casa Verde. If you do find something to complain about then you should have stayed at home.

One of best hostals have stayed in over 30+ years of backpacking!! Clean excellent kitchen pool owner a delight !! A must!!

Thank you kate, have a nice trip.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, without a doubt. Carlos is so welcoming and helpful! Facilities and location are great. 100% recommend this hostel!!

• 22nd May 2014

Mil gracias, fue un placer grande conocerte y recuerda GO HEAT & GO ENGLAND :)

This hostel clearly deserved the "Best of El Salvador" award. From the big movie room (with popcorn--thank you!!), the comfy rooms, the kitchens stocked with more utensils and equipment than my kitchen at home, to the pool and the overall great atmosphere, this place is the best. I will be recommending it to all my friends!

Very good place: affordable,clean, great hospitality from Carlos and other employees. I highly recommend this beautiful homelike place.

• 7th May 2014

Best hostel in Central America so far! Has everything you could want and more. Dorms even have separate bathrooms for males and females, no bunk beds, cleanest swimming pool. An oasis in Santa Ana

thank you michelle, have a nice trip.

This place is nothing short of amazing. The kitchens (there are two!) have more utensils than my one at home. Carlos was so flexible and helpful. We got stuck in Santa Ana as Easter stopped transport. He helped change our accomodation and everyone else who got stuck in the public holiday breaks. He also helped us with the amazing volcano tour. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! Would go back to just spend a few days here to regenerate if I had the time!

An incredible hostel. Carlos the owner is so nice and helpful. Sitting back watching a movie in his TV room and he brings us popcorn. Best equipped kitchen we've seen 20 months on the road. Great atmosphere, strong wifi, awesome pool and hostel not a party scene but very social. Wished we could have stayed longer.

hey andrew, come back my friend. Thanks and have a nice trip. :)

A great friendly hostel, lots of places to relax, great kitchen,s a pool, honesty system for beer and wine. Free water refills.

Thanks a lot christina, come back soon.

Fantastic hostel. Carlos is a great host. Cannot recommend highly enough.

There is nothing else to say than it is a very very good hostel:-)

Casa Verde is really the best hostel to go to. Its a backpacker dreams hostel. Carlos, the owner has put a very special touch in making his hostel the most practical, confortable, economical and friendly ever. It has 2 nice and clean kitchens, dorms or private rooms, individual fans above each bed with a little night light and a plug to recharge our gadgets. There a little safe for each bed with a key, many commun area with great hammocs. A pool, a tv room... and in the centre of Santa Ana.

• 20th Feb 2014