Hostel Casa Verde Santa Ana

9.8
Superb 191 Total Reviews

19th Sep 2017
7.4

This hostel has everything you need including really comfortable dorm beds and lovely bathrooms. The atmosphere was quite lacking when we were there and we couldn't work out why it was so much more expensive than anywhere else we stayed in El Salvador - it didn't seem to offer anything extra. The area is fine but it's a bit of a walk from the main square and very quiet after dark. Taxis/shuttles offered were very expensive so we went by chicken bus to Copan and had no issues.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2017

One of the best hostels we've ever stayed in. Really good equipped kitchen and free nice coffee. Carlos, the owner is such a helpful and nice man. We really enjoyed staying there.

12th Sep 2017

Everything amazing written in the reviews is 100% true! The Casa Verde team and Carlos provide luxury hotel service at dorm prices. I stayed over 1000 nights in hostels around the world and Carlos has somehow taken every little thing others do right and put it in one hostel. They even have plastic boxes to put your shoes in if they stink. The 2 kitchens are the best equipped kitchens I have ever seen. Even better than my home! They even have pot holders for those hot pans. Loved it!!!!

30th Aug 2017

Everything was great about my stay in Santa Ana at Casa Verde. The staff was accommodating, friendly, and thoughtful. The place is very cool, clean, and charming. Also very safe & secure. My room had a little balcony from which I watched a beautiful sunrise. It had a clean, private bathroom. It was close enough to grocery, dinner, and buses, so I didn't need to spend much time wandering aimlessly on my short stay. Overall, highly recommend this place to any travelers. Great spot.

• alinenoel5714
  • Belgium, Female, 25-30
28th Aug 2017

I have been to a ton of hostels before. NEVER have I been to such an incredible one! From A to Z, Carlos manages to make your stay perfect. He has thought about every single detail and his hostel goes beyond every single expectation one could have! The staff is incredibly nice and provide the same service as a 5 stars hotel. The kitchen is a dream, it is spotless with tons of spices and condiments provided. The swimming pool is pretty and cleaned each morning. I could go on and on... GO THERE!

• Wales, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2017

I don't have anything bad to say about this place. Perfect if you just want to chill, with a pool and movie room, but super close to the main square where you can find a couple of restaurants and cheap street food. I felt very safe in the area and the owner Carlos is lovely. 5 minute walk to the bus station that will take you to the volcano hike as well. Plug sockets on each bed and a fan above each. Also super easy to intermingle with others which is very important for me as a solo traveller!

hola, thanks for take your time and write this review, for us is very important. have a nice trip and comeback when you want. casa verde team :)

• England, Male, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

Our stay at Casa Verde was amazing, and surpassed all our expectations. Carlos was the friendliest and most welcoming host we could have hoped for, and gave us lots of useful tourist information, including restaurant advice and information about the buses. The hostel is very well laid-out, spotlessly clean, with a great atmosphere, and an honesty bar. We would certainly recommend!

thank you, this comment is very important for us. comeback soon :) casa verde team.

• Boo5981
  • Australia, Couple, 31-40
11th Aug 2017

Cada Verde lives up to its reputation of being an amazing hostel!! It's so nice to have someone having thought of all the finer details to make your stay more comfortable. The kitchen and all facilities are really clean (not always the case in hostels!!). The little details: oil, spices and sauces available for use in the kitchen, storage units at the end of each bed with hooks and trays to hold all your stuff, fan and light at each bed, locker for each bed with a PowerPoint and USB point inside

thanks for take your time and write this great review for us. comeback soon. casa verde team.

30th Jul 2017

Nice place. Not so sure about walking around town after dark but that's no reflection on the hostel. Good common areas and the hostel sells snacks and proper beer! The owner speaks perfect English and is very helpful. He arranged a taxi to take me to the bus stop to pick up the Ticabus. Then when the taxi didn't show he drove me himself (at 6.00 in the morning) and wouldn't take any money.

30th Jul 2017

Everything was great and we got little extras, like a ride to the bus station etc.

×