Hostel Casa Verde Santa Ana Reviews

7� Calle Poniente, Entre 8 y 10 av. sur. #25, Santa Ana, El Salvador

Fantastic hostel. Carlos is a great host. Cannot recommend highly enough.

There is nothing else to say than it is a very very good hostel:-)

Casa Verde is really the best hostel to go to. Its a backpacker dreams hostel. Carlos, the owner has put a very special touch in making his hostel the most practical, confortable, economical and friendly ever. It has 2 nice and clean kitchens, dorms or private rooms, individual fans above each bed with a little night light and a plug to recharge our gadgets. There a little safe for each bed with a key, many commun area with great hammocs. A pool, a tv room... and in the centre of Santa Ana.

• 20th Feb 2014

It could not have been better! All was perfect! Secure with lockers, in a good location, with superb amenities, and great atmosphere.

1st ya wanna get a grip & cease thie 60 second nonsense takes many minutes more ! nuthin but praise 4 carlos & his staff I´ve travelled thru all but 3 of the latin american countries & there´s none better than casa verde

Simply the most amazing hostel. May have to wait a while when you first arrive as Carlos is not always in and guests are asked not to answer the door.

Likely the best hostel you will stay in in Central America. Super clean and with the two best hostel kitchens you will ever encounter! We liked it so much that we are considering ending our trip with a return to Santa Ana!

It's a perfect place to stay in Santa Ana! The two!!! kitchens are amazing. Sharp knives, spices, pans in every size and everything you can dream abaout in a kitchen. :) The only thing I didn't like, is that in the doorm upstairs they only have really small lockers, so that only the passport, credit card and money fit in and not a laptop or a camera. But I think they will change it, because the doorm downstairs has bigger lockers. Except of this small thing it was amazing! Thanks Carlos!

100% recommended. The place had a pool, roof top terrace, beer fridge, 2 fully decked out kitchens and some great hang-out spots. But despite all these amenities, the best pàrt was the owner/information centre/good guy - Carlos. He even drove me in his own car to the bus pick-up point early one morning. amazing!

CARLOS, THE OWNER WAS EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY, COURTEOUS AND JUST A PLEASURE TO KNOW. THE HOSTEL WAS SPARKLING CLEAN. THE HIGHEST OF RECOMMENDATIONS. SAM ´BALAMB´

• 24th Jun 2013

The best hostel I've stayed in so far in Central America. Brilliant facilities - a great pool, spacious relaxing areas, 2 fully equipped kitchens (with juicers, coffee makers), plus free coffee. Close to supermarkets and the street markets. Big rooms and comfortable beds. Spotlessly clean. Carlos is a great host, he provides plenty of travel information and is very hospitable. We extended our stay by 2 nights because we liked the hostel so much!

Casa verde is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. You really can't ask for anything else in a hostel. It's clean, well equipped, and has a ton of 'extras' that make it such good value. Do not hesitate to book here!!!

This is the most comfy place I have stayed in central america. Brilliant kitchens with everything you need (a huge supermarket not too far away which is really really well stocked with goodies), no bunks in the dorms, fans on every bed, great staff, fun people staying there, a pool - I could go on and on about how much I loved it. Definitely stay here if you are in Santa Ana.

could not recommend this place more. the owner who runs the place is incredibly friendly and helpful. arrived quite late at night and no shops in walking distance were open so he drove me and my girlfriend to a restraunt to get dinner. rooms were clean and dorms had single beds (no bunks!) atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. would definitely go back.

This hostel has the 2nd best kitchen I have encountered at a hostel... no 1 is on the other side of this hostel, so they have the two best kitchens. Great place on all acounts, great spacious dorms, nice chill out areas and a pool. And Carlos is one of the best hostel managers there is. 100% all the time.

Best hostel in the world! Comfortable beds, huge hot showers, two perfectly equipped kitchens, lots of sitting out space with hammocks, big wooden tables, excellent barbecue, lovely view of sunset from roof terrace, spotless swimming pool and, best of all, Carlos is the perfect, charming, friendly helpful host, who even phoned to get food delivered when we wanted. Can't fault any aspect and definitely hope to go again..

Great place to stay. Like a five star hotel.

There is not much more to say than: Best hostel I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world (and I've been travelling for some years now..) Carlos is an excellent and friendly host, it is super clean, relaxing with hammocks and swimming pool, tidy and super clean kitchen... I stayed 5 nights and could have easily spent more time. Highly recommended!!!

Great place, nice pool, lots of room, and the most well-stocked kitchens (2) that I've ever seen! They have every possible kitchen instrument you could imagine. I think tours of the local area (e.g. Ruta de los Flores or other locales) should be offered.

Casa Verde is excellent value, The hostel was recently enlarged and renovated, so now there are 2 kitchens, a good size courtyard and a swimming pool. Carlos, the owner, is well organized and very helpful to his guests.

• 16th Jan 2013