Hostel Casa Verde Reviews

Rua das Flores, 150, Ilha Grande, Brazil

A very good place to enjoy the beautiful island, 5 minutes walk from the center. Quiet, good breakfast and Neia, the owner, is very nice and helpful ! I recommend it

• 7th Mar 2014

Good breakfast, lockers, nice staff and clean. Not located in the main area of shops, but only a short walk away. Loved the hammocks, would stay again. No directions on how to get to the hostel - facing the main street from the pier, turn left. Walk a short way and turn right on Rua Santana, which is after a couple of restaurants with outdoor seating. At the end of this street, turn left and walk over the bridge - Rua das Flores is immediately on your right. Hostel is up a steep hill:)

There is a 5/10 minute walk up a cobbled hill to get to the hostel which with a bag is a bit hard, but afterwards is not too bad. It's nice to be set back from the main town. Breakfast is individual, not all you can eat but very nice and filling. There is even a toasty machine! The rooms are small but the beds are comfy. There is a small ensuite and it took us 2 days to find the hot switch for the shower! Lots of hammocks to chill out in. The lady owner speaks no English which wasn't helpful.

There are no soap in my room. Good breakfast.

I can't understand how could you advertise such a place: it's like sleeping in a tent, but paying a lot of money. No comfortable beds, no AC, breakfast is not good at all, no hot or warm showers. The don't accepted my credit card, even when they don't warn about that in the page, the staff is weird and unfriendly, when I said I was leaving they got angry and made me leave earlier than the check out time, and the charge me $R30 more than I was supposed to pay. It wasn't a good experience at all.

We had a very nice stay, the staff is really hearty, the breakfast is great and the island of course very beatiful. i would absolutely recommend it.

A lovely and peaceful place to stay!The breakfast was really good but unfortunately they don t have internet and sometimes it can get really hot in the room!Its better to sleep in the hammoc!but then why pay for a room?

• 5th Jan 2014

PROS: Very friendly owner, nice breakfast served every morning. Chilled out and relaxing hostel CONS: A steep uphill walk to the hostel which is a bit difficult with a backpack. No A/C at night, only fan which means it can tend to get a bit hot at night

We had a great time on Ilha Grande and loved staying here, breakfast was ace too! thanks for having us!

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • jennifer_handley7785

Excellent option!!! Thanks a lot Nea!!!! Certainly I will go back soon! Hugs

• 27th Dec 2013

Great Hostel, owner was really helpful and friendly and breakfast was really good. It was also really clean and bed was good. It is really good option to take Hostel in Ilha Grande.

Very personal athmosphere, the owner welcomed us with open arms, gave us many advice and made us feel like home from the beginning. The hostel is a great place to stay on Ilha Grande and we will always come back!