Hostel Casa de Lis Reviews

Avenida Central, South of Banco Credito, Next to the ICE, Turrialba, Costa Rica

Very clean. Good wifi. You are able to get good sleep. In the center of the town. Has "Central American luxuries" like paper towels to dry your hands. The back deck is tranquil and the rooftop terrace has a lovely view. I was there for 3 wks studying Spanish and there was never a toilet issue. At times you may only get a warm shower depending on others showering but this is common in hostels. If I returned to Turrialba this is the only place I would stay. Thanks Lis

• 10th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Casa de Lis! This is probably one of the most clean hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff is great! They arranged my rafting trip with Tico river adventurers, answered all my questions I had about the surrounding area and more. The facilities are great as well nice beds, hot water and even a rooftop terrace where Lis herself will serve you breakfast if you arrange for it the night before.

Perfect place to stay in Turrialba

Very friendly staff that were very helpful and honest! I had a blast in Turriabla. Mostly couples staying in Hostel Del Lis, so its great if you're traveling in a pair or a group...you still have a chance to meet some folks though! Very nice terrace and back yard. Safe area.

nice place, very clean and safe. location small walk from busstation. pick up for rafting. most people stay 1 or 2 nights to go rafting. lots of info around. safe town to walk around all night. nice staff !!

Great hostel. Very clean, nice, friendly and helpful staff, good security. The rooftop patio was fabulous and provided a very nice view of the city.

This place is great! The owner arranged out rafting tour for us which was wonderful. It was a locally, family run company and we really enjoyed it. The owner told us she made a mistake when she originally quoted us the price, and that it was going to be cheaper. So honest!!! The decks and coffee are a great way to start your day.

• 30th Jun 2013

Great hostel! If it is your first one in Costa Rica you will become spoiled. The staff is so nice and helpful and it is unbelievably clean. Would stay again in a heart beat! Other than rafting, there are not many other touristy things to do, that being said it is a total local town and you can really explore the Tico life style. Everyone in the town is also hospitable and helpful.

Stayed three nights at the hostel and loved it! It feels more like being in a hotel, everything is very clean, cute and decorated with lots of love. And they even took care of my sending the bikini I forgot to San Jose before my flight left. Thanks a lot! I definitely will recommend staying with you to everybody I meet!

Staff was great to arrange our rafting via my emails. Inside gated car parking for up to two vehicles. Seems to be a new remodel. Clean and nice a good stopover for me and my girls.

• 29th Jan 2013

Really great hostel with very Good value for money

Would be nice if the kitchen was larger but attention to detail at this hostel is the top.

The best hostel not only in Costa Rica but all of Central America! The whole place is pristine and beautifully decorated. The patio and terrace give your free morning coffee a special feeling. The kitchen is large with brand new appliances and tons of cookware. Also Lisette is very helpful and her wall of bus schedules, recommendations and activities ensures a great time no matter your reason for travel. Instead of staying in noisy San Jose, I would recommend staying here and day trip the city.

The owner of this wonderful hostel was very helpful and friendly. She is expanding to be able to accommodate more travelers. We wish her every success. Just be aware when traveling in Central and South America, you may not flush your toilet paper and must put it in a covered bin. When you are away from the Hostel, bring toilet paper with you.

• 25th Nov 2012
  • Couple, 41+

Great staff, great location,very clean and comfortable, incredible value. Very relaxing place to spend your time in Turrialba!

hands down one of the best hostels ive stayed in. the people are friendly and helpful and really go out of their way to hang out and make things wonderful. bathrooms are cleaned everyday, and the water is hot!! this was a great hostel. only thing is that the rooms get hot and stuffy at night.

Incredibly helpful staff, much appreciated.

One of our favorite hostels. Lovely rooms and very clean. Great location and really helpful staff. The coffee served in the morning was amazing.

It was a very nice hostel one of the best I stayed in. The beds were really nice and confi and everything was very clean. It was more like a Hotel with Bunk Beds. You can feel that the owner Lis now what you need when you are traveling.. Everyone who wants to see the real Costa Rica and not the touristy stuff and wants to live in a real awesome Hostel this is the place to stay.

Best hostel we have ever stayed in. The staff are very sweet and helpful!