Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room at Hostel Casa del Parque. Right away we were impressed by the security and the atmosphere of the hostel. As we settled in we realized the value for our money was fabulous! Roger was very friendly and gave us a tour of the place and laid out the hostel rules. The history of the house is impressive and right away it's easy to make yourself feel at home. We connected with other travelers and enjoyed our dinner on the outside terrace.

• 2nd Mar 2015

I've stayed here several times in the past few years and it is one of my favorite hostels. It is a lovely older home and has lots of charm. It's not a "party" hostel which is a relief for those who actually like to sleep some at night. The kitchen is sufficient for preparing meals on-site and the staff are very helpful. The only drawback is that for those in the dormitory, there are 2 toilets (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs) and 1 shower and this can cause a little congestion.

what a beautiful house with lots of charm...the decor was just amazing and the staff was very helpful. Will stay again on my way back to Guatemala.

• 25th Feb 2015

This hostel is incredible value for money, we couldn't believe how nice our 10 bed dorm was when we got to the hostel as it was so cheap! So so clean and great central location too.

No bathroom in the bedroom is not really good. The bathroom on the downstairs is without shower and the bathroom on the upstairs isn't accessible whithout to disturb the others personns who sleep on the floor.

• 18th Feb 2015

Hello, im sorry to hear that our small hostel did not meet your expectations, the reason why your room didnt have a bathroom its because you booked a room with shared bathroom, that means that you have to share a bathroom with other people, if wanted a room with private bathroom then you need to book a room that has bathroom included... i hope the rest of your travels in the country were great

Such a beautiful home!

• 12th Feb 2015

A nice friendly and comfortable hostel with kitchen and lots of chill out space. I had a private room with shared bath rather than a dorm bed. The room was a good size and bed comfortable enough but no power supply in the room and had quite a wait to use the bathroom. The staff are very helpful and friendly and arranged a taxi from the airport which was very handy, but were not around when I wanted to check out.. Very friendly atmosphere. Recommended.

• 10th Feb 2015

Absolutely loved this hostel. Close to the main shopping district and a beautiful park, highly recommend staying here. Roger is super helpful and nice, as are the other staff members. The place is a large converted house which makes it feel more of a home than anything else.

I will be returning to this hostal and really recommend it for the great atmosphere ,lovely old house and beautiful gardens right on the great park and walking distance to everything you need and in the centre and the staff are great and very helpful

I enjoyed the outdoor area to sit, relax and have a cup of tea. The house was very charming and well located. Hostel staff were nice and recommended some good places to eat. It was lacking a bit of lively energy though and showers were cold.

The building definitely could use some repairs and upgrades. One panel of glass was completely missing from the bathroom window, the upstairs sink smelled like backed-up sewage, the fridge was loudly in its death throes. I didn't like that the patio dining areza was also for smoking because there was pretty much no point when i found it smoker-free, i didn't really have anywhere that i could go enjoy my food. It was otherwise a decent hostel and Roger was an excellent staffer to interact with.

• 31st Jan 2015

Hello, thanks for your comments, we´ll take note of your comments and work swiftly to gather the resources to accommodate you better in the future. the Garden is not the only dining area, you can also use the dining table in the living room as shown in the pictures or the coffee table in the tv room.. also there is a separate table in the garden if you dont want to sit on the big table. I hope the rest of your vacation in the country was good. thanks for staying with us

This place is a nice little hidden spot in San Jose. Love the tropical garden!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

It was everything I needed. I had a great stay. And that guy Mangas is the sh#$&!!! Cool dude.

• 28th Jan 2015

Nice location. Didn't feel dodgy at all. The hostel is in a really beautiful old building. They could do with a few more bathrooms though.

I loved this place! The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me get around San Jose safely. I felt very safe here, I would recommend this place to anyone. Plus, as an added bonus there is a resident cat and a beautiful park right across the street!

• 24th Jan 2015

The staff is helpful and the atmosphere was nice. My room was very big and comfortable, a bit dark though However, I would definitely recommend to change the windows and doors (one window was broken in a corner) to decrease traffic noise at night and increase security.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Casa del Parque. The staff were extremely helpful. The location was great, the Parque Nacional right beside is quite nice and you are a very short walk away from Avenue Central with many museums, shops, restaurants and fruit stands. The Hotel was really cool and historic with a great outdoor patio with a garden. They also have an awesome kitchen with so many appliances and a nice stove. Oh and the house cat was cool! We will be staying there again next month.

Casadelparque is a friendly little hostel right next to parque national. the building is special and offers many spacious lounging areas to rest, read or watch TV. My favorite was the beautiful patio. I enjoyed the stay there. There is a nice common kitchen, well equipped. The place is a jem and I hope it will be able to afford some renovation in the future

• 13th Jan 2015

I was in Casa del Parque last week and i loved it!!! Everybody was so nice with me. Casa del Parque is located in the center of San José so you can come an go easily, near of museums, parks and supermarkets, with a lovely enviroment who gives you peace and calm. The infrastructure is a piece of art, carefully maintained so everyone can enjoy it, with a family atmosphere were you can feel like home! Thanks Roger and Federico for all your help during my stay at your beautiful house. XOXO DNS'

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

We stayed in a room with an adjacent bathroom. The room was in need of some repairs (broken bathroom fixtures, very dim lighting, missing glass in windows) but overall it's fine-a safe place to stay for a very affordable price. Beds are comfortable.

Hello, im sorry you had problems with the room, we will work hard to improve and fix these things you mention so the next person doesnt have this problem, them Dim lighting outside and on the living rooms and tv room are part of the aesthetics of the hostel the bathroom and windows we´ll fix right away

« first « Prev 1 2 3