Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

Nice location. Didn't feel dodgy at all. The hostel is in a really beautiful old building. They could do with a few more bathrooms though.

I loved this place! The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me get around San Jose safely. I felt very safe here, I would recommend this place to anyone. Plus, as an added bonus there is a resident cat and a beautiful park right across the street!

• 24th Jan 2015

I stayed there with my dad for a couple of nice and the atmosphere was nice and service was good, only downside is that there is only one bathroom but that was no biggie

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

The staff is helpful and the atmosphere was nice. My room was very big and comfortable, a bit dark though However, I would definitely recommend to change the windows and doors (one window was broken in a corner) to decrease traffic noise at night and increase security.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Casa del Parque. The staff were extremely helpful. The location was great, the Parque Nacional right beside is quite nice and you are a very short walk away from Avenue Central with many museums, shops, restaurants and fruit stands. The Hotel was really cool and historic with a great outdoor patio with a garden. They also have an awesome kitchen with so many appliances and a nice stove. Oh and the house cat was cool! We will be staying there again next month.

• 14th Jan 2015

I was in Casa del Parque last week and i loved it!!! Everybody was so nice with me. Casa del Parque is located in the center of San José so you can come an go easily, near of museums, parks and supermarkets, with a lovely enviroment who gives you peace and calm. The infrastructure is a piece of art, carefully maintained so everyone can enjoy it, with a family atmosphere were you can feel like home! Thanks Roger and Federico for all your help during my stay at your beautiful house. XOXO DNS'

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

We stayed in a room with an adjacent bathroom. The room was in need of some repairs (broken bathroom fixtures, very dim lighting, missing glass in windows) but overall it's fine-a safe place to stay for a very affordable price. Beds are comfortable.

Hello, im sorry you had problems with the room, we will work hard to improve and fix these things you mention so the next person doesnt have this problem, them Dim lighting outside and on the living rooms and tv room are part of the aesthetics of the hostel the bathroom and windows we´ll fix right away

It was a nice little hostel. Our private room was a bit dark and ugly, but it was quite clean. The guy working there was nice enough. They gave us decent information on the city.

A beautiful building, really helpful staff, great location. The lovely location and spaciousness of the building all felt like great respite from San jose. My family had a private room which was huge! The only problem I might mention is that on occasion the 2 toilets simply aren't enough for the amount of people staying there but because of the importance of the building no alterations can be made so they're stuck with this situation. I recommend it tho despite this

• 4th Jan 2015

This place is really very lovely. Excellent location, a quick walk to the center, but just outside and enough to feel a world away. Two blocks from a great strip of local bars, some with live music. A few very good restaurants within a few blocks also. Roger is really a great guy and will go out of his way to help with whatever you need. Wonderful experience and met so many great people there I stayed for a few extra days.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Good location, well equipped kitchen, overall nice and quiet hostel.

1 shower room and 2 toilets for about 12 beds. Manager civil at best. Staff not very knowledgeable. I'm sure there are much better places to stay in San Jose.

Hello, Im sorry to hear that the hostel did not meet your expectations, the house where you stayed is national patrimony since its one of the last house in the middle of city and in front of the park, the government doesn't let us make additions or rebuild the place that's why we have to make do with one bathroom, im also sorry the staff could answer all of your questions after all we are all human, we have travel guides which you can borrow, hope the rest of your travels was ok

Great location to stay while at San Jose, not in the middle of the hustle of downtown but safe to walk to/from and short distance to downtown. The house itself is very unique, vintage and welcoming. We loved the little communal garden. We stayed at a private room, which was huge but the creaky bed and floors were a bit uncomfortable though we loved the antique feel of the house. Overall it was great value for what we paid.

This is one of the finest establishments out there! It made San Jose one of my favorite cities! Great staff, and I mean AWESOME! Gorgeous and exceptionally Clean building with all the comforts of home. Amazing kitchen, beautiful garden for relaxing, wonderful, generous and beautiful people! Thanks for the songs and sunshine! And the endlessly tasty meals!!! Can't wait to come back! See you soon! :)

• 18th Dec 2014

The 10-bed-dorm has especially one window that cannot be closed or covered with anything, thus it was windy and quite cold in the dorm and I had to wear a pullover in my bed to feel warm enough, other guests were telling the same. The rest was fine.

• 15th Dec 2014

Hello, im sorry to hear you had problems with the shared dorm, the window you mention can be closed, its left open because the room heats up with the morning sun, you could have just told the staff and they would have closed it for you, i hope the rest of your vacation was to your liking

Hostel del Parque, in what was once someone's luxurious home across from Parque National, is one of the best places I've stayed, thus far, in Central America. It certainly has the best equiped kitchen I've seen in any hostel. And Roger, the manager, is extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel's an easy walk from many historic buildings, the main pedestrian shopping street and the wonderful market. That said, the hostel owners should improve, or fix the shower water heater.

Beautiful building, helpful and generous staff, very clean. The dorm room is exceptional: no bunk beds and plenty of personal space. Pleasantly social without being disruptive (not a party hostel). Definately one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

We (as a couple) really enjoyed our stay with this hostel, got a private room for a really cheap price and worth it and breakfast is include, you cant get better for the price and quality.

Beautiful hostel with a lot of spirit, history and atmosphere. It is on the quieter end of the hostel scale (suited me), but I still had plenty of interactions with the other guests. Well run in a very personable way, the place seems like a real labour of love. Could do with an extra bathroom, but I didn't have any problem accessing the shower or loos. Otherwise I can't fault the place; highly recommended.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great hostel if you want a chilled vibe, feels very homely.

« first « Prev 1 2 3