Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

Casa del Parque is our own little haven during our trip to Costa Rica. We are always coming back, choosing our next destination from there. The hostel is directly at Parque Nacional, you can walk into the centre easily. The warm welcome by Roger and Haylie (?), the beautiful garden terrace and the clean kitchen give enough space to relax after some exhausting traveling. Spacious communal areas in- and outside in Casa del Parque invite to relax after walking through busy San José.

• 8th Apr 2014

Between the friendliness and willingness to assist of the staff, the comfortable atmosphere and the company of the others guests we really felt like we had been a part of a unique and beautiful community for a few days.

• 8th Apr 2014

To start with, we booked this hostel through hostelworld for $45 and when we got there they charged us $60. We got there late and didn't know where else to stay so we just paid it. Our $60 got us the "private suite" which was upstairs and in the back of the hostel. The sheets on the bed had clearly not been cleaned in awhile and the room is right next to the road which was bustling with traffic all night. The staff was nice but the room was not worth $60 a night.

Great staff. Facilities could gave been better. But the last place I traveled was SE Asia two years ago so maybe, for the money, my expectations were too high. :/

- Very nice young, relaxed owners that make you feel comfortable - Great dorm (even if you don't like dorms, this one is cool, because you have space and NO bunkbeds) - Loved the TV area where we hang out in the evening and watched movies all together - Pretty central and still not noisy

We had an excellent stay at this hostel. A wonderful building with really good staff. Excellent all round!!!

• 19th Mar 2014

Helpful staff, nice atmosphere, but very-very basic facilities. Only one bathroom having a single shower.

An excellent option in San Jose. Especially nice as it's situated on one of the city's nicer green spaces.

• 16th Mar 2014

I stayed in this hostel twice, first at the beginning of my stay in Costa Rica, then at the end. First I didnt understand why the hostel had such high ratings after travelling through asia etc. The truth is that this hostel belongs to the top of what you get there. I didnt like San Jose at all, Id avoid it next time but if you need a place to stay shortly over there, this should be the right choice

Fabulous hostel. Extend shut down to 11pm.

LOVE this hostel. 5 star location right on the National Park, safe and easy to get everywhere. This place has attentive staff, a lovely garden and nice rooms. It's a historic building and while everything is not new, it's charming well, tended and very clean. I stayed in the dorms - they are spacious, comfortable and lights out at 10pm so you can get good rest (there is a room you can stay up in after 10). Wifi is excellent and the place is spacious overall. I highly recommend. Not for partiers.

The room was a bit dark due to it´s huge size but only one ceiling light. It´s also close to a railway station so we heard the warning signals of the trains. But we didn´t mind. Instead we extended our stay there.

Nice hostel, felt safe. Staff were helpful and friendly. Dorm felt so clean and safe, nice atmosphere. We were only spending one night in San Jose on our way to Manuel Antonio but the hostel was perfect for what we needed. They also had a cat!

My sister and I loved this hostel. Roger was super nice and helpful and the hostel itself was great. Highly recommended if you are staying in San Jose.

• 28th Feb 2014

PERFECT!!!!!!

every travelguide book will tell you san jose is not at all worth staying, ugly and unsave, but if you have to stay a night due to bus connection or you just want to cure your jetlack this hostel is the place to go!! you got an amazing view on the park right in front of the hostel, the common room reminds you of the old colonial times and local art decorates the walls. The ten bed dorms are spacy and bright, perfect to rest inand not to feel cramped in one corner. all you need is near by.

• 21st Feb 2014

Lovely house although a bit far out from the city centre itself and the bus station for La Fortuna. Good enough for an overnight stay. Luckily no bunk beds in the shared dorm but individual stand alone beds.

Absolutely loved the place! Great atmosphere, beautiful building, and great large rooms.

I only stayed in Hostel Casa del Parque for one night before my flight back home. Certainly the best hostel I stayed in in Costa Rica, and potentially ever at such a reasonable price! The place was grand, clean and well looked after. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The only potential downside is limited bathrooms, but I did not find this an issue at all even when the hostel was fully booked. Highly recommended and I would certainly stay again.

This is a great hostel!! Very helpfull and friendly staff... I would definately stay here again!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3