Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

This is one of the finest establishments out there! It made San Jose one of my favorite cities! Great staff, and I mean AWESOME! Gorgeous and exceptionally Clean building with all the comforts of home. Amazing kitchen, beautiful garden for relaxing, wonderful, generous and beautiful people! Thanks for the songs and sunshine! And the endlessly tasty meals!!! Can't wait to come back! See you soon! :)

• 18th Dec 2014

Hostel del Parque, in what was once someone's luxurious home across from Parque National, is one of the best places I've stayed, thus far, in Central America. It certainly has the best equiped kitchen I've seen in any hostel. And Roger, the manager, is extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel's an easy walk from many historic buildings, the main pedestrian shopping street and the wonderful market. That said, the hostel owners should improve, or fix the shower water heater.

Beautiful building, helpful and generous staff, very clean. The dorm room is exceptional: no bunk beds and plenty of personal space. Pleasantly social without being disruptive (not a party hostel). Definately one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

We (as a couple) really enjoyed our stay with this hostel, got a private room for a really cheap price and worth it and breakfast is include, you cant get better for the price and quality.

Beautiful hostel with a lot of spirit, history and atmosphere. It is on the quieter end of the hostel scale (suited me), but I still had plenty of interactions with the other guests. Well run in a very personable way, the place seems like a real labour of love. Could do with an extra bathroom, but I didn't have any problem accessing the shower or loos. Otherwise I can't fault the place; highly recommended.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great hostel if you want a chilled vibe, feels very homely.

fantastic place! Staff were the best ever, so personally caring! inner spring mattresses = happy sleep!!

• 13th Nov 2014

The house itself is very nice but it is a little loud though. The staff was ok but I had the feeling that I disturbed them when I had questions. The atmosphere was not that nice but that was because of the people who were staying there. Only very few were openminded and open for talks.

We booked the offered airport pick up.But nobody showed up.They offered it for 29USD. First Taxi driver at the airport said 30USD. So it would not have been a great deal anyway. Our PRIVATE room was above the garage with no door. Staff started drinking on the terrace in the afternoon and after a while they were really drunk and loud. Can not recomment this place

Great atmosphere, close to a sweet park, Roger cooks a mean breakfast. Place was really nice inside, it had a cool historic feel and was very comfortable. Price was right and we felt very secure inside. We brought our 9 month old son and he was crawling around meeting new friendly people.

• 29th Oct 2014

Everything is more than excellent! It's the best hostel I've been to in quite a while. Super clean and the staff is amazing. I recommend this place to everyone

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Costa Rica

I arrived late and tried the buzzer, and started to get quite worried when they didn't answer and all the windows were dark. I waited almost 10 minutes for someone to come let me in. In the following days it was hard to find staff around - sometimes they left completely. When I did find a staff member, they weren't the most friendly. I also found that most of the people in the hostel were pretty quiet, it's not the best place to socialize.

Good stay. Staff nice, and the building was great. Room clean, bathroom could be improved. Bed was comfy though, overall we would recommend it! Great value for a short stay!

I stayed only one night but they made me feel like home... there is only one shower but the rest of the house is well decorated and the staff is great

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Costa Rica

had a great time at hostel casa del parque, kitchen is fully equipped and there are no bunk beds! will visit again

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Costa Rica

Unbelievable, our 3rd time there. Staff does all they can to accommodate your needs and to make you feel at home. Cleanlinest hostle we have been to!! Will definitely return!

The location and the price was very good. The staff helped me out when I asked for help, but I didn't feel like questions were welcome. More like it bugged them and their attitute were not very friendly. The owner of the hostel though was nice and the taxi driver that works for the hostel was awesome. The shower only had cold water and the toilet didn't work properly when I was there. It's a calm and nice place though with chill atmosphere.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Everything was great I just wish they had one more shared bathroom with a shower.

Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff. Locals were a bit confused about the park name, referred to it as 'parque central'. Safe, secure hostel. Good international ambiance! Highly recommend staying there!!

The poem 'A Walk Through Paradise' by Dohren comes to mind when thinking about this little hidden gem in San Jose. Shielded from the brittle greyness of the brick jungle outside, you walk into a beautiful home from home, covered in greenery and smiling faces. Sit in the garden long enough and you'll see the humming birds paying their daily visit.

• 6th Sep 2014