Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

In all my travels up and down South and Central America, this hostel ranks in the top three ever that I've stayed at. Big rooms and a great atmosphere, if you want to go to bed at a reasonable hour, quiet hours start at 10, but if you want to stay up later, there is a room with a flatscreen and you can always find great company there.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Casa del Parque is a wonderful little hostel close to all main bus stations and a very short walk to downtown San Jose. There are several good and inexpensive places to eat nearby although there is a kitchen in the hostel itself. The staff is incredibly friendly and have all your answers. It is very cozy and has a nice tv room with comfy couches. There is a nice little outdoor patio in the back. I have things with them for weeks at a time as I made trips around costa rica and never had a problem

• 18th Aug 2014

Most beautiful hostel I've stayed at in Central America. Enormous house, homey feeling and beautiful backyard. The dorm has normal, single beds as opposed to bunk beds. I am going back in a couple of weeks actually -- liked it that much.

The house was gorgeous! I wish I could see how it looked in its glory days. I loved that there were plants everywhere. The common areas were comfortable and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. Wish I had spent more time chatting with them! The only minor issue I had was with the bathrooms. The on-demand water heater shower heads were haphazardly wired and zapped my tall boyfriend. Could use some updates, but very charming hostel.

• 11th Aug 2014

The hostel has a good location and is very nice house. Facilities are good. Everything quite excellent. The only thing is the noise from the disco nearby which unberable. It's non stop until 4 am. If you want to have a good sleep better take hearplugs with you.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

We are sorry you had problems sleeping, we are working with the city health official to reduce the sound from the bar 3 blocks away from us so the sonic contamination is reduced, we hope the rest of your vacation in the country was great.

Staff was very accommodating with directions and helping us catch the correct bus to La Fortuna. There is only one shower in the establishment for about 14ish peoplem which was not ideal. Nice outdoor patio and reading room area.

Having to pay for a towel was disappointing, "king bed" was actually 2 twins put side by side, people were loud at night, staff not very friendly and acted like we were bothering them by checking in to the hostel.

• 19th Jul 2014

Hello, Im sorry our little place did not expectations, please have in mind that we are hostel not a hotel, all of city hostels and beach places dont include towels in our case we charge a simbolic amount of $2 to cover the cost of washing and drying, im sorry that was steep for you, we cant control other peoples voices but we do shut down at ten so we all rest, and I can assure we do mind checking people in, sorry if you felt it that way I hope the rest of your vacation In CR was Good

I really liked the hostel. Staff spoke english which was a big help. The place was clean and very nice. Only downside was there appeared to be only two bathrooms in the while place, so finding one open was rare. Other than that great experience, would definitely stay there again.

• 13th Jul 2014

The hostel was wonderful. And especially the garden was absolutely beautiful. :-) The atmosphere was relaxing, peaceful and inspiring, it was like a beautiful little oasis in the middle of San Jose. :-) The staff were very friendly and enormously helpful. :-) And the hostel is located very centrally in San Jose with the museums, theatres, university, shopping, bars, and restaurants in short walking distance. And best of all, the beautiful national park is located right outside the hostel doorste

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

This hostel is beautiful! It is located in walking distance to the main street, markets, and right beside a beautiful park. The building itself is a beautiful old home equipped with all the modern amenities you could ask for! There is a TV room for relaxing, a fully equipped kitchen,and a lovely outside sitting area. The staff are VERY friendly and helpful, and the rooms clean and comfortable. There is a very relaxed feel, it feels like you are hanging out at a friends house! I loved it!

• 9th Jul 2014

Good hostel, very relaxed with helpful staff. Not a party hostel but a great place to meet people!

Very secure atmosphere. Quiet chill place

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Casa Del Parque was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in - the accommodations were gorgeous. The ambience is natural and peaceful. It's not a place to kick off your shoes after getting wasted - it's peaceful, the staff is small, personable and friendly, and the location is great. There is a small cinema two blocks away (Magaly), as well as the best coffee I found in San Jose (La Vida). The university district is in walking distance, and the museums are a short 5-10 minute walk.

The facility is really beautiful for a hostel, but there are not enough bathrooms for the guest capacity. Unfortunately, that is my lasting impression of the hostel. Also, it would be nice if there were a breakfast service.

We stayed for one night after we arrived in Costa Rica and plan on staying there the night before we leave. It's a great stop over place but San Jose isn't the best place to spend a lot of time. Over all, this hostel was great for our purpose, they even sent a cab to get us at the airport. People planning on a long stay be prepared for creaky beds!

The staff are excellent! Couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. The location is great too.

When we arrived, there was no electricity in this area of the city. We were very tired too, because of our jetlag, so we went to sleep directly. The next day, we saw that the room wasn't clean. We payed around $40, our private bathroom was not cleaned before us, the sheets on the bed didn't feel fresh and next to our bed I found a condompaper....

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Hello from hostel casa del parque. Im sorry you had a bad experience upon your arrival, its impossible for us to predict when the entire sector of the city is gonna have a blackout, I can assure you that we wash the bedding everyday and although they a little old they are clean. As far for the condom wrapper i dont know how it got there since the bedding is changed daily, we would have take care of the situation right away, i hope the rest of your travels in CR was of your liking.

Nice place with kitchen, well located... Good hostel!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Roger runs this hostel. He is extremely helpful in giving any information you may need and even will help plan your trip! It's a safe place, clean, friendly, and comfortable. I will definitely go back when in San Jose.

I enjoyed my stay. It was very tranquilo, not a party place if looking for one. The colonial big house atmosphere is nice. The only gripe would be 1 shower and 2 toilets for a lot of people so there is a queue in the mornings. Worth the stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4