Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

only one shower for dormitory and "private room" is too little i think. also the private room was not very private. Taxi service was excellent, but the staff wasn't very happy with our many questions and not very helpful.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Austria

This is a great hostel. The building is an old mansion and it's beautiful. Staff is fanatic! Very helpful with recommendations and very accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely old converted house and courtyard. I would stay there again :)

• 26th Jan 2016

Casa del Parque is an amazing hostel to stay at in SJ. Rodger who runs the place is extremely informative and helpful. They will help you get anywhere you want to go and can tell you most anything about Costa Rica. The location is in a safe and surprisingly beautiful area with the National Park directly across the street. You'll find cool, random things happening in the park and can walk around and soak up the city due to its central location. if you're in SJ, stay here! You will surely be happy

• 22nd Jan 2016

Great hostel. Nice atmosphere very friendly and helpfull staff.

Good hostel.good location. Staff that cares.WiFi should be upstairs. Jason.

Very nice hostel with awesome and very helpful staff (pretty much reorganized our whole trip, thanks for that!) and nice talks with the owner! It's situated a little bit outside of the shopping zone and has a quiet and friendly atmosphere. Perfect, if you seek a quiet and less turbulent party stay. Further it's fairly clean, the lady can be seen cleaning throughout the whole day. Facilities are okay, could be a little more but considering an old villa it's absolutely fine!

Shower was cold, but the staff helped me out and let me use a different shower. The house itself is very nice, probably one of the more visually appealing hostels I've stayed in. Good internet, good kitchen. Train tracks sound kinda close but the train is so loud I think you can hear it anywhere. Wasn't too bothersome. I was hoping a bus station to get to the airport was really close since I was leaving really early in the morning, but I ended up having their driver take me for 29$.

• 12th Jan 2016

This hostel is great! The staff is very friendly, the beds are clean and it is in a very good area in San Jose. Close to everything and nice bars and restaurants around. It is a beautiful old house in front of the national park. I can highly recommend it!

This is a very simple explanation from a person who has travelled and lived in many places. THIS hostel is wonderful. be ready to relax... take your time. I found that the influx of people going and coming with all these wonderful stories had their moment to talk and we all wound up being able to learn from each other. it is a place for thinkers and those in love with conversation....

• 8th Jan 2016

A beautiful home-style place in the heart of the city and a short walk from most major bus routes, and the kitchen is equipped to cook any meal. Fantastic staff, comfy lounge area, and great pricing. Definitely ny favorite hostel I've been to in San José. Would stay again!

• 30th Dec 2015

I thought the hostel was great. Quiet location close to city action. Great helpful staff. Sure there were only a couple bathrooms but just be mindful of it and others. Like living in a nice big house.

Superb! Just like home... They have this cat that bullies the dog, it was hillarious, went right to my instagram, the dorn is clean and comfy... Not too crowded either, shame about the one bathroom but manageable, definitely will stay again

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Costa Rica

This beautiful hostel is in a great location, right by a small park, great restaurant next door and within walking distance to the centre. I have no complaints about cleanliness, but it was sometimes annoying sharing the shower (I think there is only one between all the guests?) I did have the privilege of speaking with the owner and he was very passionate about customer care; they were very helpful about organising my river rafting trip to Tortuguero and a forward journey to La Fortuna.

Casa Del Parque is the only Hostel I ever come to in San Jose. I have stayed more times then i can remember and should have left many reviews before now. They are like family, feeling safe and genuinely cared for. Roger the administrator has done so many favours for me. I give them a perfect rating as you cannot put a measurement on how comfortable I feel there and how much effort goes into making all their customers happy.

• 14th Dec 2015

I went on a business trip with a friend, it was a delightfull experience, they have this jazzycat and a playfull that makes this place so homelike, will definitely comeback whenever i have to go to san jose

• Costa Rica

Only one common bathroom and the dirtiest i have seen in all my travel (that includes europe, turkey, india, vietnam, us). Roger has a very unpleasant behavior, but the garden restaurant staff was truly amazing. For the conditions, it's quite overpriced.

• 14th Dec 2015

I had an excellent stay at Hostel Casa del Parque. Roger is an amazing host who made the hostel feel like a home away from home. highly recommended!!

• 11th Dec 2015

Our room was right next to the front door, which was VERY squeeky when it opened, and between that and the traffic just outside it was hard to get a good nights sleep. There was only one bathroom for the hostel, which ran out of toilet paper during the night. The woman at the desk was helpful, but l this was our least favorite of the 5 hostels we stayed at during our trip.

Hello, im sorry to hear our place did not meet your expectations, first i want to remind you (after i told you twice when we gave you the tour of the house) that we have a two more bathrooms that you can use, next please please talk to us so we can help you and second, you chose the room in the room when you were given the option to pick, this house is national patrimony, almost 100 years old and im sorry if the hand crafted forged metal door squeaked a little

I stayed for 10 days in a private room with bathroom and not once the room was cleaned by the hostel staff. They only clean the shared bathroom and common areas. The room was big and comfortable, but also a bit dark and mouldy.

hello julianna, im sorry our hostel did not meet your expectations.. you did stayed here 10 days, but you always left in the morning and came back at night and never authorized us to come into the room and clean... as you saw we wash the sheets everyday but you never handed in yours... this is a hostel not a hotel, im sorry your first experience in a hostel may have been a shock to you i hope the rest of your travels turned out ok

« first « Prev 1 2 3