Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

Beautiful building with a pleasant range of facilities. Great sitting down options. Very bubbly friendly staff. The pet dog basically runs the place so if you enjoy dogs eating your food off your plate then you are going to have a smashing time!

I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was great and very helpful.

• 19th Jul 2015

The bathroom didn't look very clean and it didn't have toilet paper. Also, the bed was terribly unconfortable. But the house is beautiful and the staff was amazing! It is also very well located (near parks and restaurants, perfect for a walk), so despite the inconvenience, I would recomend it.

The staff here was very helpful and attentive. There were the usual great parade of travelers.. Great conversations. This place has so much potential. Centrally located, fairly easy to find, the house has so much potential, beautiful old house, well laid out..... BUT... first the beds/mattresses... I can sleep on a mat, but I could not sleep on those mattresses. Also, the house was in ill repair and just not kept very clean. I've stayed in a lot of hostels. Atmosphere here great, cleanliness not

• 12th Jul 2015

First warm shower I had in days and I loved the feel of sleeping in a mansion. The staff were super friendly and helpful, even offered me wine and a good discussion of the place. If you want to feel a little classy in the hostel and play with a cute dog, this place is for you.

• 12th Jul 2015

Nice hostel which felt like living in a home for a bit. We stayed in the dorm upstairs which was too noisy and too much light (it was a big open space without door). Also, only 1 (cold ish) shower which had to be shared with the 13 bed dorm + a few rooms from downstairs. Garden patio and common areas very nice, but facilities could be better.

Hostel Del Parque is by far the best hostel experience I've had in Costa Rica. Roger, the on-site manager, and Fred, the owner, are so friendly, helpful, laid-back, engaging and just a joy to talk to. I felt extremely safe leaving my luggage and items in the ten bed room while exploring (even unlocked- though there is a locker available). Coming into this hostel was like coming into a family. Adorable Clara, the house kitty, snuggled with me on my first night and made me feel right at home.

• 30th Jun 2015

The best thing about the place is that it feels like home! The staff is like family and are willing to help in everything! Roger is the man!

Pros: Hostel nice and in a great location, just a few minutes walk to the centre of town with supermarkets just a few mins away and a short taxi ride to the bars of San Pedro. Cons: the water basically didn't work most of the day (i.e. Between 9 & 5) so had to go two days without a shower, cannot bring beer into hostel and they charge 1.5 times the price as the supermarket, have to leave passport or a $60 deposit for a key. Neutral: there is a crazy German shepherd puppy

Brilliant!

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

Great location but the dorm room is very noisy with all the traffic from the street.

nice place! i had wonderful time! thanks for everything!

• 6th Jun 2015

This feels more like a guesthouse than a hostel. The location is good, just 15 min walk to the city center. Shops and restaurants nearby. Security is good (looked doors, lockers, camera etc.). There's only one big dorm. And only two bathrooms (one shower). That can lead to some cues in the morning, or evening. Wifi is good, but not available all over the place. Overall good for one or two days. Depending on the people you can have a very good time, though.

Absolutely gorgeous hostel in a hip part of town. When I walked in I thought it looked like a palace! The kitchen is nice and the back patio was great. No internet in the room, but that wasn't a huge deal. A bit of a hike from the bus terminal but definitely doable and I felt safe walking to and from the hostel. A few places to eat nearby and a couple shops. I would stay here again.

Lovely staff, beautiful space. Very convenient location.

• 31st May 2015

Absolutely enjoyed staying here! Walking distance from the majority of well known sites. The staff was incredibly hepful and was greeted at the door. The atmosphere was calmly and so friendly. Everything went really well and enjoyed staying here throughout my stay.

Was only here for one night but the people I met were super friendly, as was the owner, and as this was my first day in Costa Rica it was the perfect start because I felt welcome and comfortable and at home immediately. Highly recommend this place as friendly and chilled and easygoing

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Its amazing - it feels like a home away from home with lots of space to relax, including an outdoor garden, a comfy TV room, drinks for sale and a very well equipped kitchen. The rooms are HUGE. We had the double with private bathroom - amazing. The location is also great - super close to museums and some amazing street art. The staff are also super friendly and helpful. Would highly re

This hostel is amazing. Feels like a luxury hotel, but with hostel price. The host, Roger, is really kind and charming. We were supposed to stay one night but we loved the place so much so we stayed three nights. Would go back anytime, and we hardly recommend this place for anyone going in San Jose. The location is amazing, the place is beautiful and the staff are cool!!! Definitely 5 stars.

The staff are really helpful and it is excellent place to stay for this price. I recommended to book trips by them as well - very good organisation, easy and convenient. One of the top hostel on my list ! :D

• 13th May 2015