Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

Casa Del Parque is located in a really nice area of San Jose. The surrounding area feels really safe, and is across from a really cool park. The private room we stayed in was massive and really spacious. The only problem was we couldn't close the windows (broken) which allowed some mosquitos to enter at night. Sharing the kitchen was easy, and they have a beautiful porch outside to enjoy your meal in the sun. It's a quiet hostel, which gives you some time for yourself. The guy at reception was r

What a lovely hostel! Fred, the owner, was an excellent host. Everything was clean. They provided a very relaxed, secure place for us to stay just seconds from downtown San Jose. Would definitely return :)

Very classy and elegant Casa. Spacious dormitory with all beds at floor level. I will return.

A good hostel, but can be a little noisy at night and the 10pm go to bed rule is a bit harsh. Staff are very helpful when tours are messed up (by the tour company). Needs more showers.

Friendly staff... i dont know if I'd recommend San Jose in general, but this place is clean and quiet with some good communal areas. Probably a good place to start off. About a 20-25 minute walk to the city center strip/bus stations.

Good location, very near the San Carlos bus terminal (which takes you to the Caribbean and La Fortuna). It's a quiet hostel so if you're looking to get some sleep then this place is good. Wifi is fast and it is near a decent supermarket. Only problem: there are only 2 showers for the entire hostel, and the showers are not very good / not very clean.

Very nice building. We had a big room. Needs a bit of repair/restauration to become a very good hostel

Very nice place to stay in in San Jose. A peaceful place where you can relax and in the meantime very good location, very close from the center in front of a nice park ( Nacional Parque). Nice atmosphere, the owner is really friendly and willing to help anytime. I have been quiet a bit traveling in hostel and I can guarantee that this is the best one I have done so far. Clean place, pretty garden, safe and a nice mix of people there. I strongly recommend. I had a very good time.

• 31st Dec 2013

Great hostel with a vey homely feel to it. Owner was very helpful!

• 27th Dec 2013

I came from Australia to visit family and friends, after a 20 hour trip Hostel Casa del Parque was THE PLACE to stay. The place is very clean, close to everything you need and staff are friendly. The most important thing is that it is a quiet place where I was able to get all the rest I needed before continuing my journey. I strongly recommend you stay at this hostel for convenience and security. After meeting Federico, the owner I know I have a new friend.

• 15th Nov 2013

Awesome atmosphere, great people and a beautiful house. Can't wait to get back to Casa del Parque!

my stay, once again at Hostel Casa del Parque was FANTASTIC. the owner federico as always was as friendly, nice outgoing and personable as you could imagine. sonia, the woman that does the cleaning was incredible too. shes as sweet as they come. i actually stayed at this place for about 6 weeks straight and LOVED LOVED LOVED every minute of it. i CANNOT recommend this place enough. check it out. you wont be sorrry.

I've been going down to Costa Rica for 18 years and this is by far the best place to stay for the money you spend. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and do whatever they can to help you with whatever you need. The location is also just as excellent. You're within walking distance to everything you could possibly need and want. I highly recommend staying with Freddie and the rest of the gang.

• 7th Nov 2013

This hostel is amazing! Everything was clean and organized! The staff is very friendly and helpful, they told me a bunch of great places to check out around the city. One of the best hostels I've ever been to!

Hostel Casa del Parque is amazing! The location is unbeatable, the atmosphere is calm and relaxing, and the staff made me feel right at home. It was like staying with close friends! They helped me plan my trip, book tours, and take care of everything I needed. The place is peaceful; a perfect sanctuary in the middle of everything. I highly recommend Casa del Parque to anyone visiting Costa Rica!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Costa Rica

Great Hostel located at the heart of San Jose. You won't get anything better for that price: clean, internet, safe. The owner is a little bit eccentric, but that's a good thing. He was always trying to make us feel at home. Two thumbs up!

Beautiful place, awesome people. A home in San Jose gor sure. I'll be back

• 1st Nov 2013

This was my second time at CdP. I stayed there 2 years ago when I was teaching English in the area. It served as my home base before I found an apartment. It was great to be back! Nothing has changed, the place is an oasis in a hectic city. It's super affordable, very clean, and the staff there (especially the owner Freddy) help you feel comfortable and at home. I've recommended this place to a few of my friends who traveled through San Jose and they had a very positive experience too. Thanks!

• 26th Oct 2013

I had a great stay at the Hostel. I've travelled a lot, and this is one of my favorite hostels in the world, along with Equator in Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps it's just that I really liked Costarrican people, but the atmosphere was always friendly, the garden in the back is just beautiful, and the service was great. Not only that, but Federico (the owner/manager) was very helpful with his advice for tours to the Volcanoes. In general, I just had lots of fun. 10/10!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Chile

Casa Del Parque is the kind of hostel that you hope for when you are traveling in a foreign country. Not only is it really clean and well kept, but the staff there know so much about where to eat, sights to see and adventures to take. We actually met the owner (Freddy) and he is really informative regarding Costa Rican History and culture. I would recommend Casa Del Parque to anyone who wants to experience the true Tico hospitality and culture that Costa Rica has to offer.

• 24th Oct 2013