Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

Roger runs this hostel. He is extremely helpful in giving any information you may need and even will help plan your trip! It's a safe place, clean, friendly, and comfortable. I will definitely go back when in San Jose.

I enjoyed my stay. It was very tranquilo, not a party place if looking for one. The colonial big house atmosphere is nice. The only gripe would be 1 shower and 2 toilets for a lot of people so there is a queue in the mornings. Worth the stay.

I like the location of this hostel. It is walking distance to downtown, but it is next to a park so that you don't hear all the noise.

First and last place we stayed in Costa Rica. Amazing place very beautiful and historic, great rooms! Roger was awesome very nice and very helpful. Totally feel like I made good friends with the staff! This is the only place to stay in San Jose. :)

• 11th Jun 2014

This hostel was well-run, welcoming, and overall a very nice place to stay. A great location, right in the center of the city, a few blocks from many museums and things to see. Definitely worth a visit!

• 10th Jun 2014

I stayed at Casa del Parque for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay! I would have to say that their beds are the best I've slept on in a hostel!! The staff were knowledgeable and friendly, the house itself was stunning and facilities were clean and well maintained. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone passing through San Jose!

A friend and a stayed in here the first nights in costa rica before we started our trip. as it was so nice, i stayed here before my flight back again. it is a very lovely place. by the way, the staff has some great information about other places in costa rica you might visit. ask them and you will get really good recommendations! thanks, franziska ;)

• 24th May 2014

The Hostel is pretty modern, the people which work at the hostel are very kind and outgoing, good locations near to every thing.

We stayed multiple nights at this peaceful hostel. The staff was excellent with helping us get around the city, really friendly. We have really missed having a kitchen to cook in, this hostel provided us with free coffee early every morning and the kitchen was a great place to cook. The hostel is an old classy mansion converted to accommodate multiple sleeping areas, a nice alternative to the party hostels.

This is a unique place, a beautiful house filled with art and stories, a lovely patio to drink coffee and make new friends, with the vida attitude. Must be the good vibe of the place, everyone just gets along, shares food and music. I made so many friends, I ended up staying a week, using this as my home base between my excursions, every Time i came back, i was welcomed as if i was part of the family..Federico and Roger are amazing people and they know how to make you feel special. So enjoy!

• 20th May 2014

Casa del Parque worked as a one-nighter hostel. Although clean, and with helpful staff, there is only one bathroom with weak water pressure and noise was our number one complaint. Unless you have ear plugs, expect extreme amounts of street noise and very squeaky bed frames that will wake you up any time someone rolls over. If that doesn't bother you, then pack a pair of ear plugs, as the location is within walking distance of all that you would care to see in San Jose, ie the Central Avenida.

Hello, we are sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping, we are working with the city health official to reduce the noise from the street and the bars, we´ll take a look at the beds as well, thanks for your comments we hope the rest of your trip in Costa Rica was wonderfull

This is a very pretty hostel with the best/ most helpful staff I have encountered. They helped set up tours, give us directions, and recommend activities. Plus, the hostel is a good walking distance from the main things to see in San Jose. The private room we had was lovely, and the other travelers were very friendly ( easy to make friends here). There is only 1 shared shower for most of the people, but if you time it right there should be no problem getting to use it.

Pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this hostel was for the price. The dorm is beautiful with wood flooring and clean beds, and a nice TV room to relax in. It would have been nice to have the option of renting locks or having the option of leaving valuables with the management while going out for the day. I definitely would recommend this hostel to friends.

shower, noise, sheets

Hello, we are sorry to hear that our hostel did not meet your expectations the second time you booked with us. We apologize about the noise that disturbed your sleep, we are working with the city health officials to control sound pollution from the bar 3 blocks away that may have caused you a bad night. I hope the rest of your trip in Costa Rica was great and the travel itinerary we helped you make was to your liking.

i think the cat runs everywhere as in it runs into your room if the door is open even for a second and the cats sits everywhere and i was bitten by fleas several times in the common area room. when my personal belongings were relocated from the room i was staying in to the room i was relocated to my personal belongings were REMOVED from my room and not put in my suitcase for save keeping but rather intentionally put out to share with other guests of the hostel and i am very upset about this.

• 13th May 2014

Hello, im sorry to hear you disliked us having to check you out, but you knew you had switch rooms that saturday because there was no space on that room since it was previously booked but you left for the day we had to clean for the next guest, sonia and I personally put everything back in your suitcase and left it in the office next to us to keep it safe. We take the cat to the vet regularly for her shots and anti flea drops, no other guest has complained about it also we fumigate every wed

What an amazing place to stay in San Jose! The building was beautiful, the staff were friendly and super helpful! Very very accommodating and hospital to my partner and I. We will definitely stay here again. LoveTribe!

• 13th May 2014
  • andybabbmusic

Very Nice place!!! Everything was great!!! Only little thing is that the 10 person dorm only has 1 shower, the beds make a lot of notice and the wi-fi doesn't get to many places in the house! Those are just details... The place was really great!!!

Bathrooms and kitchens need work. There should be wifi upstairs. More outlets.

Casa del Parque is a beautiful hostel which feels more like a boutique hotel. It is really well maintained so does not feel like the typical hostel (no bunks!). Great common areas

Definitely recommend this place if you want to stay in San Jose. Roger was really helpful in helping to organise tours however seems like tours in Costa Rica are quite pricey in general so beware! There aren't a lot of other places are town you can get tour info. Wasn't aware there was a cat living inside the house too so this place isn't for you if you are allergic to cats, I didn't see this before I booked but Roger upgraded us to a private room with a discount which was nice. Good showers!