Hostel Casa del Parque Reviews

Calle 19 Avenida 3era Casa, In front of the northestern corner of National Par, San Jose, Costa Rica

The hostel was wonderful. And especially the garden was absolutely beautiful. :-) The atmosphere was relaxing, peaceful and inspiring, it was like a beautiful little oasis in the middle of San Jose. :-) The staff were very friendly and enormously helpful. :-) And the hostel is located very centrally in San Jose with the museums, theatres, university, shopping, bars, and restaurants in short walking distance. And best of all, the beautiful national park is located right outside the hostel doorste

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

This hostel is beautiful! It is located in walking distance to the main street, markets, and right beside a beautiful park. The building itself is a beautiful old home equipped with all the modern amenities you could ask for! There is a TV room for relaxing, a fully equipped kitchen,and a lovely outside sitting area. The staff are VERY friendly and helpful, and the rooms clean and comfortable. There is a very relaxed feel, it feels like you are hanging out at a friends house! I loved it!

• 9th Jul 2014

Good hostel, very relaxed with helpful staff. Not a party hostel but a great place to meet people!

Very secure atmosphere. Quiet chill place

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Casa Del Parque was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in - the accommodations were gorgeous. The ambience is natural and peaceful. It's not a place to kick off your shoes after getting wasted - it's peaceful, the staff is small, personable and friendly, and the location is great. There is a small cinema two blocks away (Magaly), as well as the best coffee I found in San Jose (La Vida). The university district is in walking distance, and the museums are a short 5-10 minute walk.

The facility is really beautiful for a hostel, but there are not enough bathrooms for the guest capacity. Unfortunately, that is my lasting impression of the hostel. Also, it would be nice if there were a breakfast service.

We stayed for one night after we arrived in Costa Rica and plan on staying there the night before we leave. It's a great stop over place but San Jose isn't the best place to spend a lot of time. Over all, this hostel was great for our purpose, they even sent a cab to get us at the airport. People planning on a long stay be prepared for creaky beds!

The staff are excellent! Couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. The location is great too.

When we arrived, there was no electricity in this area of the city. We were very tired too, because of our jetlag, so we went to sleep directly. The next day, we saw that the room wasn't clean. We payed around $40, our private bathroom was not cleaned before us, the sheets on the bed didn't feel fresh and next to our bed I found a condompaper....

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Hello from hostel casa del parque. Im sorry you had a bad experience upon your arrival, its impossible for us to predict when the entire sector of the city is gonna have a blackout, I can assure you that we wash the bedding everyday and although they a little old they are clean. As far for the condom wrapper i dont know how it got there since the bedding is changed daily, we would have take care of the situation right away, i hope the rest of your travels in CR was of your liking.

Nice place with kitchen, well located... Good hostel!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Roger runs this hostel. He is extremely helpful in giving any information you may need and even will help plan your trip! It's a safe place, clean, friendly, and comfortable. I will definitely go back when in San Jose.

I enjoyed my stay. It was very tranquilo, not a party place if looking for one. The colonial big house atmosphere is nice. The only gripe would be 1 shower and 2 toilets for a lot of people so there is a queue in the mornings. Worth the stay.

I like the location of this hostel. It is walking distance to downtown, but it is next to a park so that you don't hear all the noise.

First and last place we stayed in Costa Rica. Amazing place very beautiful and historic, great rooms! Roger was awesome very nice and very helpful. Totally feel like I made good friends with the staff! This is the only place to stay in San Jose. :)

• 11th Jun 2014

This hostel was well-run, welcoming, and overall a very nice place to stay. A great location, right in the center of the city, a few blocks from many museums and things to see. Definitely worth a visit!

• 10th Jun 2014

I stayed at Casa del Parque for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay! I would have to say that their beds are the best I've slept on in a hostel!! The staff were knowledgeable and friendly, the house itself was stunning and facilities were clean and well maintained. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone passing through San Jose!

A friend and a stayed in here the first nights in costa rica before we started our trip. as it was so nice, i stayed here before my flight back again. it is a very lovely place. by the way, the staff has some great information about other places in costa rica you might visit. ask them and you will get really good recommendations! thanks, franziska ;)

• 24th May 2014

The Hostel is pretty modern, the people which work at the hostel are very kind and outgoing, good locations near to every thing.

We stayed multiple nights at this peaceful hostel. The staff was excellent with helping us get around the city, really friendly. We have really missed having a kitchen to cook in, this hostel provided us with free coffee early every morning and the kitchen was a great place to cook. The hostel is an old classy mansion converted to accommodate multiple sleeping areas, a nice alternative to the party hostels.

This is a unique place, a beautiful house filled with art and stories, a lovely patio to drink coffee and make new friends, with the vida attitude. Must be the good vibe of the place, everyone just gets along, shares food and music. I made so many friends, I ended up staying a week, using this as my home base between my excursions, every Time i came back, i was welcomed as if i was part of the family..Federico and Roger are amazing people and they know how to make you feel special. So enjoy!

• 20th May 2014