Hostel Casagrande Santo Domingo Reviews

Calle Sanchez 254, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

This is a nice hostel, I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Service is friendly but slow (especially in the morning), but the courtyard is beautiful and there are three floors worth of common spaces to hang out in. Great beds, too.

• 5th Jul 2014

I thought that staff could be more helpful and friendly, much of then dont know to explain you how to go around or about good close places. Random people have access inside the hostel which makes security poor. It is well located. There was no much of good atmosphere because it was really empty. Cleanliness is not their main concern.

Fun place to stay! Easy to find and an excellent location. The staff were very helpful and I loved that there was someone at reception at all hours. Nice good looking dorm rooms with a personal fan. The pool is small but fun on the rooftop and there was fruit for breakfast every day. Would definitely stay here again. Bathrooms leave a little to be desired.

• 17th Jun 2014

The manager was able to speak English to me so I felt more comfortable as I had to find my way to Aeropuerto Punta Cana the next morning. Unfortunately we never found out that there was a STRIKE in the buses and motoconchos in the Provincia of Santo Domingo.... I was just coming back from La Samana .... This is NOT UNDERSTANDABLE to me.... How people who work with tourists all the time don't know about a major Bus strike in the city ???

Good location!

Hallo thanks I will back in one and half week and will stay again O.K? Ciao

• 6th Apr 2014

excellent budget hostel, would not hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends.

Good hostel, pretty decent location. Close to where you get ripped off because you're a tourist. Staff didn't speak any English so was a bit tough checking in. other then that good. "Breakfast" was crackers and coffee. Beds were clean, sorta a treehouse type of set up. Stacked bunkbeds. My girl dorm had a bamboo ladder to get to the upper level. There is a guard who is there all the time so I felt plenty safe. Kinda hard to find, doesnt really stand out at first.

This place has a huge potential. It's got a great location, a roof garden and plenty of common spaces. The problem is that the staff suck. It took about 15 minutes to check me in because they were working slower than slow motion. And during my entire stay they were more interested in their twitter feeds than acknowledging my presence at their desk. Unfortunately it seems to be a family business so it looks like the place is stuck with them.

This place is safe, comfortable and central. I like this place and if I come back to Santo Domingo will certainly want to come back here. It is a well managed hostel and the regular guy, is always on site to offer any help if you should need it. Thumbs up! from me.

Great place where to go, staff ok, hostel just in the middle of the Santo Domingo's nightlife!

besides me being only one of three people staying here, this place was awesome. EXCEPT the staff was awful. dude at the desk would get annoyed if i tried to talk to him because i was interrupting his texting. it happened repeatedly. pretty brutal. hopefully if you stay here it is full of travelers and that guy isn't working.

Stayed in both a private room and a dorm room. Private room was very clean, dorm room less so (litter remained under the bed for at least two weeks. Having said that I returned to stay in the dorm room as it is one of the cheapest places to stay. The main guy who was running the place was fairly helpful and spoke English. The rest of the staff not so. Location is good.

• 20th Jan 2014

Staff should be able to speak English, breakfasts should be prepared with a bit more effort and take good photos of a place - it looks amazing in real life, but on the website it looks just bad. With more people this place would be really cool to hang out.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Good. Go there and you will enjoy :)

problem with the bedding

A great option in Santo Domingo. They even have a big satellite package and I was able to watch my Denver Broncos take it to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Due to heavy rains, the dorm rooms on the bottom floor were full of mold and mildew and had no functioning electricity. BUT, the great staff easily moved me to another room. There are a ton of common areas, well lit and functional for groups or folks who need mini work stations. Shared bathrooms are cleaned daily but are each stall is extremely small and could not handle a person with disabilities. Local area is very touristy and prices are high for basics in supermkt and restaurants.

The best thing I like is the location - Right off the Conde (big pedestrian street) in the Zona Colonial. The staff is nice and helpful (but I can't say whether their English was good, since I was speaking Spanish). There's a tiny pool on the roof, and wifi (that I could get in the front common areas). Breakfast isn't free but there's tons of stuff to eat nearby. Overall I'd definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

View all Santo Domingo Hostels