Hostel Casona Poblana Reviews

16 de Septiembre 905, Puebla, Mexico

Very good location; the room was a bit tight and hot, but otherwise a very pleasant experience. A better hostel, but not the best.

Great hostel, really helpful and friendly staff. Excellent location.

• 11th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the location was great. It has a nice patio area to sit in. The only complaint is that the pillow cases looked old and a little stained, and one of the sheets was ripped. It was quiet while we were there, I think I saw 7 other guests, which could be a pro or con, depending on what you're looking for. I would stay here again.

Thank you for all of your help! My daughter and I felt comfortable staying here for the weekend. It felt like home!

• 20th Jun 2014

Cool and very clean place in a beautiful old colonial house two or three blocks from the Catedral in Centro Historico Puebla! Highly recommended if you need a quiet respite from DF or other partying--not a place to meet people. Great staff.

I like this place, it was an upscale, rustic hostel and I liked it. It´s 2 blocks from the center and it is in safe area, so you can walk around any time of day or night. The staff was very friendly and helpfull with any questions. The breakfast was good, but could include more options or be done in a buffet style. If I ever return to Puebla, I´ll definitely stay here again.

We stayed in a private room, which was clean and comfortable, a modest size but with plenty of shelves to store our things and so felt bigger. The staff were excellent - friendly, helpful and seem genuinely interested in chatting, and were very willing to help when we had questions about the area, how to get to places, recommendations etc (particularly the hostel owner, who recognised us from previous visit). Location is excellent - 5 mins from zocalo, plenty to do. Highly recommend it! :)

• 29th Mar 2014

The central street has a lot of traffic and so is very noisy and polluted, as you can heard from the patio and the crowded 12 beds dorm (without a fan and so you have to sleep with the open window). Breakfast is served late at 8,30. There is a kitchen and purified water, but their use aren't encouraged, especially in the morning.On the contrary you will be tempted by cakes and mexican food, sold at the door of the hostel. Poor atmosphere; you can meet the others guests at breakfast .

The staff at this hostel are all fantastic. Marco especially went out his way to make sure we were having a great time. They always have great suggestions for things to do, also. The location is excellent. The beds did creak quite a bit although the ensuite showers were pristine.

A Great Place to b in Puebla. Very clean. confy beds, great general area (very close to the main attractions) the GM and his staff ensure that ur stay in Casa Poblana is as confortable as can b. Puebla is a beautiful city and this hostel is part of it. When I visit Puebla I will return to Casa Poblana.