Hostel Casona Poblana Reviews

16 de Septiembre 905, Puebla, Mexico

Everything about the hostel was great. The one big problem was that there was noticeable mold in the bathroom. The smell was almost unbearable and two members had mold allergies and did not feel great in the morning.

Very interesting

This hostel ticked all the bixes for me with a great location, friendly staff and a nice room. I marked it down only o facilities in that I didnt see any kitchen facilities. Od happily have stayed longer if i could have.

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Dorm bed was a little bit dirty but i think it's average for a hostel. Has hot shower. Location is unbeatable. Will definitely stay there again if I return to Puebla.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • China

We were originally only going to stay here for 1 night, but extended our stay to 3 nights because the hostel was nice & Puebla's historic centre is beautiful. We had a double room with an ensuite, which was clean & a good size. The staff were really helpful (they organised for us to get our laundry done). The rate included breakfast of fresh orange juice, coffee, toast with jam, fruit (different each day) & cereal. The location was perfect for exploring the centre. Only downside was poor wifi

The hostel is in a great location. Close to the major attractions and close to stores, restaurants and bars. It's clean and comfortable. The common-area is a huge hall where also breakfast is served. Because that are is open to the outside (no doors) it gets chilly at night. The dorm-rooms are warm, though. The only downside of that hostel is the wacky wifi. It functions but isn't very fast nor stable.

it is very well located - about 2 blocks from the zocalo. it is a beautiful place but - when we stayed there - there were no computers available, sometimes it took a while to find staff to open the main door, the wifi did not work that well in the room. the private room was fine, good bathroom and shower.

The daytime staff was pleasant and helpful, but the man who worked nights was surly and unpleasant.

• 20th Jan 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very central and in a safe area. I miss a opportunity to relax there. Everything is very open. The femal dorm smelled quite as if there was fungus in the wall.

It was a nice hostel near to the city center. It was not that clean and the staff was not the nicest but did their job. We had some problems with the hot water what made us wait more than an hour. On the Hostelworld page they write about a washmashine you can use. But this is not true. They have a loundry service which is really good but costs a little bit more.

Great location, only a few blocks from Zocalo. The rooms and beds are clean, lockers are provided, although the building is not very secure so you might want to store all of the important stuff in the locker.

Nice place close to the zocalo. I met a lot of cool people here: families and solo travelers. The beds are comfy and the staff wrangled me an extra blanket when I was too cold. Breakfast is simple but nice. Main recommendation: bath mats in the bathroom. It was hard not to track water around the room after a shower and then things get a little dirty.

The biggest problem was when a hostel staff member pounded on my door at midnight (when I was sleeping) and woke me up so that he could take a mattress out of my room to give to another guest. Not okay! I suspect the guest was a last minute arrival, but I couldn't believe they would wake me in the middle of the night to do that. As they say in Africa, they love money too much! Also, my room was vary sparse, had no lockers, and I couldn't find any electrical outlets.

The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. They provided amazing guidance on what to do, see, and eat. Location was great and the place was clean. I recommend staying here.

Nice easy hostel. Good way to go out for dagtrips. Not a great nightlife in the hostel

This place felt oddly sterile and unwelcoming. The rooms were well done but I hardly saw anybody (staff or guests) while I stayed here. Would not recommend this place.

The staff is really great, they are always happy to help. The hostel's location is amazing, walking distance from the principal turistic spots. I would stay here again.

I felt very comfortable during my stayat the Hostal Casona Puebla because the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was great walking distance to the Zocalo and historical sites.