Hostel Casona Poblana Reviews

16 de Septiembre 905, Puebla, Mexico

It was a nice hostel near to the city center. It was not that clean and the staff was not the nicest but did their job. We had some problems with the hot water what made us wait more than an hour. On the Hostelworld page they write about a washmashine you can use. But this is not true. They have a loundry service which is really good but costs a little bit more.

Great location, only a few blocks from Zocalo. The rooms and beds are clean, lockers are provided, although the building is not very secure so you might want to store all of the important stuff in the locker.

Nice place close to the zocalo. I met a lot of cool people here: families and solo travelers. The beds are comfy and the staff wrangled me an extra blanket when I was too cold. Breakfast is simple but nice. Main recommendation: bath mats in the bathroom. It was hard not to track water around the room after a shower and then things get a little dirty.

The biggest problem was when a hostel staff member pounded on my door at midnight (when I was sleeping) and woke me up so that he could take a mattress out of my room to give to another guest. Not okay! I suspect the guest was a last minute arrival, but I couldn't believe they would wake me in the middle of the night to do that. As they say in Africa, they love money too much! Also, my room was vary sparse, had no lockers, and I couldn't find any electrical outlets.

The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. They provided amazing guidance on what to do, see, and eat. Location was great and the place was clean. I recommend staying here.

Nice easy hostel. Good way to go out for dagtrips. Not a great nightlife in the hostel

This place felt oddly sterile and unwelcoming. The rooms were well done but I hardly saw anybody (staff or guests) while I stayed here. Would not recommend this place.

The staff is really great, they are always happy to help. The hostel's location is amazing, walking distance from the principal turistic spots. I would stay here again.

I felt very comfortable during my stayat the Hostal Casona Puebla because the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was great walking distance to the Zocalo and historical sites.

Great location and really neat and clean. Staff helpfull and place to park motorcycle in the entrance hall. Breakfast is included and reasonable amount (light). Wi fi slow and intermittant. Can get a bit of road noise so not for light sleepers but this is the case in most hotels in ''centro'' areas.

I dont really like the fact that even the shower are mixt, its not large enough to change yourself in the shower and to put your clothe somewhere without being wet. 1 outlet for 12 person in a room. the light doesnt light much. The breakfast is include start at 8.30... so if you have to leave earlier theres no way to grab a fruit or a piece of bread you juste leave without your breakfast. Everything else is good the staff are nice and the room are spacious

Loved loved loved this place! Great location, great staff! Not a party atmosphere but just a good space. I stayed in female dorm, rooms are huge! I would stay there again