Hostel Casona Poblana Reviews

16 de Septiembre 905, Puebla, Mexico

The central street has a lot of traffic and so is very noisy and polluted, as you can heard from the patio and the crowded 12 beds dorm (without a fan and so you have to sleep with the open window). Breakfast is served late at 8,30. There is a kitchen and purified water, but their use aren't encouraged, especially in the morning.On the contrary you will be tempted by cakes and mexican food, sold at the door of the hostel. Poor atmosphere; you can meet the others guests at breakfast .

A Great Place to b in Puebla. Very clean. confy beds, great general area (very close to the main attractions) the GM and his staff ensure that ur stay in Casa Poblana is as confortable as can b. Puebla is a beautiful city and this hostel is part of it. When I visit Puebla I will return to Casa Poblana.

Great little bed-and-breakfast. My wife and I stayed three nights and had lovely, different breakfasts made for us each day. My wife loves the squeezed orange juice in Mexico and the hostess went out and bought some especially. The hosts were all lovely and spoke great English. It feels like a family home, complete with a full kitchen and great gas oven. The location is about 10mins walk from the Zocalo. The internet was also painfully slow sometimes, but was in-room. Overall, great!

You have an excellent location, good security for the travelers at the hostel, nice atmosphere. But need to keep working on cleanliness, the bathrooms were smelly all the time. And I think you can pretty work to add some taste to the breakfast you serve. The best idea to give for free some beers in order to meet the other travelers at the hostel.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Next to the zocalo, the building is in colonial style with rooms and kitchen around a patio. Kind staff, good wifi and very cleaned. You can find good cakes and mexican food at the door of the Casona, who offer a light breakfast. Don't miss the climbing to the terrace in the early morning to see the Popocatepetl, if it's possible. You can also book tours in the town and neighboors. The only problem is the traffic in the 16 de septiembre, one of the main streets in the town.

We had a private room with double bed and bath. It could have used a chair or a small chest for storing/draping clothes, otherwise it was well thought out. Breakfast was served in a very cold central courtyard, but they provided extra wraps to keep us warm!

We stayed in a private room and it was exactly as they describe it. Friendly staff, comfortable bed and the wifi is not super fast, but it works. There's a center courtyard that can make it noisy, so earplugs are essential. The view from the roof is very nice and the beds are comfortable.

Great location close to all the goings-on in the town. The room I stayed in was a bit nondescript but clean. Staff is nice and caring especially during breakfast time. Not the place to meet a whole lot of new friends if you're a solo traveller as there is no real common room or any activities. I didn't see a guest kitchen.

Perfect place to stay in Puebla, excellent location! the staff is very kind and always willing to help.

Hostel was really clean. Showers had great water pressure. Only big downside was the desk manager. Really obnoxious. Initially wouldn't let me use the shower when I returned from a half marathon, even though I returned well before checkout, because I had placed my bags in storage before leaving in the morning.

Lightings at the dining area not bright enough during night time, the same in the 12 bed mixed dorm. Hard for reading.

It a very old place. It was ok for what it was. Showers are small and not that nice. Lights were off very late, but I guess that depends on the guests.

Nice hostel just one block from "plaza de armas". The 12 bed room is a litlle bit noisy.

We love this hostel! We won't stay anywhere else in Puebla. The location is too good, and everything else just makes it a great hostel to stay at!