Hostel Casona Poblana Reviews

16 de Septiembre 905, Puebla, Mexico

Nice garden, clean and decent.

Staff was very helpful, and the location was great. Wonderful value and great roof top view! Would def go back.

I stayed here for 5 nights was happy overall. although there is nothing wrong with the staff they are not particularly friendly either. Te hostel is clean (you are given your sheets and towel at the beginning of your stay so you know no one else has slept in them) and Central. The breakfast is ok; fresh orange juice, sweet cereal and cheap white bread and jam. The courtyard is very pleasant. Wifi can be patchy but worked most of the time. Only problem is lack of ventilation in female dorms.

Was nice hostel, perfect location. There was only four of us in the 12 bed dorm. Clean, not too noisy. Breakfast was good.

Puebla is a beautiful city definitely worth a visit. The hostel was in a gorgeous building, we found it clean, there is a good kitchen, showers had hot water and the dorm beds were comfortable. The location is very close to the zocalo and other historical attractions. Continental breAkfast is ample including cereal, toast, coffee and tea. Staff was helpful.

As others have mentioned, there is no washing machine, but they can send clothes to a laundry for you. Only communal area is the Central courtyard so after 10pm you can use the roof terrace but there is no furniture. Great location for visiting Puebla.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Everything about the hostel was great. The one big problem was that there was noticeable mold in the bathroom. The smell was almost unbearable and two members had mold allergies and did not feel great in the morning.

Very interesting

This hostel ticked all the bixes for me with a great location, friendly staff and a nice room. I marked it down only o facilities in that I didnt see any kitchen facilities. Od happily have stayed longer if i could have.

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Dorm bed was a little bit dirty but i think it's average for a hostel. Has hot shower. Location is unbeatable. Will definitely stay there again if I return to Puebla.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • China

We were originally only going to stay here for 1 night, but extended our stay to 3 nights because the hostel was nice & Puebla's historic centre is beautiful. We had a double room with an ensuite, which was clean & a good size. The staff were really helpful (they organised for us to get our laundry done). The rate included breakfast of fresh orange juice, coffee, toast with jam, fruit (different each day) & cereal. The location was perfect for exploring the centre. Only downside was poor wifi

The hostel is in a great location. Close to the major attractions and close to stores, restaurants and bars. It's clean and comfortable. The common-area is a huge hall where also breakfast is served. Because that are is open to the outside (no doors) it gets chilly at night. The dorm-rooms are warm, though. The only downside of that hostel is the wacky wifi. It functions but isn't very fast nor stable.

it is very well located - about 2 blocks from the zocalo. it is a beautiful place but - when we stayed there - there were no computers available, sometimes it took a while to find staff to open the main door, the wifi did not work that well in the room. the private room was fine, good bathroom and shower.

The daytime staff was pleasant and helpful, but the man who worked nights was surly and unpleasant.

• 20th Jan 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very central and in a safe area. I miss a opportunity to relax there. Everything is very open. The femal dorm smelled quite as if there was fungus in the wall.

It was a nice hostel near to the city center. It was not that clean and the staff was not the nicest but did their job. We had some problems with the hot water what made us wait more than an hour. On the Hostelworld page they write about a washmashine you can use. But this is not true. They have a loundry service which is really good but costs a little bit more.

Great location, only a few blocks from Zocalo. The rooms and beds are clean, lockers are provided, although the building is not very secure so you might want to store all of the important stuff in the locker.

Nice place close to the zocalo. I met a lot of cool people here: families and solo travelers. The beds are comfy and the staff wrangled me an extra blanket when I was too cold. Breakfast is simple but nice. Main recommendation: bath mats in the bathroom. It was hard not to track water around the room after a shower and then things get a little dirty.

The biggest problem was when a hostel staff member pounded on my door at midnight (when I was sleeping) and woke me up so that he could take a mattress out of my room to give to another guest. Not okay! I suspect the guest was a last minute arrival, but I couldn't believe they would wake me in the middle of the night to do that. As they say in Africa, they love money too much! Also, my room was vary sparse, had no lockers, and I couldn't find any electrical outlets.

The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. They provided amazing guidance on what to do, see, and eat. Location was great and the place was clean. I recommend staying here.