Hostel Casona Poblana Reviews

16 de Septiembre 905, Puebla, Mexico

Great location and really neat and clean. Staff helpfull and place to park motorcycle in the entrance hall. Breakfast is included and reasonable amount (light). Wi fi slow and intermittant. Can get a bit of road noise so not for light sleepers but this is the case in most hotels in ''centro'' areas.

I dont really like the fact that even the shower are mixt, its not large enough to change yourself in the shower and to put your clothe somewhere without being wet. 1 outlet for 12 person in a room. the light doesnt light much. The breakfast is include start at 8.30... so if you have to leave earlier theres no way to grab a fruit or a piece of bread you juste leave without your breakfast. Everything else is good the staff are nice and the room are spacious

Loved loved loved this place! Great location, great staff! Not a party atmosphere but just a good space. I stayed in female dorm, rooms are huge! I would stay there again

Very good location; the room was a bit tight and hot, but otherwise a very pleasant experience. A better hostel, but not the best.

Great hostel, really helpful and friendly staff. Excellent location.

• 11th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the location was great. It has a nice patio area to sit in. The only complaint is that the pillow cases looked old and a little stained, and one of the sheets was ripped. It was quiet while we were there, I think I saw 7 other guests, which could be a pro or con, depending on what you're looking for. I would stay here again.

Thank you for all of your help! My daughter and I felt comfortable staying here for the weekend. It felt like home!

• 20th Jun 2014

Cool and very clean place in a beautiful old colonial house two or three blocks from the Catedral in Centro Historico Puebla! Highly recommended if you need a quiet respite from DF or other partying--not a place to meet people. Great staff.

I like this place, it was an upscale, rustic hostel and I liked it. It´s 2 blocks from the center and it is in safe area, so you can walk around any time of day or night. The staff was very friendly and helpfull with any questions. The breakfast was good, but could include more options or be done in a buffet style. If I ever return to Puebla, I´ll definitely stay here again.

We stayed in a private room, which was clean and comfortable, a modest size but with plenty of shelves to store our things and so felt bigger. The staff were excellent - friendly, helpful and seem genuinely interested in chatting, and were very willing to help when we had questions about the area, how to get to places, recommendations etc (particularly the hostel owner, who recognised us from previous visit). Location is excellent - 5 mins from zocalo, plenty to do. Highly recommend it! :)

• 29th Mar 2014