Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA

Internet doesnt work if you are in a room far from the lobby. When i arrive to check in girl staff was super cool but when i check out guy was rude. The stay was ok.

Really lovely and helpful staff, I would definitely go back!

Cool place abit far but good for exercise to work off alcohol consumption , there were ALOT of staff and they were pretty young maybe a few more older and mature staff would be good just for a few reasons but not at all a big deal- I did the south rim tour they were great! Staff were super super friendly..rooms were crazy dark in the day would be good to be able to open curtain or maybe I'm an idiot and u could..

They really make an effort to ensure everyone makes friends and has a good time, with nightly activities, a big communal area and often free food and drink. It's a bit of a hike to the hotels on the Strip but the bus goes from nearby, and Fremont St is close. Had thought that with such cheap prices it might be a dive, but it's actually a lovely, clean, safe place with staff who care. The surrounding area is a little rough so just be sensible when out at night and you'll be fine.

The location is great, between the old and the new strip. The staf is very nice and the atmosphere is good. But the room smelled very bad abd the breakfast was simple. Even that is a cheap place to stay if you are not going to be in the room

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Not many people about just staff. Good place to pass out at end of day

They start every night with parties at the hostel so we could meet people before going out. The free open bar at Belagio(spelling?) was awesome! Really fun people so we stayed 4 more nights than planned - sorry other cities.

• 8th Nov 2014

I had a good stay at Hostel Cat. everything was in a easy location to downtown Las Vegas. Staff was friendly. Would stay at again.

A non functioning toilet that was clogged and could not be fixed. Probably due to weak flush and inability to handle large loads. As well as the shower head was old and severely calcified. I would recommend the hostel to build a proper common washroom/shower facility that is similar to european hostels and get rid of the WC in the suites to give that extra space back as the rooms were cramped. Pillows flat and weak, lockers too small, common space dated and dirty. Improve quality please!!

The staff were super nice and helpful. I think the essence of staying in a hostel is you get to meet new people, this hostel attracts nice, fun loving people. You wouldn't be disappointed here. Our breakfast table was filled with friendliness and family vibes. The place was clean even though some part was a little run down which is understandable if you use the 'you get what you pay' logic. After all I really enjoyed my stay and I would totally come back again.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Had a really awesome time at this hostel! Lots of international travelers, lots of events and activities at the hostel, tours, etc. were a great way to see Vegas for cheap! Location is good, between the Las Vegas strip and the downtown area. Will definitely be back next time I'm in Vegas!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Good hostel if you want to party every night. Area a little dodgy but close to the strip.

Unfortunately the rooms were hot and stuffy. I only stayed one night but i had a great time with my fellow hostellers. There are long term guests staying here also

Hostel Cat was fantastic. Huge party atmosphere, great location and very helpful staff. There were cheap dinner options every night and fun activities. They were budget conscious and inclusive. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it for a social traveler.

• 24th Oct 2014

Pros: there's a outdoor communal area to socialise and meet people (I made the closest friends in my trip here); they offer a dinner each night for $6-7 which is awesome if you're on a budget like me; free pancake breakfast. Only cons were that I didn't feel safe in this area. Someone got stabbed close-by one night and a strange man was hanging around the entrance and came up behind me when I was putting the code in (he wasn't staying at the hostel either). Always be with other people at night.

Overall a good place to stay. The site is always very clean and the rooms were comfortable. The location is walking distance to both the start of the Strip

• 23rd Oct 2014

This is a party hostel, great for people traveling alone because everyone is friendly and meeting other guests is made easy. Dorms have air con, a bathroom in each and lockers. The staff are mostly friendly and helpful. The location is okay - walking distance to Fremont St and a (longer) walk to the strip. Don't stay at hostel cat if you don't want to party!

We only really slept there but there seemed to be lots of good parties going on and it was pretty easy to get to the strip.

This hostel is amazing!! Somehow it just lures the most amazing people into one spot and there is never a dull moment. I went as a solo traveler and was greeted as soon as i walked in the door with invitations to come and drink and have a good time. Some of the wildest nights of my life! Location is closer to the old strip than the new one, but its so easy to get to by a quick bus trip and the old strip was so cheap and fun to go out in as well! Couldn't recommend this place highly enough!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • caitlynleggett

The hostel is about 10 minutes by bus from the strip.The bus station is very close to the hostel,about 1 minute walk,keep eyes open otherwise you'll cross it.The kitchen is a mess,the common area I didnt even want to enter.The staff could not respond on any of my simple questions!!!Even the welcome part has been read from a paper!!!Some people,probably locals,were weird.The only nice thing is the area where the rooms are..I'm not at all complicated but I would not go back there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5