Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA

I had a great time!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

one of d best hostels u can stay at. the management alongwoth the staff are making a genuine attempt at creating a value for money party celebrative vegas experience for u...and the best part is ... they are succeeding... great compound, atmosphere... great place to meet people.. highly recommended ... five stars...

The atmosphere, the tips about Vegas, the events organized by the hostel are all great.

Hostel is located just off the strip. It is quite a walk to the main part of the strip so count $8 for the bus. The hostel has activities planned for every night and great deals to go out on the strip. Bathrooms (in every room) are clean.

When I arrived I was a little bit scary about the place but decided to give a chance and stay. It is possible to go walking to the Strip but late at night the area seems to be very dangerous, I opted for taking a bus and there is a stop near the hostel. There are a lot of stripclubs near and the hostel doesn't seem to be very safe but I had no problem at all. Anyway, the atmosphere there was very very very strange, if I could go back in time I would go for a hotel. At least the beds are good.

They should be more helpful toward customers, When never I needed help their answers were: the hostel does not assist you with this or that. Like calling a taxi or helping buy bus ticket, not to mention that every customer should prepare their own pancake for breakfast. For example the hostel in Los Angeles they helped me with such things and the pancakes were prepared by the hostel people

• 25th Dec 2014

the location is a little bit far from bellageo hotel or around there and freemonstreet experience. staff are also good. the room i stayed was not so clean, so so. good thing is its really cheap to stay.

the dorms had a moldy smell to it and everything was a little damp when we got there. we only spent one night there and I'm glad we didn't stay longer - I have never been so cold in a hostel! we couldn't see much of the day-experience as we arrived late at night and left very early in the morning. staff was nice, free parking is a plus

Great vibe here! But don't come here if you want to rest. Staff is friendly and helpful and there's something going on every night. Vending machines with beer...... Why is it so warm in the common area?

Hostel Cat is great, plain and simple. Cheapest and most fun place on the strip and a million times more fun than a hotel for a 100th of the price. Go there. Don't make the mistake of not going there.

• 14th Dec 2014

Only stayed 1 night - was only in town for concert at Caesars. Good that there is place to park. Area is not sketchy at all despite what others might say. Room kinda stank but bed was clean and so was the washroom. Really good deal so I would stay again if I was in town! Strong wifi everywhere

Internet doesnt work if you are in a room far from the lobby. When i arrive to check in girl staff was super cool but when i check out guy was rude. The stay was ok.

Really lovely and helpful staff, I would definitely go back!

Cool place abit far but good for exercise to work off alcohol consumption , there were ALOT of staff and they were pretty young maybe a few more older and mature staff would be good just for a few reasons but not at all a big deal- I did the south rim tour they were great! Staff were super super friendly..rooms were crazy dark in the day would be good to be able to open curtain or maybe I'm an idiot and u could..

They really make an effort to ensure everyone makes friends and has a good time, with nightly activities, a big communal area and often free food and drink. It's a bit of a hike to the hotels on the Strip but the bus goes from nearby, and Fremont St is close. Had thought that with such cheap prices it might be a dive, but it's actually a lovely, clean, safe place with staff who care. The surrounding area is a little rough so just be sensible when out at night and you'll be fine.

The location is great, between the old and the new strip. The staf is very nice and the atmosphere is good. But the room smelled very bad abd the breakfast was simple. Even that is a cheap place to stay if you are not going to be in the room

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Not many people about just staff. Good place to pass out at end of day

They start every night with parties at the hostel so we could meet people before going out. The free open bar at Belagio(spelling?) was awesome! Really fun people so we stayed 4 more nights than planned - sorry other cities.

• 8th Nov 2014

I had a good stay at Hostel Cat. everything was in a easy location to downtown Las Vegas. Staff was friendly. Would stay at again.

A non functioning toilet that was clogged and could not be fixed. Probably due to weak flush and inability to handle large loads. As well as the shower head was old and severely calcified. I would recommend the hostel to build a proper common washroom/shower facility that is similar to european hostels and get rid of the WC in the suites to give that extra space back as the rooms were cramped. Pillows flat and weak, lockers too small, common space dated and dirty. Improve quality please!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5