Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA

Best hostel I've ever been to! The staff are incredible, the people staying were super friendly, it's as social environment as could possibly get. Chandler is awesome. They arrange tours, activities etc all worth participating in. Dinners were amazing. Location is very good (close to Fremont street).

Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provided great advice on where to eat, drink and play. Perfect location right between The Strip and Old Vegas. Other travelers were fascinating--an man from India studying artificial intelligence, a man from Germany in the final weeks of his PhD, a man from Quebec in his final year of medical school, and the like. I highly recommend staying at this hostel!

Its still true that you still get what you pay for. The cleaning standards weren't very high, was cold at night time with the bedding that they provided, the wifi connection in my room didn't work but did in the common areas, the location was in a dodgy part of town, between the Stratosphere & Freemont St, the only way I survived my 3 nights there was by spending little time there as possible apart from sleeping.

Great stay no complaints

A bit far from the strip - 40 min walk or 20 min to downtown. Interesting activities happening every night.

Lockers available in rooms. Good wifi and good selection of tv to watch if you're hungover. Location is not good at all, however the hostel arranges activities to do nightly. Staff are well organised and polite, however as with all hostels that have a core of "longtermers", they are not welcoming. Free pancakes too. Vibe is odd, although you can meet some people.

i Like that hostel, it is small but confortable and the best thing is the amazing price and the good location right on the famous Strip Street. (Las Vegas Boulevard). the only bad is that the location is a llittle far from the casinos, you can take the bus right out of the hostel or walk 30 min. to get ther. but it is still a very good investment

Really good hostel i only styed 1 night, and when i arrived there was free drink all the night, Amazing common area, vending machine whit everithink, id like to come back again

Awesome hostel! Really good value for money. Good atmosphere. The staff organize stuff to do almost every night which is a great way to meet other travelers and see the city! Thumbs up all the way!

• 17th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Overall, good stay in that hostel, nice staff, good facilities, stayed in a 10 bed dorm, very nice&quiet, they offer many activities&tours.

Manager rudest man. Came barging into our room at 6am demanding our exit had put us in wrong room. Because their ATM would not accept our travel card we had no US dollars till bank opened next morning. Our passports and Aust cash could have been held as guarantee. They had our deposit and hostelworlds guarantee too. A rude rude man Also the kitchen does not open to 8.00am not good when you are on an early tour. I would not stay there again

Awesome place, so much fun with activities every night. I'll be back!

Nice people, place has character but is in what feels like (but I have absolutely no evidence to) a rough neighbourhood. Definitely do the Saturday night limo tour.

Nice place, nice stuff, recommended.

good backpacker hostel, location is convinient it's between downtown and the strip ( i was going to the both by foot : 20min for downtown and 40min for the strip ). free wifi :) . not noisy. i only staying for using free wifi and sleeping, but it's good place to staying for cheap in Vegas

Perfectt!!!

Although the hostel is very far away from the strip, it's easy to take the Deue and other buses to the Strip, Fremount Street, Premium outlet and the airport. I rated the cleanliness average because the kitchen is quite messy and dirty. Not to mention that the towel I rented looks very old. I hesitated to use the towel at first, but it turned out fine. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

My stay at Hostel Cat started with a surprise. I was told that they cater to international travelers and that Americans engaged in domestic travel would be charged an extra $3 per day. When I expressed my disappointment, the lovely lady at he front desk was able to waive the extra charge which considering my stay was for 15 nights would have cut into my budget. The second surprise was that because I was not an international traveler I was assigned to Room 22, a six bed dorm located outside

The hostel was really good and the fact the rooms are outside with an outside common area makes it nicer I guess.

A decent place to stay if you're on a tight budget in Las Vegas, but do not expect too much!