Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

When I got to this hostel I was instantly scared. I am a frequent traveller and I've stayed in hostels everywhere, so I had realistic expectations. The vibe of the hostel is pretty trashy and the people seem drugged, to say the least. I wasn't mistreated or anything, but i decided do spend the night somewhere else. I was in the hostel for the entire afternoon, though, which was enough. I all for the hostel experience and I prefer staying in one, but when in Vegas a hotel is the best option.

BAD: Looks like it was a motel they put 10 beds and a locker in each room. So very narrow space specially for reaching the lockers, which is none. In vegas nice hotels are really cheap so for a hostel they should offer a little more. They don't have a 24 hour reception and the kitchen is kinda messy. GOOD: They have night and day activities to gather people. I didn't take any beacuse of my short schedule. Tthey might be cool, but i can't say.

Great place, ideally located and for a bread bite

Awesome place if ur traveling by ur self, lots of fun with awesome new friends.

Really good staff. Also They have awesome programs to make people amused.

Pretty good hostel! It was a pleasure stay there

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Spain

I stayed at the Hostel Cat in October 2013. I have stayed at many hostels in Europe, New Zealand and a couple in other US cities. Hostel Cat was by the far THE BEST HOSTEL I have ever stayed in in terms of atmosphere, helpfullness of staff and overall value for money. It isn't anything fancy but the staff try hard and the work pays off. The regular events organised by the hostel are awesome and definitely worth going to. Keep up the good work guys!

The hostel cat is one of the best hostels i ever stayed! If u travel by your own and want to meet crazy people to make your stay in vegas extraordinary this is the right place! The dorms were cleaned every day, good afternoon and evening programm!! Every evening delicious food for diner for only 5$!! I will return to vegas and for sure to the hostel cat!! And i dont want to forget the van, thanks buddy u saved my life ;)

This hostel was just the best one ! Everything was great ! Staff is Supernice and there are some activities all the time so you aren't never bored ! The ambiance is just awesome and the hostel make everything so cheap ! Best vacations ever ! 100% recommended !

• 2nd Oct 2013

Epic hostel the best hostel in Vegas close to the strip good event nights

fun fun fun!

-The lockers aren't big enough for a suitcase or backpack, the security gate was open most of the day. - Our bed sheets were ripped and stained. -The bathroom flooded with every shower. -My girlfriend stubbed her toe on a nail sticking out the floor. When she pointed it out, the receptionist didn't care or apologise. - the entertainment didn't exist apart from a guy coming round at 11 trying to sell tickets for $30. - Awful hostel, unless you just want to get blind drunk all the time.

great hostel, great staff, super activities! recommended to everyone!

• 16th Sep 2013

Place was an absolute dump. So dirty!!! Stayed for 2 nights and barely stayed in the room due to the smell and grade of the mattress and linen. Never ever again!

We wish that we could have stayed at the Hostel Cat for longer! As student travellers, we enjoyed the social vibe that Hostel Cat had - the staff were all young, hip, knowledgable and friendly, the place was packed with youth from all over the world and there were night-time activities on every night to get involved in. The actual rooms weren't too clean but we didn't need that, just a place to stay. And the location was okay - 15min walk from the start of the strip and 5min to Fremont Street!

I liked this hostel. The staff were helpful with organising trips to the Grand Canyon etc. There are activities organised every night. Rooms were ok although we had a constant battle with the person right next to the air conditioner. This could be better placed. Atmosphere is good. Facilities good. I didn't hate the location since it's walking distance (over some freeway barriers) to an awesome vegan restaurant. Bus to downtown is quick. Going up the strip is less quick. I'd stay here again.

All good, couldnt have been better !

• 9th Sep 2013

Would definetly stay here again! I had a great time, everything is good and it's amazing value for money, can't recommend this place enough

I was hesitant check into such a cheap hostel initially but not only was it safe, well located and have great facilities it had the best atmosphere of any hostel I've been in. The staff got really involved so when you go out your with the 20 people from the hostel they take you to the best value for money places there are so you can have fun on a budget. Such am amazing hostel. no regrets!

I want to say a big thank you to Hostel Cat, we had the best weekend there. Out partying, amazing days out and nights in around the wooden bench. I really didn't know what to expect but the rooms were better than some ones i've stayed in and i payed double for those! Such a great vibe in the hostel, everyone is smiling and up for a good time. The staff encourage you to join in and no one seems to be in a bad mood ever.