Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA

We wish that we could have stayed at the Hostel Cat for longer! As student travellers, we enjoyed the social vibe that Hostel Cat had - the staff were all young, hip, knowledgable and friendly, the place was packed with youth from all over the world and there were night-time activities on every night to get involved in. The actual rooms weren't too clean but we didn't need that, just a place to stay. And the location was okay - 15min walk from the start of the strip and 5min to Fremont Street!

I liked this hostel. The staff were helpful with organising trips to the Grand Canyon etc. There are activities organised every night. Rooms were ok although we had a constant battle with the person right next to the air conditioner. This could be better placed. Atmosphere is good. Facilities good. I didn't hate the location since it's walking distance (over some freeway barriers) to an awesome vegan restaurant. Bus to downtown is quick. Going up the strip is less quick. I'd stay here again.

All good, couldnt have been better !

• 9th Sep 2013

Would definetly stay here again! I had a great time, everything is good and it's amazing value for money, can't recommend this place enough

I was hesitant check into such a cheap hostel initially but not only was it safe, well located and have great facilities it had the best atmosphere of any hostel I've been in. The staff got really involved so when you go out your with the 20 people from the hostel they take you to the best value for money places there are so you can have fun on a budget. Such am amazing hostel. no regrets!

I want to say a big thank you to Hostel Cat, we had the best weekend there. Out partying, amazing days out and nights in around the wooden bench. I really didn't know what to expect but the rooms were better than some ones i've stayed in and i payed double for those! Such a great vibe in the hostel, everyone is smiling and up for a good time. The staff encourage you to join in and no one seems to be in a bad mood ever.

I thought Hostel Cat was a well thought out and value for money hostel, the only comment is the location is a little far, but it's perfectly okay with the 8 dollar bus pass. All in all, I enjoyed my stay here.

if you want the full vegas-experience and a lot of international friends for party, a cool place to stay and just a great time AND a partner who really wants you to save money - hostel cat is perfect for you ;) i think ill never go anything else in vegas than hostel cat!

I had a pleasant stay in this hostel. I booked one single private room and I ended up sleeping in a 6/bed room just for myselft, with ensuite shower and toilet. The AC was really useful, as it was extremely hot in the city that day. There were diverse events organized and plenty of social life in the hostel. Recommended.

It is a typical hostel, world travelers, common room, dorms etc. Really overall the hostel is good. HOWEVER, the one problem I had with the hostel was the heat both in the common room. When I told the manager that I think the Air Condition was absolutely inadequate, and I felt he misled people when he said it was air conditioned, he reacted by throwing me out of the hostel in the dead of the night. The hostel I found the rooms were cold, so much so I needed a blanket there.

• 3rd Sep 2013

The hostel is pretty good. The location is not too far away from the strip. They also organize different activities in the night which is good. When I arrived I didn't find the stuff really helpful and nice, especially one girl, who was rude instead. Otherwise everything is okay, the price is really good.

The only Bad in this hostel was the location, it's quite far to the Strip. But beside that everything was great: nice patio where you can meet new people, they organize every day a different event and I had great people in my room. If you are looking for a great party hostel, I can definitely recommend:)

What is great about Hostel Cat is the atmosphere - the parties and excursions are cheap, awesome and you have to get involved. Accommodation is simple, air conditioned and clean. Neighbourhood seems a little sketchy but location wise it is very quick and easy to reach the strip or downtown.

This was a great hostel, the activities were well organised and worthwhile participating in. The rooms were well air conditioned so the Nevada sun wasn't an issue inside. The hostel is right on the strip not too far form the Statospehre which has a pool so points for that too. Great value for money, well recommend this one.

I made a lot of friends which made the clubs more fun than normal. Great job on Casino tour Dan who taught us all how to play craps.

• 25th Aug 2013

Apart from the location, this was awesome! Such a fun place and amazing value (not just cheap, but great facilities especially considering the price, you'd actually expect less for more cost). The location isn't actually that bad, just a short walk from the end of the strip in a bit of a dodgy area but it's not as bad as people make it out to be, it's mostly just too quiet at night.

No worries about this hostel, clean, safe and nice people !

Very good party hostel! They do stuff every night and have awesome deals. Stuff members are nice and fun.

Have a courtyard that makes it feel safe. They also have random key checks which proves that they care about security. The manager is more than happy to drink with you and have a laugh. The hostel is in a good location, albeit with homeless and junkies surrounding it which is the only downside.

The hostel is located in Downtown Las Vegas just outside of the Strip which is very easily reached by a bus that runs 25/7. Very good value for money. Dorm bed was more or less average for what one can expect to get in a hostel dorm. Security is good and the stuff was very helpful. I met some really interesting people here and I do recommend this hostel.