Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, USA

Cheap and cheap. If you want to party, you find it. If you want to sleep, you can – but, this case, stay in a room with less beds. It is clean. The bad point is the kitchen is not ventilated. I would spend ten days there, easily.

Excellent hostel , very clean (they have housekeeper supervision daily), very good location( right in Las Vegas boulevard, near Stratosphere /Strip), big rooms and bathrooms in perfect conditions,very safe with lookers inside rooms, soft beds and nice A/C necessary for Las Vegas. Very friendly staff, help you to make easy to stay in Las Vegas, recommend tours, find solutions to your problems.

Great place to stay and fun!

• 12th Oct 2013

Good price, staff excellent and friendly

When I got to this hostel I was instantly scared. I am a frequent traveller and I've stayed in hostels everywhere, so I had realistic expectations. The vibe of the hostel is pretty trashy and the people seem drugged, to say the least. I wasn't mistreated or anything, but i decided do spend the night somewhere else. I was in the hostel for the entire afternoon, though, which was enough. I all for the hostel experience and I prefer staying in one, but when in Vegas a hotel is the best option.

BAD: Looks like it was a motel they put 10 beds and a locker in each room. So very narrow space specially for reaching the lockers, which is none. In vegas nice hotels are really cheap so for a hostel they should offer a little more. They don't have a 24 hour reception and the kitchen is kinda messy. GOOD: They have night and day activities to gather people. I didn't take any beacuse of my short schedule. Tthey might be cool, but i can't say.

Great place, ideally located and for a bread bite

Awesome place if ur traveling by ur self, lots of fun with awesome new friends.

Really good staff. Also They have awesome programs to make people amused.

Pretty good hostel! It was a pleasure stay there

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Spain

I stayed at the Hostel Cat in October 2013. I have stayed at many hostels in Europe, New Zealand and a couple in other US cities. Hostel Cat was by the far THE BEST HOSTEL I have ever stayed in in terms of atmosphere, helpfullness of staff and overall value for money. It isn't anything fancy but the staff try hard and the work pays off. The regular events organised by the hostel are awesome and definitely worth going to. Keep up the good work guys!

The hostel cat is one of the best hostels i ever stayed! If u travel by your own and want to meet crazy people to make your stay in vegas extraordinary this is the right place! The dorms were cleaned every day, good afternoon and evening programm!! Every evening delicious food for diner for only 5$!! I will return to vegas and for sure to the hostel cat!! And i dont want to forget the van, thanks buddy u saved my life ;)

This hostel was just the best one ! Everything was great ! Staff is Supernice and there are some activities all the time so you aren't never bored ! The ambiance is just awesome and the hostel make everything so cheap ! Best vacations ever ! 100% recommended !

• 2nd Oct 2013

Epic hostel the best hostel in Vegas close to the strip good event nights

fun fun fun!

-The lockers aren't big enough for a suitcase or backpack, the security gate was open most of the day. - Our bed sheets were ripped and stained. -The bathroom flooded with every shower. -My girlfriend stubbed her toe on a nail sticking out the floor. When she pointed it out, the receptionist didn't care or apologise. - the entertainment didn't exist apart from a guy coming round at 11 trying to sell tickets for $30. - Awful hostel, unless you just want to get blind drunk all the time.

A real diamond in the rough! very cheap and extremely cheerful! I ended up extending my stay here, the staff are all people that one way or another wound up in Vegas which gives a good mix even if they are the most organised. The activities offered made my budget stay in Vegas a LOT better than I expected. Keep it up guys!

great hostel, great staff, super activities! recommended to everyone!

• 16th Sep 2013

Place was an absolute dump. So dirty!!! Stayed for 2 nights and barely stayed in the room due to the smell and grade of the mattress and linen. Never ever again!

We wish that we could have stayed at the Hostel Cat for longer! As student travellers, we enjoyed the social vibe that Hostel Cat had - the staff were all young, hip, knowledgable and friendly, the place was packed with youth from all over the world and there were night-time activities on every night to get involved in. The actual rooms weren't too clean but we didn't need that, just a place to stay. And the location was okay - 15min walk from the start of the strip and 5min to Fremont Street!