Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

nice place. good staff. awosome hostel!!!!! should go!!!

• 16th May 2015
  • South Korea

I loved this place except for the poor internet access. You could only connect on the ground floor and it was slow. Other than that, I loved it!

Excellent stay. Sincere friendly enthusiastic young staff. Everyone was really great - especaially Dennise. You must clean the disgusting stains on the outside of the yellow storage cabinet in Room 308 though. Managment needs to fix the Wifi - it's hopeless. Noise is another big issue but I did appreciate you shut most noise down at a reasonable hour. Thanks, I'll recommend you.

• 6th May 2015

It is a great place to stay. It has an excellent location and facilities. The staff is amazing :)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Costa Rica

The 4th floor men's bathroom was so discusting. Like really discusting. That's sad cuz the room was clean.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get bettr¡ Cheers.

The Wi-Fi is absolutely worthless no matter where you are. The rooms have no cooling, they are in desperate need of at the very least fans. However, this hostel couldn't be located closer to the Zocalo, the bar upstairs creates the perfect atmosphere for those looking to meet people and I made some awesome friends because of it. Also the his hostel has thee best breakfast value I've ever had at a hostel. With its only two faults I really can't speak poorly this hostel is still great!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Great hostel, breakfast is great. Wifi is not very good.

Thanks for your comments¡ We are wirkingon the internet. Cheers

Clean, good location,safe, bad wi-fi signal, a little bit noisy at the room even with the windows close but not a big deal, great staff, denisse is a nice person she gave us great time with the walking tours, she is so cool, talkative girl and very friendly, also at the roof bar angelo, the colombiano and the security guard (forgot their names) they were helpful and great guys, made good friends there, definitely I will come back.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comments... Please come back any time.. cheers

A great hostel right in the middle of the main part of DF. All the staff including the bar tenders were lots of fun and always had smile on their face. Drinks were pretty cheap and the view from the rooftop bar was superb. Plenty of security making me feel safe 24/7

I stayed 2 nights from 17-19 April after completing my Mexico holidays.The hostel location was superb. Checking in was easy and the staff speak good English, so you will never be a victim of communication breakdown. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped with an individual light, 2 power outlets and comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and attached to the dorm.The kitchen was well equipped with free coffee whole day. They have a bar on the 6th flr which offers a fantastic view .

Yeahhhh Thanks for your comments. Que bueno que te gustara¡ Saluds,

This hostel was great! I loved the atmosphere on the rooftop. Good place to socialize and meet people. The free breakfast was really good as well. The hostel was clean and security was good, I don't remember the guards name but he was very helpful and definitely kept things in order. Denise was good also and I enjoyed her walking yours and tequila night. My only complaint is the wifi, it was spotty. Other than that I loved my stay and will be back.

Thanks for your comments. The help us a lot... Cheers

All good apart from WIFI kept failing, an ongoing problem see previous reviews VERY noisey, with people chatting in the atrium early hours say 3 am and security not asking them to be quiet. Some people are so inconsiderate to others. Installing a false ceiling in Atriumwould reduce the problem a lot The staff are really nice and helpful...

Tanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Cheers

This hostel is amazing. Very well located, nearby or easy way to everywhere. The room is good with a large locker. Bathroom always clean. The breakfast has everything you need and is ver good. The staff is friendly and very helpful. But, and it is a big BUT, th wifi is horrible. Is the worst hostel wifi that i've seen. The wifi works poorly in te reception! In the room, forget it! Guys, seriously, you have to fix this problem. Therefore, i absolutely love this hostel an super duper recommend it!

thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

If you need quiet place you better not stay here. There is no electric fan in the room, outside temperature at 21 c degree, the room temperature would not be cold enough to make you sleep nicely. But the location is best of the best, easy to access many attractions by walking, there are many shops and restaurants around, near to metro stations.

Thanks for your comments¡

The request that I made in writing on booking with hostelworld was ignored. HI Cathedral said they could not find it. When I got there, they had no record that I was looking for a bottom bunk in an area NOT overlooking the light-well over the noisy restaurant and sitting area. Instead I was put in the same noisy room as I had stayed in before. I also became very ill while there and have had a private conversation with the manager as to how that was handled. The breakfast was very good.

Hi there... We apologize for this bad experience that you explain us... We double check your booking and your request and rooms that you choose... its the one you recive... I honestlly dont know what was your special request, hopefully we will tlk about it and solve it out. Maybe it was the web page foult. Please let me know.. Keep in touch and safe tarvels.

Really well located and great hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

The free rooftop breakfast is amazing: scrambled eggs, pancakes, and fresh fruit! Unbeatable in the hostel world! We also loved the restaurant downstairs and the rooftop bar!

thanks for your comments

Bad: The wifi is terrible, even in the place where it was supposed to have strong connection, the wifi was poor. People staff should be more proactive. I found hairs in my "clean" sheets. Good: There were independant rooms for the shower and the toilet, The lockers were big, with enough space. And the breakfast was good, but it could be better to vary more with the fruits, they served only melon and watermelon. In general, the hostel was ok.

Thanks for your comments¡ Yes, we had experience some problems with the internet, NO NEWS :( we continously talk about it with our provider.... We are still working to fix it. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

its located behind the cathedral in Zocalo. you can reach it by metrobus from airport. you have internet the offer you 3 cpus. the breakfast its a little poor but the other things are good.

Thanks for your comments, usuallly people like our breakfast¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

The location of this hostel can't be beat in Mexico City. The key card system was not working when we arrived on Saturday. So for the two days a two nights that we stayed there we had to be the security guard to let us into our room. This was an inconvenience because he was really busy letting a number of other people into there rooms. We ended up spending a fair bit of time waiting around for him. Their internet wasn't working while we were there either.

• 28th Mar 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We experience some problems with pur system, but now is working fine¡ We apologize for all you inconveniencie.... Please come back any time.. Cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5