Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

The 4th floor men's bathroom was so discusting. Like really discusting. That's sad cuz the room was clean.

Great hostel, breakfast is great. Wifi is not very good.

Clean, good location,safe, bad wi-fi signal, a little bit noisy at the room even with the windows close but not a big deal, great staff, denisse is a nice person she gave us great time with the walking tours, she is so cool, talkative girl and very friendly, also at the roof bar angelo, the colombiano and the security guard (forgot their names) they were helpful and great guys, made good friends there, definitely I will come back.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed 2 nights from 17-19 April after completing my Mexico holidays.The hostel location was superb. Checking in was easy and the staff speak good English, so you will never be a victim of communication breakdown. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped with an individual light, 2 power outlets and comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and attached to the dorm.The kitchen was well equipped with free coffee whole day. They have a bar on the 6th flr which offers a fantastic view .

This hostel was great! I loved the atmosphere on the rooftop. Good place to socialize and meet people. The free breakfast was really good as well. The hostel was clean and security was good, I don't remember the guards name but he was very helpful and definitely kept things in order. Denise was good also and I enjoyed her walking yours and tequila night. My only complaint is the wifi, it was spotty. Other than that I loved my stay and will be back.

All good apart from WIFI kept failing, an ongoing problem see previous reviews VERY noisey, with people chatting in the atrium early hours say 3 am and security not asking them to be quiet. Some people are so inconsiderate to others. Installing a false ceiling in Atriumwould reduce the problem a lot The staff are really nice and helpful...

This hostel is amazing. Very well located, nearby or easy way to everywhere. The room is good with a large locker. Bathroom always clean. The breakfast has everything you need and is ver good. The staff is friendly and very helpful. But, and it is a big BUT, th wifi is horrible. Is the worst hostel wifi that i've seen. The wifi works poorly in te reception! In the room, forget it! Guys, seriously, you have to fix this problem. Therefore, i absolutely love this hostel an super duper recommend it!

If you need quiet place you better not stay here. There is no electric fan in the room, outside temperature at 21 c degree, the room temperature would not be cold enough to make you sleep nicely. But the location is best of the best, easy to access many attractions by walking, there are many shops and restaurants around, near to metro stations.

The request that I made in writing on booking with hostelworld was ignored. HI Cathedral said they could not find it. When I got there, they had no record that I was looking for a bottom bunk in an area NOT overlooking the light-well over the noisy restaurant and sitting area. Instead I was put in the same noisy room as I had stayed in before. I also became very ill while there and have had a private conversation with the manager as to how that was handled. The breakfast was very good.

Really well located and great hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The free rooftop breakfast is amazing: scrambled eggs, pancakes, and fresh fruit! Unbeatable in the hostel world! We also loved the restaurant downstairs and the rooftop bar!

Bad: The wifi is terrible, even in the place where it was supposed to have strong connection, the wifi was poor. People staff should be more proactive. I found hairs in my "clean" sheets. Good: There were independant rooms for the shower and the toilet, The lockers were big, with enough space. And the breakfast was good, but it could be better to vary more with the fruits, they served only melon and watermelon. In general, the hostel was ok.

its located behind the cathedral in Zocalo. you can reach it by metrobus from airport. you have internet the offer you 3 cpus. the breakfast its a little poor but the other things are good.

The location of this hostel can't be beat in Mexico City. The key card system was not working when we arrived on Saturday. So for the two days a two nights that we stayed there we had to be the security guard to let us into our room. This was an inconvenience because he was really busy letting a number of other people into there rooms. We ended up spending a fair bit of time waiting around for him. Their internet wasn't working while we were there either.

• 28th Mar 2015

The place is nice. The only issue was the shower it was difficult to have hot water, you have to spend a lot time with the key open. The breakfast zone is same for bar, so it is not clean enough for the morning time.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Safe travels¡

great location in the centre of the city. Nice rooms, hot showers with push buttons, toilets had a acidic smell to them though. The roof bar is a great way to meet people and the staff were very helpful. breakfast is good, eggs, beans, fruit, cereal and juice.

Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us. Cheers¡

Noise and more noise!WiFi does not work and no elbow space anywhere.

Thanks for your comments, as you know during the night time... we try to keep the hostel as quiet as we can ... Safe travels¡ Cheers

Great location, but the hostel is noisy, and the wifi is terrible. Replace your couches please! Staff were great- Big thanks to the lovely dude with the cool asymmetrical haircut (sorry have forgotten your name) who went out of his way to help me with some Spanish phone calls to Cuba. The cafe has good food- try the pollo in the Aztec bowl- amazing.

Fantastic... great atmosphere

Yeaaahhh¡¡ Thanks for your comments¡

My friends and I had a wonderful time at the hostel. We have stayed there twice because we enjoyed our stay so much. However, one of our group was in a room with very noisy and rowdy roommates. When he requested to be moved, he had to pay a room change fee. I do not think this was fair as it was his roommates that were the source of trouble but he had to pay for their lack of consideration.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Kenya

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ To be honest, we do not charge any extra money for moving somebody form a room to another, (just in the case that its a different type of room woth a diferent price, then we charge the difference) But if we are talking about the same kind of room, we dont charge anything. Next time, please free to talk and ask for the manager, we are looking foward to help you and solve any kinf of issues. Cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5