Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Wifi worked only 15% of the time No where to escape loud noise TV room used as a storage room Long lines for breakfast, poorly operate with some using it as aa smorgasbord whilst others missing out completely. Bunk beds wobbly and unstable Sold to big tourist groups not independent travelers.

WiFi will not work in rooms, only in pc lab up spiral staircase in lobby, rooftop bar is the attraction here as it looks over the city and cathedral. Also pc's are great to arrange sd cards and photos and the like if you have no laptop. Tiny bathrooms.

All the nights I stayed at this hostel there were parties for non-guests until 2-3 AM. We could hear it from the room. So it was impossible to get a good rest. On the last night some non-guests cause problems with my roommate. There was physical aggression involved and nothing was done about it. It completely ruined our stay in Mexico City.

• 1st Oct 2014

Centrally located and close to a main subway. This is a huge hostel but they run a tight ship. I was even able to have 3 nights in a dorm to myself because if they are not at full occupancy, they spread everyone around- very awesome. Get your linens when you check in, towels are available but require a deposit. Showers have nice body wash. Always a party on the roof and great tours during the day. This is a very social spot. Wifi is shakey on higher floors. Breakfast isn't great, but fresh oj.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • j881

Thanks for your comments. We try to keep our guest as comfortable as we can¡¡¡ Please come back any time. Safe travels¡

If you want to meat other young people and like to party, it is one of the best places to stay. If you don't like to party, it might me too loud for you.

Thanks for your comments. We are glad you had fun with us¡¡ Please come back any time¡¡¡ Safe Travels¡

I loved the location the view from the rooftop bar was very lovely too

• 29th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments. Safe travels.

I could not have asked for a better place to stay in the heart of Mexico City. The staff, other guests, accommodations, location, views etc. were more than to be expected. Next time I find myself in the city I will stay there and will recommend it to anyone I know traveling to MC.

YEEEAAAAAAHHH¡¡¡¡¡ Thanks for your comments, we are glad you have fun with us. Please come back any time¡ Safe travels.

can't beat the location. Needs more utensils in the kitchen but otherwise great. WiFi is always off and on but just get out and see the city anyway

YEAAAAHHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for your comments¡¡ Please come back any time. Safe Travels

Wifi doesnt always work :/

Thanks for yoour comments, they help us to get better. Yes, we had experienced some problems with the wifi, but they are fix now. Please come back any time¡ Safe travels.

This hostel is amazing value, and the location is perfect if you go to el DF as a tourist. I've been to Mexico City four times and this is the best hostel I have stayed at!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time. Cheers.

The wifi the first few days I was there was an absolute joke, they shouldn't even advertise they have it if it's that bad. They finally fixed it on the second last day I was there. To make things worse they have 3 computers and only 2 work. Free tea and coffee?? Well they have a coffee machine that doesn't work, no milk or creamer and no cups. Breakfast was ok, cereal, yoghurt and hot food like eggs, nachos and French toast. Problem is that it doesn't stay hot for very long.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Our internet its fix now, we do experience some problems with it, we apologize for that. Our coffe machine didnt work just for one day, but we provide with a different one on the same kitchen. Sorry for the incovenience. Please come back any time. Safe travels.

The hostel is very nice, everything is great. breakfast, place, people... BUT internet is terrible. Impossible to connect in any floor or place. Really, it would be better if they say there is no wifi, cause the connection is impossilble.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Our internet its working fine now, we experience some problems with it last week, we apoligize for that. Cheers.

I loved this place!! so central! with a terrace overlooking the cathedral where you can have breakfast or a drink. room was small but ok and colorful. bathrooms ok. it is very safe in the night as well. i didnt partecipate but they seem to have lots of nice activities. breakfast could be better, but thats really a minor flaw, super super reccomended!!!

YEAHHH¡¡ Thanks for your comments. We are glad you have fun with us, please come back any time.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. The only issues I found were that the rooms are kind of warm, with no fans and the noise coming from the restaurant was a little loud. We were on the first floor so I would recommend higher rooms. The terrace was fun, we had a great time with the guys at the bar, very funny and social!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. We have fans at the front desk, we lend them fo free¡¡ (Next time just come and ask at the front desk.) Please come back any time, we are glad that you enjoy your staying.

Like other times everything was fine but the restaurant at the entrance used to be the lobby now its not allowed to be there its just a restaurant, I visited 3 new hostels around and Hostel Cathedral its still the best

Thanks for your comments, they help us to et better. In fact, In the have a restaurant, we have a specially designated area, that is our waiting space or labby for huest. We will look at this matter, thanks to letting us know. Cheers.

Great location and security, quite noisy at night so bring some earplugs as all rooms open onto the main entrance which has a restaurant. Drinks quite expensive in bar.

Thanks for your comments they helps us to get better. Safe travels.

A great Hostel, clean with a great rooftop bar. Thanks to Luis, we had a great Night out in Condesa!!!

• 8th Aug 2014

We are glad that you have fun with us. Luis says "HI" Cheers, come back any time.

I absolutely loved this hostel. I met wonderful people from around the world in my dorm room, on walking tours, and on the roof. The roof for breakfast and bar time is amazing. The location is phenomenal -- you are close to the Metro, in the center of the tourist attractions/shops, and you have great views at all times. The free walking tours are incredible - you will see spots you could never find on your own, plus there are some great surprises and lots of fun. There's no better choice!

YEAAAHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us, please come back any tieme¡¡¡ Safe travels

Amazing location!

Thanks for your comments.

Great hostel in the central zone of DF. Secure and well located, good atmosphere and staff. There's a bar on the rooftop with a great view, good to have a drink and smoke ;)

We are glad that you have fun with us, please come back any time¡¡ Safe travels. Cheers¡¡

« first « Prev 1 2 3