Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

The best thing about the place is the location right at Zocalo and their rooftop terrace. The room was a bit dark and nothing special, but then again, it is just for sleeping. There are tours you can book for extra pay.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Only a short trip from the airport. Amazing location for the price. Had the room to myself so can't complain. Breakfast pretty much hostel standard but it's included in the price and it's on the roof terrace with an amazing view. There are lockers in each room but don't forget to bring your own pad lock!

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Please come back any time... Safe travels.

The best location. Awesome roof top bar. Clean tidy and safe. Could be noisey at night and early because of the downstairs cafe/bar and the cool looking room water pipes that are still in full use. Not great if your a light sleeper. The breakfast was mediocre. And the most rediculous annoying thing was the push timer shower. I can understand it with taps. But in a shower it's annoying.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. People usually love our breakfast, we have cool and hot meals, (not all hostels provide this). We are really concerned with the environment that is why we have timers in all our showers, we apologise if found them annoying. Please come back any time. Safe travels.

I recommend this hostel 100% to anyone. My only recommendations goes for their wifi connection. The connection was very poor, in my room, and sometimes I didn't have any signal at all. The other problem was the room key (electronic card). My key deactivated three times while there. This was very unpleasant! I had to go all away down to the main desk and reset it again. The food is GREAT! but some days they made us wait to long for it and a lot of dirty cups and plates. Adrian was great!

Very good hsotel in mexico! perfect location, bar rooftop and cool staff!

YEAHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for your comment. We are glad that you have a good time with us. cheers.

It is a fine hostel. I had a fairly poor experience - the hostel was booked out for some event and in general I found the hostel crowded and noisy.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better We are really sorry that you had a poor experience in the hostel, but as you said we had an amazingly ig group staying with us during the same days of your staying. We usually provide with the best hostel experience in mexico city. We are one of the most popular that is the main reason for us to be fully booked. Please come back any time, im sure that you can get the experience you want with us. Cheers

Really nice location. The staff is doing their best to help the travellers. They are frequently doing bbq on the terrace where you can enjoy the beautiful view of Zocalo. Highly recommended.

loved it, go there and enjoy! staff is really friendly and nice and the roof terrace is pretty cool! breakfast could vary more often but this is not that much of a problem.

Thanks for your comments. We are happy you have fun with us. Please come back any time¡¡

The hostel's location is really nice, even tough it is really lound! Security was really good as well and it was a clean place. Wifi is included and there is a really nice roof top bar where you get a beautiful view of the city and where you can get a drink. Kitchen was poor and there was no common room. It was not so easy to get in touch with other travellers because everything is really seperate. Staff was giving all the infos i asked for but where quite reserved and indifferent.

Location was awesome and close to everything. Roof too bar is great for meeting fellow travellers. The rooms get very hot and have no fans or A/C which gets uncomfortable at night time. Kitchen not in best working order either. Other than that good hostel!

Hi Thanks for your comments, we have fans in the front desk¡ Everybody is welcome to used them, we just ask for an ID in exchange. Come back any time¡¡

This was one of the best hostels that I've stayed at. It was perfect to meet cool and chill people. The bar on the terrace was amazing. If I go back to Mexico City I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

YEEAAAAHHHH¡¡ Thanks for your comments, we are glad that you have fun with us. PLEASE, come back any time. Have a great trip

Friendly helpful staff. AWESOME breakfast. Kept relatively clean. Noise kinda travels a bit but otherwise no complaints

Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time. Safe travels. Cheers

This place is the best!! Very safe, fun and awesome staff. Luis is awesome :)

• 16th Jun 2014

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. COME BACK ANY TIME¡¡¡

Very secured hostel, clean and perfectly located!

Thanks a lot for your comments. Have a great trip

Rooftop bar was brilliant. Free tequila when we got there and amazing views. Breakfast was great too. Location was the best you could hope for. Right next to the central square and cathedral.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks for your comments. Have a great trip.

Everything was awesome! .... A lot of noise at night! But c'est la vie!

• 13th Jun 2014

Thanks for your comments. Have a great trip.

Staff were amazing and very helpful!! Eve (The Belgian Dude) was very helpful with directions and could pretty much tell me which subway to take to get to my next location. Enrigue and Angelo the bartenders were cool as hell and kept me pretty drunk my stay there. Louis the guide was also pretty cool and pointed me in the right direction, when looking for attractions. Overall a great Hostel in a great location. It was my second stay there and definitely not my last. Only pitfall was the WiFi.

• 9th Jun 2014

We are glad you have a good time with us. Wifi is now working perfectly, please come back any time... Safe travels.

Really good hostel had an amazing atmosphere with the bar and the staff were really helpful and looked after you really well, especially luis :)

Thanks for your comments. Have a great trip, we are looking foward to have you back.

The wifi needs a little work. Instead of big huge red waterproof wrist bands. What about making the bands smaller in width. They get in the way. 😇😇😇. Coming back in october and cant wait. AMAZING

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Wales

YEEEAAAAHHHHH¡¡¡ THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. We are working on our Internet, soon will be fix. Cheers.

Totally it is a nice place

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4