Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

I loved this place!! so central! with a terrace overlooking the cathedral where you can have breakfast or a drink. room was small but ok and colorful. bathrooms ok. it is very safe in the night as well. i didnt partecipate but they seem to have lots of nice activities. breakfast could be better, but thats really a minor flaw, super super reccomended!!!

Staff is very friendly and helpful. The only issues I found were that the rooms are kind of warm, with no fans and the noise coming from the restaurant was a little loud. We were on the first floor so I would recommend higher rooms. The terrace was fun, we had a great time with the guys at the bar, very funny and social!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. We have fans at the front desk, we lend them fo free¡¡ (Next time just come and ask at the front desk.) Please come back any time, we are glad that you enjoy your staying.

Like other times everything was fine but the restaurant at the entrance used to be the lobby now its not allowed to be there its just a restaurant, I visited 3 new hostels around and Hostel Cathedral its still the best

Thanks for your comments, they help us to et better. In fact, In the have a restaurant, we have a specially designated area, that is our waiting space or labby for huest. We will look at this matter, thanks to letting us know. Cheers.

Great location and security, quite noisy at night so bring some earplugs as all rooms open onto the main entrance which has a restaurant. Drinks quite expensive in bar.

Thanks for your comments they helps us to get better. Safe travels.

A great Hostel, clean with a great rooftop bar. Thanks to Luis, we had a great Night out in Condesa!!!

• 8th Aug 2014

We are glad that you have fun with us. Luis says "HI" Cheers, come back any time.

I absolutely loved this hostel. I met wonderful people from around the world in my dorm room, on walking tours, and on the roof. The roof for breakfast and bar time is amazing. The location is phenomenal -- you are close to the Metro, in the center of the tourist attractions/shops, and you have great views at all times. The free walking tours are incredible - you will see spots you could never find on your own, plus there are some great surprises and lots of fun. There's no better choice!

YEAAAHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us, please come back any tieme¡¡¡ Safe travels

Amazing location!

Thanks for your comments.

Great hostel in the central zone of DF. Secure and well located, good atmosphere and staff. There's a bar on the rooftop with a great view, good to have a drink and smoke ;)

We are glad that you have fun with us, please come back any time¡¡ Safe travels. Cheers¡¡

It's the second time i come to this hostel, and every time i have an amazing time ! If you come to DF, hostel catedral is the place to stay at. The rooms are clean, there is computers you can use, the walking tours are really really good and if you don't feel like doing that, the rooftop bar is really chill during the day and at night there is crazy partys ! And more than anything the staff is AMAZING ! Seriously i have met great friends there, i'm never gonna regret coming to this hostel !

YEAAAAAAHHHH¡¡¡ THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. COME BACK ANY TIME

Excellent hostel. I booked for 3 nights and stayed for over a week! The staff are friendly, the hostel activities are a lot of fun (tequila night!!), and the rooftop bar with priceless view is the perfect place to meet other travelers. You won't want to leave.

• 26th Jul 2014

YEAHHHHH¡¡ Thabks for your comments. Come back any time.

Nothing super fancy, but unbeatable location and the atmosphere makes up for it. Will definitely head back there at the end of my trip!

YEAHHHH¡¡ We are glad that you have fun with us. Come back any time¡ Safe travels

The best thing about the place is the location right at Zocalo and their rooftop terrace. The room was a bit dark and nothing special, but then again, it is just for sleeping. There are tours you can book for extra pay.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. We have a light bed in every bed in the hostel. Cheers.

Only a short trip from the airport. Amazing location for the price. Had the room to myself so can't complain. Breakfast pretty much hostel standard but it's included in the price and it's on the roof terrace with an amazing view. There are lockers in each room but don't forget to bring your own pad lock!

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Please come back any time... Safe travels.

The best location. Awesome roof top bar. Clean tidy and safe. Could be noisey at night and early because of the downstairs cafe/bar and the cool looking room water pipes that are still in full use. Not great if your a light sleeper. The breakfast was mediocre. And the most rediculous annoying thing was the push timer shower. I can understand it with taps. But in a shower it's annoying.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. People usually love our breakfast, we have cool and hot meals, (not all hostels provide this). We are really concerned with the environment that is why we have timers in all our showers, we apologise if found them annoying. Please come back any time. Safe travels.

I recommend this hostel 100% to anyone. My only recommendations goes for their wifi connection. The connection was very poor, in my room, and sometimes I didn't have any signal at all. The other problem was the room key (electronic card). My key deactivated three times while there. This was very unpleasant! I had to go all away down to the main desk and reset it again. The food is GREAT! but some days they made us wait to long for it and a lot of dirty cups and plates. Adrian was great!

YEAHHHHH¡¡¡ We are glad that you have fun with us. Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. We solve the key card problem¡¡¡ Come back any time. Safe travels

Very good hsotel in mexico! perfect location, bar rooftop and cool staff!

YEAHHHH¡¡¡ Thanks for your comment. We are glad that you have a good time with us. cheers.

It is a fine hostel. I had a fairly poor experience - the hostel was booked out for some event and in general I found the hostel crowded and noisy.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better We are really sorry that you had a poor experience in the hostel, but as you said we had an amazingly ig group staying with us during the same days of your staying. We usually provide with the best hostel experience in mexico city. We are one of the most popular that is the main reason for us to be fully booked. Please come back any time, im sure that you can get the experience you want with us. Cheers

Really nice location. The staff is doing their best to help the travellers. They are frequently doing bbq on the terrace where you can enjoy the beautiful view of Zocalo. Highly recommended.

Yeahhhh¡¡¡ Thanks for your comments. Please come back any time

The Hostel is in a really good location and we felt really safe. There wasnt much on offer for breakfast so you may aswell buy your own.

• 25th Jun 2014

Thanks for your comments.

loved it, go there and enjoy! staff is really friendly and nice and the roof terrace is pretty cool! breakfast could vary more often but this is not that much of a problem.

Thanks for your comments. We are happy you have fun with us. Please come back any time¡¡

« first « Prev 1 2 3