Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

I guess I'm not a huge fan of places that feel like chains, but in Mexico City, this place nails it on all accounts. The rooftop breakfast is quite literally one of the best free hostel breakfasts by sheer virtue of its location overlooking the Zocalo and Cathedral. Super safe area, extremely well connected to metro. The only complaint: all rooms are around an open atrium, and you can hear as much as a phone ringing on the first floor from any room in the place. Overall, extraordinary spot!

• 9th Nov 2014

Thanks for comments¡ We work really for you guys to enjoy your staying with us¡ We are glad you have fun with us. Please come back any time¡

Amazing location and building right behind the Zocalo. Reasonable price as it includes a fairly substantial breakfast. Rooftop bar is awesome, such a cool hangout spot. Unfortunately quite noisy, partially due to some unfortunate dorm mates but also due to the way that noise echoes through the building. Great spot, but make sure to bring earplugs if you plan on sleeping.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We will continue with our policy of silence during night time at the rooms and halls. Sorry for the inconvenience¡ Come back any time¡

Excellent place!! Amazing vibe and I have to say great value for your money. Half a block from Zocalo (big iconic plaza in front of the national government palace) and right next to the Cathedral and the Templo Mayor (the remainings of an aztec piramid).Staff is friendly and helpful. We had a little situation when our toilet got clogged and someone came within a couple of minutes and resolved the issue. I would definetely stay here again.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We are happy you have fun with us¡ Come back any time. Cheers¡

If your in Mexico City, STAY HERE. That is all.

Thank you for that comment¡¡¡ We are glad you like us that much¡ Cheers¡

Great activities at the hostel - loved the free walking tours. Friendly and welcoming staff.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡

One of the best hostels I ever seen

woooowwww¡¡ Thanks for your comments Come back any time¡

Really friendly staff and guests, a touch noisy but a fun place in Mexico city with a great location.

Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us. Safe travels¡

No wifi: No usefull wifi and no willing to repair it. Maybe one time. Works only for some minutes a day, and than very week Missing: Every day something was missing at the breakfast. Toast, jam, scrambled eggs, juce, cerials, hot water, cups..... For an International Hostelling they should check there processes. Then its a good hostel.

I met some incredible people at Catedral and the location right on the Zocalo can't be beat. The wifi is nonexistent a lot of the time. No matter what they say, it rarely works. It became a joke among all of the travelers. The bar is fun enough. The breakfast was spot on and the shower was always hot. The lack of a common room does suck, but it's easy enough to meet people downstairs

Thanks for your comments, they helps us to get better¡ We are working with the provider and our systems staff, this wifi problem its been fix as we speak. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

Excellent location, amazing and helpful staff, very safe and very clean. It's a beautiful hostel and a definite no brainer when I'll go back to Mexico DF!

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

Hostel Cathedral is a very good place to stay in Mexico City. The The staff are truly excellent. They helped me with a number of problems and requests and they really make this place a great hostel. There was never a lack of hot water and the rooftop bar provides a great atmosphere. I only have a few criticisms. Noise can be a problem if you are sleeping below the rooftop bar, but then again it is a hostel. Wifi is unreliable and one of the computers was broken. Overall, a great place to stay!

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers¡

Good hostel but extremely noisy seriously you can hear the person in the next room breathing, the location is excellent and the athmosphere was good but the staff is not very nice they are just like cold plain people. Breakfast is good and no hostel can beat the view of this one but the other hostels close to that one are much better for the price regarding beds, noise, showers, food and staff.

Gracias por tus comentarios¡ Saludos.

Ok so this hostel was just amazing. It couldn't be situated in any better place and there's plenty of stuff going on there. I met loads of awesome people and all the staff there are legends. I made some great new friends and had a brilliant stay. I can't think of any reason why I'd even consider staying anywhere else.

• 20th Oct 2014

Fabulous location right in Centro Historico. Reception staff really friendly and helpful. WIFI a bit unreliable, but PCs available free of charge, though you might have to queue up to get one. Rooms are around a central courtyard, so can be a bit noisy sometimes. Overall a positive experience - would definitely recommend it, and would stay there again.

Wifi worked only 15% of the time No where to escape loud noise TV room used as a storage room Long lines for breakfast, poorly operate with some using it as aa smorgasbord whilst others missing out completely. Bunk beds wobbly and unstable Sold to big tourist groups not independent travelers.

Thanks for your comments, they helps us to get better¡ Please come back any time¡ cheers¡

I dont normally write reviews - usually cant be bothered - and I´ve stayed in a few places in Mexico City, as well as in Europe, South America, Central America, and Australia - and I can say this place is the bomb. Cool vibes, awesome staff, and clean rooms. The place is awesome if you want to relax or if you want to party. You can get cheaper places, sure, but dont bother. The wifi is a bit hit and miss, but its the same in the other 3 places ive stayed in Mexico City.

Thanks for your comments¡ Have a great trip, please come back any time¡ Cheers¡

WiFi will not work in rooms, only in pc lab up spiral staircase in lobby, rooftop bar is the attraction here as it looks over the city and cathedral. Also pc's are great to arrange sd cards and photos and the like if you have no laptop. Tiny bathrooms.

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers¡

All the nights I stayed at this hostel there were parties for non-guests until 2-3 AM. We could hear it from the room. So it was impossible to get a good rest. On the last night some non-guests cause problems with my roommate. There was physical aggression involved and nothing was done about it. It completely ruined our stay in Mexico City.

• 1st Oct 2014

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We apologize for the inconvenience that you have with the non - guest, but its important for you to know that we take care of the problem in that moment and ask the non - guest to leave building¡ We cant control the behavior of "some people", we try the best to help you and provide you with the best service that we can. Cheers¡

Centrally located and close to a main subway. This is a huge hostel but they run a tight ship. I was even able to have 3 nights in a dorm to myself because if they are not at full occupancy, they spread everyone around- very awesome. Get your linens when you check in, towels are available but require a deposit. Showers have nice body wash. Always a party on the roof and great tours during the day. This is a very social spot. Wifi is shakey on higher floors. Breakfast isn't great, but fresh oj.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • j881

Thanks for your comments. We try to keep our guest as comfortable as we can¡¡¡ Please come back any time. Safe travels¡

If you want to meat other young people and like to party, it is one of the best places to stay. If you don't like to party, it might me too loud for you.

Thanks for your comments. We are glad you had fun with us¡¡ Please come back any time¡¡¡ Safe Travels¡

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4