Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

I really enjoyed my stay at Mundo Joven Hostel. The restaurant down stairs does great food, breakfast was good and the bar has such an amazing view. The atmosphere at night was great. The only problem was the internet as everyone has already stated. Although it was frustrating, there are free computers to use with internet if you need.

Location is great indeed and the breakfast is good. WiFi didn't work properly, lots of connection problems. Besides that, everything was great.

Always a great time at Hostel Cathedral. Friendly, helpful staff. Public transport close by...and what's not to love about a rooftop bar with free breakfast. Great hostel any time of year.

The staff is really nice. There is a terrace that is super cool

Great hostel but watch out for staff hustle. The attendant acted as if he were out of locks and passed me off to the security guard who just "happened to have one" for 20 pesos. Other than that, this place is totally awesome!

• 27th May 2015

Excellent location. Rooftop bar provides amazing view of the area. More hostel events would be good to promote interaction amongst guests

Hey! Thanks for your review. We'll try to add events as you say. We do have an activity on the rooftop 5 nights a week and free tours 5 days a week. Our fun guy was on holiday last week so that was a bit complicated but I'm sure you'll have fun next time you come. Come back soon!

the Attention of the Staff is very Goog, the service of the WiFi is very poor, don´t connect in any room, and in the lobby fail in any moment. The Breakfast is a little simple, only one juice for person and the same every day. But the relation Price/Value is Very Good. The Atmosphere is the Good Vacation people.

Hey! Thanks for your comment. We are sorry about the wifi. That tends to be a problem but we do have computers with cable internet available for guests for free. I'm sorry to hear the breakfast was not to your liking, we are known for having the best breakfast around with eggs, hotcakes, etc, all for free. Our natural orange juice also seems to be a plus. We'll try to mix things up a bit for the next time you come. Great travels and come back soon!

The Wifi was not usable.

• 22nd May 2015

Hey! Sorry about the wifi, seems to be a problem for all buildings in the area. We are trying to find a new solution. Hope everything else was great though! Come back soon

nice place. good staff. awosome hostel!!!!! should go!!!

• 16th May 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks! Come back soon!

I loved this place except for the poor internet access. You could only connect on the ground floor and it was slow. Other than that, I loved it!

Hey! Sorry about the internet. Seems to be a problem for all buildings in the area. We are trying to get it fixed. Come back soon!

Excellent stay. Sincere friendly enthusiastic young staff. Everyone was really great - especaially Dennise. You must clean the disgusting stains on the outside of the yellow storage cabinet in Room 308 though. Managment needs to fix the Wifi - it's hopeless. Noise is another big issue but I did appreciate you shut most noise down at a reasonable hour. Thanks, I'll recommend you.

• 6th May 2015

Hey! Thanks for your comment. We will check that 308 locker! Sorry about the noise and wifi, we do try our best. Come back soon

It is a great place to stay. It has an excellent location and facilities. The staff is amazing :)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Costa Rica

The 4th floor men's bathroom was so discusting. Like really discusting. That's sad cuz the room was clean.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get bettr¡ Cheers.

The Wi-Fi is absolutely worthless no matter where you are. The rooms have no cooling, they are in desperate need of at the very least fans. However, this hostel couldn't be located closer to the Zocalo, the bar upstairs creates the perfect atmosphere for those looking to meet people and I made some awesome friends because of it. Also the his hostel has thee best breakfast value I've ever had at a hostel. With its only two faults I really can't speak poorly this hostel is still great!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Great hostel, breakfast is great. Wifi is not very good.

Thanks for your comments¡ We are wirkingon the internet. Cheers

Clean, good location,safe, bad wi-fi signal, a little bit noisy at the room even with the windows close but not a big deal, great staff, denisse is a nice person she gave us great time with the walking tours, she is so cool, talkative girl and very friendly, also at the roof bar angelo, the colombiano and the security guard (forgot their names) they were helpful and great guys, made good friends there, definitely I will come back.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comments... Please come back any time.. cheers

A great hostel right in the middle of the main part of DF. All the staff including the bar tenders were lots of fun and always had smile on their face. Drinks were pretty cheap and the view from the rooftop bar was superb. Plenty of security making me feel safe 24/7

I stayed 2 nights from 17-19 April after completing my Mexico holidays.The hostel location was superb. Checking in was easy and the staff speak good English, so you will never be a victim of communication breakdown. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped with an individual light, 2 power outlets and comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and attached to the dorm.The kitchen was well equipped with free coffee whole day. They have a bar on the 6th flr which offers a fantastic view .

Yeahhhh Thanks for your comments. Que bueno que te gustara¡ Saluds,

This hostel was great! I loved the atmosphere on the rooftop. Good place to socialize and meet people. The free breakfast was really good as well. The hostel was clean and security was good, I don't remember the guards name but he was very helpful and definitely kept things in order. Denise was good also and I enjoyed her walking yours and tequila night. My only complaint is the wifi, it was spotty. Other than that I loved my stay and will be back.

Thanks for your comments. The help us a lot... Cheers

All good apart from WIFI kept failing, an ongoing problem see previous reviews VERY noisey, with people chatting in the atrium early hours say 3 am and security not asking them to be quiet. Some people are so inconsiderate to others. Installing a false ceiling in Atriumwould reduce the problem a lot The staff are really nice and helpful...

Tanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4