Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Bad smell coming from the toilet constantly and specially after showers.

Location location location was brilliant. The roof terazz was perfect. I could stay here again!

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Safe travels.

My second time in there, Fantastic Place! Great location, great athmosphere, great breakfast! Cheers!

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

I LOVE this hostel! I recently stayed here for my first visit to Mexico City and I will definitely be back. The staff was friendly, the hostel was clean and as a woman traveling with another female, we felt very safe...both in the hostel and in the area it was located. The rooftop bar was so much fun to hang out, have drinks, listen to music and meet other people staying there. Our last night there a DJ was spinning electronic music on the rooftop - I was in heaven!

Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us.... Please come back any time¡ cheers

Fun place, easy to meet people, good breakfast and great location. Rooftop bar has a pretty amazing view. It can be a little loud as most rooms just seem to have wooden shutters and the whole place echoes since the walls are tile, but i would definitely come back and just bring some earplugs.

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ Cheers

Hostel was clean and in a good location. Ridiculously noisy from 7pm through to 4am from people talking, the piping systems were extremely loud whenever any other room used water in showers or flushing and the cafe down stairs also produced a lot of noise. The windows are just wooden shutters so no noise is blocked from outside the room. Although clean, the shower is one stream of water from one hole in the shower head (if you could call it that) and blasts like a jet.

• 9th Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We are sorry you didnt enoy your staying with us, we try to keep everything as quiet as we can.... we ask other guest to be silence and aware of other people sleeping. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

I made reservation for one night and wanted to stay a second night, a friend at the hostel asked if they had an extra bed since I was not there yet and they told him that they did have an extra bed, when I went to pay for the extra bed the staff (guy in the evening with dark hair) told me he was all booked. Another friend went up and we explained why he had said two different things in a matter for like 3 minutes and just then he decided to check for any "cancellations", I felt this was rude.

Thanks for letting us know, we already talk with the front desk guy. It was a misunderstanding, we apologize for the inconvenience. Come back any time¡ Cheers

Cool place to stay but the staff would not give us two room keys. Kind of random.

• 7th Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments, they hekp us to get better¡ We were just giving one key per booking, during your staying we were runing a little low on key cards. But as you might know we have our staff working 24 / 7 everytime that you need you door open, we can send somebody to help you with that. Cheers

Really had a great time here. The rooftop bar is super cool. I was there on a Wednesday and they fired up the grill for some food. Beverages were cheap. Room was super secure, with good roommates. This hostel was recommended by my friend who had been there years before. I highly recommend it.

• 7th Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments¡ Please come back any time... We are glad you have fun with us. Cheers

Apparently Mexico City is notorious for its terrible hostels, but I only stayed here, so I have no idea how this hostel ranks in comparison. PROS: centrally located behind the zocalo. has a cool bar upstairs with a pretty serious view. CONS: dirty. saw multiple cockroaches during my stay.no common areas, other than the bar upstairs. sound really travels. Also, THE WIFI IS TERRIBLE AND NEVER EVER WORKS. EVER.

• 1st Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We have many common areas, such as: TV Room, Kitchen & terrace, Bar & Terrace, Computer Area, Restaurant, sure you miss them¡ Hopefully you will come back and get to know them. We work with HI cleaning standards, (usually people flatter us) we are sorry you didnt find us clean enought, its important for you to know that every problem or disliking with pur service we will be happy to help you¡ Cheers¡

Nice hostel but the staff didn't really make an effort to get people involved with the activities on offer. I didn't even realise the activities where on until the end of my stay. I also didnt know there was free coffee in the kitchen as this was never mentioned. Other than that I had a good stay.

Great facilities next to Zocalo Square and a 5 minute walk to the metro. Everyone complains about the wi fi, but put your phone down and actually engage the people around you. Staff are generally great, especially Luis who runs the free walking tours. Events like tequila night and random parties keep the atmosphere fun and and exciting. See you next time!

Best location and best view on the Cathedral from the terrace. Private security all the time too, very reassuring. We had the room on the 5th floor, right beneath the terrace, which, as a result was a bit noisy, but "only" until 2 am :) Advice : arrive early (around 8-8:30am) for breakfast, otherwise, there is nothing left.

Thanks for your comments¡ We are sorry for the noise, we try to keep it as quiet as we can... Come back any time¡ Cheers

Internet is horrible

• 29th Dec 2014
  • China

Thanks for your comments¡ We are working on that matter, now its working better¡ Cheers¡

Great place for a party and to meet people.

Thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

You can't beat the location. The rooms are loud because they open to the courtyard so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

Unbeatable location for exploring the centro historico, and a beautiful rooftop patio to breakfast on in the morning or have a few beers at night. Quite social, though loud. Would certainly recommend in DF.

Stayed for 6 nights and absolutely loved this place. It's quite a big hostel, cool party vibe, but you can equally relax if you like. Best location of a hostel ever. Rooftop bar is fantastic, and offers some great views of the Zocalo and Mexico City. Staff were extremely helpful - props to Luis for being such a legend with free walking tours and nighttime activities. Excellent atmosphere and free breakfast too. A must-visit.

Great your guide

• 26th Dec 2014

Thanks for your comments¡ Safe travels¡

It was a worst hostel we've ever stayed! Just take a look: receptionist told me there are free coffee on the kitchen,so we can go and make it for ourselfs. OK. But there are NO cups or even plastic ones! I asked guy in terrace bar to give me a cup,he told me he can't do that, ask the reception!:) Sounds nice:) So,go on: on the check-in there are NO towels! Cause all of them are in use! What i need to do? NO laundry! And,of course,NO internet!The MAIN things in this hostel are lost.Don't go there

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We apologize for all this problems that you have to experience... This weekend it was a very busy one and our loundry provider experience some problems, we try to fixed as fast as we could... Please come back any time and check us out again, we will be really happy to should you how good we can be. Cheers¡

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4