Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

This hostel is amazing. Very well located, nearby or easy way to everywhere. The room is good with a large locker. Bathroom always clean. The breakfast has everything you need and is ver good. The staff is friendly and very helpful. But, and it is a big BUT, th wifi is horrible. Is the worst hostel wifi that i've seen. The wifi works poorly in te reception! In the room, forget it! Guys, seriously, you have to fix this problem. Therefore, i absolutely love this hostel an super duper recommend it!

The request that I made in writing on booking with hostelworld was ignored. HI Cathedral said they could not find it. When I got there, they had no record that I was looking for a bottom bunk in an area NOT overlooking the light-well over the noisy restaurant and sitting area. Instead I was put in the same noisy room as I had stayed in before. I also became very ill while there and have had a private conversation with the manager as to how that was handled. The breakfast was very good.

The free rooftop breakfast is amazing: scrambled eggs, pancakes, and fresh fruit! Unbeatable in the hostel world! We also loved the restaurant downstairs and the rooftop bar!

Bad: The wifi is terrible, even in the place where it was supposed to have strong connection, the wifi was poor. People staff should be more proactive. I found hairs in my "clean" sheets. Good: There were independant rooms for the shower and the toilet, The lockers were big, with enough space. And the breakfast was good, but it could be better to vary more with the fruits, they served only melon and watermelon. In general, the hostel was ok.

The location of this hostel can't be beat in Mexico City. The key card system was not working when we arrived on Saturday. So for the two days a two nights that we stayed there we had to be the security guard to let us into our room. This was an inconvenience because he was really busy letting a number of other people into there rooms. We ended up spending a fair bit of time waiting around for him. Their internet wasn't working while we were there either.

• 28th Mar 2015

The place is nice. The only issue was the shower it was difficult to have hot water, you have to spend a lot time with the key open. The breakfast zone is same for bar, so it is not clean enough for the morning time.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Safe travels¡

great location in the centre of the city. Nice rooms, hot showers with push buttons, toilets had a acidic smell to them though. The roof bar is a great way to meet people and the staff were very helpful. breakfast is good, eggs, beans, fruit, cereal and juice.

Thanks for your comments¡ We are glad you have fun with us. Cheers¡

Noise and more noise!WiFi does not work and no elbow space anywhere.

Thanks for your comments, as you know during the night time... we try to keep the hostel as quiet as we can ... Safe travels¡ Cheers

Great location, but the hostel is noisy, and the wifi is terrible. Replace your couches please! Staff were great- Big thanks to the lovely dude with the cool asymmetrical haircut (sorry have forgotten your name) who went out of his way to help me with some Spanish phone calls to Cuba. The cafe has good food- try the pollo in the Aztec bowl- amazing.

Fantastic... great atmosphere

Yeaaahhh¡¡ Thanks for your comments¡

My friends and I had a wonderful time at the hostel. We have stayed there twice because we enjoyed our stay so much. However, one of our group was in a room with very noisy and rowdy roommates. When he requested to be moved, he had to pay a room change fee. I do not think this was fair as it was his roommates that were the source of trouble but he had to pay for their lack of consideration.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Kenya

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ To be honest, we do not charge any extra money for moving somebody form a room to another, (just in the case that its a different type of room woth a diferent price, then we charge the difference) But if we are talking about the same kind of room, we dont charge anything. Next time, please free to talk and ask for the manager, we are looking foward to help you and solve any kinf of issues. Cheers

It is a safe and clean environment. Really worth it!

Thanks for your comments¡ Safe travels and come back any time¡ Cheers

Good: Decently clean rooms, Excellent (and I mean excellent) Location, fair price, conveniently located safes and key cards. Bad: Zero Atmosphere...If I wanted to stay at a hotel I'd just do that. Staff was nice, but not very helpful apart from doing the bare minimum. This place can't decide if it wants to be a party hostel or normal one, which makes for some poor sleep at times. Wifi was pretty inconsistent and poor generally too.

Thanks for your comments¡

Great place to stay -- better if you're into going out to bars and such though. Wonderful views from the rooftop bar!

Thanks for your comments¡ Come back any time¡ cheers

Perfect location! Priceless view from the rooftop.

it is a party hostel, but the lady at the front desk on the night shift was a lpain in the bottom. She was always complaining about the noise at the roof bar. HELLO!!!!!!......it is a party hostel!!!!!. And the wifi is really bad as always.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

This was my 2nd hostel in d.f. and it was perfect. I had a private room which was spacious and clean. The rooftop bar is great for meeting people, and the restaurant downstairs is great as well. It can be noisy, but the loaction is worth it. Also I was able to book tickets for a bus at their on site travel agency!

• 2nd Mar 2015

We are glad you have fun woth us... Please come back any time¡ Thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

Nice few on the terrace over cathedral and parts of zocalo. Also very helpful tours and actions offered. Unfortunately the rooms orientated to the patio only feature folding shutters. So the rooms are exposed to all the noises of the house and to the kitchen smell of the restaurant.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ As you know we try to keep the hostel as quiet as we can. (we have many signals). During the night, for some guest its difficult to lower voices... Please come back any time¡ Cheers

I saw before booking that others had been unhappy with the Wi-Fi.in the week that i was there it was extremely unstable and often didnt work at all.. aside from that, it's a well run fun place to be and so central and safe. The addition of powerpoints above every bed and elsewhere in the room means you can put a device in a locker (bring your own lock) and if you have a longish cable, charge it there. The rooms are on card operated locks.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better... We are continuously trying to fix the internet, we talk almost every day with the provider. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

The truth is that I don't have a lot to say because I only stayed one night at the hostel, even though it was nice. The only thing is that there was a big guy in the bunk bed above mine who everytime he moved the entire bed move waking me up hahaha!!! But I can't blame the hostel or that guy. It was kind of funny actually. Hehe. Before I went to bed I had a nice conversation with an american woman, she was nice. Too bad I didn't even know her name. So my review is a good one for this hostel. (Y)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

jajajaja¡ Thanks for your comments¡ Hopefully next time you ask name and details to all the people you meet¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5