Hostel Cathedral Reviews

Republica de Guatemala No 4, Colonia Centro, Mexico City, Mexico

Fantastic... great atmosphere

Good: Decently clean rooms, Excellent (and I mean excellent) Location, fair price, conveniently located safes and key cards. Bad: Zero Atmosphere...If I wanted to stay at a hotel I'd just do that. Staff was nice, but not very helpful apart from doing the bare minimum. This place can't decide if it wants to be a party hostel or normal one, which makes for some poor sleep at times. Wifi was pretty inconsistent and poor generally too.

Great place to stay -- better if you're into going out to bars and such though. Wonderful views from the rooftop bar!

it is a party hostel, but the lady at the front desk on the night shift was a lpain in the bottom. She was always complaining about the noise at the roof bar. HELLO!!!!!!......it is a party hostel!!!!!. And the wifi is really bad as always.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

This was my 2nd hostel in d.f. and it was perfect. I had a private room which was spacious and clean. The rooftop bar is great for meeting people, and the restaurant downstairs is great as well. It can be noisy, but the loaction is worth it. Also I was able to book tickets for a bus at their on site travel agency!

• 2nd Mar 2015

We are glad you have fun woth us... Please come back any time¡ Thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

Nice few on the terrace over cathedral and parts of zocalo. Also very helpful tours and actions offered. Unfortunately the rooms orientated to the patio only feature folding shutters. So the rooms are exposed to all the noises of the house and to the kitchen smell of the restaurant.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ As you know we try to keep the hostel as quiet as we can. (we have many signals). During the night, for some guest its difficult to lower voices... Please come back any time¡ Cheers

I saw before booking that others had been unhappy with the Wi-Fi.in the week that i was there it was extremely unstable and often didnt work at all.. aside from that, it's a well run fun place to be and so central and safe. The addition of powerpoints above every bed and elsewhere in the room means you can put a device in a locker (bring your own lock) and if you have a longish cable, charge it there. The rooms are on card operated locks.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better... We are continuously trying to fix the internet, we talk almost every day with the provider. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

The truth is that I don't have a lot to say because I only stayed one night at the hostel, even though it was nice. The only thing is that there was a big guy in the bunk bed above mine who everytime he moved the entire bed move waking me up hahaha!!! But I can't blame the hostel or that guy. It was kind of funny actually. Hehe. Before I went to bed I had a nice conversation with an american woman, she was nice. Too bad I didn't even know her name. So my review is a good one for this hostel. (Y)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

jajajaja¡ Thanks for your comments¡ Hopefully next time you ask name and details to all the people you meet¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

Nice hostel very helpful staff. It's a bit loud, especially on the first floor because the dining area downstairs gets busy and loud. The wifi is very spotty and I had trouble getting decent reception on my phone as well. The rooftop bar is really nice though and I had a great time there. Breakfast was continental, but still a nice perk. The location is fantastic as it's right by the Zocalo with easy access to a lot of the main attractions, as well as to the subway lines. Would stay again.

Thanks for your comments¡ The help us a lot¡¡ Cheers

Stayed Four Nights at the hostel which is located right in the Center of DF, behind the Cathedral at zocalo. The Location And the rooftop Bar of the hostel are outstanding. The hostel itself with athmosphere was alright and a decent breakfast included. What i die not like was that the bathrooms which were for the dorms to use Where really dirty. The mens Rest room always smelled so bad that i did not want to use it and rather went to nearby Restaurants

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Safe travels¡ Cheers

A good place to rest and to talk with travelers. Good service!

• 20th Feb 2015

Thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

Above all, its a great hostel and i would stay there again for sure, especially for the terrace bar and the staff who works there at night and the social vibe of the hostel But...they are expensive and should improve some stuff to make it worth it. At breakfast, many times there is no coffe, or the coffe is cold. The common bathrooms are not very clean and the reception staff sometimes is rude or careless. They should also relax about the silence after 10pm.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We care a lot about our guest and the money that they paid, we are one of the most cheapest hostels in mexico city, please check out food prieces and accomodation around this neightborhood. We provide breakfast are included in our accomodation, hot and cold dishes such as: eggs, hot cakes, fruit, bread, juice, etc. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

Great place to meet others, got all the facilities you need and its clean. The wifi isn't consistent but that was the only fault. Great free walking tours most days and an awesome upstairs bar. Really enjoyed my stay!

Thanks for your comments¡ Please come back any time¡ Cheers

Overall great place, staff were nice and accommodating. Lost my free breakfast ticket twice and was fortunate enough to get another one at the front desk with no hassle.

• 18th Feb 2015

Thanks for your comments¡ Cheers

Hostel Cathedral is in a great location and the vibe is exactly what you're looking for as a traveler. Fun group outings, a terrace bar, and a great breakfast served on the roof! I will definitely stay in this Hostel next time I return to DF.

Thanks For your comments¡¡¡ Safe Travels and please come back any time¡ Cheers

This is a very good hostel with an excelent location! The room is clean and they really value silence. Don´t worry if you like to party ´cause you can have some fun at the terrace. The view is amazing! Wifi is poor and unstable! Last thing: DO NOT belive the staff when they tell you that your taxi to the airport is gonna take from 5 -15 minutes to arrive at the front door of the hostel! My taxi took 1 hour to arrive at the hostel and I almost miss my flight!

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ As you might know we dont manage the taxi service, we work with a taxi company (that offer us better rates for our guest). We are sorry that sometimes taxis might take a little more tah they supposted to, and we understand how rude this could be... Safe travels

Great location; clean. Staff were very kind and helpful. Really great hostel.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to be better¡ we are glad you have fun with us¡ safe travels¡

Very helpful friendly staff, great view fron the roof top bar, great central location. Wifi isn't great but Who care when you have an amazing city to get lost in :-)

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ We are glad you have fun with us, come back any time¡ Cheers

I did not have problems regarding the service, reservation, expectation, etc. They were very kind in the treatment and always available to help. To recomment: the free walking tour with "Ivan" To improve: the breakfast

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better¡ Come back any time¡ cheers.

staff at reception are not friendly or helpfull. central location. good breakfast but not much facilities.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better and improve our work. Usually people love our reception staff. Please come back any time¡ Cheers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5