Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's one more hostel running only for making money and for or by travellers. Everything is extra: towels, lockers, hostelworld fee, city tax, breakfast. Facilities are poor. Low maintainance. There is not even soap in the bathroom. Cheap, but rather pay a little bit more and go somewhere else.

This hostel was in a great location and the rooms were comfortable, the staff also very helpfully and friendly. However there were always children around the hostel witch i think is unacceptable. we also had a problem with a staff member that tried to charge us €60 per person for a friday night when it was advertised on hostel world for €45 per person.

No way near Central Amsterdam. Just poor rooms, atmosphere, facilities and quality compared to other hostels I have stayed in. Booked 2 nights but only stayed for 1.

I arrived a few hours after my "estimated arrival time" due to my flight being delayed. I e-mailed the hostel as soon as I had wifi and let them know that I was on my way. I arrive at midnight and he had given my room up! I asked why he would do such a thing since I put a deposit on the room and it states that if there is a no-show I would be charged the night anyways. He said there is a 2 hours max rule and after that time the beds are gone. He did this to another customer that night - HORRIBLE

not fair comment!! he got to say that we mailed hem immediately after his mail on 24 o'clock while his arrival time was 17 o'clock!! that he is too late by contacting us. we gave hem our sleeping place at the reception, both alone, with a privet bath. FOR FREE!! at that time, he was grateful, in the morning, we had a regular room for hem, but he asked compensation on the remaining nights (discount) because they are students and has not so much. some guests cam be thankful on a way like this.

Very good location but too dirty and poor facility. And if you use the security locker you must pay for 2 euro. 짧게 말해서 그냥 중앙역에서 가까우나 뭐 암스어느숙소든 위치는 다 비슷비슷 왜냐? 암스가 작으니까... 시설 4인실인데 엄청오래된침대에 티비 진짜 개코딱지만함 거기에 비디오플레이어 단 거 보고 엄청 웃음 장난하냐? ㅋㅋ 돈 밝히는 터키주인장. 빨래하는데 10유로 달라하고 시큐리티라커는 2유로였나 암튼 돈 받고 ~ 가격대비에서도 비추임. 그냥 딴 데 가세요 한국분들. 장점? 없음 워낙 서양애들도 기피하는 추세인 듯. 4인실 간다면 워낙 손님 없어서 가끔 혼자 방을 쓰는 행복? ㅋㅋ 실제로 하루 혼자 있었음 그것 빼곤 없음. 조식? 시설보고 뻔해서 안 먹음요

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

There was no common room, breakfast or atmosphere here. The staff were friendly but not informative at all. The area is nice but very quiet. Would not go back to this hostel

Nice hostel but ask for a room on the lower floors as the stairs are very very steep. Great restaurant downstairs and the owners/staff are very very helpful

We enjoyed our stay, but the shower situation was weird. Having a bathroom/shower in our room was awesome, but there should be some kind of divider between the shower and rest of the bathroom so that the whole bathroom doesn't flood every time someone showers. Definitely could use more outlets too, we were struggling with the 4 that we could find. The steps were really steep but still manageable, we thought they were kind of cool really.

The staff were very pleasant and willing to help. The location is great only 10 mins away from everything. There is also a very good reasonably priced restaurant attached next door. When we hired bikes the security was very god as there was parking outside the front of the hostel.

• 25th May 2014

Nice and clean. Not a great atmosphere to meet people.

The man who ran it was really friendly and helpful, it is not right in the middle of amsterdam (by the zoo) however we found this an advantage as the center was really busy and it was quite where we were staying. There is no curfew which was great as we did not have to worry about coming back before a certain time. The stairs are very steep so be careful if you have heavy luggage but apart from that we enjoyed our brief stay and the staff were really lovely!

• 4th Apr 2014