Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

There should be a common use bathroom.

• 8th May 2015

Was nice and secure, had to check out really early due to our flight, please email jackcruickshank@hotmail.co.uk with address details and I'll post the room cards back, thanks again, we will be back

• 7th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Terribly unprofessional, poorly ran hostel. My room was taken off me a day before I flew out and we we're put in another room and told to pay €200 extra when we got there. The place stunk the entire time, room was basic, the property should cost about £10 a day, even that would be a steal. Far too overpriced and nowhere near good value for money, nobody ever book this

The property is very run down. My locker broke the minute I put my stuff in it. The receptionist is never there so I couldn't access my locker for two days. The sink is in the shower not the bathroom? I felt very unwelcome when I first arrived.

• 14th Mar 2015

Really expensive, dirty facilities and bedsheets; but in close proximity to the zoo.

For 10 euros was actually ok... One of the things that I didn't like was that the sink was located inside the shower and at some point the sink actually fell, so we were not able to use it anymore.

It was awesome, very helpful people and a good place to stay in Amsterdam. We will come again! You can also rent bicycles right there

• 19th Feb 2015

Upon showing up there were TWO additional booking fees tht are neither emailed to you nor on the page you see when making the booking; it was for a 5€ fee for EACH set of linen you require, as well as a 5% tax AFTER the linen fee and whatever you have remaining to owe. A couple customers in our room noticed this and the discrepancies but in the checkin/out room there is a poster that claims about these fees. Also. We weren't ever given linen.. Only the blanket that was on te bed. No lockers too.