Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The room was comfortable, everything was clean and it is near the city center (just a bit far [walking] from the pub's and disco squares) . Overall we had a pleasant stay.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Portugal

The disappointed living experience.

Good location, withing ten minutes walking distance of the central city. It's nice that's it's not directly in the city because it's quiet at night. There's also two of the best coffee shops on the way to the city from the hostel. Staff was very nice. No community area or kitchen was really the only down fall

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!, IT IS A MONEY GRABBING HOSTEL PREYING ON THE PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO GET HIGH. FACILITIES, CLEANLINES, ATMOSPHERE SECRURITY (PAY EXTRA FOR) LOCATION IS ALL NON EXSISTANT. I ENDED MY TRIP HERE AND WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. WOULD OF RATHER PAID FOR A HOTEL.

Extremely kind and generous hosts, Achmid made our whole stay possible and really went out of his way for us! Thank you again so much!!!!!

• 25th Oct 2014

In a nice area and close to the resistance museum but it's noting special

This is a bed only, no chair anywhere or somewhere to sit and chill. Rooms are very small and no privacy at all. If you get a top bunk then you are subject to the light coming on every time someone comes or goes ! Nice helpful staff but this is a bed ONLY !

The location is good, in front of a train station. Unfortunately, the beds are very narrow, the bathroom is very small and the floor gets all wet after the shower. Besides that, there are few electrical outlets and just near the floor. So if you are in the upper bed, you need to let your cellphone charging on the floor. Some changes in the structure of the bedrooms could make the experience much better.

such great, friendly staff who were happy to store our bags until 10pm once we had checked out. Met some great travelers there too. Would definitely recommend.

this hostel is perfect to live amsterdam. quiete place, near the center and with a gentil staff.

• 21st Oct 2014

The entrance to the hostel is shocking, a very steep staircase you have to climb on all fours with your luggage. There is know common area to sit and chill, the toilet and shower and a bit too close in the same small room. Would not recommend.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Centraal. The staff was nice and helpful, and I chose to stay longer than intended in Amsterdam. They accommodated for me to stay extra nights. Overall, satisfied!

We stayed off season and in the middle of the week so it was kinda empty. The room was good and clean but lacking in electric sockets. There was now atmosphere because I think we were the only people in the place.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Good place to stay and not that far from the center.

This place is perfect for walking distance to the heart of Amsterdam. The staff was friendly and helpful as far as getting around town. There are a couple things to keep in mind if you do stay here. The hostel doesn't have a lift, and if you don't bring your own town you'll have to pay €2. If you stay hight than the second floor you cannot connect to the wifi. Other than that it was nice. There is also an Italian restaurant next door which is pretty good.

It's one more hostel running only for making money and not for or by travellers. Everything is extra: towels, lockers, hostelworld fee, city tax, breakfast. Facilities are poor. Low maintainance. There is not even soap in the bathroom. Cheap, but rather pay a little bit more and go somewhere else.

This hostel was in a great location and the rooms were comfortable, the staff also very helpfully and friendly. However there were always children around the hostel witch i think is unacceptable. we also had a problem with a staff member that tried to charge us €60 per person for a friday night when it was advertised on hostel world for €45 per person.

No way near Central Amsterdam. Just poor rooms, atmosphere, facilities and quality compared to other hostels I have stayed in. Booked 2 nights but only stayed for 1.

I arrived a few hours after my "estimated arrival time" due to my flight being delayed. I e-mailed the hostel as soon as I had wifi and let them know that I was on my way. I arrive at midnight and he had given my room up! I asked why he would do such a thing since I put a deposit on the room and it states that if there is a no-show I would be charged the night anyways. He said there is a 2 hours max rule and after that time the beds are gone. He did this to another customer that night - HORRIBLE

not fair comment!! he got to say that we mailed hem immediately after his mail on 24 o'clock while his arrival time was 17 o'clock!! that he is too late by contacting us. we gave hem our sleeping place at the reception, both alone, with a privet bath. FOR FREE!! at that time, he was grateful, in the morning, we had a regular room for hem, but he asked compensation on the remaining nights (discount) because they are students and has not so much. some guests cam be thankful on a way like this.

Very good location but too dirty and poor facility. And if you use the security locker you must pay for 2 euro. 짧게 말해서 그냥 중앙역에서 가까우나 뭐 암스어느숙소든 위치는 다 비슷비슷 왜냐? 암스가 작으니까... 시설 4인실인데 엄청오래된침대에 티비 진짜 개코딱지만함 거기에 비디오플레이어 단 거 보고 엄청 웃음 장난하냐? ㅋㅋ 돈 밝히는 터키주인장. 빨래하는데 10유로 달라하고 시큐리티라커는 2유로였나 암튼 돈 받고 ~ 가격대비에서도 비추임. 그냥 딴 데 가세요 한국분들. 장점? 없음 워낙 서양애들도 기피하는 추세인 듯. 4인실 간다면 워낙 손님 없어서 가끔 혼자 방을 쓰는 행복? ㅋㅋ 실제로 하루 혼자 있었음 그것 빼곤 없음. 조식? 시설보고 뻔해서 안 먹음요

• 28th Jul 2014