Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Hostel Centraal is over expensive for what it offers. It's a simple place and we paid 45 euros per day. Nothing to complain or say beyond that.

• 16th Nov 2012

Great hostel! highly recommended. Key highlights are how friendly and helpful the staff are, location is great right next to the tram station and a 20 minute walk to centraal station. Also very secure big lockers!

• 9th Nov 2012
  • Egypt

Everything was ok, the staff is very nice and helpful. If I come back to Amsterdam, I will be definitively at hostel centraal.

• 30th Oct 2012
  • Poland

It's a pretty basic hostel, but you have everything you need! I don't know if it was just because I kept getting lost but the hostel seemed a bit out of the way if you were walking, but even at that it wasn't too far. It's particularly good for back-packers, because they have big lockers you could fit a person in (literally, i'm 5ft 9' and my friend was able to close the door!) The hostel was clean, staff were friendly, just bring the essentials like shampoo, tooth paste and soap, the usual!

• 27th Oct 2012

We had a lovely stay, the staff were excellent and really friendly, would definitely stay here again :o)

You will get what you paid for. It is not far from Dam Square. The staff were very friendly. One night I came almost unconscious but the man at the office was very helpful. It was fun staying there. Do not expect much. You will get what you paid for. I would definitely stay in the same hostel when I will go to Amsterdam next year.

• 22nd Oct 2012
  • Nepal

the carpet on the stairs should really be replaced.

• 8th Oct 2012

Very helpful staff, very welcoming and friendly. Basic facilities, no kitchen, wasn't too much of a problem but annoying if you are on a budget. Breakfast is very limited European style- toast, cereal, ham, cheese, coffee. In a nice area of the city, quiet but only 10-15 mins walk from Red Light district etc. I would stay here again.

good hostel, good location near amsterdam university, wonderfully friendly staff :)

Staff was the most friendly one I´ve ever had. The guy at the reception knew even my name.

• 26th Sep 2012

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location, easy to find.

• 21st Sep 2012

Good value for money. Great location only a 5 minute walk to reinbrant square which is we're all the action is and not that far from dam or the red light. There isn't a kitchen and no real common area to meet people.

I thought everything was great for the price i paid except two things. The wifi only worked well in the lobby downstairs and the stairs are a bit narrow. Otherwise I recommend this hostel.

A nice hostel, good situated.

Don't use laundry here. I received my laundery without the finest shirt(70euro) and original washing plastic bag though I asked them to return it back. Of course they did not take any responsibility as "the laundry service company is not ours". Well enough. The staff at reception are good and kind though.

Not a bad place, maybe just a bit expensive for what it offers, but it's quite comfortable and easy to find. The staff was really disposable and kind, giving some good information to enjoy the staying in the city. It's not that far from the central station (15-20 min. on foot), it's connected with two tram lines and one night bus line, free small breakfast offered.

Very average. Location is not that good as the name would tell.

Hostel staff were very friendly. When the showers were cloggged, they came and fixed them right away. Staff was also very knowledgeable on the events in town.

Originally I booked for 2 nights, as soon as we got there we realized were going to stay there the whole trip (7 nights), the location was goo for us, around 15 minutes walk from Dam Sq. and all the attractions, the place was clean, the breakfest was good, staff was nice and overall the place is very well managed, we enjoyed our stay there.

• 10th Aug 2012
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good points: free Breakfast, WiFi, location, No "Coffee Shop" nearby, staffs are good. I was looking for the place with no cannabis smoke coz I don't like smell, so this is a good choice. Nice canal around here and close to zoo! But I didn't get it that they have weekend price... Every hostels in Amsterdam did the same so difficult to avoid it... but it was up to DOUBLE!! it's ridiculous. Bathroom was smelly bad and BF place is so small with many people with 1? hour breakfast time.