Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

You will get what you paid for. It is not far from Dam Square. The staff were very friendly. One night I came almost unconscious but the man at the office was very helpful. It was fun staying there. Do not expect much. You will get what you paid for. I would definitely stay in the same hostel when I will go to Amsterdam next year.

• 22nd Oct 2012
  • Nepal

the carpet on the stairs should really be replaced.

• 8th Oct 2012

Very helpful staff, very welcoming and friendly. Basic facilities, no kitchen, wasn't too much of a problem but annoying if you are on a budget. Breakfast is very limited European style- toast, cereal, ham, cheese, coffee. In a nice area of the city, quiet but only 10-15 mins walk from Red Light district etc. I would stay here again.

good hostel, good location near amsterdam university, wonderfully friendly staff :)

Staff was the most friendly one I´ve ever had. The guy at the reception knew even my name.

• 26th Sep 2012

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location, easy to find.

• 21st Sep 2012

Good value for money. Great location only a 5 minute walk to reinbrant square which is we're all the action is and not that far from dam or the red light. There isn't a kitchen and no real common area to meet people.

I thought everything was great for the price i paid except two things. The wifi only worked well in the lobby downstairs and the stairs are a bit narrow. Otherwise I recommend this hostel.

A nice hostel, good situated.

Don't use laundry here. I received my laundery without the finest shirt(70euro) and original washing plastic bag though I asked them to return it back. Of course they did not take any responsibility as "the laundry service company is not ours". Well enough. The staff at reception are good and kind though.

Not a bad place, maybe just a bit expensive for what it offers, but it's quite comfortable and easy to find. The staff was really disposable and kind, giving some good information to enjoy the staying in the city. It's not that far from the central station (15-20 min. on foot), it's connected with two tram lines and one night bus line, free small breakfast offered.

Very average. Location is not that good as the name would tell.

Hostel staff were very friendly. When the showers were cloggged, they came and fixed them right away. Staff was also very knowledgeable on the events in town.

Originally I booked for 2 nights, as soon as we got there we realized were going to stay there the whole trip (7 nights), the location was goo for us, around 15 minutes walk from Dam Sq. and all the attractions, the place was clean, the breakfest was good, staff was nice and overall the place is very well managed, we enjoyed our stay there.

• 10th Aug 2012
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good points: free Breakfast, WiFi, location, No "Coffee Shop" nearby, staffs are good. I was looking for the place with no cannabis smoke coz I don't like smell, so this is a good choice. Nice canal around here and close to zoo! But I didn't get it that they have weekend price... Every hostels in Amsterdam did the same so difficult to avoid it... but it was up to DOUBLE!! it's ridiculous. Bathroom was smelly bad and BF place is so small with many people with 1? hour breakfast time.

Stairs were the worst part of this place and with a 55+ lb suitcase along with a backpack and bag I not only overpacked but got a serious arm workout for 3 flights of spiral steep steps all the way to my room. The rest of the hostel was awesome - a nice little balcony with a great view, a clean bathroom with a great shower, the basic meat and cheese breakfast, no wi-fi past the floor with the desk so everyone crammed into this room daily but it was still nice, courteous staff, closely distant!

O.K. for a night or two, but definitively overpriced. Staff was nice though and the location is really good.

• 4th Aug 2012

Great staff and good security with clean bathrooms made the stay a pleasant one but the distance was not the best ..but of course it can't be helped ..

The best part of the hostel was the helpful staff who helped me with everything i needed... Thank You!

Bottom line the hostel is cheap and is as advertised. It's about a 10 - 15 minute walk to everything worth doing, is clean, easy to find, and cheap. A basic breakfast is included. Not the best place you'll stay but if you're coming to Amsterdam to do things this hostel should suffice.