Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Centraal. The staff was nice and helpful, and I chose to stay longer than intended in Amsterdam. They accommodated for me to stay extra nights. Overall, satisfied!

• 5th Oct 2014

We stayed off season and in the middle of the week so it was kinda empty. The room was good and clean but lacking in electric sockets. There was now atmosphere because I think we were the only people in the place.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Good place to stay and not that far from the center.

This place is perfect for walking distance to the heart of Amsterdam. The staff was friendly and helpful as far as getting around town. There are a couple things to keep in mind if you do stay here. The hostel doesn't have a lift, and if you don't bring your own town you'll have to pay €2. If you stay hight than the second floor you cannot connect to the wifi. Other than that it was nice. There is also an Italian restaurant next door which is pretty good.

It's one more hostel running only for making money and not for or by travellers. Everything is extra: towels, lockers, hostelworld fee, city tax, breakfast. Facilities are poor. Low maintainance. There is not even soap in the bathroom. Cheap, but rather pay a little bit more and go somewhere else.

This hostel was in a great location and the rooms were comfortable, the staff also very helpfully and friendly. However there were always children around the hostel witch i think is unacceptable. we also had a problem with a staff member that tried to charge us €60 per person for a friday night when it was advertised on hostel world for €45 per person.

No way near Central Amsterdam. Just poor rooms, atmosphere, facilities and quality compared to other hostels I have stayed in. Booked 2 nights but only stayed for 1.

I arrived a few hours after my "estimated arrival time" due to my flight being delayed. I e-mailed the hostel as soon as I had wifi and let them know that I was on my way. I arrive at midnight and he had given my room up! I asked why he would do such a thing since I put a deposit on the room and it states that if there is a no-show I would be charged the night anyways. He said there is a 2 hours max rule and after that time the beds are gone. He did this to another customer that night - HORRIBLE

not fair comment!! he got to say that we mailed hem immediately after his mail on 24 o'clock while his arrival time was 17 o'clock!! that he is too late by contacting us. we gave hem our sleeping place at the reception, both alone, with a privet bath. FOR FREE!! at that time, he was grateful, in the morning, we had a regular room for hem, but he asked compensation on the remaining nights (discount) because they are students and has not so much. some guests cam be thankful on a way like this.

Very good location but too dirty and poor facility. And if you use the security locker you must pay for 2 euro. 짧게 말해서 그냥 중앙역에서 가까우나 뭐 암스어느숙소든 위치는 다 비슷비슷 왜냐? 암스가 작으니까... 시설 4인실인데 엄청오래된침대에 티비 진짜 개코딱지만함 거기에 비디오플레이어 단 거 보고 엄청 웃음 장난하냐? ㅋㅋ 돈 밝히는 터키주인장. 빨래하는데 10유로 달라하고 시큐리티라커는 2유로였나 암튼 돈 받고 ~ 가격대비에서도 비추임. 그냥 딴 데 가세요 한국분들. 장점? 없음 워낙 서양애들도 기피하는 추세인 듯. 4인실 간다면 워낙 손님 없어서 가끔 혼자 방을 쓰는 행복? ㅋㅋ 실제로 하루 혼자 있었음 그것 빼곤 없음. 조식? 시설보고 뻔해서 안 먹음요

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

There was no common room, breakfast or atmosphere here. The staff were friendly but not informative at all. The area is nice but very quiet. Would not go back to this hostel

Nice hostel but ask for a room on the lower floors as the stairs are very very steep. Great restaurant downstairs and the owners/staff are very very helpful

We enjoyed our stay, but the shower situation was weird. Having a bathroom/shower in our room was awesome, but there should be some kind of divider between the shower and rest of the bathroom so that the whole bathroom doesn't flood every time someone showers. Definitely could use more outlets too, we were struggling with the 4 that we could find. The steps were really steep but still manageable, we thought they were kind of cool really.

The staff were very pleasant and willing to help. The location is great only 10 mins away from everything. There is also a very good reasonably priced restaurant attached next door. When we hired bikes the security was very god as there was parking outside the front of the hostel.

• 25th May 2014

Nice and clean. Not a great atmosphere to meet people.

The man who ran it was really friendly and helpful, it is not right in the middle of amsterdam (by the zoo) however we found this an advantage as the center was really busy and it was quite where we were staying. There is no curfew which was great as we did not have to worry about coming back before a certain time. The stairs are very steep so be careful if you have heavy luggage but apart from that we enjoyed our brief stay and the staff were really lovely!

• 4th Apr 2014

This hostel is close to the center. We had a room with our personnal shower and washroom. The problem is that there are very hight stairs to climb before you get in your room so it was difficult with our luggages. The cleanliness is also far from being perfect. But the sheets were clean. It 's a good value for money.

The location was very good! The staff was very friendly!! Specialy Boesba! He gave us very good information about our trip and he was always with the smile!! We are waiting him in Creta!!!

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Greece

It was the one of the good hostels that you can stay in Amsterdam. Security was good and showers in every room makes it very comfortable. you can rent lockers for 1€ per day in your rooms. Location is not good actually, you can walk 10 min for central, however near the hostel there are zoo, university and very good coffee shops

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

We paid 5 euros extra fee because we just staid one night. So we didn't pay the price that i've booked over hostelworld. That's not fair.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear Guest; if you read the booking's conditions for one night booking, you will read it clearly written on the booking site!!!! we need to change and clean the room after your departure, and housekeeping does cost this amount, we do not profit of it at all. we just kept the conditions as it is and you can not review negative because of one condition which is clearly maintained on the site! some guests are never satisfy!!!!

Very friendly accomodating staff! Quite expensive considering the basic layout of the rooms, however it was during the new year period which could account for the high fees. Only thing to really criticize is the location. The hostel is a minimum 15-25 min walk to the red light district unless you take the tram. Dont be fooled by the name- it is no where near amsterdam centraal station!

• 29th Dec 2013