Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice hostel on east Amsterdam. Located near the zoo, at 20-30 min walk or 10 min bike ride from city center. They do rent very cheap and good bikes at the hostel and that's great. Beds are comfy, bathrooms very small yet clean. Rooms are very small but ok. The staff are extremely nice and helpful! I would trust them with my life! The neighborhood has some amazing cafe, gelato and burger places. Just a bit expensive for what you get, but that is Amsterdam. I would stay here again.

The rooms where extremely small for the amount of beds in it. There was no space for moving and for the luggage and very little ventilation.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Room was very hot. 12 people to one bathroom. No space to put things. No lockers etc

Owners were very accommodating and it was a bit far from everything but really not too bad of a walk. Although I do not recommend walking to the Heineken place.

This hostel was a mix of good and bad. When I showed up to check in the guy that ran it wasn't there, even though I had given him my check in time. There was also no breakfast served like it had said there would be in the hostel and on the site. The location was not "central" like it had you believe. Probably a 25-30 min walk to the center of the city, but not too bad at all. Beds were rock hard, there were no towels, and the wifi hardly ever worked, but it was good simple place to stay.

Staff are amazing

• 25th Jun 2015

Charming people with a cheap hostel that does what it says the tin. Recent updates are to a great standard

Hostel reception is in drug storestore, small rooms but ale perfect :) nice location in heart od citycity, recomendet

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here! Firstly I would like to remind people that this is a HOSTEL, not a hotel. And for a hostel it was pretty good. There was a clean bed to sleep in, toilets and showers that worked and key card locked doors. They had just installed a kitchen which was really great. The owner is so nice! We spoke to him and you can really tell he cares about the hostel and is trying to improve it in every way he can. The location is also pretty good. Would recommend.

Gece odama geldiğim zaman bana verilen yatakta başka bir kişi yatıyordu sabaha kadar hiç birşey yapamadım. Sabah bana yeni oda verdiler o odada yattım.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

Blijkbaar waren ze aan het verbouwen en de patron vertelde ons dat hij het eigenlijk momenteel niet zou mogen verhuren. Dat hij zelf dacht dat zijn site was afgesloten. Wat natuurlijk dikke zever was. Achteraf gezien zijn we hier echt in het zak gezet. Spijtig... Hopelijk is het er beter na de verbouwingen, maar tot dan zou ik het niemand aanraden. Met de 190€ voor 1 nacht hadden we veel beter verdiend!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

We stayed in a room with a private ensuite. The whole room and the toilet smelled real bad - apparently they recently did some maintenance work to the toilet. We were not at all happy but were told that they have a 70 hour cancellation policy. Do not stay here...

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

The only good thing was the staff. They were helpful, but if the lockers had worked they wouldn't have had to be so nice. The room was too small for four people and there was no way for me to get to the top of my bunk (the broken lockers blocked the ladder).

DO NOT fall victim to the scam of this hostel. I hesitate to even call it a hostel - it's a construction site with a dirty staircase leading up to prison like bunks in smelly, cramped rooms. The reception desk is the cashier till of a convenience store unattached to the actual hostel. There are loose wires hanging out of sockets, no kitchen, no other facilities and an overall sense of unease upon entering the building. A ridiculous amount of money for a dirty hole in the wall.

To be perfectly honest this hostel was extremely overpriced considering it's condition and location. It was by far the most expensive hostel I have stayed in, even when considering it's quality. On the other hand the sheets were clean but the room was incredibly dusty. Furthermore there was little to no atmosphere. I would not reccomend staying at hostel centraal.

• 12th May 2015

There should be a common use bathroom.

Was nice and secure, had to check out really early due to our flight, please email jackcruickshank@hotmail.co.uk with address details and I'll post the room cards back, thanks again, we will be back

• 7th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Terribly unprofessional, poorly ran hostel. My room was taken off me a day before I flew out and we we're put in another room and told to pay €200 extra when we got there. The place stunk the entire time, room was basic, the property should cost about £10 a day, even that would be a steal. Far too overpriced and nowhere near good value for money, nobody ever book this

The property is very run down. My locker broke the minute I put my stuff in it. The receptionist is never there so I couldn't access my locker for two days. The sink is in the shower not the bathroom? I felt very unwelcome when I first arrived.

• 14th Mar 2015

Really expensive, dirty facilities and bedsheets; but in close proximity to the zoo.