Hostel Centraal Reviews

Plantage Kerklaan 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Terribly unprofessional, poorly ran hostel. My room was taken off me a day before I flew out and we we're put in another room and told to pay €200 extra when we got there. The place stunk the entire time, room was basic, the property should cost about £10 a day, even that would be a steal. Far too overpriced and nowhere near good value for money, nobody ever book this

The property is very run down. My locker broke the minute I put my stuff in it. The receptionist is never there so I couldn't access my locker for two days. The sink is in the shower not the bathroom? I felt very unwelcome when I first arrived.

• 14th Mar 2015

Really expensive, dirty facilities and bedsheets; but in close proximity to the zoo.

For 10 euros was actually ok... One of the things that I didn't like was that the sink was located inside the shower and at some point the sink actually fell, so we were not able to use it anymore.

It was awesome, very helpful people and a good place to stay in Amsterdam. We will come again! You can also rent bicycles right there

• 19th Feb 2015

HOSTEL BOM PELO CUSTO BENEFICIO, BEM SIMPLES. ÚNICA CRITICA QUANTO AO BANHEIRO, POIS QUANDO NÃO TEM ESCORRIMENTO DE ÁGUA.

it's really not good i stayed in new year so it is too expebsive and my sheet had a bloody spot you can smell weed everywhere i didnt use my lockerroom but staff is really good i checked in at 8 a.m

Upon showing up there were TWO additional booking fees tht are neither emailed to you nor on the page you see when making the booking; it was for a 5€ fee for EACH set of linen you require, as well as a 5% tax AFTER the linen fee and whatever you have remaining to owe. A couple customers in our room noticed this and the discrepancies but in the checkin/out room there is a poster that claims about these fees. Also. We weren't ever given linen.. Only the blanket that was on te bed. No lockers too.

• 27th Dec 2014

The room was comfortable, everything was clean and it is near the city center (just a bit far [walking] from the pub's and disco squares) . Overall we had a pleasant stay.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Portugal

The disappointed living experience.

Personeel vriendelijk en behulpzaam. wat betreft hygiene kan het wel beter . Hier en daar lampen stuk en/of verf van de muren. maar voor de plek lekker rustig. Kat(ten) in het hostel laten hun sporen achter !!! Hostel algemeen kan wel een opknapbeurt gebruiken. Gezamelijke huiskamer zou leuke aanvulling zijn.

• 10th Nov 2014

Good location, withing ten minutes walking distance of the central city. It's nice that's it's not directly in the city because it's quiet at night. There's also two of the best coffee shops on the way to the city from the hostel. Staff was very nice. No community area or kitchen was really the only down fall

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!, IT IS A MONEY GRABBING HOSTEL PREYING ON THE PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO GET HIGH. FACILITIES, CLEANLINES, ATMOSPHERE SECRURITY (PAY EXTRA FOR) LOCATION IS ALL NON EXSISTANT. I ENDED MY TRIP HERE AND WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. WOULD OF RATHER PAID FOR A HOTEL.

Extremely kind and generous hosts, Achmid made our whole stay possible and really went out of his way for us! Thank you again so much!!!!!

• 25th Oct 2014