Hostel Centre Reviews

Sokolska 29, Prague, Czech Republic

3nights in this hostel and according to the reviews I was truly expecting worse! The beds are the most comfy I ever found in a hostel: HUGE pillows and thick cover. The atmosphere is very poor as there is no one in the common room and not any effort made in the decoration. But if you come with a group of friends, it is huge, just for you, with a micro-waves and big sofas. The showers are the big negative point: no locker, only curtains, towers outside, not very practical. Very average location

Just an average hostel! The location is quite good, about a 20~25 min walk to the centre of of Prague and only 15 mins by foot from the main train station. The Security is excellent as there are lockers for free for everyone in the room, and you need a key to your door, and the hostel checks your key upon entering the hostel again. The beds are also very comfy! The downside though is there was only a few bathrooms and showers to the whole hostel (from what I saw).

The Hostel was okay. Some people of the staff were really friendly, but some of them so so. It was pretty annoying that nobody was quieting down those people screaming in the hallways. We and our roommates woke up constantly during the night because of such people. The breakfast we took nearby, not in the hostel. I would suggest anybody, not to eat in Prague 1. Prague 2 and 3 are a lot more affordable and the food seems much better. The Kafka-Museum is a must see =) Have a nice trip!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Hostel is centrally located within Prague, but fairly far from tourist attractions. Hostel is very nice to sleep at (comfy, clean beds) but does not offer much regarding ambiance/interaction with other guests.

Excellent location and facilities. Keep up the good work !

Staffs were very good and helpful.I had a problem with the other body odor, and they changed the room for me.

We've stayed 6 nights at this hostel, in one 8 bed room. The room is normal (like in phostos), with confortable beds and spacious lockers. The bathrooms are cleaned once per day and not enough. The lounge is very big, with free internet acces, but no atmosphere. The staff from the reception is ok, but the young man who stays over night is looking at TV and sleep on the couch. The interior design is very old and the breakfast is too expensive for Prague (3.5 Euro). Overall is a good price.

Hostel has a great location! My friend and I managed to get to all the hot-spots by foot in less than 30 min. Everything else is quite average but is definitely worth its little money. The only thing I definitely didn't like is shower - too little space, no needed facilities and simply uncomfy. Btw, be ready to meet lots of Spanish and French (and I really don't know why) ;)

Just need somewhere to sleep, wash, and secure you kit

• 29th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

i'm not a fussy person, i don't need fancy facilities, just friendly staff and a good atmosphere. this hostel was the worst place i've ever stayed, so bad that i slept in the common room of my friend's hostel. no atmosphere, cold and unfriendly staff, and no fun allowed. this was exactly the opposite of what i'd heard about czech hospitality and prague hostel culture. don't be a tight ass and fall for cheap prices, don't stay here.

friendly staff,nice hostel, good location!

They mention in Hostel description that they have parking, but they don't! The parking belongs to the owner of the building and we have to pay 20€/night, that's unbeliviable and unfair with the guests. They also said that they have a PlayStation at the common area (for the guests), but it's an old PlayStation 2 that we have to pay expensive to use it. In a few words, I'll never come back, don't lost your time/money/patience. They need lies to be a little bit better than they want to be.