Hostel Centro Historico Regina Reviews

5 de Febrero No. 53 & Regina, Col. Centro Historico, Mexico City, Mexico

I really enjoyed my 3 nights there. The staff was really cool and helpful. It was locate very well, near downtown (zocola). Subway is 4 min away so perfectly reachable. Only thing what I didnt like was, that they didnt had soaps in the WCs. Was a bit strange. They had clean bed and clean towals for free. To put it in a nutshell it was really good. Offering even free computer, just need to ask for the mouse at the reception. Cheers

• 13th Sep 2014

The beds in the hostel were really uncomfortable and when I told it to the staff they didn't even wrote my complain or did somthing practical with it. the hostel has really good location, but if you're looking for atmosphere and meeting new people I would'nt reccomend it because it is so big and feels empty (at least when I was there).

The staff at this hostel were excellent. I heard them helping people in 3 different languages, but they are very patient if you want to try your beginning spanish. They have excellent information and the restaurant below the hostel is comfortable. There is also a rooftop bar. Everyone is really friendly. The rooms are well ventilated and the whole building is on a street with many food options.

This is my first time in Mexico, and Hostel Regina was the perfect place for us to stay! I was with two of my friends, and chose a dorm, which was amazing. The staffs were awesome in every respect - and of course, super helpful, and the staffs helped us to obtain the balloon ride in Teotihuacan. They are always willing to help. There is a restaurant cum bar downstairs, where we ate more than once, and made an amazing friend Mauricio! Stay at hostel Regina if you are in Mexico City. :)

• 17th Jul 2014
  • India

Regina is a great place to stay. I stayed here 2 separate times. The staff are friendly; the place is clean; showers are hot. Several restaurants and cool bars are nearby. The rooftop terrace is great, but it closes early (like 12 or 1) and is sometimes filled with restaurant eaters.

The staff is not accomodating at all :( They just don't care.

Hostel should keep electronic equipments and facilities keeping in mind the different people visiting from various parts of world. Also it should take care of the water shortage that it faces at every night till morning. Moroever, boarders should be made aware of the fact that whether there is any facility of hot water supply in the hostel or not. Other than these, the overall ambience of the hostel is very good.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • India

A really nice hostel about 5 mins walk from the zocalo. The bar on the roof was really nice and also cheap. The hostel doesn't have a common room so we didn't really see any other guests but as we were only in Mexico City for two nights this wasn't really an issue. Would definitely stay again if in Mexico City.

I really liked the location of Hostel Regina and the restaurants nearby. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Nice atmosphere in the hostel. It was a bit noisy from loud music outside and some traffic, but not too bad. I would come back for sure.

Nice hostel, with decent bathtooms. Breakfast can be improved, you do not have options (just coffe with cinemon) and bread with sugar.

Well located, small breakfast between 8-10, excellent decor, clean rooms and facilities, cool staff, safe, and well-located. I highly recommend.

Bed bugs in lot of beds and the "american breakfast" is a piece of bread with coffee

Waaauuuww, it was amazing.. The staff, aswel at the frontdesk and at breakfast were excellente. we really enjoyed staying in this hostal.. I will definitely recommend this hostal to anyone.

• 9th May 2014
  • Belgium

This place has the potential to be a great hostel, but the staff need a serious attitude shift. The room (double bed private) that we had was nice, and the shared bathrooms good. However, upon check in we were told nothing about the hostel, the local area or Mexico City in general. They do not have free maps available. We would not have known that the hostel had a bar or a kitchen or a laundry service or where/when to eat breakfast had we not asked about each of these things specifically.