Hostel Che Playa Reviews

Calle 6, entre Avenida 15 & Avenida 20, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

This hostel was nice enough, however it was very LOUD all the time and everywhere. There was no where quiet to sleep at any point, highly recommend ear plugs if planning to stay here! Also, not so clean, room was only cleaned once during my 4 days and there was a lot of turnover in between resulting in a messy & dirty room. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

It was the best nightclub in Playa del Carmen! Great atmosphere, wonderful people. Oh wait. You wanted a hostel to sleep? Silly you. You can't! Music will be playing loud until 3 or 4 in the morning. Aside from that, and the almost non existing internet, it's a good place to party!

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Please clean the rooms more frequently, I spend 5 days and the bathroom was always dirty.

While it was nice to have a bar located in the hostel, the music and noise was a bit excessive. The other travelers staying at the hostel were all very laid back, as you'd expect of anyone staying in a hostel with a bar upstairs, and there was breakfast available each morning. My biggest complaint was that there was only a single bathroom/shower available for a room of ten people, and it got dirty pretty quick. The bathroom and the floor in the room in general was never quite clean.

Had a 10 day reservation for BPM festival, after the second day they accidentally cancelled my reservation and had to repeatedly had to have me change rooms. The guy at the front desk was very accommodating and helpful despite everything. The hostel is a bit loud and the beds and bedding are a bit worn but the hostel is cleaned thoroughly daily. Good atmosphere, great location, and a good price. If you're young and traveling on a budget it's an adequate place to rest your head.

• 7th Jan 2016

breakfast inkludes eggs and different fruits. thumbs up! the locaton is very central.

VERY LOUD MUSOC ALL NIGHT, CANNOT SLEEP!! -This is a party hostel, the music runs untile 3am somentimes so its impossible to sleep as the room are very close to the bar. Even if i told them to put the volume dowm they didnt really care. Some room have small window soo they smell from the many people sleeps Inside. Many argentinian turist here + staff reception very nice and friend they help you every moment you need it, there is good atmosfere here and easy to meet people, also good positio

Love Che! My only suggestion will be to improve the hot water!

They stole our headphones We did our check-in at 6pm, then went for a walk and when we were back, our beds where being used by other people (this was assigned by the same staff member that gave US those beds some hours before ). Instead of being worried for the situation, the staff member was having fun at the bar (a bar with only 4 guys drinking something and music at its highest level!!). He claimed that " very difficult to keep track of the bed's assignments". Take your own conclusions.l

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Argentina

The problem was that they jabe the bar near the rooms.

This hostel was great. Good balance between rest and play. Good rooms with aircon, comfy beds, good shower and bathroom. Staff are helpful in directions and bookings and organise gatherings in the bar to create a more social atmosphere.

I stayed for two nights. First, the location is good. It's close from main street and close from two bus stations (one is the station from Cancun Airport and the other is the station from other cites in Mexico). There are many local restaurants nearby the hostel. Second, room conditions are good. Bed is good and they give a new sheet when check in. Matress is in good condition. Third, bathroom is clean and facilities are good. Lobby and my room are clean too. Last, staff are kind.

I was in the all female 6-bed dorm, and the toilet didn't work the first day I got there but it was fixed the next day for the remainder of my stay. First shower there was cold, but the rest were nice and hot, so I was probably just unlucky the first day. Room was kept extremely clean and the AC was key to a good nights rest. DEFINITELY recommend ear plugs, it can get noisy. I slept fine with them in (I'm normally a light sleeper!).Sheets were clean, bed comfy. I got a good deal, was worth it!

Great location and friendly atmosphere! Very close to the beach and the nightlife. The beds were very comfortable. WE really enjoyed the lighting in the dorm room - it wasn't glaring and in your face when it was turned on. Overall we had a great stay!

Staff was rude and unresponsive when the only shared toilet in a 8-person room became clogged. There was no response for 4 hours after I reported the clogged toilet to the front desk. Finally we talked to the maid directly and she found a plunger, but staff did not ever send anyone to repair it. The music in the bar was very loud at night even though there was nobody at the bar.

Strange the overall rating falls quite low, its actually really nice!

Good beds, great atmosphere after 9pm (not before), and the staff are fantastic... BUT, the wifi wasn't very good, I didn't have a hot shower in 9 days, and the toilets failed to work 50% of the time which meant I walked in on others "business" almost daily... Disgusting! Good hostel to party (at $10 a night maybe) but at the $60 a night I paid for peak season I was very disappointed.

Great hostel. Staff friendly and helpful. Good amenities. Nice breakfast. Would Def stay again.

The hostel has a great atmosphere. It was my second time in Playa, but my first one staying at a hostel. And it was so different. The staff were really accesible, polite, with a great vibe. Since day one they made us fell welcome. It like being on a great family. Thanks for everything, Cami, Jacob, Daniel, Kaitlyn, and everyone else. It was a great experience! I will totally go back sometime!

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

We really enjoy our stay in Hostel Che. A very young and friendly atmosphere with a helpfull staff. The only thing we didn't like is the noise at night, at some point the music coming from the bar was so loud I had a hard time to sleep. Besides, it rarely ended at 1.30, estimated time. But in general, very good experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3