Hostel Che Playa Reviews

Calle 6, entre Avenida 15 & Avenida 20, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hostel was horrible, staff were very unfriendly. We cooked six months prior to our visit but was told the had a accidentally double booked. Was forced to stay in a room that was two blocks away from the hostel. Couldn't enjoy any of the hostel atmosphere due to being so far away. Wouldn't stay again.

Horrible hostel, wouldn't stay there again if you paid me. The staff were rude, they double book and make you stay in rooms that are so far away from the hostel that you can't enjoy any of the atmosphere.

Probably one of the best hostels in Playa! My sister and I originally booked 2 night but ended up another because we loved it so much. It's only a few minutes walk to the beach, shops and night life. Close to so many delicious street taco vendors as well! The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We made so many great friends and are so sad to leave! Definitely coming back!

Great location, clean, friendly staff & warm showers! It's a winner

• 1st Dec 2015

Was a great hostel. Perfect location can walk to everything. Met some great people & the hostel has a great atmosphere. Was only worried that I only received one sheet... Not sure if the bottom sheet was clean but it was already on the bed & I had to take it off when I checked out so I hope so! Also didn't get a pillow case so slept with my neck pillow. But great hostel! Definitely stay here, I will be back!

Was a great stay. The bar on the rooftop is loads of fun and the staff are always friendly and keen to invite you up for a drink or a pizza party or something fun. Plenty of cool, fun loving people too which made the stay much more enjoyable. Tucked away from the noise, it's a perfect little walk to the best clubs and places to eat. Recommend this place to all travellers starting their adventures

One of my favourite hostels in Mexico. The vibe is awesome and the staff even better Would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a good party vibe. Lots of day tours and night events .

Is a nice place but not amazing. You come here knowing that it is a party hostel so you are aware of the noise at night; however,there were some mornings at around 7 am when music was played at reception quite loud and maybe the stuff didn't think it would wake people up but with the echo we could even hear the girls conversations. The stuff was super nice and location is great. We had no water for a whole day which was frustrating and some not cool incidents around but all good normal hostel.

Cool hostel and relatively easy to meet people! The only downfall is that it's a party hostel and loud at night! Was fine by me but if you're looking for a great night sleep, book with caution :)

pros: hostel's location was top! close to ado bus station and walmart. restaurants and convenient stores around the hostel cons: lack of cleanliness and security. people could walk in to the room almost whenever and wherever they want. definitely not for the sleeping if you intend to have some.

Good party hostel. Good music during day. Cool street level hang-out area with couches and kitchen annex next to reception and open to street. Rooms bit crowded when I was there, bathrooms bit neglected with things broken. Cleaning was good, but haven't stayed long this way since there were a lot of people and luggage on little space.

Awesome hostel! Friendly staff. We loved the chill vibes and the rooftop terrace for drinks and appreciated the ladies night :) Great location. Great place for backpackers and single travelers to meet new friends.

The place was wonderful and the atmosphere great. It's a great place to meet friendly faces. There were a few incidents where people claimed they had some money taken out of their wallets, but hard to confirm it was true. Would recommend.

Loved this hostel! If you wanna have a great time this is the place to be. Both the staff and the guests were awesome and I made so many new friends. I was a but worried before I came cause I'd heard it was quite noicy at night but I didn't find it a problem at all. The staff was super helpful, they even gave me a discount after I got my money stolen. Had one of the best trips ever!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Stayed five days in the mixed dorm. Super fun place, walking distance to everything you need in playa. The staff is awesome, super friendly and helpful. Ladies night every night from 10-11 they give free drinks which was nice. I'll be back next time I'm in playa :)

• 7th Oct 2015

Fun hostel, the free tours were basic but a great add on for backpackers who are travelling with not much money.. A bar on the roof with theme nights made for fun times. Basic clean dorms with nice staff made for a good stay.

All the reviews were pretty accurate. The lady at the front desk was not rude, but definitely not friendly. The man, however, was super nice. Bathroom upstairs was very clean, but had almost no water pressure. I woke up to one of the guests trying to rob me the first night and walked in on the same guy the next morning giving himself a 'handy' (If you know what I mean) under his sheets right out in the open. I checked out and went to a hotel.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Staff is nice, except the girl at the reception, her manner is not friendly at all, just her way to say things it's bossy, and even annoying. Few people that I talked to thought the same. It's a shame cause the rest of the staff is friendly and helpful. Bar is good, and the activities too. Cleaning at rooms could be better, maybe a different system on the showers that allowed guest to keep it clean for longer time. Even if the staff helps cleaning bathroom couple times gets dirty and wet fast.

Che located is a very desirable spot. It was two blocks off the main road which was nice, as this made it a little quieter. The bar was also pretty good because when people weren't there they would turn the music off or down. There were however a few things that I didn't really like about it. The first was the sayvin promotion. To me this was a complete scam!! Although it didn't cost very much I still felt like I got ripped off. The staff was also very hard to talk to and not helpfull.

This is a great location and a decent hostel with a bar. Staff not always helpful but did take us out so much appreciated!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels