Hostel Che Reviews

Calle 6, entre Avenida 15 & Avenida 20, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Stayed at hostel Che in playa. The Location is quite good, not far to Party Street, not far to the beach And stores. Its also clean And the staff is nice. The only minuses are Bad wifi And that it is impossible to sleep before 2 am since the Music in the bar is extremely loud. If you Party each Night its a good place but If you might want to have one Night to relax your in the wrong place

Staff amazingly helpful when I had to deal with the local police, hostel pretty close to 5th ave which was great too.

• 18th Jan 2015

Had a great stay! I was in the room with the balcony, where a lot of people hang out, so if you want quiet or don't want other guests going in and out of your room, You should request to be in another room! But it's a great room to be in as a solo traveler to meet people :) Other hostels have better open areas to mingle, che just has lobby and bar.. That's why so many end up on the balcony I suppose. Breakfast has eggs! Pillows aren't great but I slept fine. Friendly staff, good atmosphere.

• 13th Jan 2015

This is a party hostel, had I wanted random people running through the room all night leathered then I would of loved the place. Having said that the location is great, near collectivo station to Tulum (what we needed), the staff were really helpful and the facilities were good but be prepared for the late night partying in the hostel rooms if you stay here.

• 11th Jan 2015

I loved my stay at the Che. From the rooms, beds, location, to the atmosphere

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

friendly staff and good location. not somwhere you go for good rest though however, the bar is above the dorms and plays TERRIBLE chart music insanely loud until after midnight every night, so loud you can feel the words of the song through your bed frame. . hostel offers cool tours and advice and im sure would be great for groups of friends wanting to party.

We had a pleasant stay in Hostel Che and enjoyed our time in Playa Del Carmen. The rooftop was awesome and we are really glad our friend recommended this place as it was fun :)

• 5th Jan 2015

It's a clean Party Hostel with friendly staff in a central location. They offer daily tours and grill and pizza parties. Every other day. I planes on staying 2 nights and ended up staying 10 days.

• 5th Jan 2015

Great location a couple blocks from the beach and oxxo. They play awful music all day and all night. There are mostly Argentinian people, guests and friends of the staff (they're at the hostel every night). The staff is 50/50 there are some nice people but not everyone, there was one really mean girl. Some nights the bar upstairs is dead and some others is great (still awful music), the wifi only works in the common area. Also, the bar tender was very annoying. The rooms were clean and nice.

Happy with my stay.

Good location, hostel is clean. Showers need some attention, the pressure was horrible and most of the time there was no hot water, but when there was, it was too hot.

The music they play is very loud and abnoxious and way into the night. Even with earplugs in, once cannot sleep, The music plays till about 2 am - so if you want to sleep, this is not the place. The female dorm was dark, muggy and had no windows. Bunch of strangers milling about which are friends of the staff and they are basically taking up all the room that's supposed to be the hangout for the travelers. Morning was better.

It's a great hostel and helpful staff but some things weren't clear such as: 1. Bring the trash bin out to get the trash picked up. 2. There are parties every night next to our door so if you plan on sleeping, bring earplugs. 3. No credit card reader to pay for hostel stay.

• 23rd Dec 2014

I really love this hostel. Great rooms, great staff, great bar and great atmosphere. I met a bunch of great and inspiring people there and I can't wait to go back. I'll definitly stay there again during my next stay in Playa del Carmen.

The hostel is located on a great place. I think the planned activities are great (Pizza night, taco night etc) and the kitchen looked very good. Needs some new furniture on the leaving room. The bad side is that the shower on the mix dorm was not working, somone talked to the reception about it and nothing was done, it was seriously imposible to take a shower there. we neded finding another bathroom on the first floor and using it even though one of the staff memebers said it was not allowed.

Average hostel overall that's in a good location. A bit expensive for the quality of facilities but still reasonable. I enjoyed the rooftop bar.

Convenient location! Very close to the bus station. A number of restaurants nearby that's great after a day of diving.

A very average hostel, nothing special nothing very bad. Only thing to note is that the hostel has a bar on the 2nd floor and is open until 2am. All the dorms and private rooms are around the bar. So if you come to have a good nights rest and wake up early the next day then this hostel is not for you.

• 3rd Dec 2014

This is definitely a party hostel. Location is fantastic, but here were my issues: My top bunk bed had no ladder.... which was ridiculous. They provided no pillow, and when i asked for one they gave me a pillowcase and shoved a sheet inside it. All the lockers in my room were taken, and the room had no windows. The staff are only there to party with there own friends, had an "all-you-can-drink" night which receptionist said lated till 12, but stopped at 10, and toilet overflowed during the night

Excellent!! a great place to stay in Playa del Carmen. Fun, a lot of party and friendly people

• 25th Nov 2014