Hostel Che Reviews

Calle 6, entre Avenida 15 & Avenida 20, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I stayed in a private room and I ended up fully covered of bed bugs bite. Even after changing room we kept the bugs. No one from the staff didn't seem to care and we didn't even get any discount or apologize. Despite this point bar staff was good and fun. Main positive point of the hostel is that everyday trips are organized between the guests by Alex, a really cool guy who knows a lot about the region. It's a really good way to meet new people and we met a great group of friends.

great atmosphere with good people Staff is pretty cool and it's right next to everything in playa

Awesome party hostel, fantastic staff, super friendly, we extended our stay 2 nights as we were having such a good time!!! 2 or so blocks from beach and main tourist strip, decent breakfast and organised activities, staff will take guests out almost every night. Would recommend to those looking to party :)

hostel che is awesome! i left 2x to venture to other cities and kept coming back. the staff is incredibly friendly and fun, they make you feel like the life of the party. the first night i arrived they hosted an Argentinean BBQ that was outta this world! i highly recommend hostel che, especially for single travelers because it is a great place to meet people.

This is a party hostel, music was very loud every night till at least 1 am. So an early night is not an option. Breakfast had home made pancakes, loved it!

We stayed in a private room that smelt like mould and in turn made our clothes smell like mould. On top of that, it was also the noisiest hostel I've ever been to. The staff have a complete disregard for noise control after midnight and we were often keep awake by a single staff member in the reception listening to music ridiculously loud. Facilities were good though.

Cool hostel, good location, friendly staff :-)

Super nice staff, nice rooftop bar, 2 blocks from the beach, clean, good wifi. Nice breakfast if you are willing to make your own eggs, if you are lazy it will be bread and jam. I had a few cold showers, but maybe it was just bad luck.

This hostel is very well located and it's lot of fun. There are activities in the night such as argentinians barbecues, pizza parties, and every night peolple meet on the roof bar and then go out all together. There are some cool tours to xenotes organized by the hostel and the staff is really cool, kind and helpfull with anything you need. You cannot get bored here, I really recommend Che Hostel to you!!!

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is well located and has a nice rooftop bar. The atmosphere varies from excellent to alright. Although the hostel is cleaned often it doesn't feel that clean (especially the bathrooms). Moreover I had bugs in my bed giving me some itchy souvenirs of Playa del Carmen.

• 4th Jan 2014

The hostel was very good! Breakfast awesome! The bar in the roof is excellent! They even did an asado argentino! VamosChe !

The room was constantly humid and poorly cleaned. As much as I understand this is a party hostel, I don't understand why do staff need to yell and laugh so loudly especially right at 8 am. I have stayed in many hostels before and go to playa once a year ad I will never consider this hostel again.

Amazing Atmosphere, great place to meet people

Hostel is in the perfect location. Just blocks from the beach, bus station and main avenue with shops and restautant .

• 2nd Jan 2014

Had the most amazing time here! The staff are amazing and the hostel is very nice - clean with lots of space and breakfast including eggs with a really nice kitchen. There is a bar on the roof which is loads of fun. If you want to have a good time and meet lots of people definitely stay here! Best hostel I've stayed in by far.

• 1st Jan 2014

good vive, very clean great atmosphere, best in playa del carmen.

Not good for the water lool, cool atmosphere though! Very close to the city center! I had a good time there!

We would highly recommend this hostel! Even though it is marketed as a party hostel, you can still get a good nights sleep in the mixed dorm room as we found that everyone was pretty considerate and the roof top music didn’t go all night. Great location, atmosphere and staff.

• 29th Dec 2013

Very good atmosphere and friendly staff. Private room clean and confortable. Negative point: it gets noisy early in the morning until late at night. Also the room prices around christmas were off the roof.

Pretty sweet hostel. Its good if you are in for a party hostel not a chilled time! Really good roof top bar, staff are nice, great kitchen facilities, rooms are clean. Yeah its a good hostel!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels