Hostel Chez Jean Montréal Reviews

4136 Rue Henri Julien, Montreal, Canada

The employees here were hilarious and helpful. We had a bit of a situation with parking, but I blame the street signs for being so confusing. The location was superb; i think it was about 3 stops to the festival my friends and I were attending for the weekend. Sometimes I wished there were more bathrooms, but otherwise this is one of the better hostels I've been to.

Very cool place to stay in Montreal! The location is just fantastic! Close to the best everything of Montreal. The hostel is a very confort space to know people from every where! Great employes! For sure I will be back.

• 4th Jul 2014

The top bed is too close to the ceiling; it has narrow space for guest to sit after waking-up. Also the bedroom door is not easily closed. The bathroom is so small and the space for shower make the user hardly do their shower.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Used hostelsfro 30 years now and its a real hostell in tradutional style .A large house with everything made into a bed if needs be. Good atmosphere.Private rooms if yoyu need n one.Best location inMontreal in Mont Royal

This is a casual inexpensive hostel for travelers on a budget who just want a place to shower and sleep at night. It's basically two flats in an apartment that have been made into hostel space and so feels somewhat like staying at someone's home. If you get a dorm style bed you'll be sleeping in the living room and will be visible to people coming in and out. If you get a private you'll get a bedroom in the lower flat and will be sharing the bathroom, kitchen and den. A bit run down but clean.

I think this hostel is homely and cosy. It's in a good location. I really dig the lady that runs it. And it's kept clean and tidy. Alex.