Hostel City Central Old Town Reviews

U Pilama 7/a, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The homeowner was very nice and friendly~ he introduced which restaurant was best and price was cheap to enjoy local foods before pass the room key to us. The hostel in old town which very very excellent locations only 5mins to Pile gate . If you take a airport bus to there (Pile gate )and then 5mins arrive to hostel. Of course the room charge was very cheap. I would recommend this hostel to all of yours include my friends.^^

Super friendly and helpful. Awesome spot! Free ungraded!!!

• 24th Sep 2014

great location and great staff. Neno and Sandra are very helpful and talkative. hostel has the main gate to the old town on one side and a small beech on the other.

Neno is a nice host, but the photos don't correspond to the hostel dorms and facilities. The dorms and kitchen/common room are in a basement. No windows. 1 toilet for everyone.

Not the best hostel I ever been, it is really small but the location is really really good, definitely worth it if you don't like stairs.

My average marking for value is only because Dubrovnik is a tourist trap resulting in high charges.

The hostel is in a perfect location and Neno is a really nice guy, but the pictures shown on the site are not from the dormitory room. When you choose a 4 or a 6 bed-room, you will be in a building like a cave, you enter a door and go down the stairs. There is only one toilet for 10 people and 2 showers in which it is not possible to be used at the same time. No windows so you don't know how is the weather outside.

Excellent acomodation, near everything!

Not a hostel. Didn't meet anyone else whilst we were there- think we were just put in a random room. Host was really helpful though and had a bizarre but refreshing sense of humour. Fantastic location- 30 seconds from the old city walls. Clean, ok wifi and easy to get to the bus station/ airport.

Our room was in a residential small building, didn't look like a hostel. The apartment on the first floor was always open and the whole building smelled cigarets. The location was good and the room was clean and comfortable, though.

Thanks so much Neno for a great stay! I have one complaint - on my second night the air conditioner was heating up the room for some reason, instead of cooling it down. Otherwise slept really well.

Hostel was quite easy to find and great location. It was perfect for my one night stay, however wouldn't have liked it for a longer stay. My room was underground so no windows and the bedding was a bit average. Showers were terrible to use, very squishy. But overall it wasn't bad - safe, good location, etc. However make sure you don't leave anything behind because I think the cleaners will keep it for themselves - I left my shoes behind and supposedly they dissappeared.

wifi could not be connected. If ok, it will be Excellent.

Incredible location just outside the city walls - which means you don't have to climb all the stairs that lead to most hostels that are inside the town. It is also really close to the bus station, markets and bakeries, and just two blocks away from some local beaches which are awesome and not crowded like the touristic ones. Only ten people stayed in that building, so the number of toilets/showers was no problem at all, at least during my stay.

PERFECT location - literally 1 minute walk to Pile Gate (main old town gate). There is a mini market very close so you can easily grab some water/food. We booked the Deluxe Double Ensuite, the room was fab. A great size, a little entrance area with a fridge, some tea & coffee. The room is clean also, so no need to worry about that. Neno is a great host, you can ask anything! My friend had a bad allergic reaction the 1st day- Neno & his wife Sandra went to the hospital with us til 2am to help!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Neno was invaluable. He was very friendly when we first met him and continued to assist us throughout the stay. It is located just outside of the old town walls and I would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jul 2014

I turned up about 3 hours later than I had said when booking due to a delayed flight out of Barcelona and was told my bed had been given away. After a lengthy discussion i discovered this was only a ruse to give me a lession for not telling him i was going to be late. Good plan. Hostel was ok, nothing special. More like a dungeon than sleeping quarters. Probably fitting given its location in Old Town.

Very cosy hostel. Small, but nice with friendly people. It was very close to the old city, with facilities such as a minimarket etc close by. Bus to the airport is about 10min away. I only spent one night there, but it was really a very practical location and very nice.

Perfect location! Friendly staff :)

Had such a wonderful stay! Neno and his wife were lovely and so helpful! Everything felt very safe and welcoming!

• 12th Jul 2014