Hostel City Central Old Town Reviews

U Pilama 7/a, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Excellent hostel, best location just outside of Old Town. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean rooms. Would stay again!

Couldn't rave about this hostel anymore! Neno is the friendliest and best host I've ever come across which made the stay even better. There are only ten beds and the common room is on the way to the bedrooms so you meet everyone while you are there. The ten that were staying when I was there all ended up getting along really well and we all hung out day and night. The hostel is in the perfect spot and Neno will help you with anything you need to know. Defiantly a place to stay!

Great location close to the old town. Neno the owner was very friendly and helpful. Nice and cool, especially as during our stay it was sweltering hot in Dubrovnik . Only downside is small toilet and shower, just one for everyone . You have to get in early if you don't want to wait. Overall, a really nice place to stay.

• 14th Aug 2015

This one isn't a traditional hostel. It's a family owned place right next to the old town and a stone throw from the small bay. The moment you enter the common room, you can't miss noticing a wall full of testimonials by past residents. Run by a very loving couple, its set in the basement with occupancy for just 10 people hence is very quiet and peaceful. One gets a feeling of living in someone's house. Highly recommended for those who Are not looking for a party hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • India

Expensive but perfect location! Air con, lockers, towel, comfy beds, quiet. Very small hostel so didn't meet many people however. Owner let me leave my bags there all the next day which was very helpful. He was good fun!

Great spot to say. Awesome hosts, very thankful for their help when we were in a tight spot! Also the shuttle service is brilliant.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The double room is no really in a hostel, it's a room inside someone's home with a shared bathroom and with terrible facilities, you have to go through someones courtyard and the it's living room to get there. The room is small and fairly clean but the bathroom has no shower courtain and hot water last 2 minutes.The location it's average, it's just outside the city walls near the pier. The "manager" or owner of the place asks you to pay in advance because the price it's absurd for what you get.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Lebre
  • Portugal

Unbeatable location within a stones throw of the bus stop, between two beaches, the old town and the game of thrones fort. It has a 'unique' atmosphere, being set in what I'm assuming was a basement - no windows but personally I liked it :) definitely recommend!

Thank you Neno and family for making me so welcome, from the moment I arrived you were nothing but helpful and kind!

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Neno and his family are amazing people. Excellent location and cool atmosphere. Pity I stayed just for two nights.

I had an amazing stay at this hostel. I extended my stay because it was so comfortable. The cost of the hostel, although high, was reasonable for the location. Positives are: location, air conditioning, and it's quiet at night. In addition, the owners are friendly and very helpful with tips on the area and go the extra mile for each guest. I will be back. :)

I really enjoyed my stay here. Neno was tremendously welcoming and gave a great overview of the town and the must sees/dos. A different style of hostel, this place offered amazing refuge from the +35° heat. Comfortable beds and great showers. The place does get musty due to it being entirely underground .

Hi Thank you so much for nice review. Yes we are so happy to have constantly in Hostel 23 degrees. Best regads Neno

The hostel was not what i expected it to be. Should add more pictures on the website Thought i'd stay in a room and not in a cave downstairs, where it was dark, wet, no windows, with a freezy air conditionning on all night. This part downstairs contains 2 rooms of 6 persons, so 18 people and only 2 showers and 1 toilet all wet... By the way, the staff was nice, welcoming. ould leave my luggage before i go to the airport. Nice location close to the bus station, kayak area, the sea, a supermarket

6 + 4 is still 10 Viva la France

The hostel is owned by a couple who are so passionate about sharing their city with visitors. Before we even paid or given our keys the owner sat us down and gave us an indepth description of all the highlights of the city, and why we should go there. In all my years of traveling this was the most personal staff I have ever encountered on my travels. Its a small hostel (only 10 beds) if you are looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway this is the hostel for you! :)

Owner was incredibly helpful, welcoming and nice. Helped us out in terms of having no where to leave our luggage by letting us leave it with him after checkout, we didn't even have to ask. Location is amazing; right next to he old town, right next to a mini market, and about literally 10 seconds away from game of thrones filming locations. Wifi was strong and consistent, beds were incredibly comfortable, entire hostel was air conditioned and was nice and social. Would definitely recommend

Neno is a lovely hostel owner and nothing was too much to ask, the cleaner was also very nice, I didn't grab her name but she gave me a big hug upon leaving and thanked me for staying! I stayed an extra two nights and amending the booking was no problem.

The owner was great and very helpful. He also shared with us some fascinating stories about how he used where the hostel is located (underground) as a bomb shelter during bombing by the Serbs in the 90s. Most of what you are paying for, however, is the location. There are no meals or complimentary drinks. Laundry is 10 euros and some of the common areas weren't as clean as you'd expect. Overall I had a good time though and I don't have any major complaints.

Very easy to find as it is right near the stop for the city bus line that you take from the main (out of town) bus station. Our room overlooked the ocean, with part of the castle visible out the window. Only takes about 5 minutes to get from the hostel to the Old Town. Please note that you need to pay for the room in cash. They offer a shuttle from the hostel to the airport for around USD30, but there is a bus that goes there as well. We opted for the shuttle since we didn't have much time.

The owner is a really kind man and made me feel like home. Atmostphere is really open to meet new people. You will definitely like the place. Highly recommendation.

Hostel was absolutely brilliant! My friends and I were very pleased with our booking. the owners were fantastic with us and assisted in pointing out the hot-spots of the town and surrounding area.

• 16th Jun 2015