Hostel City Central Old Town Reviews

U Pilama 7/a, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I had an amazing stay at this hostel. I extended my stay because it was so comfortable. The cost of the hostel, although high, was reasonable for the location. Positives are: location, air conditioning, and it's quiet at night. In addition, the owners are friendly and very helpful with tips on the area and go the extra mile for each guest. I will be back. :)

I really enjoyed my stay here. Neno was tremendously welcoming and gave a great overview of the town and the must sees/dos. A different style of hostel, this place offered amazing refuge from the +35° heat. Comfortable beds and great showers. The place does get musty due to it being entirely underground .

Hi Thank you so much for nice review. Yes we are so happy to have constantly in Hostel 23 degrees. Best regads Neno

The hostel was not what i expected it to be. Should add more pictures on the website Thought i'd stay in a room and not in a cave downstairs, where it was dark, wet, no windows, with a freezy air conditionning on all night. This part downstairs contains 2 rooms of 6 persons, so 18 people and only 2 showers and 1 toilet all wet... By the way, the staff was nice, welcoming. ould leave my luggage before i go to the airport. Nice location close to the bus station, kayak area, the sea, a supermarket

6 + 4 is still 10 Viva la France

The hostel is owned by a couple who are so passionate about sharing their city with visitors. Before we even paid or given our keys the owner sat us down and gave us an indepth description of all the highlights of the city, and why we should go there. In all my years of traveling this was the most personal staff I have ever encountered on my travels. Its a small hostel (only 10 beds) if you are looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway this is the hostel for you! :)

Owner was incredibly helpful, welcoming and nice. Helped us out in terms of having no where to leave our luggage by letting us leave it with him after checkout, we didn't even have to ask. Location is amazing; right next to he old town, right next to a mini market, and about literally 10 seconds away from game of thrones filming locations. Wifi was strong and consistent, beds were incredibly comfortable, entire hostel was air conditioned and was nice and social. Would definitely recommend

Neno is a lovely hostel owner and nothing was too much to ask, the cleaner was also very nice, I didn't grab her name but she gave me a big hug upon leaving and thanked me for staying! I stayed an extra two nights and amending the booking was no problem.

The owner was great and very helpful. He also shared with us some fascinating stories about how he used where the hostel is located (underground) as a bomb shelter during bombing by the Serbs in the 90s. Most of what you are paying for, however, is the location. There are no meals or complimentary drinks. Laundry is 10 euros and some of the common areas weren't as clean as you'd expect. Overall I had a good time though and I don't have any major complaints.

Very easy to find as it is right near the stop for the city bus line that you take from the main (out of town) bus station. Our room overlooked the ocean, with part of the castle visible out the window. Only takes about 5 minutes to get from the hostel to the Old Town. Please note that you need to pay for the room in cash. They offer a shuttle from the hostel to the airport for around USD30, but there is a bus that goes there as well. We opted for the shuttle since we didn't have much time.

The owner is a really kind man and made me feel like home. Atmostphere is really open to meet new people. You will definitely like the place. Highly recommendation.

Hostel was absolutely brilliant! My friends and I were very pleased with our booking. the owners were fantastic with us and assisted in pointing out the hot-spots of the town and surrounding area.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Neno was such a great host, he showed us all the places to go in Dubrovnik! The hostel itself could use some fixing up but other than that it was a fun stay!

I've already recommended this hostel to other travelers as it was an amazing stay. So easy to find, so clean and so lovely.

• 8th Jun 2015

This hostel was made all the more welcoming by it's host and owner Neno.Such a nice,friendly,happy-go-lucky guy.Made everybody feel at home the minute they walked in the front door. The two dorms are downstairs in bunker-style rooms but,even without windows it doesn't feel at all claustrophobic.And,ask Neno to tell you the story re. the building during the Siege of Dubrovnik.It's literally 2-3 mins walk to the Pile Gate and you're within The Old City Walls.Loved Dubrovnik.Stunning city.Enjoy!!

Neno was so friendly and had great tips about the city. The hostel is in the perfect location - when you get off the airport shuttle at the Pile gate, it is just around the corner. Less than a minute walk to city walls. It was great. We would definitely reccomend.

• 19th May 2015

There's a reason it's one of the cheapest places in Dubrovnik, it's ok for a night or 2 but you could do better than a dingy basement

Safe, clean and small hostel in a great location, just outside the old city gate! The showers were extremely small and cramped, but cleaned daily. Separated changing areas were a nice touch. No natural light meant that no one stayed in the hostel during the day, so the atmosphere was different to other hostels we'd stayed in, but it was still a friendly environment. Would recommend!

Alan is very friendly. Ready to give you advice on your stay.

• 12th May 2015

The location is amazing. It's right outside the old city. The hosts are great and they helped me pick places to visit during my stay. Everything was clean. I had a great time.

• 9th May 2015

The hostel was perfect, everything was excellennt! The host was friendly, he pointed out some good places in Dubrovnik. It is directly located in the old town, so everything was reachable within a few steps. The room was as described. Restrooms were very clean. I enjoyed my stay very much! Definitely again !

• 8th May 2015

a) only 1 WC with sink in one room b) rooms in cellar without windows - is very ungraciously