Hostel City Central Old Town Reviews

U Pilama 7/a, Dubrovnik, Croatia

PERFECT location - literally 1 minute walk to Pile Gate (main old town gate). There is a mini market very close so you can easily grab some water/food. We booked the Deluxe Double Ensuite, the room was fab. A great size, a little entrance area with a fridge, some tea & coffee. The room is clean also, so no need to worry about that. Neno is a great host, you can ask anything! My friend had a bad allergic reaction the 1st day- Neno & his wife Sandra went to the hospital with us til 2am to help!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Neno was invaluable. He was very friendly when we first met him and continued to assist us throughout the stay. It is located just outside of the old town walls and I would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jul 2014

I turned up about 3 hours later than I had said when booking due to a delayed flight out of Barcelona and was told my bed had been given away. After a lengthy discussion i discovered this was only a ruse to give me a lession for not telling him i was going to be late. Good plan. Hostel was ok, nothing special. More like a dungeon than sleeping quarters. Probably fitting given its location in Old Town.

Very cosy hostel. Small, but nice with friendly people. It was very close to the old city, with facilities such as a minimarket etc close by. Bus to the airport is about 10min away. I only spent one night there, but it was really a very practical location and very nice.

Perfect location! Friendly staff :)

Had such a wonderful stay! Neno and his wife were lovely and so helpful! Everything felt very safe and welcoming!

• 12th Jul 2014

Perfect location only 2 minutes walk from the main gate to the Oldtown. Room was good and very clean, with air conditioning, which was much needed in the summer heat. The staff here are fantastic, friendly and extremely helpful. Just 30 seconds around the corner is also a great place for breakfast with awesome views across the water looking out to the walled city. Recommend this hostel highly.

• 11th Jul 2014

The hostel is in a perfect location to explore Dubrovnik's Old Town. Neno is a nice guy and always tried to help us when we needed. The hostel's atmosphere is not the best as the maximum capacity is ten guests. The hostel is pretty clean, towels and linen provided, big and free of charge locker. There is only one toilet for ten people. There are two showers but it is virtually impossible for two people to use it at the same time. For what it offers, the hostel is VERY expensive.

• 10th Jul 2014

Neno and his wife were the perfect host... It felt more like a home and living with family than just a regular accomodation.although I had mentioned check in time as 6/7 pm, but I reached late around 11pm and found neno's wife waiting at the bus stop for me.explained the map to me.told me eveyrthing to do.even though it was a small hostel but I was lucky I found amazing roommates and had a really fun time in Dubrovnik.definitely recommend to anyone visiting Dubrovnik. Location is ideal too!

the guy who runs it is the dude and it has ac

The owner (? Neno?) who met us was fantastic- full of information, jokes and enthusiasm. The location is awesome- just outside the gates to the old town in a sweet little side street around from the tourist information. The reasons for the lower ratings are that we were staying upstairs from a family, one of whom smoked a lot, which travelled up the stairwell, and clearly had a bad set of lungs... The room was tiny, but that wasn't too bad. It's just not really a hostel, more a rental apartment

• 6th Jul 2014

What a brilliant hostel perfectly located to all transport links. You're literally on the doorstep to Pile Gate so the sights are walking distance. Neno is a fantastic host does everything to make your stay a pleasant one, even did my laundry for me saving me quite a walk to the Laundrette. Fellow travelers were very friendly. Would love to return to Dubrovnik and would recommend this place to anyone.

This hostel is amazing. It is extremely close to everything you need, as well as to the Old Town (where the town is inside castle walls that you can walk around on). Neno is very helpful with anything you need, the hostel rooms are always clean, and it honestly feels like a shared house as there aren't too many people staying there and everyone hangs out in the common room at night to eat or drink! There's a locker and kitchen, don't need anything else!

Great private room, got offered a deluxe one at a discounted rate. The owner is really friendly and helpful. Thanks

Great location and owner is very friendly and helpful!

An odd smell as you enter the hostel. Good air con, wifi didn't work in the lower level room. Owner was very helpful

• 28th Jun 2014

Just 2 mins to Pile Gate. Only 1 min from the bus station. The location is very good! The staff is very nice and introduce the visit place proactively. The common area is very comfortable to share the experience with the roomates. However, the toilet can be improved.

Hostel City Central Old Town was great, perfect location so close to the old town yet just outside the walls so away from all the tourist crowds. Small hostel but great common area to hang out and meet other travellers. Neno was very helpful! He waited up for me when my flight was delayed and i didnt arrive untill 2.30am and also held on to an item that i left behind so i could pick it up when i returned later that week!

Great location- practically next to Pile Gate. Owner is a really good guy with lots of info about the area.

The staff was super helpful with everything. He even upgraded our room because he was feeling generous. Really great guy. Told us what to do and where to eat in the city happily. Great place to stay right outside of the old city walls.

• 12th Jun 2014