Hostel City Central Old Town Reviews

U Pilama 7/a, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Perfect location! Friendly staff :)

Perfect location only 2 minutes walk from the main gate to the Oldtown. Room was good and very clean, with air conditioning, which was much needed in the summer heat. The staff here are fantastic, friendly and extremely helpful. Just 30 seconds around the corner is also a great place for breakfast with awesome views across the water looking out to the walled city. Recommend this hostel highly.

• 11th Jul 2014

The hostel is in a perfect location to explore Dubrovnik's Old Town. Neno is a nice guy and always tried to help us when we needed. The hostel's atmosphere is not the best as the maximum capacity is ten guests. The hostel is pretty clean, towels and linen provided, big and free of charge locker. There is only one toilet for ten people. There are two showers but it is virtually impossible for two people to use it at the same time. For what it offers, the hostel is VERY expensive.

• 10th Jul 2014

Neno and his wife were the perfect host... It felt more like a home and living with family than just a regular accomodation.although I had mentioned check in time as 6/7 pm, but I reached late around 11pm and found neno's wife waiting at the bus stop for me.explained the map to me.told me eveyrthing to do.even though it was a small hostel but I was lucky I found amazing roommates and had a really fun time in Dubrovnik.definitely recommend to anyone visiting Dubrovnik. Location is ideal too!

the guy who runs it is the dude and it has ac

The owner (? Neno?) who met us was fantastic- full of information, jokes and enthusiasm. The location is awesome- just outside the gates to the old town in a sweet little side street around from the tourist information. The reasons for the lower ratings are that we were staying upstairs from a family, one of whom smoked a lot, which travelled up the stairwell, and clearly had a bad set of lungs... The room was tiny, but that wasn't too bad. It's just not really a hostel, more a rental apartment

• 6th Jul 2014

This hostel is amazing. It is extremely close to everything you need, as well as to the Old Town (where the town is inside castle walls that you can walk around on). Neno is very helpful with anything you need, the hostel rooms are always clean, and it honestly feels like a shared house as there aren't too many people staying there and everyone hangs out in the common room at night to eat or drink! There's a locker and kitchen, don't need anything else!

Great private room, got offered a deluxe one at a discounted rate. The owner is really friendly and helpful. Thanks

An odd smell as you enter the hostel. Good air con, wifi didn't work in the lower level room. Owner was very helpful

• 28th Jun 2014

Just 2 mins to Pile Gate. Only 1 min from the bus station. The location is very good! The staff is very nice and introduce the visit place proactively. The common area is very comfortable to share the experience with the roomates. However, the toilet can be improved.

Hostel City Central Old Town was great, perfect location so close to the old town yet just outside the walls so away from all the tourist crowds. Small hostel but great common area to hang out and meet other travellers. Neno was very helpful! He waited up for me when my flight was delayed and i didnt arrive untill 2.30am and also held on to an item that i left behind so i could pick it up when i returned later that week!

Great location- practically next to Pile Gate. Owner is a really good guy with lots of info about the area.

The staff was super helpful with everything. He even upgraded our room because he was feeling generous. Really great guy. Told us what to do and where to eat in the city happily. Great place to stay right outside of the old city walls.

• 12th Jun 2014

Great Hostel,very friendly staff ,perfect location just 50m from see, beds are very comfortable and really good air condition.Special thanks Hosts wife for the cakes she made for us. Also every bed has own locker. Neno the manager gave us good tips about Dubrovnik. Thanks

The hostel owner, Neno and his wife, were so welcoming and friendly. They go all the way to make you have an amazing time in Dubrovnik by telling you all the best places to go and making sure you are having fun. They are very friendly and smiley, which can be quite rare in hostels. I've told all my friends to go there if they're ever in Dubrovnik.

The hostel is very good, the two things could be better: the wifi signal and the showers

This hostel is in an excellent location which is right next to the pile gate. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing is there is only one toilet and two little shower (basically one shower) for ten people in two dorms which is quite inconvenient. But the people I met during my stay were amazing and friendly.

The man that owns the hostel is lovely, very welcoming and funny. The room was very nice and clean. I would recommend this place.

Great hostel! Lots of space, comfortable beds, a nice dining room/common area. Very close to the old town and owner was very helpful and friendly. Would stay there again!

• 2nd Jun 2014

This room was perfect for our stay! Perfect location and very friendly host! Although we stayed only one night, I wish we could've stayed longer!

• 30th May 2014