Hostel City Reviews

Alessandra Manzonia 2, Rijeka, Croatia

DO NOT BOOK A STAYAT THIS HOSTEL, IT DOESN'T EXIST! I booked a stay at this hostel and two days before we were due to stay we recieved an email saying they couldn't accept us and offered to book us into another hostel with a 10% discount which we replied yes to. They didn't email us back so when we arrived in Rijeka we went to the hostel and it no longer existed. We stayed at Aston hostel instead which was ok. Managed to get our deposit back but hostel city was an absolute joke!

Hostel City was clean and had good wifi, the owner was very friendly and helpful. However had no facilities and was very difficult to find, as there is no sign. Location is pretty good- about 10 minute walk to town and 10 kuna bus trip to beach. Would recommend if staying for a few nights and if google map beforehand!!

The greatest place you can find in Rijeka, the greatest people. All the team is really helpful, they give you very good advices and itvis very well located. Go straight there!

• 20th Aug 2014

I had to stay in Rijeka because I was heading to Venice the next day, The actual city doesn't have much to offer, It's generally a depressing place, really run down and dirty. As for the hostel itself - well, I needed a bed and a shower, neither of them were really clean. No social space and no kitchen. In order to get to my room I had to walk through a 10 bed dorm full of teenage boys - a really bizarre arrangement. A member of staff could not see anything strange with it...

Host was very nice and helpful, but the actual location is not great as you have to travel very far on a bus to her to a nice beach, it is close to the centre though which is handy. The bathrooms aren't very clean but overall rooms were clean.

Good place but too noisy, too much crowded.

Rather enjoyed this hostel- we booked a 13 bed dorm but were upgraded (for free?!) to a 4 bed room so we had much more space which was enjoyable - I'm guessing they were low on customers. Bathroom facilities were basic but clean although there was no kitchen or communal area in the hostel - quite hard to meet people or chill out in the small town where not much is happening. Overall good :)

Riejka was pretty lame, only went Cuzz we missed our train to split. Would not stay here again

The hostel was really nice to stay in . The stuff was very nice too. At night it got a little loud outside from the bus. the location was ok. right by the trainstation and bus station. However, it takes about 6 min by food to get to the main square.

• 27th May 2014

Its cheap and its in good location but I wouldn't say its a hostel. Its just a place to sleep