Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

24, rue Ellabbana, Essaouira, Morocco

Cloud 9 is a fantastic hostel, great beds and clean bathrooms, small enough that it's easy to meet people. The roof terrace is awesome, such a nice place to chill and watch the sunset, and the cheap communal dinners are great. The staff are second to none, so friendly and make an effort to talk to you, know you by name etc. The resident kitten, couscous, is a massive bonus :)

I had a few issues at the hostel, but the staff were always very accommodating and incredibly helpful. They made sure they did everything they could to ensure I had a pleasant stay and was comfortable. Especially Joad. The rooftop was awesome to hangout in and the couscous is great fun to have around. Think this place could use a bit of a sprouse up though ... Some nice clean white sheets could be a good start but other than I had a great stay. Booked a trip to the Sahara too which was great!

Cloud nine has great atmosphere conducive to meeting new people or just relaxing in hammock by yourself. The staff is very friendly and will walk you from he bus station to he hostel if you want. Joauad, who runs the place, is sweet and accommodating. Rooftop terrace provides the perfect location for an essaouira sunset.

• 17th Jun 2015

Hello, Thank you very much for your kind review, it is really nice to know that you had a nice experience at our house.You are always more than welcome to come back! Thank you for being such a sweet and kind guest!

Free pick up from the bus started off our stay at Cloud 9. Tip: baggage cart guy is not free. The hostel is nicely placed near the made market street and has a solid vibe. Colorful art and a wicked variety of music played. The staff is amazing, "Joe" the manager will help you with ANYTHING you need and greet you with a smile. Every night they offer a dinner for a fair price, delicious every time. Of all the hostels we stayed at in Morocco Cloud 9 was the best experience. Safe travels!

• 16th Jun 2015

I had a very pleasant stay at Cloud 9. It was conveniently located on the main street of the medina. The room was clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the roof top terrace which was a great place to meet other travelers and coordinate activities in town. Best of all was the hostel's staff. Jaouad, Omar, etc were all super friendly and were always down to chill, go out, and help me with anything. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Essaouira.

Staying here was amazing experiance :) the staff was very welcoming and super nice , they help us with everything we need and make us feel like family , the hostel is very well manteind with great loction , dinner and breakfast are great and the roof top is the best place to be in , especialy with the sweet kitten name couscous . sending them alot of love and hope to visit again ...

• 24th May 2015
  • Israel

Hi. I hope you are doing great and have a lot of fantastic memories from Essaouira! I just wanted to say a huge thank you for being such a wonderful guests! I really enjoyed having you both around and I am also very pleased to know that your short holiday break was great! I hope to see you back some time soon and if you are - Hostel Cloud Nine is your Home!

Jaouad and his crew were amazing- great vibe around the place, especially on the rooftop terrace! Cheap but good Moroccan dinner every night which gets everyone together. Place is kept spotless. Helped us get to the desert- sorting accom for us in Marrakech and checking up on us once we had left! Still message him now for advice regarding other places! This hostel goes above and beyond- def the place to stay!

Hi there ! Thank you very much for your nice review. Hope everything is okay! Take care and have a safe trip

Best hostel in Essaouira! Very friendly staff and the rooms are clean and cosy. They serve dinner for all the guests for a very small price. And because of that you get to know all the guests in the hostel as well. The atmosphere was so good here! Thank you!

Hi! Thank you for the nice review. we are glad you had a good time in Essaouira .See you next time Inchallah / All the best !!

This was my favorite hostel in Morocco. It was very clean, the staff was sociable, and there was a great rooftop terrace with hammocks. They also had cheap dinners which were delicious and really brought together everyone staying there. Don't rush your trip to Essaouria, stay for as long as you can!

Hello Kevin ! I'm happy you had a great time in our hostel ! You were a sweetheart and it was a delight hosting you and listening to the crazy stories of your book. Take care, hostel cloud9

I have spent the past 9 months staying in various hostels and Cloud 9 is by far the best one yet. It had such a bright and welcoming atmosphere with beautiful music and inviting smiles from everyone. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the entire place is kept very tidy, and there are plenty of accessible outlets, which is always nice. The staff were so helpful and genuinely glad to have you staying with them. The meals they offered were cheap and tasty and the location is very easy to find.

Hello Jordan, Thank you for leaving a reference. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and we are looking forward to see you again ! best of luck Hostel cloud nine

I had a great time at the CloudNine hostel! Staff and owner have been really really nice and Helpfull! What ever we needet, they help us to get it! Great Atmosphere on the brand new Rooftopterrace! The Dorm has been really clean with nice big cozy beds!

• 28th Apr 2015

The water in the shower was cold and the sheets a little old, but the rest was great! Nice smoking room on the first floor. Totally worth $5

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you experienced to have a cold shower. The heat is on now, so our guests always can have a nice and warm shower. We hope you had a great time in Morocco. See you next time!

If you are looking for place to call your home for a night or more this is the place to stay! Rarely felt so welcome the minute I walked through the door. Super nice breakfast for just 2€ and dinners in the evening available.

• 15th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comment. We were pleased to have you at our hostel.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, nice social environment. We happened to be there for a BBQ on the roof in the evening which was really nice. Rooms are clean and comfy with lockers available. Over all a top hostel especially when you consider the price!

• 9th Apr 2015

Charge a bit more and buy some clean cotton sheets. Mine were nylon and bobbly with cigarette burn holes. Friendly helpful staff. Thank you anyway.

• 1st Apr 2015

Im so sorry you didn't like the sheets! all are linens are good quality by Moroccan standards : ) we had a check and couldn't find any sheets with cigarette burns, but i have told the cleaning lady and she is going to keep a look out for it. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and come back and see us for BBQ and tea all the best Cloud 9 Hostel

Never come, you'll never want to leave!! But seriously do come, it's in a new location and evolving its space. It's friendly and open with no exaggerated frills. Never slept so well and felt so at home so quickly. Everyone amazing!! :-) :-) :-)

Thank you so much Dawn. We hope to see you again.

Taka masch

A lovely, honest and helpful staff, good rooms and great location.

I had an amazing time from when Jaouad met us at the bus stop! He gave us great recommendations for restaurants, sights and was always friendly and helpful. The hostel was so chilled that we decided to stay extra time. Hope to return in the future. Best place to stay in Essaouira, only bad thing is that you have to leave!

We could not be more please with our stay at Cloud 9. The atmosphere was very welcoming and we did not want to leave. Jaouad was very sweet and extremely helpful. He offered to meet us at the bus station so we wouldn't get lost, give us insider info on where to go for food, hamman, bars, etc and what prices to pay so we won't get screwed over for being tourists. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking to meet great people and get a peaceful nights sleep.