Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

24, rue Ellabbana, Essaouira, Morocco

Had a really great stay here! Super cool atmosphere, great rooftops and delicious food.

• 10th Aug 2015

LOVED the vibe of this hostel. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. If you're there in the next couple of weeks make sure you stay for one of Liams dinners- they are incredible! Would definitely stay there again!

Awesome atmosphere and common facilities. Roof terrace is amazing as well is the staff.

• 1st Aug 2015

One of the best moments in my trip to Morocco for sure I spent in this hostel, the staff is amazing, I felt myself in a family, very friendly and nice people, location is also great, close to the town inside the old medina, also close to the beach, all the facilities were very good too, I met a lot of nice people and I mean staff and also travelers, go to cloud nine and you are gonna have a lot of fun, very worth hostel with a very nice energy and atmosphere

Poor !!!!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Yesterday we chanced upon an old synagogue, a reminder of the ethnic diversity under the old empires before rise of Arab and Zionist nationalisms. Some of that diversity survives in the cook at the hostel where we are staying, a Jewish Canadian guy who supplied us with a delicious Israeli meal last night, for 40 dirhams each. We like the Cloud Nine hostel very much, relaxed vibe & friendly

Actually one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in. It just felt like home! My sister had an awesome time staying at the hostel, getting to meet new people and getting to know the staff there! They are all hard working and extremely helpful and welcoming especially Joaouod who goes above and beyond to make your stay in Essaouira and Cloud 9 as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible! Thank you so much for everything

• 13th Jul 2015

I went two spend a day and ended up staying for a week, the hostel is very well located, in the main street of essaouira's medina, just out of the door you will find the souks and the food market! The hostel is super clean, the beds are very confortable and the staff is amazing, they made me fell like home, the terrace is the best part, spent many nights just chilling there, amazing view of thesunset! I couldn't recomend it enough, dinningin the hostrl is also a pretty good option of tasty food!

If you are going to Essaouira stay here! Jaouad is super friendly and helpful as are the others here. They really make you feel at home. The roof terrace was a great place for relaxing, meeting other fellow travellers and eating dinner in the evening that you can sign up for for a very reasonable price. The roof terrace is definitely the jewel of the hostel - you'll make friends in no time with a great view. The location is great for exploring. It's located just off the Main Street in the medina

The hostel is a great place stay. The People who work there are very nice! The beds are comfy and in general everything is clean. They have a fanatstic roof top with hamocks. I enjoyed to eat breakfast up there. I totally can recommend it to everyone who want to have a good and relaxed time! Thank you !

Thank you very much for your review! Knowing that you had a great time is the best reward we can possibly get!...

Cloud 9 is a fantastic hostel, great beds and clean bathrooms, small enough that it's easy to meet people. The roof terrace is awesome, such a nice place to chill and watch the sunset, and the cheap communal dinners are great. The staff are second to none, so friendly and make an effort to talk to you, know you by name etc. The resident kitten, couscous, is a massive bonus :)

I had a few issues at the hostel, but the staff were always very accommodating and incredibly helpful. They made sure they did everything they could to ensure I had a pleasant stay and was comfortable. Especially Joad. The rooftop was awesome to hangout in and the couscous is great fun to have around. Think this place could use a bit of a sprouse up though ... Some nice clean white sheets could be a good start but other than I had a great stay. Booked a trip to the Sahara too which was great!

I had a really great time at Cloud Nine. The hostel is great for the price. It's got such a great atmosphere. Jo and his staff are doing everything they can to help you. They'll show you how to get to places and help you get the right prices for things. And they're incredibly nice. The rooftoop is awesome and you can sign up for whatever dinner is on offer that day and easily meet other travelers over dinner on the roof. And you gotta meet Couscous the resident kitten. She is adorable!

• 18th Jun 2015

Cloud nine has great atmosphere conducive to meeting new people or just relaxing in hammock by yourself. The staff is very friendly and will walk you from he bus station to he hostel if you want. Joauad, who runs the place, is sweet and accommodating. Rooftop terrace provides the perfect location for an essaouira sunset.

• 17th Jun 2015

Hello, Thank you very much for your kind review, it is really nice to know that you had a nice experience at our house.You are always more than welcome to come back! Thank you for being such a sweet and kind guest!

Free pick up from the bus started off our stay at Cloud 9. Tip: baggage cart guy is not free. The hostel is nicely placed near the made market street and has a solid vibe. Colorful art and a wicked variety of music played. The staff is amazing, "Joe" the manager will help you with ANYTHING you need and greet you with a smile. Every night they offer a dinner for a fair price, delicious every time. Of all the hostels we stayed at in Morocco Cloud 9 was the best experience. Safe travels!

• 16th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for being so kind and leaving us a very nice review. It is always very appreciated and helpful. . Glad to hear that you had good time in Essaouira

I had a very pleasant stay at Cloud 9. It was conveniently located on the main street of the medina. The room was clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the roof top terrace which was a great place to meet other travelers and coordinate activities in town. Best of all was the hostel's staff. Jaouad, Omar, etc were all super friendly and were always down to chill, go out, and help me with anything. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Essaouira.

Stay at the Atlantic, I hear its better. I was bored there.

Staying here was amazing experiance :) the staff was very welcoming and super nice , they help us with everything we need and make us feel like family , the hostel is very well manteind with great loction , dinner and breakfast are great and the roof top is the best place to be in , especialy with the sweet kitten name couscous . sending them alot of love and hope to visit again ...

• 24th May 2015
  • Israel

Hi. I hope you are doing great and have a lot of fantastic memories from Essaouira! I just wanted to say a huge thank you for being such a wonderful guests! I really enjoyed having you both around and I am also very pleased to know that your short holiday break was great! I hope to see you back some time soon and if you are - Hostel Cloud Nine is your Home!

Jaouad and his crew were amazing- great vibe around the place, especially on the rooftop terrace! Cheap but good Moroccan dinner every night which gets everyone together. Place is kept spotless. Helped us get to the desert- sorting accom for us in Marrakech and checking up on us once we had left! Still message him now for advice regarding other places! This hostel goes above and beyond- def the place to stay!

Hi there ! Thank you very much for your nice review. Hope everything is okay! Take care and have a safe trip

Best hostel in Essaouira! Very friendly staff and the rooms are clean and cosy. They serve dinner for all the guests for a very small price. And because of that you get to know all the guests in the hostel as well. The atmosphere was so good here! Thank you!

Hi! Thank you for the nice review. we are glad you had a good time in Essaouira .See you next time Inchallah / All the best !!