Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

24, rue Ellabbana, Essaouira, Morocco

Amazing hostel! The guys there were all very friendly, especially Redouan. Their sister hostel is literally 10 feet away, and you spend nights there on the rooftop terrace at the bar. Nightly dinners prepared by cous cous for 60 dirham. Way better, way more food, for way less than you would pay anywhere else. Clean, convenient, and tons of outlets in every room.

I have stayed at my hostels over the years but never have I felt truly at home as I did here. The staff here make you feel like family. Couscous, Redaun, and Kasim all treated me like their sister and took amazing care of me. Make sure you opt in for the nightly dinners as they are all home cooked and served in a traditional Moroccan style followed by live music. The roof vibe is amazing; really easy to meet other travelers and make great friends. Thanks for the hospitality and memories!!!

Great location, fine facilities, nice view from the roof. The volunteer staff at the front desk was consistently too stoned to give any sort of advice or recommendations regarding busses, restaurants etc.. There was a man living on the couch in the lounge which made spending time there (the only place with wifi) feel like an intrusion. No hot water showers.

Across the street from its sister hostel (Atlantic [Woodstock] Hostel), Cloud Nine is a little calmer and a little more secure, largely by virtue of the fact that communal dinners and the hostel bar are both located over there, so non-guests have little incentive to wander in. There remains a rooftop patio to drink/smoke on. Laundry is 50 dirham per load--too much, in my opinion. There's a kitchen you can use. Lockers for every bed. 1 plug per 2 beds. I never waited long for a bathroom.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at cloud nine. The manager is a nice guy and was very helpful. The location of the hostel is central and very handy. My favourite part of the hostel was the roof terrace. People tend to congregate and chill there late into the night. Thanks Cloud Nine.

The place is well located, it has a fantastic view of the town, and very close from the Supra-tours bus Stop, all facilities are in good condition, and it is quite a chill atmosphere, if you like being in the center of the action, in a save and friendly environment, this is the SPOT, and all thanks to a very funny individual, Mohamed, he makes all this possible with his positive and friendly "WELCOME", have you seen The Wolf of Wall Street?, Mohamed is DiCaprio's friend replica.

• 12th Jan 2016

The staff was so wonderful! Due to a miscommunication on my part, the staff asked if I'd be ok with moving across the street to their sister hostel, Atlantic. That wasn't an issue for me, but after we figured out our mistake, I opted to go back to Cloud 9 because it was much quieter. The staff was sweet and helpful and professional, the other guests were interesting and respectful, the breakfast was filling, and I just had a really good experience.

I had a great time at this hostel and I loved the city of Essaouira. The only thing I didn't like was that the WiFi is only available on the roof, which can be cold or noisy, especially at night

My stay at Cloud Nine was really good. The staff was nice, it was located right in the Medina with acces to shops and food. They have a lovely roof terrasse and there's a nice atmosphere and the people staying there seem very cool and friendly. A nice place to meet other travellers :)

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Hey Sabine ! We are happy to read a good feedback from you. Thank you very much, we are working hard to make this place the best for travellers. We hope everything is good for you at the moment, and maybe see you again? Have a good trip!

Stayed in a private, comfy bed, not so clean looking or smeling sheets. three bathrooms total makes it difficult to go especially at peak time, often lack of toilet paper and soap, but very clean with constant hot water. The Rooftop is very comfortable and great to socialize, only place to receive wifi. Kitchen was dirty , lacking almost all utensils/equipment (1 fork?) , unlike the staff kitchen. Tax is on top of stated price I would stay here again but feel they could improve a little bit.

Good location, very easy to meet other people as quite social. Showers not always cold, and wifi only works on rooftop and even then wasnt available for a full day.

Hello, Yeah, we admit that we recently encountered a problem with the WiFi system, but now the network is fine and fixed. Thank you for your comment, it help us to work on the imperfections. Hope to see you again, have a good day!

A really fun place to stay, Ali and Mohammad were really helpful and even cooked us a big tagine one night. A bit of a line for the bathrooms but totally doable. I had a lot of fun on the terrace and would highly recommend. Super cheap too.

Hey Laura ! Glad to read that you enjoyed the dinner we cooked! We love to organise activities like that in the hostel. Maybe next time you'll be the 'Chef ', what do you think? Thanks for your comment, have a safe trip. Cloud 9 Team

The hostel is sooo nice. If u gonna stay in Essaouira choose this one. Staff is so friendly. Athmosphere is awesome. Wifi is working only on roof terrace which is kind a good thing because it gathers travellers to same place. Private rooms was very clean and beds are comfortable.

Hello, Wow, thank you so much for this comment! Really appreciate. Cloud 9 Team

Cloud Nine was the greatest hostel we have stayed at, the hospitality was incredible and the staff are relaxed and a lot of fun. We had some fantastic nights on the amazing rooftop terrace where we cooked family sized tajines and stayed up for hours chatting with everyone. The rooms are greatly sized and the wifi works well both upstairs and down. This hostel really looked after us and we will most deffinately be coming back here. I recommend this hostel to all travelers!! Thanks Cloud Nine :)

Hey Morgan, how are you! This is a fantastic message that you left us! Thank you ! We just want to precise that if you are coming to visit us soon, don't be surprised, we've had a little problem and the Wifi work only on the rooftop. We are working on a solution for a complete network. On the other hands, there are still a lot of nice people and ready to spend another night sharing good things! Hope to see you again, Cloud 9 Team

This hostel is great. It's in a fantastic location and has an excellent rooftop terrace for chilling. Nice bed. Bathrooms were always clean but not the best showers. Also had to wait a bit for bathroom use, but it was fine. I organised a Sahara tour here which worked out cheaper than anyone else on my tour who had booked it in Marrakech - so book through this hostel! Also includes a free shuttle to Marrakech.

Hi there, we are so glad that you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards Ali .

Great hostel, beds, staff everything was amazing. Except for the WiFi which was probably the worst I've experienced in Morocco. If you guys sort that out then it would be amazing.

Hey, We are happy to read that you had a great experience in Cloud 9. Thanks for the nice message you sent, this attention keep our motivation on a high level. In the other hands, we are sorry that you had problem with the WIFI system. Again, thank you for your comment, we fixed the problem and now the WIFI is workng well. Keep having fun! Ali

We really enjoyed the two nights in the rainbow hostel. The staff is really friendly and welcoming and they are always ready to help you.

• 30th Oct 2015

Hi, thanks for the awesome review! We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards Ali .

This hostel was so sick! One of the best I've stayed at in my year abroad. Really chill atmosphere, especially on the rooftop. The staff are friendly and will do anything to make your stay better. The breakfast and dinners are delicious and real value for money. I would definitely recommend to anyone and would like to stay here again!

• 27th Oct 2015

Hi Willis , It is so lovely of yours for reviewing us. We are really happy to hear you really enjoyed your stay with us, especially for you to stay even longer. We hope we will have another chance to welcoming you back here again. Thank you very much. Best regards Ali .

That is one amazing hostel. People there are very very helpful (they helped us to organize everything for our trip to Sahara), room was nice and clean (we even got towels), and terrace is great for chilling out. Great atmosphere, recommended for sure :)

Hi, thanks for taking time to review us! We are so stoked about this awesome review and we really hope to see you again soon! Kind Regards, Ali .

We stayed here only for one night, but we really appreciated the relaxed atmosphere, nice and helpful staff and the great location. Very much recommended!

HI Kristin Thank you for staying at CLOUD NINE . We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hostel. We strive to create a fun atmosphere with helpful staff members. Hope you come back and visit soon! Best regards, ALI .