Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

Nicest staff you will ever come across and very peaceful place to sleep! Terrace is great with nice view and the food they cook is delicious! Definitely recommend this place.

Our first impressions of this hostel weren't great.. No one around to check us in and the front door wasn't locked. After a few days staying there we did grow to enjoy the hostel. Great chill atmosphere and lovely roof terrace! Bathrooms leave a lot to be desired but were thoroughly cleaned everyday.

Truly lovely place to stay. Hassan and Said made my stay brilliant. Great guys with good sense of humour, very welcoming and so friendly. The atmosphere was chilled and the other guests were great people. Ive stayed in hostels around the world and rarely do hnnyou find somewhere you want to stay mmfor a month or more! Sadly my five days was not long enough but will guarantee my return next year. Great people, great food, great location. Stay in the tent, much more spacious than the dorm

• 8th Sep 2014

A great hostel, definitely the best I stayed in Morocco! Hassan was really nice and helpful (thank you again!). You could always ask him for everything and it was no problem to check out a bit later. There was a great roof terrace where everybody would meet to relax or talk. Sleeping in the tent on the roof was really cool! I didn't do the Tajine cooking course, but was allowed to taste and it was amazing (one of the best I had in Morocco)! Highly recommended, would definitely stay here again!

This was a very cozy hostel with a very friendly bunch of staff. Was in the media and very easy to get around. Love the roof top looking at the stars. There was only one bathroom which made going to the toilet hard when someone was showering and the showering either has a hot or cold temperature which is annoying but very relaxed place would recommend it!!

The hostel has a good location and good to find. The staff is very friendly. the bathroom isn't that clean. But nice and good for a stay for a couple of days.

Overall good social hostel. Helpful staff. Spacious private room. Only negative would be that there is only 1 shower for all guests.

Dear Cody , Thank you for the comment . However, we would like to mention for our future guests that our hostel Doesn't contain only one shower ?while there are two shared showers and the third is private inside the room . Kind regards Hostel cloud nine

I stayed in the 6-bed dorm and it was okay. The staff were really nice and try to help whenever they can. However, the dorm is a little cold and damp and the bathroom needs a bit of cleaning. There also wasn't hot water during my stay.

Great chilled out and relaxed atmosphere.........hot water intermittent (if that's important? !?)....beds in terrace dorm a bit squashed but still had a great time!

Very nice staff who made our stay in Essaouira worth the trip.

• 19th Aug 2014

We had the roof top "tent"…this isn't really a tent and more of an area with blankets hanging around it. We stayed in summer…and it was still very cold at night!! The rooms might be better but I would avoid staying in the"tent" again!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Wales

What a wonderful hostel. The staff is amazingly friendly and sweet. The bedrooms are minimal but have everything you need for a good night's rest. I've been traveling for a while and I don't remember having more peaceful sleep anywhere else. Great location and super clean as well.

By far my favourite hostel and staff in Morocco - among the best I've found in a year of travel! I stayed in the "tent" first, you don't get sheets changed and it is cold in the wind, but it is very cheap and a nice experience to sleep outside. Stayed in the 6-bed dorm, clean and comfy although cramped. Very open atmosphere, great for chatting with travellers as well as the staff. I also noticed when bathrooms became messy they were cleaned surprisingly quickly. All the best in Thailand, Jouad!

Very friendly staff - made you feel welcomed. Location is perfect - just off the main street in the medina. Atmosphere is relaxed. Has a fantastic roof terrace with views over the town. You also have the option to sleep under the stars. Arranged a three day Sahara trek through Jaouad, which was also fab.

Chilled and cool hostel with the nicest stuff ever. Fun and good moments for sure!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Had a great time staying at cloud nine hostel. The staff are by far the friendliest I've had in morocco and anywhere in the world. They really make you feel so welcome but give you as much or as little space as you need. It has a very chilled out atmosphere and a great rooftop area. Wifi is strong in hostel just not on top of roof space but that's normal. I stayed in the private room which was great, very comfortable with clean linen. I will definitely stay here again whenever I am back. Thanks

Great hostel in a good location! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and really made us feel welcome! We had a small issue with room bookings on our final night, but Jaouad was immediately on hand to help us find a solution. They gave us assistance in booking a couple of activities and restaurants, which was over and above what we expected. Great place, good value for money, and perfect staff and service. I'd recommend anyone to stay here :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great hostel!! Very good location, great people and amazing terrace... Had loads of fun!!! Hope to come back some time :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

I was surprised to find this great hostel with such kind staff for so cheap....totally reccommended

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is relatively hard to find as there is no sign of the hostel on the doors. The host is realy friendly and tries.to help you with anything, the breakfast is really good and big and comes with a decent price. Sleeping in a rooftop tent seemed as a bad decision when we first saw the "tent", but proved as a really nice experience that we all enjoyed, tent wasnt cle. One shower and two toilettes are not clean enough and they're pretty weared off. In time of our stay the atmosphere was low.

« first « Prev 1 2 3