Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

24, rue Ellabbana, Essaouira, Morocco

Good hotel for one or two nights, very basic but great location...a few times I noticed the front door had been left wide open, bit of a concern but overall fine stay!

I really loved my stay here. The location is right in the medina. Also, really easy to meet people and the staff are great. I would definitely stay here again.

Our stay was fantastic. Staff went above and beyond to help us. Would highly recommend. They offered a cheap breakfast and laundry service which was also very helpful.

• 8th Jan 2015

• 22nd Dec 2014

This is a great hostel. The guys in charge are top notch and very friendly. They go above and beyond to make you happy. It is a really good place to meet other like minded travelers, or if you so wish, to chill on your own.

• 20th Dec 2014

I highly recommend this hostel simply for its super hospitality. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The common area was very chilled out and pretty. Very happy with my stay. Truly exceeded my expectation.

• 18th Dec 2014

Definetely recommending - the best hostel so far, regarding the atmosphere and people working in the hostel. I'm going to come back to Cloud 9. The guys are very friendly and helpful, and make for a perfect company - I had really good time in Essaouira thanks to them! New kitchen is really nice, I'd advise you to try to prepare a tajin in there by yourself! :)

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Poland

High value, beautiful, cheap, easy to find, clean but its best point is its nice staff. It was great to find this nice hostel. I think this hostel was my best choice in Morocco. If I can I´d like to repeat.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Friendly staff and in a really good location. Good hot showers and the beds were comfy. The hostel has a great atmosphere and we met lots of really nice people there too.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

This is an absolute Gem of a hostel, I booked to stay one night and ended up staying for a week. The guys who run this place (Joaouad and Smail) take a great deal of pride in the place and go out of there way to help you and make you feel welcome. It is in a great location in the center of the Medina but is on a side is street so it is quiet at night. The beds were very comfortable and there is a great common area. But for me the biggest asset of this hostel is the people who run the place

• 14th Dec 2014

My best days in Essaouira were here in Hostel cloud nine. The beds are really comfortable and overall I think the hostel was perfect. It's located right in the middle of the medina about a 5 minute walk from Supratours and CTM . It's very easy to get to and from the bus stations. Jawad is a great guy. He is so funny and helpful. The guys here will make sure you have only the best stay. So far it's been my favourite hostel in Morocco. They also cook great food.

• 11th Dec 2014

i've been thhere for two night Its really a great hostel, very close to everything in essoueira beach, marquets shopping buses taxis. Its a big hostel wich is great beacuse the rooms are quite and you can sleep good , the staff is very nice and always was ready to help me. the hostel was clean.. i enjoyed my stay ! Hope to come back one day and see this hostel and staff again it was really fun and great thank you so much for everything !

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Clean, comfy and frendly hostel. I really enjoyed my time here. I had funny nights played guitar with other travellers! Definetely the best place to stay in Essaouira!!!

• 10th Dec 2014

The Hostel was really nice and helpful. Very good atmosphere ! Friendly and helpful staff; very warm and welcoming. Location is perfect, in the middle of the medina in a really awesome place in Essaouira, near to the city center, 10 min to the Atlantic Ocean beach, 15 min to the bus stop. The dormitories were clean and confortable, the living room and terrace are really amazing places for the price you pay.

• 9th Dec 2014

As always I had an amazing time in essaouira . But this time it was made so much better by the warmth and hospitality of "cloud nine " . The super friendly people working there and other cool guests. Without a doubt my favourite and most rewarding place to stay in morocco . Go check it out !! :Elena

• 8th Dec 2014

Great stay! Very friendly staff made a huge tagine every night, very social hostel with a great atmosphere where anything you need is available!!! AMAZING CENTRAL location! Travelling with my father this time so opted for a private room rather than the dorm but in the mornings I used the shared bathroom which was always VERY clean and fresh! The place is really clean,wifi… great place to stay

• 3rd Dec 2014

This hostel has a really relaxed atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and everything you need is right on your doorstep. The rooftop terrace is the perfect place to relax in the sun during the day after a yummy Moroccan in-house breakfast, and the common room is perfect for catching up with fellow backpackers after a day of adventuring around Essouira over a delicious Tagine of the day cooked by the amazing staff. All in all a relaxed hostel, in a great location .

• 1st Dec 2014

Been traveling to this country for 15 years and without doubt .! Cloud 9 has been the best hostel experience i have had. Ismail and Jawad are very welcoming to their place. Hospitable , sincere and very knowledgable. For sure , you will be in safe hands here! :) . And leave with a good taste in your mouth. From the happy, homely ,international , yet truly Morrocan vibe of the place. And if not that?.... Then the wonderful and affordable Tagine you will enjoy here with new friends . Every day! :

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

This is the by far the best hostel I ever stayed at in my life. The staff is outgoing, give you a warm welcome and so much fun to spend time with. Whatever you need, whether its organizing transport, organizing a trip (cheaper), or simply asking for directions or prices at the market- they will definitely help you out. The hostel has an amazing common room and a beautiful rooftop protecting you from strong winds- when they´re to strong to even go to the beach you can chill there

Despite it being low season in Essaouira the Hostel was nice and lively, i felt it like my home , the staff were amazing and friendly .there was lounge music in the evening and you could buy beers to take to the terrace and see the view. The bedroom we booked was big and well designed and nice decoration in keep with how we imagined Moroccan architecture to be. Breakfast could be eaten downstairs or on the terrace .and we had a typical moroccan dinner ( tagine).

• 13th Nov 2014