Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

24, rue Ellabbana, Essaouira, Morocco

We could not be more please with our stay at Cloud 9. The atmosphere was very welcoming and we did not want to leave. Jaouad was very sweet and extremely helpful. He offered to meet us at the bus station so we wouldn't get lost, give us insider info on where to go for food, hamman, bars, etc and what prices to pay so we won't get screwed over for being tourists. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking to meet great people and get a peaceful nights sleep.

• 28th Feb 2015

We really loved it at Hostel Cloud 9. It was right in the center of the Medina, easy to find and not far from the sea. The shower always worked (with hot water!) and it was very clean. You can use the kitchen, and there is a lot of space to meet fellow travellers. The owners where incredible friendly and helpfull!

• 27th Feb 2015

This hostel is really perfect, it's super chilled and sometimes in the evenings the staff and guests come together to play music or cards and share a giant tajine. the staff make you feel like you're part of their family. The rooms have a lot of light and are really clean and from the rooftop you can see all of essaouira. It's in a really good location as well, close to everything. I would recommend it for all travellers.

I have stayed at Cloud Nine a number of times when visiting Essaouira. I continually come back because Jawaoud has done a great job of making this place a relaxing and chilled out home which is a great place to pass the days. The house is clean with lots of natural light, bright colors, good music playing at all hours. The staff is attentive to backpackers needs.

The roof top terrace is amazing, enabling you to enjoy the nice view above the typical morrocan roofs. Perfectly located, just a couple of minutes to get pretty much everywhere. Also, the staff will know some nice spots off the beaten path for you. The beds are super-comfortable with warm blankets which I found to be rare.

• 20th Feb 2015

It may have just been the season, but this was one of the most calm hostels I've stayed at.

• 16th Feb 2015

Goood ambience, hot showers, good kitchen facilities. Really relaxing and great people working there, they're very welcoming and helpful.

Really awesome hostel. The staff are great and welcoming. The rooftop terrace is perfect for relaxing in the sun. The rooms are really spacious and clean. I had a wonderful stay.

A f..... A!!! The best hostel I ever had. You will love it: fun, music, happinness and good stuff!

Good location. The main door was kept locked but there were no lockers in the dorm rooms. Breakfast was really good; bread, tea/coffee, eggs, other bread stuff. The main hostel guy was really good but they had a guy helping out that made our first evening there a bit awkward as he got himself confused and kept saying we hadn't paid him enough for a tour we were doing. Eventually it was sorted after the main boss guy came over and apologised and gave us the right amount of change.

I slept in this hostel for three nights in January. Very relaxing place where to hang out and great people working there, they will help you with whatever you need. I always felt welcomed and the place is cheap as well. You do really get the Essaouira vibe in there.