Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

By far my favourite hostel and staff in Morocco - among the best I've found in a year of travel! I stayed in the "tent" first, you don't get sheets changed and it is cold in the wind, but it is very cheap and a nice experience to sleep outside. Stayed in the 6-bed dorm, clean and comfy although cramped. Very open atmosphere, great for chatting with travellers as well as the staff. I also noticed when bathrooms became messy they were cleaned surprisingly quickly. All the best in Thailand, Jouad!

Very friendly staff - made you feel welcomed. Location is perfect - just off the main street in the medina. Atmosphere is relaxed. Has a fantastic roof terrace with views over the town. You also have the option to sleep under the stars. Arranged a three day Sahara trek through Jaouad, which was also fab.

Chilled and cool hostel with the nicest stuff ever. Fun and good moments for sure!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Had a great time staying at cloud nine hostel. The staff are by far the friendliest I've had in morocco and anywhere in the world. They really make you feel so welcome but give you as much or as little space as you need. It has a very chilled out atmosphere and a great rooftop area. Wifi is strong in hostel just not on top of roof space but that's normal. I stayed in the private room which was great, very comfortable with clean linen. I will definitely stay here again whenever I am back. Thanks

Great hostel in a good location! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and really made us feel welcome! We had a small issue with room bookings on our final night, but Jaouad was immediately on hand to help us find a solution. They gave us assistance in booking a couple of activities and restaurants, which was over and above what we expected. Great place, good value for money, and perfect staff and service. I'd recommend anyone to stay here :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great hostel!! Very good location, great people and amazing terrace... Had loads of fun!!! Hope to come back some time :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

I was surprised to find this great hostel with such kind staff for so cheap....totally reccommended

The hostel is relatively hard to find as there is no sign of the hostel on the doors. The host is realy friendly and tries.to help you with anything, the breakfast is really good and big and comes with a decent price. Sleeping in a rooftop tent seemed as a bad decision when we first saw the "tent", but proved as a really nice experience that we all enjoyed, tent wasnt cle. One shower and two toilettes are not clean enough and they're pretty weared off. In time of our stay the atmosphere was low.

This is not a particularly charming place but it is cheap, clean, and the people are great.

Amazing hostel!!!! Quite cosy, well located and an awesome rooftop although Essaouira can get terribly windy so watch your clothes when hanging them up!!!! Jaouad, the chap who runs it is definitely the biggest asset to the hostel. He was so friendly and always went the extra mile, and even helped me to haggle for prices with the locations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

this is probably the best hostel in essaouira! i stayed for almost two weeks and everything was Perfect. The staff is amazing and very friendly. i really enjoyed The Time there! The terrace is perfect to chill and relax in The Sun. i will be back soon! Big love from Germany. Manuel

Can't say anymore than excellent. Form was great, don't know what last person was on about it's definitely clean. Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. I stayed longer than I had planned because it was so good.

• 5th Jul 2014

What this hostel lacks in cleanliness and space, it makes up for in its staff who are amazingly welcoming and helpful. The price isn't bad either, and neither is the location - right by all the action I'm Essaouira.

Super nice people in a great spot. It's a cozy place, so could be pretty mellow if it's low season but that's great. After all, it's chilled-out Essaouira, not Marrakech.

nice little tucked-away spot, easy to both avoid or immerse yourself in the medina (whichever you prefer). short walk to the beach and a nice little terrace enclosure.

Small hostel. Nice, friendly multilingual moroccan staff. Overall clean hostel but bathroom floor was wet most of the time. Overpriced I feel at 85 - 95 dh per night in a 6 bed dorm.

A great place to stay and relax! It's a simple but clean hostel. The owner of the hostel is a really nice guy that helps you when you need something or want to know more about the culture. And he's a great cook!! Would recommmend it to my friends!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Cloud 9 is a wonderful hostel. There are no limits and everybody is very relaxed. Besides that there are lot of activities offered. I loved the cooking lessons, where we prepared tajine. The staff is very open minded and it is quite interesting to talk with them over marrocon lifestyle and their goals. Thumbs up!!! I forgot to say, that the Hostel has to roof terraces with a nice view on the Medina of Essaouira.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, nothing is impossible for the hostel owner, from haggling the best motorbike parking to coming with me to the bus station and managing to get my motorbike on a bus to Marrakech! Amazing friendly hostel wish I could of stayed longer!

I love this hostel - I stayed previously and was invited back in June for the Gnaoua festival - I didn't hesitate to book a bed. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the atmosphere is brilliant and meeting other travellers is easy, the location is great and the staff are really friendly and very helpful