Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

Great hostel!! Very good location, great people and amazing terrace... Had loads of fun!!! Hope to come back some time :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

I was surprised to find this great hostel with such kind staff for so cheap....totally reccommended

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is relatively hard to find as there is no sign of the hostel on the doors. The host is realy friendly and tries.to help you with anything, the breakfast is really good and big and comes with a decent price. Sleeping in a rooftop tent seemed as a bad decision when we first saw the "tent", but proved as a really nice experience that we all enjoyed, tent wasnt cle. One shower and two toilettes are not clean enough and they're pretty weared off. In time of our stay the atmosphere was low.

This is not a particularly charming place but it is cheap, clean, and the people are great.

Amazing hostel!!!! Quite cosy, well located and an awesome rooftop although Essaouira can get terribly windy so watch your clothes when hanging them up!!!! Jaouad, the chap who runs it is definitely the biggest asset to the hostel. He was so friendly and always went the extra mile, and even helped me to haggle for prices with the locations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

this is probably the best hostel in essaouira! i stayed for almost two weeks and everything was Perfect. The staff is amazing and very friendly. i really enjoyed The Time there! The terrace is perfect to chill and relax in The Sun. i will be back soon! Big love from Germany. Manuel

Can't say anymore than excellent. Form was great, don't know what last person was on about it's definitely clean. Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. I stayed longer than I had planned because it was so good.

• 5th Jul 2014

What this hostel lacks in cleanliness and space, it makes up for in its staff who are amazingly welcoming and helpful. The price isn't bad either, and neither is the location - right by all the action I'm Essaouira.

Super nice people in a great spot. It's a cozy place, so could be pretty mellow if it's low season but that's great. After all, it's chilled-out Essaouira, not Marrakech.

nice little tucked-away spot, easy to both avoid or immerse yourself in the medina (whichever you prefer). short walk to the beach and a nice little terrace enclosure.

Small hostel. Nice, friendly multilingual moroccan staff. Overall clean hostel but bathroom floor was wet most of the time. Overpriced I feel at 85 - 95 dh per night in a 6 bed dorm.

A great place to stay and relax! It's a simple but clean hostel. The owner of the hostel is a really nice guy that helps you when you need something or want to know more about the culture. And he's a great cook!! Would recommmend it to my friends!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Cloud 9 is a wonderful hostel. There are no limits and everybody is very relaxed. Besides that there are lot of activities offered. I loved the cooking lessons, where we prepared tajine. The staff is very open minded and it is quite interesting to talk with them over marrocon lifestyle and their goals. Thumbs up!!! I forgot to say, that the Hostel has to roof terraces with a nice view on the Medina of Essaouira.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, nothing is impossible for the hostel owner, from haggling the best motorbike parking to coming with me to the bus station and managing to get my motorbike on a bus to Marrakech! Amazing friendly hostel wish I could of stayed longer!

I love this hostel - I stayed previously and was invited back in June for the Gnaoua festival - I didn't hesitate to book a bed. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the atmosphere is brilliant and meeting other travellers is easy, the location is great and the staff are really friendly and very helpful

Nice and friendly place,near by the beach no sign to fid it but don't worry the city is not big. People very friendly and they can help U for every problem.Go there it's cool! Tutto OK anateci pure sono tutti molto gentili. La spiaggia e' a due passi.Ciao Alles Gut!

Great place, the guys running the place are very friendly and entertaining. They pick you up at the gate of the medina so you won't have any problems finding it. The place is kept clean and has lockers to keep your belongings safe. There's a very laid back atmosphere here. Solid (free) Wi-Fi! Good place to meet some other travelers too!

We stayed for one night and it was great! The staff is very friendly and the location is perfect...and very easy to find. The hostel offers a cooking lesson for dinner but we weren't able to join but when we returned later in the evening it smelled amazing! The rooftop terrace is lovely and a great space to hang out with friends. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• 28th May 2014

Very friendly and hospitable staff and a great location.

• 25th May 2014

Very well located and cute hostel, less than 10 minutes walk from the beach and right in the heart of the Medina. The hosts, Jaouad and Assan, are great guys and will help you with any doubts you have. I would definitely recommend Cloud9 and most likely will come back here if I ever go back to Essaouira. P.S. If you are coming here from Marrakech take Supratours, not CTM; it is much much closer. And I recommend you call them beforehand...The hostel is very hard to find on your own!!

• 19th May 2014