Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

Nice and friendly place,near by the beach no sign to fid it but don't worry the city is not big. People very friendly and they can help U for every problem.Go there it's cool! Tutto OK anateci pure sono tutti molto gentili. La spiaggia e' a due passi.Ciao Alles Gut!

Great place, the guys running the place are very friendly and entertaining. They pick you up at the gate of the medina so you won't have any problems finding it. The place is kept clean and has lockers to keep your belongings safe. There's a very laid back atmosphere here. Solid (free) Wi-Fi! Good place to meet some other travelers too!

We stayed for one night and it was great! The staff is very friendly and the location is perfect...and very easy to find. The hostel offers a cooking lesson for dinner but we weren't able to join but when we returned later in the evening it smelled amazing! The rooftop terrace is lovely and a great space to hang out with friends. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• 28th May 2014

Very friendly and hospitable staff and a great location.

• 25th May 2014

Very well located and cute hostel, less than 10 minutes walk from the beach and right in the heart of the Medina. The hosts, Jaouad and Assan, are great guys and will help you with any doubts you have. I would definitely recommend Cloud9 and most likely will come back here if I ever go back to Essaouira. P.S. If you are coming here from Marrakech take Supratours, not CTM; it is much much closer. And I recommend you call them beforehand...The hostel is very hard to find on your own!!

• 19th May 2014
  • Spain

We enjoyed the rooftop terrace to the fullest! This hostel has a really nice staff, with whom we had very interesting conversations. They made a gigantic effort to return my forgotten blouse. Thank you guys, we had a great time! XOXO

Great hostel. All the guys working here are so friendly and will help sort you out with anything you need. Great to chill out on the roof, but watch out for the seagulls. Would recommend it to anyone.

The staff was very friendly and the location was good. There were only one toilet. I got a room in the roof, it was very quiet but the wifi was weak or not available, I had to go close to the stairs to be online. I stayed in a 6 bed room and the beds were so close to each other that there was no space for the belongings. There was no sign of the hostel so it was a bit difficult to find it. Good value for money, 15 min walk to the beach and in the middle of the medina.

I had an absolutely amazing time at Cloud9. Not only was it in a perfect location, but the staff (Assan & Jaouad) were so lovely and very helpful. It was a very relaxed vibe and was a great place to just chill out. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this is one of the few that I have actually felt at home. The other guests were awesome too! Definitely recommend the Tagine cooking class!!! Definitely the best tagine I had in Morocco, without a doubt! I will be so sad to leave Cloud9!!!

• 6th May 2014

Nice staff, easy to find and in the middle of the Medina. It was great to stroll along the small streets.

If i ever come back in essaouira , the place to stay would most definetly be Hostel Cloudnine. Good roof place to hang out, exellent location , hot shower delicious classic food ( tagine) and also breakfast . And the staff who runs the place were so welcoming and helpful every day. This place is really good value for money. Thanks for everything!

• 25th Apr 2014

I loved my stay at cloud nine! It has a great location and I met lovely people, the owner Assan is very friendly and welcoming! I stayed in the basic 6 bed dorm, and it was small but nice, the bathroom is also small but kept clean. I definitely recommend!

1 2 3 Next » last »