Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

I had a pleasant stay in this hostel, the staff was friendly, services good, nothing to complain about.

I ended up staying an extra 10 days at cloud nine. Over my stay I have also met many travelers who came here due to recommendations from others. The hosts were very hospitable and the hostel feels like home.

Very chilled place to stay

This is a really lovely hostel, in a wonderful place, with a beautiful roof terrace! We loved it :-)!

• 1st Apr 2014

Assam was great! very helpful and friendly making you feel welcome and relaxed. He spoke good english and Brought everyone together in the evening to chill out creating a great atmosphere! I think because the area is near the coast it creates a lot of moisture in the air, making your stuff feel damp. The bathroom was very damp too and smelt of stale water not very inviting for a shower. I think a few heaters wouldn't go a miss to just dry the place out when the weather is colder.

This is one of my absolute favorite hostel experiences. It is small, so everyone staying there gets to know eachother well while hanging out in the common spaces, especially on the roof top terrance. Also, Assan, who runs the hostel, is incredibly kind and welcoming and felt more like a friend than hostel staff which made the experience that much more welcoming and friendly. Defiantly recommend staying here.

Nice and cosy hostel in the médina, not difficult to find and close to the bus station. The hostel is not too big and has a nice atmosphere, with a great and friendly staff. Bathroom and rooms are very clean. Breakfast is not including but good and worth the 20 dirhams. Beautiful terrace also with a great view of Essaouira. Thanks to Hassan, Jaouad and Nora! Greetings from Paris

Cloud nine is an awesome hostel; extremely nice staff which will go through great lengths to make their guests feel comfortable. Lovely rooftop terrace where there is plenty of opportunity to jam some music and meet new people. Also very close to a large parking area, for those coming by car. Great vibes guys, see you again!

• 19th Mar 2014

Literally the best hostel I have stayed in. It has the friendliest atmosphere, with great staff and a good flow of like-minded coming through. Stayed here way longer than expected and loved every second of it! chokran bzaaf

• 19th Mar 2014

I was really happy staying at this hostel. It has a great atmosphere and it seems to attract a lot of musicians and singers, which makes for a great time on the terrace at night. There's only one shower for guests to use so it can be tricky getting a shower at peak times, and two toilets ... one of which is in the same room as the shower. However, the place is clean, the water is hot and everyone is very friendly. I extended my stay here and had a great time.

Hostel Cloud Nine was more than just a phenomenal hostel experience for me...it also exposed me to some of the best people I've met in Morocco. The owner, Jaouad, goes out of his way to help all the guests, and it is easy to tell that he is personally invested in creating a pleasant and happy atmosphere at the hostel. Assan is also an engaging host, and they both make a fantastic tagine (don't ask me to pick a favorite!). The facilities were also very clean and organized. 10/10.

• 14th Mar 2014

the staff was very nice and helpful, always concerned about everybody's well-being and created a friendly atmosphere. a special treat was the visit to a nearby hammam which they helped to organise. thanks a lot! we also liked the rooftop terrace a lot. the kitchen could be a bit bigger or more inviting and one more shower would be great, but all in all: we had a very great and fun stay!

• 14th Mar 2014

Great team of people. Always helpful!

We had a really great time in Hostel Cloud Nine . Nice staff who helped us with every need that we had. Beautiful and comfortable establishment. A stay there is absolutly advisable!

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Very nice atmosphere, simple but good beds, nice rooftop chill area's, very well located and friendly staff .they make the best Tagine ever I had in Morocco

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The staff is amazing, the tagine cooking was so much fun and it tasted amazing!

• 5th Mar 2014

Staying at Cloud 9 Hostel is like staying with friends, family even! It's in a super convenient location, it has everything you need, and your hosts Assan and Joad are amazing.

For the money, this place is great. For a cheap dormroom hostel in Marocco, the negatives i have are very small and not something i feel should influence the final rating. I have stayed in many hostels in Europe, that costed 5 times more, that was not half as good as this one. I highly reccomend the place and will personally be returning, no doubt.

Wow - love this place and highly recommended. Assan and Jaouad are the loveliest of guys and saying goodbye to them was hard. I hope I can make it back in June for the music festival and I'm definately staying at Cloud 9 again. Assan is a wonderful host and cooks up a delicious tagine and other yummy food. looking forward to chilling out on the roof terrace again soon. Very convenient for Supratours bus and in the medina near all the shops. Love, love, love

1 2 3 Next » last »