Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

We enjoyed the rooftop terrace to the fullest! This hostel has a really nice staff, with whom we had very interesting conversations. They made a gigantic effort to return my forgotten blouse. Thank you guys, we had a great time! XOXO

Great hostel. All the guys working here are so friendly and will help sort you out with anything you need. Great to chill out on the roof, but watch out for the seagulls. Would recommend it to anyone.

The staff was very friendly and the location was good. There were only one toilet. I got a room in the roof, it was very quiet but the wifi was weak or not available, I had to go close to the stairs to be online. I stayed in a 6 bed room and the beds were so close to each other that there was no space for the belongings. There was no sign of the hostel so it was a bit difficult to find it. Good value for money, 15 min walk to the beach and in the middle of the medina.

I had an absolutely amazing time at Cloud9. Not only was it in a perfect location, but the staff (Assan & Jaouad) were so lovely and very helpful. It was a very relaxed vibe and was a great place to just chill out. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this is one of the few that I have actually felt at home. The other guests were awesome too! Definitely recommend the Tagine cooking class!!! Definitely the best tagine I had in Morocco, without a doubt! I will be so sad to leave Cloud9!!!

• 6th May 2014

Nice staff, easy to find and in the middle of the Medina. It was great to stroll along the small streets.

If i ever come back in essaouira , the place to stay would most definetly be Hostel Cloudnine. Good roof place to hang out, exellent location , hot shower delicious classic food ( tagine) and also breakfast . And the staff who runs the place were so welcoming and helpful every day. This place is really good value for money. Thanks for everything!

• 25th Apr 2014

I loved my stay at cloud nine! It has a great location and I met lovely people, the owner Assan is very friendly and welcoming! I stayed in the basic 6 bed dorm, and it was small but nice, the bathroom is also small but kept clean. I definitely recommend!

Great place to stay, and the owners really make you feel at home! Wish we could have stayed longer!

I stayed here for 4 nights in April and was just blown away by the kind staff and welcoming vibe. I met so many cool, chilled out people. The staff are so dedicated and go above and beyond to take care of the hostel and the guests. They recommended and organised a range of activities for us, which was great. There are hot showers, the rooftop was a great place to chill out, the kitchen is clean and well equipped (there was a group tagine a few nights, which was awesome). My favourite hostel ever

FANTASTIC STAY! The private room was very clean and tidy and comprised a double bed and a shower with a good stream of hot water. The toilette was situated only a step away. The dorms were also very clean, the beds immaculately made with warm blankets provided. Great roof terraces! But the best thing was the people. We had a great night making a traditional tagine and the hosts were so friendly and helpful organising transport and activities. They also make a mean breakfast! Recommend!!

• 11th Apr 2014

I had a pleasant stay in this hostel, the staff was friendly, services good, nothing to complain about.

I ended up staying an extra 10 days at cloud nine. Over my stay I have also met many travelers who came here due to recommendations from others. The hosts were very hospitable and the hostel feels like home.

Very chilled place to stay

This is a really lovely hostel, in a wonderful place, with a beautiful roof terrace! We loved it :-)!

• 1st Apr 2014

Assam was great! very helpful and friendly making you feel welcome and relaxed. He spoke good english and Brought everyone together in the evening to chill out creating a great atmosphere! I think because the area is near the coast it creates a lot of moisture in the air, making your stuff feel damp. The bathroom was very damp too and smelt of stale water not very inviting for a shower. I think a few heaters wouldn't go a miss to just dry the place out when the weather is colder.

This is one of my absolute favorite hostel experiences. It is small, so everyone staying there gets to know eachother well while hanging out in the common spaces, especially on the roof top terrance. Also, Assan, who runs the hostel, is incredibly kind and welcoming and felt more like a friend than hostel staff which made the experience that much more welcoming and friendly. Defiantly recommend staying here.

1 2 3 Next » last »