Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

24, rue Ellabbana, Essaouira, Morocco

We had the roof top "tent"…this isn't really a tent and more of an area with blankets hanging around it. We stayed in summer…and it was still very cold at night!! The rooms might be better but I would avoid staying in the"tent" again!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Wales

What a wonderful hostel. The staff is amazingly friendly and sweet. The bedrooms are minimal but have everything you need for a good night's rest. I've been traveling for a while and I don't remember having more peaceful sleep anywhere else. Great location and super clean as well.

By far my favourite hostel and staff in Morocco - among the best I've found in a year of travel! I stayed in the "tent" first, you don't get sheets changed and it is cold in the wind, but it is very cheap and a nice experience to sleep outside. Stayed in the 6-bed dorm, clean and comfy although cramped. Very open atmosphere, great for chatting with travellers as well as the staff. I also noticed when bathrooms became messy they were cleaned surprisingly quickly. All the best in Thailand, Jouad!

Very friendly staff - made you feel welcomed. Location is perfect - just off the main street in the medina. Atmosphere is relaxed. Has a fantastic roof terrace with views over the town. You also have the option to sleep under the stars. Arranged a three day Sahara trek through Jaouad, which was also fab.

Chilled and cool hostel with the nicest stuff ever. Fun and good moments for sure!

• 31st Jul 2014