Hostel Cloud Nine Reviews

16 rue d'Algerie, Essaouira, Morocco

Literally the best hostel I have stayed in. It has the friendliest atmosphere, with great staff and a good flow of like-minded coming through. Stayed here way longer than expected and loved every second of it! chokran bzaaf

• 19th Mar 2014

I was really happy staying at this hostel. It has a great atmosphere and it seems to attract a lot of musicians and singers, which makes for a great time on the terrace at night. There's only one shower for guests to use so it can be tricky getting a shower at peak times, and two toilets ... one of which is in the same room as the shower. However, the place is clean, the water is hot and everyone is very friendly. I extended my stay here and had a great time.

Hostel Cloud Nine was more than just a phenomenal hostel experience for me...it also exposed me to some of the best people I've met in Morocco. The owner, Jaouad, goes out of his way to help all the guests, and it is easy to tell that he is personally invested in creating a pleasant and happy atmosphere at the hostel. Assan is also an engaging host, and they both make a fantastic tagine (don't ask me to pick a favorite!). The facilities were also very clean and organized. 10/10.

• 14th Mar 2014

the staff was very nice and helpful, always concerned about everybody's well-being and created a friendly atmosphere. a special treat was the visit to a nearby hammam which they helped to organise. thanks a lot! we also liked the rooftop terrace a lot. the kitchen could be a bit bigger or more inviting and one more shower would be great, but all in all: we had a very great and fun stay!

• 14th Mar 2014

Great team of people. Always helpful!

We had a really great time in Hostel Cloud Nine . Nice staff who helped us with every need that we had. Beautiful and comfortable establishment. A stay there is absolutly advisable!

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Very nice atmosphere, simple but good beds, nice rooftop chill area's, very well located and friendly staff .they make the best Tagine ever I had in Morocco

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The staff is amazing, the tagine cooking was so much fun and it tasted amazing!

• 5th Mar 2014

Staying at Cloud 9 Hostel is like staying with friends, family even! It's in a super convenient location, it has everything you need, and your hosts Assan and Joad are amazing.

For the money, this place is great. For a cheap dormroom hostel in Marocco, the negatives i have are very small and not something i feel should influence the final rating. I have stayed in many hostels in Europe, that costed 5 times more, that was not half as good as this one. I highly reccomend the place and will personally be returning, no doubt.

Wow - love this place and highly recommended. Assan and Jaouad are the loveliest of guys and saying goodbye to them was hard. I hope I can make it back in June for the music festival and I'm definately staying at Cloud 9 again. Assan is a wonderful host and cooks up a delicious tagine and other yummy food. looking forward to chilling out on the roof terrace again soon. Very convenient for Supratours bus and in the medina near all the shops. Love, love, love

As always I had an amazing time in essaouira . But this time it was made so much better by the warmth and hospitality of "cloud nine " . The super friendly people working there and other cool guests. Without a doubt my favourite and most rewarding place to stay in morocco . Go check it out !! :)

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

It's a great place and the welcoming staff really make you feel like you're home. Totally recommend it!

small kitchen, only for stuff, not like in many other hostels, anyway access to fridge. Very small room too near the living room. Just 2 beds and a cupboard. Worn out door and lock. The value for money is ok if you consider it is Essaouira, where everything is too expensive compared to many other almost as pleasant places in Morocco.

Nice Hostel, with friendly people! If you're nice, they will cock "Tagine" a regional speciality for you! The Beads aren't that good, but for this Price, its all right.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Really nice place to stay, great views and a sociable vibe. Group tagine tasted great! Lockers available, close to everything, a nice sea breeze and an enjoyable stay.

was recommended by a fellow traveller, awesome place, Assan was so chilled and helpful. We had awesome valentines tajine we all cooked together. comfy beds, good shower, nice terrace. highly recommend!

Cute little hostel with great, relaxed atmosphere and super nice staff

1 2 3 Next » last »