Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

Friendly and helpful staff, nice facilities and rooms

Buen hostal y agradable ambiente. Aprovechen el desayuno con muy ricas cosas para comer.

It's an hour away from the city center so the Metro is the most comfortable way to get there, the instructions on how to get there are a little fuzzy but you can get by fine.

Nice hostel with good atmosphere and a really value for money place.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

The breakfast is fantastic!! But one thing weird is, when I was resting in my room, the staff suddenly opened the door of my room, and he simply showed another girl my room (they just stood outside the door). Though I didn't lose anything, it's still weird to have an experience like that. I didn't know what's going on. But other things are all fine.

Staff is terrible, aside from two Filipino guys. Unhelpful and not at all friendly. Answering a question or helping was such a chore for them. They will try to charge you for anything! The cleaning ladies woke people up and made them leave the room so they could clean. The shower overflowed which created a lake in our bathroom. Wifi is nonexistent, they'll tell you they're fixing it, thats a lie. Breakfast is fine, a lot of bread. Kitchen has decent equipment. Avoid this hostel.

We only stayed here a night in a double room with ensuite. The hostel is a subway ride from the main shopping district. The day staff member was lovely and very helpful. Unfortunately the night staff member was a bit rude at 6am and was reluctant to organise a taxi for us and insisted we pay for him to make the booking. Apart from this our room was clean and comfortable.

Second time there..Excellent choice!Thnx

I liked the hostel, and the rating would probably be higher, if not for discrepancy in pricing. On the website it is 19 euros, but once in hostel, extension costs 22 Euros for the same bed. They also try to apply the tourist tax (2E) to everyone, even if they are below 30. So, except of that, place was nice. Lots of books, kitchen, ok location. Make the prices even, and it will have almost no flaws!

I've stayed in a room for 3, but I was lucky because nobody else was there. The room was great, and very clean. The location is good, you have to find the right exit from the subway station and you'll be there in a 2 minutes walk. I don't think the place (subway station/ lambrate) it's very safe late in the night, but if you don't plan to stay out until too late, it's fine.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Argentina

Easy location. Took the bus into the Duomo area and the Metro connected easily with the airport express train. Staff was helpful and courteous.

This place is really good. I liked the localization, it's really close to the underground station, about 3 minutes walking; they have a great breakfast; the comum area is nice and the room as well. I recommend it!!!

extremely friendly staff, nice communal atmosphere, clean and well equiped rooms. Good breakfast, lots of bread!

Not far from metro, good location

Bathroom has no place to hang clothes/towel. Electric wires hanging out in bathroom. Guy on the night duty was reluctant to give back the key deposit and gave deposit back only when asked for. Was charged 2€ for phone call to get cab. Staff know that people would pay 2€ rather than make expensive roaming call. only saving grace was that I met few cool roommates and has good time in Milan. I would certainly avoid this place.

Staff is helpful to put me in a room for 2 different bookings, helpful to bring convenience to travellers.

The guys at the reception desk were friendly and helpful. Included breakfast was good. Too bad it is so far from the center..I had to walk quite a bit to get there. The beds were fairly comfortable and the lockers were just big enough for my 38 liter bag. Would certainly stay again.

Fortunatly I spend just one night in that hostel, unfortunatly it was my last night in Italy and I wanted to be just as great as the others nine. The main problem I had with the Hostel Colours was when we arrived the manager of the hostel behaved very hostile and some times rude.

Thank you for your comment. I am very sorry that I read this. When you have arrived 11:30 pm, you have asked to leave our luggage at the reception because you had important things, we have it taken care of. The morning of departure, you have asked them to leave until the afternoon, we have kept them. I want to know what happened actually post, also by e-mail private. We improve every day thanks to all. The holder

Friendly/helpful staff, large clean room and ensuite, not the nicest area but close to metro, was quiet when I was there so not very social but definitely could be with the common areas. Needs a bit of renovation work which I think was starting at the time, would definitely recommend

Stayed for one night on an extended layover. Nice hostel. 5 min walk from Closest metro (lambrate fs). Large breakfast (all bread-based). Good room facilities. Clean bathrooms. One staff member (older man) was less than welcoming but the other two I dealt w were very kind. Open atmosphere common area. I would recommend to friends.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5