Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

Beds were comfy, but the walls were paper thin so you could hear everything! we had a room of loud children next to us which was annoying. Showers were clean. Staff were very happy and friendly but every time we asked a question the one guy never seem to understand what we were on about. Could only use the kitchen after 3 which we didnt like. Wifi was ok but i downloaded something which should of taken 10 mins tops but it took over 4 hours here. Good access to metro and train station. Ok stay.

Three reasons: 1) The "free" computer is a Mac machine with a windows keyboard. Makes it a pain to work on it. Makes you wonder if it is done so to reduce usage. Ends up consuming a lot of time. 2) The staff was the reason i booked this hostel. They are professional nonetheless, but the warmth is missing. 3) I had flight from Linate and they suggested that I take bus from termini. Surprisingly, the bus stops at Lambrate FS(3mins walk from hostel). This is so not done. was he listening?

Thanks for your comment, I'm very sorry of what happened. 1) The computer is not the latest generation (sorry) 2) The bus that kids have recommended, at a cost of Euro 1.50. The cost of the bus which she says has cost Euro 5.00. The boy made a mistake in good faith. 3) The name Colours, means International. I thank you for having stayed with us, your comments will help us improve. Thanks again for your comments. Best regards Umberto Ciribuchi the Holder

Best place to stay in Milan. The staff is amazing, facilities are nice and clean. Good location with an underground station a few meters away. Really recommended.

It was a little confusing getting from the rooms to the common areas. You have to get out of the building and then go back in in the main entrance

It was quite noisy at night. People were talking loud in the hallway and in front of the building.

nice breakfast included with the rate which is very cheap

Very nice hostel, rooms were quite big for 6 beds and had ensuite bathroom which was nice. Rooms were very clean and hostel overall was in great condition. Breakfast in the morning was just bread and croissants and coffee, but free so I can´t complain. Definitely would recommend to stay here! Nothing too special, but cheap and good location.

The hostel was very nice and the staff very helpful. I would stay again if I go back to Milan again. The only thing that I would say is that the walls were a bit thin, and sometimes you could hear the people outside the room. I would definitely recommend it for your stay in Milan. Ideal for couples or friends.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great hostel! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Good kitchen, wifi was fast, good couches and social area. Really big room and so clean!

good location, good service, near metro station and supermarket. The breakfast is good. All the things are fine.

Good hostel. It lacked atmosphere but I had a pleasant stay. Staff very helpful and kind. It has a nice common area and it is very close to the underground station. Recommended.

Great hostel, easy walk from the metro stop and great and cheap pizzerias close by. Hot water, clean sheets, very capable and friendly staff. Unfortunately I was just in Milan overnight between a long train ride from Hungary to France but my tenure at Hostel Colours was pleasant and well worth the money. The breakfast is decent as well. Would stay again!

The hostel was easy to get to and relatively nice. However, when we got there the person on staff tried to put us in a full room. Additionally, wifi in the rooms is awful and half of the hostel is in a different building which you have to walk outside to get to after 11:30pm. All of the common areas close after midnight, so it is difficult to use wifi/hang out anywhere other then your room.

Booked a 8-bed dorm and was given a 4-bed, as I didn't mind no complaints. Breakfast included is perfect, although ended pretty early (9:30). Hostel doesn't organise activities so meeting other people is all up to you. Cleaning is alright, tv with lots of channels (could see the basketball match i wanted), wifi is ok...nice all in all.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Spain

''Hostels in Milan are never that great' is something I’ve heard often during my travels in Italy. The hostel was ok, not a very open atmosphere but that’s something that can change with the people who are staying there. Breakfast was ok, but ends very early. Rooms are specious and clean. The metro station is within walking distance which is excellent, since you can go almost everywhere by metro! Overall a decent place to stay in Milan.

Hostel Colors was a perfect base camp to explore Milan. Although is not in the city center, it's just two minutes away from a metro stop. The place is clean and the staff is WONDERFUL, always willing to help with anything you need. Rooms are big and the bunk beds are comfortable (I don't know why people say they are not, I slept perfectly both nights), and the wifi works well. Recommended!!

I've stayed in 8 hostels in Italy and Greece and colours was by far the best!! Highly recommend. Breakfast is sooo good and everything is neat and new and clean! Short walk to the metro - the location is the only downfall of the hostel, it's just a bit out of the way, and I didn't really enjoy Milan as it's very impersonal :( They are very strict on not letting any visitors/friends into your room so if you plan on getting laid, good luck with that! ;)

Everything was perfect !

Location is fine, near to metro, just that it's not in the central. 4 stops away from Milano Centrale. However rooms are not soundproof, can hear so much noises from the room next door and the street. Even after informing the staff about the noise next door, could still hear it till past 11pm. WIFI is slow in the room but fast at the reception area. Free breakfast provided.

I think it was just the time I went but not many people. I was only there for one night as well and the location is a bit away from the main attractions of Milan, but metros are 2mins away! I chose to walk and saw lots of little shops, Cafe, and food options. I can imagine in the summer time this place would be fun! Great breakfast too :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5