Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

I didn't like that to enter and exit the hostel you cannot open the door by your own but you have always to ask at the reception, it feels like beeing in a jail.

Thanks for your comment, I'm sorry that you felt in jail, as you leave the luggage, we must ensure security for all. We would like to have the doors open 24 hours, this is not possible. Thanks again for your comment.

Hostel is really far out of town in a real sketchy neighborhood. A lone female traveller I didn't feel comfortable in this area. Directions were a little vague and hostel really hard to spot on the street. Wouldn't recommend this place to someone wanting to visit Milan and see the sights considering how far out but it was good for me as I had a very quick stop over. Good for 1 or 2 nights. The hostel was quite good in every other aspect, clean, great bathroom and rooms were modern.

Functional kitchen, nice common area. But the worst is a young Italian roommate, I entered my room at 1am, I found he was sleeping on my bed and moved away my stuffs on the floor next to the rubbish bin!! The Guy was really rude, can't speak English & even asked me speak Italian! All I can do was asked the stuff to give me a new bed sheets again and stayed in another bed! I don't know if he paid for the bed, because he was no new bed sheets but everyone should be distributed when checking in.

Breakfast was great

Very good and clean hostel. Very near to the metro station. There is a good breakfeast but I missed some fruits there. The facilities were very good, big rooms and good bathroons. The only problem was that the shower was loosed so we had to take shower holdind it all the time. I would stay there again! :)

Nice hostel, really good space and pleasant atmosphere. They have a kitchen, and a supermarket around the corner, and they gave out free wine when I was there, which you cannot complain about! WiFi is only downstairs, but other than that, great hostel.

Clean hostel but very far from the centre of town , you had to ctatch 2 metros . The staff where nice but nothing special. My biggest dislike was that I got charged 2 euro simply to call a cab and then0.50 cents to print a page. Most hostels do these things for free, so I was extremely disappointed

A fair way out of the main city centre and not in the nicest area but it's easy to get around by train. A couple of times I went to have a shower the hot water had run out so I had to have a cold shower. Staff were really helpful. I had to check out in the middle of the night which wasn't an issue. Good place for some downtime (not a party place) which is what I needed! Wifi works well in the common area but doesn't work in the rooms

Accept credit cards and improve costumer service..

The only thing I had a problem with was the wifi didn't reach the rooms. I was on the first floor and was unable to connect. I don't want to sit in a big group downstairs, talking on Skype to my family and friends.. Personally.

The hostel was very nice! It is nicely decorated and well secured. The kitchen was nice too. The only two things were that the location was rubbish (you're really in a kind of ghetto and you don't want to walk there in the middle of the night) and the locks of the bathroom were just two locks you had to open with a key, but the locks malfunctioned. But I would definitely stay here again!

• 15th Aug 2014

Good location near metro station, not the nicest area of Milan out of the centre but the hostel was lovely and modern. Fantastic staff, very close to supermarket, comfortable beds, good bathrooms, decent breakfast included.

After sending 3 emails in 3 weeks asking the cheapest way to arrive from malpensa airport at 1am, I was left with no reply and had to catch a €100 taxi to get there.. Not happy! All that had to be done was reply to an email!!

I only stayed one night and it was ok. Not really close to the city centre but has a metro station really close. It is clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

The main issue is the check in can't be done before 14:00. This is a big problem when you are just tired after your trip. They could rethink this.

I got bit by a lot of bedbugs, the itchiness started the morning right after I left the hostel exactly closing the door.. after that, I boarded the plane having the worst itchiness of my life.. had bedbugs bite all over my arms and feet.. some in my belly.. the people in the hostel were nice and everything but I will NOT l stay there again... I will not suffer from bedbug bites again!!

An a huge downstairs area that got everyone mingling. Staff were very helpful and the hostel is easy to find using the underground but you can also walk from the Duomo if needs be and it takes about an hour. Very clean with good facilities such as breakfast, a reading area and computers.

Great hostel. The staff were really helpful and its right next to the metro to get into the heart of Milan.

Bring a lock for your locker so you don't have to buy one and they may not have one at desk. Owner was there during the day and was very friendly and helpful. Very close to metro. If you know which direction to go it's only about a 5 minute walk. For the price and convenience to metro, and because it was also safe and clean, I'd stay again.

Great hostel with a great staff. Pretty far from downtown.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6