Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

Nice hostel, really good space and pleasant atmosphere. They have a kitchen, and a supermarket around the corner, and they gave out free wine when I was there, which you cannot complain about! WiFi is only downstairs, but other than that, great hostel.

Clean hostel but very far from the centre of town , you had to ctatch 2 metros . The staff where nice but nothing special. My biggest dislike was that I got charged 2 euro simply to call a cab and then0.50 cents to print a page. Most hostels do these things for free, so I was extremely disappointed

The only thing I had a problem with was the wifi didn't reach the rooms. I was on the first floor and was unable to connect. I don't want to sit in a big group downstairs, talking on Skype to my family and friends.. Personally.

The hostel was very nice! It is nicely decorated and well secured. The kitchen was nice too. The only two things were that the location was rubbish (you're really in a kind of ghetto and you don't want to walk there in the middle of the night) and the locks of the bathroom were just two locks you had to open with a key, but the locks malfunctioned. But I would definitely stay here again!

• 15th Aug 2014

Good location near metro station, not the nicest area of Milan out of the centre but the hostel was lovely and modern. Fantastic staff, very close to supermarket, comfortable beds, good bathrooms, decent breakfast included.

After sending 3 emails in 3 weeks asking the cheapest way to arrive from malpensa airport at 1am, I was left with no reply and had to catch a €100 taxi to get there.. Not happy! All that had to be done was reply to an email!!

I only stayed one night and it was ok. Not really close to the city centre but has a metro station really close. It is clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

The main issue is the check in can't be done before 14:00. This is a big problem when you are just tired after your trip. They could rethink this.

Don't bother wasting your money on this one! Staff were awful. Asked for advice and the person behind the desk didn't have a clue where the nearest metro was. (Which happened to be the next street away) The atmosphere was the worst part. The common room was always full. But no one said a word to eachother. Everyone spent the whole time glued to their phones and laptops. Wouldn't recommend!

I got bit by a lot of bedbugs, the itchiness started the morning right after I left the hostel exactly closing the door.. after that, I boarded the plane having the worst itchiness of my life.. had bedbugs bite all over my arms and feet.. some in my belly.. the people in the hostel were nice and everything but I will NOT l stay there again... I will not suffer from bedbug bites again!!

An a huge downstairs area that got everyone mingling. Staff were very helpful and the hostel is easy to find using the underground but you can also walk from the Duomo if needs be and it takes about an hour. Very clean with good facilities such as breakfast, a reading area and computers.

Great hostel. The staff were really helpful and its right next to the metro to get into the heart of Milan.

Bring a lock for your locker so you don't have to buy one and they may not have one at desk. Owner was there during the day and was very friendly and helpful. Very close to metro. If you know which direction to go it's only about a 5 minute walk. For the price and convenience to metro, and because it was also safe and clean, I'd stay again.

Great hostel with a great staff. Pretty far from downtown.

This hostel ticked all the boxes but didnt excel in any. There was a nice common area with a kitchen for self catering and a lounge with books and magazines for hanging out. Unfortunately when I was there it was completely dead and not great for meeting ppl. It would be great if the hostel facilitated some social activities as its a great space! The breakfast isnt great healthwise. Just sweet breads and croissants, crackers, nutella and cornflakes. Some museli/rye bread/fruit wouldnt go astray.

It was a little expensive for what you got. Also the location wasn't a super safe place if you were walking alone at night.

It was OK, nothing special though. The staff had poor English and the breakfast was poor but the rooms were generally clean.

Great Hostel. Easy to find and right next to the metro line. Great staff and the price is right too.

• 27th Jul 2014

I got very good city tips :)! The other guy in the reception, he had quite bad English skills. Breakfast was too "white" and unhealthy, coffee was good. I couldn´t pay with my bank card, because the system was somehow broken. Good beds and pillows.

Awful ... The staff need some training ... Rude... Lots of attitude...not welcoming at all .... They should b happy someone's actually booking this hellhole ....The hostel charges for a map in Milan 50 cents ... And he charged me 2€ for calling a cab... And when I was checking out at 4am ... The guy was nowhere to b found, he was sleeping on the couch ... Had to wake him up ....STAY AWAY !!!!!! LoL

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6