Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

Staff were really helpful, happy to give you any info or ideas for things to do and see and well informed on all of them. Rooms were clean with air conditioning (although it didn't quite get cold enough). There is a bar on site but I didn't see any backpackers there.

I thought this was a "party hostel" but apart from the disco lights and music in the lobby it was actually pretty quiet. Easily accessible by metro. The reception staff were generally incredibly helpful. Wifi good. Would generally recommend if you're happy to pay the 1.5E each way into city.

Great hostel! Stayed there in the summer for 2 days. Staff was incredibly helpful and directed me to the best locations to visit in Milano. Room was clean, tidy and big, en suite was of decent size, but the air conditioning system was not enough to handle the great temperatures of the city during this time of the year. Not to worry, though - temperatures were around 35 degrees during my stay, so it was expected not to work properly. Very nice location, near the metro and the Lambrate station.

The staff at Hostel Colours were very rude, hospitality is not there guideline.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The AC wasn't working in the room and with the Italian heat, it was almost impossible to sleep. Location is ok, you have to take the metro for 10-15 minutes to get downtown. Staff was average.

Nice hosel, has a a lot of common space with games, such as fifa or tablesoccer. Would recommend it. Clean rooms with own bathroom. However, says air condition, but you only have some fans blowing air around. So can be quite hot in the room at night

• 14th Jul 2015

I stayed in this hostel at the end of my July trip to Italy. It was a nice stay but left a little more to be desired. €5 deposit for room key. Air-con in room was nice. Had full size lockers in the room (only Italian hostel that I stayed in which had these) Each room had it's toilet - two rooms consisting of a shower and a toilet joint by a shared room with the sink (good for brushing your teeth at night). Management was average. Breakfast was included and was mostly carbs.....

Not the best neighborhood, but easy to get to by train. Staff was helpful recommending good neighborhoods to eat and go out in. Room was pretty hot in mid summer as AC was not 100 percent functional, but that seems to be more common than not among hostels. My biggest problem was issues with the wifi which was on and off.

Like most hostels in Milan you have to get the Metro to the centre but the hostel is 1 min walk away from the stop and 10 minutes ride on the metro to the centre and from the main train station; Milano centrale. I stayed in summer so there were lots of people and the atmosphere was great. Wifi is a bit hit and miss but overall pretty good. I would probably stay again!

It's good for a short stay if you're travelling a long way. Staff were helpful, the room facilities were very good and breakfast is included all for a very good price. The sites like the Duomo are all easily accessible by metro too! If I ever came back to this city I would consider coming back to this hostel.

A little disappointed in this hostel, but it got the job done. Outside city center, but two blocks from metro. Staff was really friendly. Breakfast that was provided was good. Refrigerators and full kitchen. AC broken in my room; hostel gave us two fans, but not sufficient for 35C weather. Bathroom was listed as ensuite, but was actually down the hall.

Staff were really friendly and welcoming. The hostel is right down the street from the metro station which is really convenient. My room had a huge balcony and I was able to hand wash my clothes and hang them there. Beds were really comfortable. If pure lucky enough to be the first one who arrives in the room you'll get the biggest bed, which is a dream to sleep on compared to other beds I've slept on. Would recommend this hostel!

Kitchen is great. The room is clean.

Slightly distant hostel from the centre of town, but is very easy to get to and around from- v close to metro line. Communal areas are a bit bleak but the room I stayed in was spacious and very clean and the bathroom was excellent.

Should introduce events for interaction between the guests. Pub crawl etc

• 30th Jun 2015
  • India

I had a good stay at the hostel, however it was basic. The beds were not great and the facilities are nothing special. The atmosphere was very good because of the people I met there, not so much because of the hostel itself. I enjoyed the breakfast provided. There was a problem with the air conditioning when I stayed which made us all feel very uncomfortable hot in the communal areas. Also, my dorm was difficult to sleep in due to the heat. Very close to central station via the metro.

Artisan, 53. Very clean, very friendly staff , 3 minutes to underground. A good choice.

• 27th Jun 2015

great place to stay, but it was hot in the hostel. I think the A/C was broken? but other than sweating more inside than being outside it was a great place to stay and I'd come back if the A/C was fixed ;)

it was really hard to be social at this hostel, there's no garden or anything where you can sit outside and enjoy a beer meet people. There's a TV area where everyone sat with their cell phones. Staff was ok.It's kinda far from city centre, but there's a subway stop nearby so that helped. It's ok place for a stop over, that's all.

预定时在网上预付了百分之18的押金。到店以后那个前台说那是付网站的钱。要我付全款。我也是醉了。说了半天 他才承认那是给他们的。所有差点被坑了。就这一点来说我很生气。网站给我发的邮件说的很明白了 预付押金。到店再付剩下的。意大利人也太坏了!

• 23rd Jun 2015