Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

My bed was overbooked for one of the nights, but other than that, it was fairly averagw.

Thanks for your comment, we have brought to the room and given the beds with your friends. The people in the room were right, I can not understand, I think you're confused Hostel. You slept just one night as booked. In the morning you came out happy and you have thanked the staff for everything. The owner Umberto Ciribuchi

Mixed ages at this hostel, very chilled. Very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Air con in the room was amazing!! Metro stop very close by so it's easy to get to the city centre etc

One of the strangest hostels I've ever stayed at. You have to make your own bed (at least you know the sheets are clean) my room had no air conditioning and I wasn't aware of this until check in. The room was so hot it was difficult to sleep. Not the greatest area. Place is overpriced I found a hotel for the same price in a better location with better facilities for the next night.

Thanks of your comments, I understand that a discount is not good,we had a great hardship for 5 rooms,the air conditioning is broken,we could put the fans provisional.Upon arrival we apologize,we have proposed two possibilities . 1) A refund of the deposit and the reservation in another hostel with similar conditions. 2) A discount on the price,given the discomfort. You chose the second option. Thanks again for your comments. Best regards Umberto Ciribuchi The holder

Staff were really helpful, happy to give you any info or ideas for things to do and see and well informed on all of them. Rooms were clean with air conditioning (although it didn't quite get cold enough). There is a bar on site but I didn't see any backpackers there.

Not a bad place to stay, but very far away from the major attractions of Milan, especially if you like to go places by foot. Not all rooms have A/C but I lucked out. Nice kitchen and lounging areas, and an exceptionally nice staff.

I thought this was a "party hostel" but apart from the disco lights and music in the lobby it was actually pretty quiet. Easily accessible by metro. The reception staff were generally incredibly helpful. Wifi good. Would generally recommend if you're happy to pay the 1.5E each way into city.

Great hostel! Stayed there in the summer for 2 days. Staff was incredibly helpful and directed me to the best locations to visit in Milano. Room was clean, tidy and big, en suite was of decent size, but the air conditioning system was not enough to handle the great temperatures of the city during this time of the year. Not to worry, though - temperatures were around 35 degrees during my stay, so it was expected not to work properly. Very nice location, near the metro and the Lambrate station.

The staff at Hostel Colours were very rude, hospitality is not there guideline.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The AC wasn't working in the room and with the Italian heat, it was almost impossible to sleep. Location is ok, you have to take the metro for 10-15 minutes to get downtown. Staff was average.

Nice hosel, has a a lot of common space with games, such as fifa or tablesoccer. Would recommend it. Clean rooms with own bathroom. However, says air condition, but you only have some fans blowing air around. So can be quite hot in the room at night

• 14th Jul 2015

I stayed in this hostel at the end of my July trip to Italy. It was a nice stay but left a little more to be desired. €5 deposit for room key. Air-con in room was nice. Had full size lockers in the room (only Italian hostel that I stayed in which had these) Each room had it's toilet - two rooms consisting of a shower and a toilet joint by a shared room with the sink (good for brushing your teeth at night). Management was average. Breakfast was included and was mostly carbs.....

Not the best neighborhood, but easy to get to by train. Staff was helpful recommending good neighborhoods to eat and go out in. Room was pretty hot in mid summer as AC was not 100 percent functional, but that seems to be more common than not among hostels. My biggest problem was issues with the wifi which was on and off.

Like most hostels in Milan you have to get the Metro to the centre but the hostel is 1 min walk away from the stop and 10 minutes ride on the metro to the centre and from the main train station; Milano centrale. I stayed in summer so there were lots of people and the atmosphere was great. Wifi is a bit hit and miss but overall pretty good. I would probably stay again!

It's good for a short stay if you're travelling a long way. Staff were helpful, the room facilities were very good and breakfast is included all for a very good price. The sites like the Duomo are all easily accessible by metro too! If I ever came back to this city I would consider coming back to this hostel.

A little disappointed in this hostel, but it got the job done. Outside city center, but two blocks from metro. Staff was really friendly. Breakfast that was provided was good. Refrigerators and full kitchen. AC broken in my room; hostel gave us two fans, but not sufficient for 35C weather. Bathroom was listed as ensuite, but was actually down the hall.

Staff were really friendly and welcoming. The hostel is right down the street from the metro station which is really convenient. My room had a huge balcony and I was able to hand wash my clothes and hang them there. Beds were really comfortable. If pure lucky enough to be the first one who arrives in the room you'll get the biggest bed, which is a dream to sleep on compared to other beds I've slept on. Would recommend this hostel!

Kitchen is great. The room is clean.

Slightly distant hostel from the centre of town, but is very easy to get to and around from- v close to metro line. Communal areas are a bit bleak but the room I stayed in was spacious and very clean and the bathroom was excellent.

Should introduce events for interaction between the guests. Pub crawl etc

• 30th Jun 2015
  • India

I had a good stay at the hostel, however it was basic. The beds were not great and the facilities are nothing special. The atmosphere was very good because of the people I met there, not so much because of the hostel itself. I enjoyed the breakfast provided. There was a problem with the air conditioning when I stayed which made us all feel very uncomfortable hot in the communal areas. Also, my dorm was difficult to sleep in due to the heat. Very close to central station via the metro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6