Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

The only thing I had a problem with was the wifi didn't reach the rooms. I was on the first floor and was unable to connect. I don't want to sit in a big group downstairs, talking on Skype to my family and friends.. Personally.

The hostel was very nice! It is nicely decorated and well secured. The kitchen was nice too. The only two things were that the location was rubbish (you're really in a kind of ghetto and you don't want to walk there in the middle of the night) and the locks of the bathroom were just two locks you had to open with a key, but the locks malfunctioned. But I would definitely stay here again!

• 15th Aug 2014

Good location near metro station, not the nicest area of Milan out of the centre but the hostel was lovely and modern. Fantastic staff, very close to supermarket, comfortable beds, good bathrooms, decent breakfast included.

After sending 3 emails in 3 weeks asking the cheapest way to arrive from malpensa airport at 1am, I was left with no reply and had to catch a €100 taxi to get there.. Not happy! All that had to be done was reply to an email!!

I only stayed one night and it was ok. Not really close to the city centre but has a metro station really close. It is clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

I got bit by a lot of bedbugs, the itchiness started the morning right after I left the hostel exactly closing the door.. after that, I boarded the plane having the worst itchiness of my life.. had bedbugs bite all over my arms and feet.. some in my belly.. the people in the hostel were nice and everything but I will NOT l stay there again... I will not suffer from bedbug bites again!!

Great hostel. The staff were really helpful and its right next to the metro to get into the heart of Milan.

Bring a lock for your locker so you don't have to buy one and they may not have one at desk. Owner was there during the day and was very friendly and helpful. Very close to metro. If you know which direction to go it's only about a 5 minute walk. For the price and convenience to metro, and because it was also safe and clean, I'd stay again.

Great hostel with a great staff. Pretty far from downtown.

This hostel ticked all the boxes but didnt excel in any. There was a nice common area with a kitchen for self catering and a lounge with books and magazines for hanging out. Unfortunately when I was there it was completely dead and not great for meeting ppl. It would be great if the hostel facilitated some social activities as its a great space! The breakfast isnt great healthwise. Just sweet breads and croissants, crackers, nutella and cornflakes. Some museli/rye bread/fruit wouldnt go astray.

It was a little expensive for what you got. Also the location wasn't a super safe place if you were walking alone at night.

It was OK, nothing special though. The staff had poor English and the breakfast was poor but the rooms were generally clean.

Great Hostel. Easy to find and right next to the metro line. Great staff and the price is right too.

• 27th Jul 2014

I got very good city tips :)! The other guy in the reception, he had quite bad English skills. Breakfast was too "white" and unhealthy, coffee was good. I couldn´t pay with my bank card, because the system was somehow broken. Good beds and pillows.

Awful ... The staff need some training ... Rude... Lots of attitude...not welcoming at all .... They should b happy someone's actually booking this hellhole ....The hostel charges for a map in Milan 50 cents ... And he charged me 2€ for calling a cab... And when I was checking out at 4am ... The guy was nowhere to b found, he was sleeping on the couch ... Had to wake him up ....STAY AWAY !!!!!! LoL

Nice enough hostel if you are staying in Milan for the night, rooms were tidy. I had to wait around for like an hour when I was checking in. Not entirely sure what was going on, not sure the guy at the front desk did either. It's close to the metro, just be wary of the people hanging around the train station. Was able to borrow an umbrella for free which was nice. The night I stayed there was a few bus loads of younger school kids staying there do it was a bit noisy.

I found myself very well. I hope to return soon because it is a very sociable. The reception and the beds are the strong point of the hostel.

• 24th Jul 2014

I was in this hostel with my brother, I found the trip very enjoyable, you know the people and the hostel is very clean.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

wifi wasn't great in the rooms staff were very accommodating with bikes (one of the pedals was broken and so was given a refund) generally staff was very friendly

It's a night stay in hostel colours ans it's been a wonderful stayed. Hostel is just a walk from the metro, supermarket, good ice cream bar that suited for summer. Breakfast included and a big room with toilet

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6