Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

I found myself very well. I hope to return soon because it is a very sociable. The reception and the beds are the strong point of the hostel.

• 24th Jul 2014

I was in this hostel with my brother, I found the trip very enjoyable, you know the people and the hostel is very clean.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

It's a night stay in hostel colours ans it's been a wonderful stayed. Hostel is just a walk from the metro, supermarket, good ice cream bar that suited for summer. Breakfast included and a big room with toilet

A bit on the functional side and not very customer service oriented. But the beds were comfortable and it did the trick.

The breakfasts were great, wifi worked only in common areas. You have to take the metro to the city centre. Room was quite messy when we arrived, the other guests had their belongings everywhere.

Bit tricky finding the hostel, however lovely place when we arrived. Nice big room for a 6 bed, however lacking storage for bags etc. Breakfast was great, and the social areas very cool and relaxing. Very comfortable beds, however the bathroom flooded a little and the shower was a bit broken, although not a problem for one night! Not bad location as right next to a metro stop, but still quite a way from central Milan.

A solid stay for a couple of nights. Lockers but no lock provided. Easy enough to get to from the tram line. The breakfast was good (maybe a bit early for some). Wifi in lobby only, but good service. Staff could be a bit curt at times, but overall fine. Met some nice people here :)

Nice kitchen and lounge, but the 4 female dorm was pretty cramped and the shower was broken upon arrival and not exactly clean. Breakfast was pretty standard; cereal and bread. Staff were a strange bunch, some girl got yelled at for coming back late despite no curfew? Don't take credit card at all despite terms!

Basic but good. Very comfortable stay.

Okay place. Very clean and has a okay kitchen area and breakfast. Wouldn't let me change my reservation days and said I had to still pay for them even though I wanted to cancel the last day because my flight was changed. Very antisocial environment. Looks nice in the pictures but once you get there you realize it is being held together by tape pretty much.

The Asian staff member was super nice however the rest weren't as friendly. The hostel has great facilities and great potential but I think it is up to the staff to create a better atmosphere and be more welcoming by introducing guests to Milan and what it has to offer by giving tips, maps and recommendations.

Unfortunately we only stayed 1 night as spent our first night in another hostel. This one was much better! Good common area, great selection for breakfast. Good wifi. Rooms were clean, we asked for a 6 bed and got a 3 bed so can't comment on the bigger rooms. Helpful staff for what we needed.

We stayed here for 2 nights in a 6 bed female dorm. The room was very nice, clean, had a very large bathroom and each person had a large locker to store their belongings. Although I found that the staff were a tad unhelpful with advice about where to go in the city. The housekeeping also tidied away some of our things like towels and everything in the bathroom despite us not having checked out. Atmosphere was good and the large common area was great. Too expensive for what was on offer though.

Hostel was more like a hotel, families and children are welcome. If you're a traveler looking to meet fellow travelers, this isn't the hostel for you. Facilities were clean, but it wasn't a very welcoming and social hostel.

Happened to be a quick stay overnight so can't make detailed comment. Basically clean and value for money, especially they have breakfast included in the price. The location is far from major attractions and train stations. You have to take the metro so better to calculate it before booking.

Some confusion around payment and one guy on the desk wasn't 100% sure of my booking via HostelWorld, a bit suspicious. But otherwise a good place with good facilities. And very close to a metro station which made getting around Milan easy.

The hostel had an inviting atmosphere and a nice chill out area. The people the reception were friendly and offered good customer service.I had a great time staying there, would certainly recommend fellow travellers.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

It is a ways from the city center but the common area is really nice and we meet great people here. The bathrooms are a little funky with how they lock. Besides from that it was a great place

Hostel was okay with a couple of notable exceptions. Its an hours walk from anything you might be in Milano to see, so add three Euros to your daily expenses. The worst thing about this place was their demand to keep the windows closed after 11pm, " so not to upset the neighbours", and then they shut off the air conditioning soon after, turning the room into a germ filled sauna. 30 Degrees plus breathing in other peoples used breath, you can forget about getting any good nights sleep.

We had a great stay here, it's very secure to get in and the communal area is huge. There's pleanty of sofa's to relax on and a huge TV and the wifi is very good. Our room was quite warm but large and bright. It was very close to the metro so very easy to get into the city and breakfast was included which is always a big bonus.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5