Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

One of the strangest hostels I've ever stayed at. You have to make your own bed (at least you know the sheets are clean) my room had no air conditioning and I wasn't aware of this until check in. The room was so hot it was difficult to sleep. Not the greatest area. Place is overpriced I found a hotel for the same price in a better location with better facilities for the next night.

Thanks of your comments, I understand that a discount is not good,we had a great hardship for 5 rooms,the air conditioning is broken,we could put the fans provisional.Upon arrival we apologize,we have proposed two possibilities . 1) A refund of the deposit and the reservation in another hostel with similar conditions. 2) A discount on the price,given the discomfort. You chose the second option. Thanks again for your comments. Best regards Umberto Ciribuchi The holder

Really sociable hostel. Cheap for Milan but still quite far although the metro is very easy to use and not expensive. Lots of communal areas to meet people.

Lovely hostel, right beside the metro station so it's very handy to travel wherever you want from here. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious with plenty of plugs. The only problem was the air conditioning didn't work very well so it was extremely hot especially at night.

Hmmm. I stayed at a different hostel than this one at the beginning of Milan trip, and was told that I didn't have to pay city taxes because I was under 30. This one was going to charge me the city tax, but b/c the A/C was broken in my room they had decided not to. In addition, they overbooked my room both nights I was there w/o realizing it. One night a staff person had to come in at 4am b/c a girl's bed had been taken by someone else that had come earlier that night. They had to set up a cot.

Staff were really helpful, happy to give you any info or ideas for things to do and see and well informed on all of them. Rooms were clean with air conditioning (although it didn't quite get cold enough). There is a bar on site but I didn't see any backpackers there.

This is nothing more than an old apartment converted into a Hostel. Overall it wasn't clean or even comfortable to stay in. If you are booking last second then this will do (wouldn't want to stay for more than one night). Otherwise spend more time and find a nicer place to stay.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Not a bad place to stay, but very far away from the major attractions of Milan, especially if you like to go places by foot. Not all rooms have A/C but I lucked out. Nice kitchen and lounging areas, and an exceptionally nice staff.

I thought this was a "party hostel" but apart from the disco lights and music in the lobby it was actually pretty quiet. Easily accessible by metro. The reception staff were generally incredibly helpful. Wifi good. Would generally recommend if you're happy to pay the 1.5E each way into city.

The hostel is in an alleyway... Getting there at night is very very daunting. Especially when they do not have a proper signboard for their business. Good facilities though, as rooms are complete with AC. Kitchen is always useful to have. Do note after reviewing the payment made, the staff does not know how hostelworld works and claims that the deposit paid was to the website and not the hostel when in fact it is. So be wary of that and ensure you are properly charged. 3/5 stars.

Great hostel! Stayed there in the summer for 2 days. Staff was incredibly helpful and directed me to the best locations to visit in Milano. Room was clean, tidy and big, en suite was of decent size, but the air conditioning system was not enough to handle the great temperatures of the city during this time of the year. Not to worry, though - temperatures were around 35 degrees during my stay, so it was expected not to work properly. Very nice location, near the metro and the Lambrate station.

The staff at Hostel Colours were very rude, hospitality is not there guideline.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The AC wasn't working in the room and with the Italian heat, it was almost impossible to sleep. Location is ok, you have to take the metro for 10-15 minutes to get downtown. Staff was average.

it is a lovely place

Nice hosel, has a a lot of common space with games, such as fifa or tablesoccer. Would recommend it. Clean rooms with own bathroom. However, says air condition, but you only have some fans blowing air around. So can be quite hot in the room at night

• 14th Jul 2015

I stayed in this hostel at the end of my July trip to Italy. It was a nice stay but left a little more to be desired. €5 deposit for room key. Air-con in room was nice. Had full size lockers in the room (only Italian hostel that I stayed in which had these) Each room had it's toilet - two rooms consisting of a shower and a toilet joint by a shared room with the sink (good for brushing your teeth at night). Management was average. Breakfast was included and was mostly carbs.....

Not the best neighborhood, but easy to get to by train. Staff was helpful recommending good neighborhoods to eat and go out in. Room was pretty hot in mid summer as AC was not 100 percent functional, but that seems to be more common than not among hostels. My biggest problem was issues with the wifi which was on and off.

Like most hostels in Milan you have to get the Metro to the centre but the hostel is 1 min walk away from the stop and 10 minutes ride on the metro to the centre and from the main train station; Milano centrale. I stayed in summer so there were lots of people and the atmosphere was great. Wifi is a bit hit and miss but overall pretty good. I would probably stay again!

It's good for a short stay if you're travelling a long way. Staff were helpful, the room facilities were very good and breakfast is included all for a very good price. The sites like the Duomo are all easily accessible by metro too! If I ever came back to this city I would consider coming back to this hostel.

A little disappointed in this hostel, but it got the job done. Outside city center, but two blocks from metro. Staff was really friendly. Breakfast that was provided was good. Refrigerators and full kitchen. AC broken in my room; hostel gave us two fans, but not sufficient for 35C weather. Bathroom was listed as ensuite, but was actually down the hall.

Staff were really friendly and welcoming. The hostel is right down the street from the metro station which is really convenient. My room had a huge balcony and I was able to hand wash my clothes and hang them there. Beds were really comfortable. If pure lucky enough to be the first one who arrives in the room you'll get the biggest bed, which is a dream to sleep on compared to other beds I've slept on. Would recommend this hostel!