Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

The shower should be repaired. It takes ages until water comes down and then it is cold for a long time..the room looks like nothing, there is only the bed in it..

Average hostel let down by staff and facilities. Kitchen access is limited, Wifi was sketchy, the shower screen was literally falling apart. When I first arrived, the staff were kind, but this evaporated before the end of my stay. The travellers were nice, the hostel not so much. Easy connection to the Central station; alright for a short, no-strings-attached stay.

i love this hostel. security is very good,. good location. near subway station and only less than 10 mins away from Duomo di milano. its clean. 24 hrs front desk services. staffs are very good. highly recommended.

• 24th Sep 2014

Clean, quiet, close enough to the subway, with breakfast, with shower, with lockers, with a large mirror. I didn't need anything else. Thanks!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

Staff is great, THANK YOU!

Hostel was decent at best. It is pretty far from anywhere in milan. And the neighborhood around it isn't the best. Find elsewhere to stay.

Decent place. The people were really nice, and that's what I care about the most. Unfortunately one of the showers got flooded. But that was tolerable.

Great hostel, a little outside milan centre, about six stops from the central train station but nothing too far. The hosts were really nice and accommodating, the wifi was only in the communal area which was a bit tricky but not the end of the world. Good kitchen facility, and free breakfast. Everything was clean also. Overall a good place to stay for a short break.

A fine hostel in a nice quiet residential neighbourhood. Not far on the metro to central and close to the train station, 4 stops on the metro. Breakfast was really good and rooms were clean.

The Hostel includes breakfast, it covered the basic with bread apples, juice and coffee. The coffee was nice, because you can choose between a Capuccino or normal coffee. They cleaned every day the room and bathroom. The location it´s near from subway station and even the streets were dark I never had some surprise when I came back at 11 o´clock.

I had a great stay, the staff gave me great tips on the city since i was doing a short visit, wifi doesn't reach the rooms so that kinda made all people a bit antisocial on their phones in the common area but overall my stay was very good

I didn't like that to enter and exit the hostel you cannot open the door by your own but you have always to ask at the reception, it feels like beeing in a jail.

Thanks for your comment, I'm sorry that you felt in jail, as you leave the luggage, we must ensure security for all. We would like to have the doors open 24 hours, this is not possible. Thanks again for your comment.

Lockers in the rooms, lockers in the main reception area too. Close to Termini train station, public transport to main part of town easy to use. Some staff extremely nice and helpful. Others were fine. Large reception area, nice atmosphere Not really good wifi away from reception area, breakfast provided.

Hostel is really far out of town in a real sketchy neighborhood. A lone female traveller I didn't feel comfortable in this area. Directions were a little vague and hostel really hard to spot on the street. Wouldn't recommend this place to someone wanting to visit Milan and see the sights considering how far out but it was good for me as I had a very quick stop over. Good for 1 or 2 nights. The hostel was quite good in every other aspect, clean, great bathroom and rooms were modern.

Staff were useless and rude. I lost my luggage at the airport and the staff wouldnt let me use the phone charger that was sitting unused behind the counter. They couldnt tell me where the nearest atm was. There were random steel poles hanging out over the beds from broken shelves

Functional kitchen, nice common area. But the worst is a young Italian roommate, I entered my room at 1am, I found he was sleeping on my bed and moved away my stuffs on the floor next to the rubbish bin!! The Guy was really rude, can't speak English & even asked me speak Italian! All I can do was asked the stuff to give me a new bed sheets again and stayed in another bed! I don't know if he paid for the bed, because he was no new bed sheets but everyone should be distributed when checking in.

Ideal for the person who wants to travel and is less bothered about meeting others. That said, there is a large social area so it may depend on who is in the hostel at the time.

• 3rd Sep 2014

It wasn't a bad place to stay, just uninspiring compared to other places on my trip. Beds were average but the room had to stay unlocked because there wasn't enough keys for everyone in the room. Location wasn't great, close to metro but far from anything you'd want to do. Breakfast was average as well but the staff were friendly. Wifi only works in common area.

Breakfast was great

Very good and clean hostel. Very near to the metro station. There is a good breakfeast but I missed some fruits there. The facilities were very good, big rooms and good bathroons. The only problem was that the shower was loosed so we had to take shower holdind it all the time. I would stay there again! :)