Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

The private room I stayed in was really good: pretty large, comfortable bed, nice decoration, a refrigerator inside, and toilets and shower. The only drawback was the air conditioner: even though it was some 30°C outside, the air conditioner was so strong it felt really cold inside, and there were no controls to turn it down a little bit. In the end, we had to ask for extra bed linen. But this was the only negative point in an excellent stay.

I quite enjoyed my stay, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, always ready to give you any info you need. I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm, the room was clean and there were two bathrooms in it. There are lockers but no locks so you can either take yours or buy one from the reception. I also loved the breakfast, especially the coffee of all types:) And location is good, very close to the metro station and easily accessible from Milano Centrale and Labrate railway station

The worst hostel I have stayed in during my whole trip of three months. Head phones lost because the cleaning staff stripped my bed and took them with them; cant use cups after 9AM; must leave hostel and access room via sketchy back door at night; furniture old and requirers replacement; half the staff ok, others treat you like youre an inconvenience; have to pay aircon and city tax on arrival but cant pay with card: super dodgy!. Worst hostel.

Arrived early, the atmosphere/ lounge was HOT. The front desk older gentleman were ok, not very helpful. Ralphael was great- friendly and very helpful. Room assignment was way up long spiral steps. Waited a long time for assistance, towel, basic needs. The wifi went out often in the day time. I Would NEVER stay here again. AC in room barely worked, booked another hotel the first night. Met some nice travelers but that's it. The place is clean, but not memorable in the least.

Unfortunatly the AC didn't work on two out of three nights, but everything else was fine. Very nice and helpful staff, breakfast was fine. There was nothing but residential houses within walking distance, but the metro was just a 3-minute-walk away.

If you're looking for a quiet place to stay this is a good choice, not much atmosphere and the bar isnt really a bar. Not a bad choice but I can imagine there is better for the same price

The staff is generally very friendly and help us with getting to our place we wanted to visit.

I was only there for a night in transit. Location isn't too bad if you catch the metro, but it's not very central to the main sights. Staff were pretty friendly! Breakfast was included and was pretty decent! Rooms were clean, but the one I had didnt have air-con because it was broken in that section of the hostel at that time, I wasnt too fussed though as I was only there for a night and it wasnt too hot that night. Atmosphere wasnt too bad, but that always depends on who's there!

Good stay for 2 nights. The free breakfast and dinner definitely make it wort my the month! The dinner is decent too with heaps of food to choose from. Made plenty of friends over dinner to drink with later! Would stay again

I had great days at this hostel. The staff was always helpfull and the rooms we're clean. If you want to meet other people it is the perfect place! The breakfast is the only thing that good be a little bit more :) So if you want some nice days in milan go there!!

Overall a good hostel.Air con was broken when I was there but besides that it was all good vibes.

My bed was overbooked for one of the nights, but other than that, it was fairly averagw.

Thanks for your comment, we have brought to the room and given the beds with your friends. The people in the room were right, I can not understand, I think you're confused Hostel. You slept just one night as booked. In the morning you came out happy and you have thanked the staff for everything. The owner Umberto Ciribuchi

Mixed ages at this hostel, very chilled. Very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Air con in the room was amazing!! Metro stop very close by so it's easy to get to the city centre etc

One of the strangest hostels I've ever stayed at. You have to make your own bed (at least you know the sheets are clean) my room had no air conditioning and I wasn't aware of this until check in. The room was so hot it was difficult to sleep. Not the greatest area. Place is overpriced I found a hotel for the same price in a better location with better facilities for the next night.

Thanks of your comments, I understand that a discount is not good,we had a great hardship for 5 rooms,the air conditioning is broken,we could put the fans provisional.Upon arrival we apologize,we have proposed two possibilities . 1) A refund of the deposit and the reservation in another hostel with similar conditions. 2) A discount on the price,given the discomfort. You chose the second option. Thanks again for your comments. Best regards Umberto Ciribuchi The holder

Really sociable hostel. Cheap for Milan but still quite far although the metro is very easy to use and not expensive. Lots of communal areas to meet people.

Lovely hostel, right beside the metro station so it's very handy to travel wherever you want from here. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious with plenty of plugs. The only problem was the air conditioning didn't work very well so it was extremely hot especially at night.

Hmmm. I stayed at a different hostel than this one at the beginning of Milan trip, and was told that I didn't have to pay city taxes because I was under 30. This one was going to charge me the city tax, but b/c the A/C was broken in my room they had decided not to. In addition, they overbooked my room both nights I was there w/o realizing it. One night a staff person had to come in at 4am b/c a girl's bed had been taken by someone else that had come earlier that night. They had to set up a cot.

Staff were really helpful, happy to give you any info or ideas for things to do and see and well informed on all of them. Rooms were clean with air conditioning (although it didn't quite get cold enough). There is a bar on site but I didn't see any backpackers there.

This is nothing more than an old apartment converted into a Hostel. Overall it wasn't clean or even comfortable to stay in. If you are booking last second then this will do (wouldn't want to stay for more than one night). Otherwise spend more time and find a nicer place to stay.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Not a bad place to stay, but very far away from the major attractions of Milan, especially if you like to go places by foot. Not all rooms have A/C but I lucked out. Nice kitchen and lounging areas, and an exceptionally nice staff.