Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

Hostel was okay with a couple of notable exceptions. Its an hours walk from anything you might be in Milano to see, so add three Euros to your daily expenses. The worst thing about this place was their demand to keep the windows closed after 11pm, " so not to upset the neighbours", and then they shut off the air conditioning soon after, turning the room into a germ filled sauna. 30 Degrees plus breathing in other peoples used breath, you can forget about getting any good nights sleep.

We had a great stay here, it's very secure to get in and the communal area is huge. There's pleanty of sofa's to relax on and a huge TV and the wifi is very good. Our room was quite warm but large and bright. It was very close to the metro so very easy to get into the city and breakfast was included which is always a big bonus.

I stayed for three nights in a 6 bed male dormitory in the annex building. + Good wifi + clean + Towels for rent for EUR 1 + Close to metro station, only 15 minutes or so from Duomo - Maintenance could be a bit quicker (bathroom light was broken during the last two days). Free breakfast (but unhealthy which was to be expected for that price)

The staff are very nice n friendly . Nice breakfast n big n 24 hour open visiting room. Hostel friends can always gather!

Close to the metro station and good food around. Staff was not extremely helpful in recommending specific places to go see...

Pillows were absolutely terrible. Mattress is very basic. Bathroom can only be locked with key so was hard when you had 1 key for 4 people. Got put in the apartment 2nd time round as they had over booked. Apartment is terrible as the air con wasn't connected so was 30 degrees plus in the room over night. If you open the windows, the Mosquitos flood in. Free breakfast was decent and there is a nice big common area.

Had a microwave and a breakfast included in the price.

2 minutes from the train station, comfortable beds ! Bathroom not very clean ! The night staff was awesome , but I saw day staff scream with a girl .

Staff wasn't helpful. Atmosphere was very bad. It was so boring and unfriendly.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Don't even know where to start with this one... First of all after a 6 hours flight dely,both young females,arrived at 3 am, the last thing we wanted to hear was 'nope, we don't have your booking' when I clearly had all the documents and booking references with me, me and my friend then got split up and literally just dumped into different rooms, in mine were 6 sleeping men. Secondly, air con does not work, is boiling, no toilet seats, rude staff, refused to call taxi because of cost

I enjoyed my stay! Nothing to complain. Staff was friendly, rooms were nice, from metro stop it was easy to find. Lockers in the room, breakfast was ok. I would go there again!

One main issue. It was 35 degrees, we were on the top floor and the air conditioning unit didnt work. The room was utterly SWELTERING. They did try to fiddle with it and told us to leave the doors closed and one staff member who came up at 1am to try and adjust it refused to believe we'd had the doors closed. One couple left and demand their money back and went elsewhere. Also the shower was a bit ridiculous. Once you turned it to anywhere other than cold there was virtually no water.

An OK hostel. It would have been nice if the AC worked when it was blistering hot. We didn't get any sleep through the night.

We stayed here one night because we randomly got stuck in milan last minute. We arrived late and the staff was okay. Not friendly not rude the reviews made this place sound alright. The showers were so dirty and clogged with hair you had to turn it off so it didn't over flow. The room was so hot you were dripping sweat by the morning. No wifi in the rooms. If your looking for a hostel in milan for their price you can find much better! Unless you like sleeping in a sauna then here is perfect

Nice Place

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Was only there one night but had a great time great staff and people I met were awesome also very close to somegood nightlife

Clean hostel, pretty far from the center. Good metro-connection, but metro service ends early. Taxi ride can take you +- 20 eur. Breakfast is included in the prices, but ends at 9.30, so I missed it everytime. Check-out at 10, so very early as well. Not many people in common area, you can hardly buy a beer, and you are kicked out around midnight.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Wasn't super impressed with anything in particular. Maybe we came on a strange day, or maybe it is just the nature of Milan but the atmosphere was a little dull despite the vibrant design and a little dreary overall. Overall I felt safe and it was right near a metro stop which was nice. Staff were friendly enough and the free breakfast was a good bonus. Otherwise its on the lower end of the hostels I've been too. Would probably try something else next time I go to Milan.

Very good hostel that facilitated the contact to other guests with their comfortable common areas. There is most of the time some music in the entrance and common areas that is not too loud. Rooms are clean and air conditioned. Staff was always helpful

The directions to the hostel is a little confusing, but still near to Lambrate FS metro station nonetheless. Facilities are okay, but the wifi is only usable in the common area, which is a minus. Staff is okay as well, not unfriendly, but not too friendly as well.