Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

If you're looking for a quiet place to stay this is a good choice, not much atmosphere and the bar isnt really a bar. Not a bad choice but I can imagine there is better for the same price

The staff is generally very friendly and help us with getting to our place we wanted to visit.

I was only there for a night in transit. Location isn't too bad if you catch the metro, but it's not very central to the main sights. Staff were pretty friendly! Breakfast was included and was pretty decent! Rooms were clean, but the one I had didnt have air-con because it was broken in that section of the hostel at that time, I wasnt too fussed though as I was only there for a night and it wasnt too hot that night. Atmosphere wasnt too bad, but that always depends on who's there!

Good stay for 2 nights. The free breakfast and dinner definitely make it wort my the month! The dinner is decent too with heaps of food to choose from. Made plenty of friends over dinner to drink with later! Would stay again

I had great days at this hostel. The staff was always helpfull and the rooms we're clean. If you want to meet other people it is the perfect place! The breakfast is the only thing that good be a little bit more :) So if you want some nice days in milan go there!!

Overall a good hostel.Air con was broken when I was there but besides that it was all good vibes.

My bed was overbooked for one of the nights, but other than that, it was fairly averagw.

Thanks for your comment, we have brought to the room and given the beds with your friends. The people in the room were right, I can not understand, I think you're confused Hostel. You slept just one night as booked. In the morning you came out happy and you have thanked the staff for everything. The owner Umberto Ciribuchi

Mixed ages at this hostel, very chilled. Very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Air con in the room was amazing!! Metro stop very close by so it's easy to get to the city centre etc

One of the strangest hostels I've ever stayed at. You have to make your own bed (at least you know the sheets are clean) my room had no air conditioning and I wasn't aware of this until check in. The room was so hot it was difficult to sleep. Not the greatest area. Place is overpriced I found a hotel for the same price in a better location with better facilities for the next night.

Thanks of your comments, I understand that a discount is not good,we had a great hardship for 5 rooms,the air conditioning is broken,we could put the fans provisional.Upon arrival we apologize,we have proposed two possibilities . 1) A refund of the deposit and the reservation in another hostel with similar conditions. 2) A discount on the price,given the discomfort. You chose the second option. Thanks again for your comments. Best regards Umberto Ciribuchi The holder

Really sociable hostel. Cheap for Milan but still quite far although the metro is very easy to use and not expensive. Lots of communal areas to meet people.

Lovely hostel, right beside the metro station so it's very handy to travel wherever you want from here. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious with plenty of plugs. The only problem was the air conditioning didn't work very well so it was extremely hot especially at night.

Hmmm. I stayed at a different hostel than this one at the beginning of Milan trip, and was told that I didn't have to pay city taxes because I was under 30. This one was going to charge me the city tax, but b/c the A/C was broken in my room they had decided not to. In addition, they overbooked my room both nights I was there w/o realizing it. One night a staff person had to come in at 4am b/c a girl's bed had been taken by someone else that had come earlier that night. They had to set up a cot.

Staff were really helpful, happy to give you any info or ideas for things to do and see and well informed on all of them. Rooms were clean with air conditioning (although it didn't quite get cold enough). There is a bar on site but I didn't see any backpackers there.

This is nothing more than an old apartment converted into a Hostel. Overall it wasn't clean or even comfortable to stay in. If you are booking last second then this will do (wouldn't want to stay for more than one night). Otherwise spend more time and find a nicer place to stay.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Not a bad place to stay, but very far away from the major attractions of Milan, especially if you like to go places by foot. Not all rooms have A/C but I lucked out. Nice kitchen and lounging areas, and an exceptionally nice staff.

I thought this was a "party hostel" but apart from the disco lights and music in the lobby it was actually pretty quiet. Easily accessible by metro. The reception staff were generally incredibly helpful. Wifi good. Would generally recommend if you're happy to pay the 1.5E each way into city.

The hostel is in an alleyway... Getting there at night is very very daunting. Especially when they do not have a proper signboard for their business. Good facilities though, as rooms are complete with AC. Kitchen is always useful to have. Do note after reviewing the payment made, the staff does not know how hostelworld works and claims that the deposit paid was to the website and not the hostel when in fact it is. So be wary of that and ensure you are properly charged. 3/5 stars.

Great hostel! Stayed there in the summer for 2 days. Staff was incredibly helpful and directed me to the best locations to visit in Milano. Room was clean, tidy and big, en suite was of decent size, but the air conditioning system was not enough to handle the great temperatures of the city during this time of the year. Not to worry, though - temperatures were around 35 degrees during my stay, so it was expected not to work properly. Very nice location, near the metro and the Lambrate station.

The staff at Hostel Colours were very rude, hospitality is not there guideline.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The AC wasn't working in the room and with the Italian heat, it was almost impossible to sleep. Location is ok, you have to take the metro for 10-15 minutes to get downtown. Staff was average.