Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

I was supposed to fly into Milan after a trip abroad, but live quite a way out of Milan so I decided to stay the night there and booked this hostel a couple days before. I ended up extending my trip and I emailed the hostel the night I was supposed to check in, asking if there was anyway they can move my booking to a few days later. they did it, no problems, and everyone was friendly and helpful. showers and bathrooms were clean, as were the rooms. I'd definitely stay again.

I loved Hostel Colour! The were friendly helpful it's a min walk the nearest metro station.

they said that it was able to pay with credit card.... they never fix ther credit card machine. I had go out, find a bank, they charde me internacional fee for taking money in a ATM.

• 27th May 2015
  • Mexico

Quite far out of the city. Couldn't pay with card as the Eftpos machine was broken and I didn't have cash on me. Lockers were excellent. Only issue was that the bathroom was quite muddy, although not surprising when you have 10 people in one room sharing a bathroom.

It was a nice place, with spotless bathrooms and decent mattresses. The bed frames were a bit squeaky and the Wi-Fi a bit weak, but the staff was awesome and the price was reasonable. It can be a bit out of the way, but it is close to an urban subway stop. It's a bit of a walk from the central station, so it's worth figuring out the subway early.

Close to the metro but a bit of a ways from the city center. The staff was very helpful and let us keep our bags there after check out as we explored the World Expo. Not a very social hostel.

Doors to even the rooms were frequently unlocked.

• 20th May 2015

Best hostel staff I have ever met - everybody is friendly and helpful. Metro is very convenient and 24hr day pass is worth it. I was in 2 different rms - wifi did not work in one of them (in the adjoining building). Nice atmosphere, but music was always loud, hard to get work done if wifi didn't work and you needed to go to common area. One of the bathrooms (for rm #2) needs some hooks to hang up clothes, etc. Room and day lockers will not fit larger luggage. Otherwise, thanks for a great stay!

Very clean rooms and bathrooms! Shower was hot and great pressure. Staff were always helpful and breakfast had a lot of variety. It's not in the city centre but it's easy enough to get to from central station. The only downside I can think of is that it wasn't very social you had to really make a effort to meet new people. Maybe if you guys did a social night a couple times a week?

• 11th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I got in really late and only stayed one night so I didn't really have time to really evaluate this hostel. It served it's purpose as a layover point for me, and it was nothing notable. It's fine if you just need to crash for a night.

This is a very nice and well run hostel. The staff was super nice and helpful. My only complaint is that it was quite noisy at night, not from the hostel itself, but from street noise. We had to keep the windows open because there was no fan.

Great location, close to metro and train station. The dorm was super clean and the kitchen was well equipped. The staff was always friendly and helpful! Thanks a lot!

Great place to stay! It's really close to the subway so it's easy to get around Milan. The staff was very helpful and the wifi worked wonderfully!

Beds were comfy, but the walls were paper thin so you could hear everything! we had a room of loud children next to us which was annoying. Showers were clean. Staff were very happy and friendly but every time we asked a question the one guy never seem to understand what we were on about. Could only use the kitchen after 3 which we didnt like. Wifi was ok but i downloaded something which should of taken 10 mins tops but it took over 4 hours here. Good access to metro and train station. Ok stay.

Three reasons: 1) The "free" computer is a Mac machine with a windows keyboard. Makes it a pain to work on it. Makes you wonder if it is done so to reduce usage. Ends up consuming a lot of time. 2) The staff was the reason i booked this hostel. They are professional nonetheless, but the warmth is missing. 3) I had flight from Linate and they suggested that I take bus from termini. Surprisingly, the bus stops at Lambrate FS(3mins walk from hostel). This is so not done. was he listening?

Thanks for your comment, I'm very sorry of what happened. 1) The computer is not the latest generation (sorry) 2) The bus that kids have recommended, at a cost of Euro 1.50. The cost of the bus which she says has cost Euro 5.00. The boy made a mistake in good faith. 3) The name Colours, means International. I thank you for having stayed with us, your comments will help us improve. Thanks again for your comments. Best regards Umberto Ciribuchi the Holder

Best place to stay in Milan. The staff is amazing, facilities are nice and clean. Good location with an underground station a few meters away. Really recommended.

Internet shuts off at night, which is day in USA. This was bad. Also, the site advertised one bed left, but there were 6 beds empty besides mine.

It was a little confusing getting from the rooms to the common areas. You have to get out of the building and then go back in in the main entrance

It was quite noisy at night. People were talking loud in the hallway and in front of the building.

nice breakfast included with the rate which is very cheap