Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

I had a really comfortable stay at this hostel. Breakfast was good and the facilities were always very clean. The staff were friendly and upbeat, polite, and were very willing to give travel recommendations. Locks, towels, and (free) maps were available at the front desk. The only slight downfault was that the room was chilly at night (in February though). It is a couple minutes' walk from the metro so getting to central Milano is easy if you purchase a metro pass. I recommend this hostel :]

Good, normal hostel with good value for money.

• 2nd Feb 2015

I enjoyed living in hostel colours. Rooms are spacious, breakfast is good, staff is the best and metro stop is just 150m. I highly recommend living here.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • India

A perfect hostel: very close to the train station and with a fun, chilled out vibe! The Asian guy with the glasses at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful

A good place for someone just passing through. There was a lovely man on the counter who kept offering to assist me with my bag up the stairs which is rare in a hostel. The facilites were clean and my only compaint would be that it was a bit cold in the rooms.

The hostel is located very close to a metro station, so it is really easy to reach the main sightseeing places. Staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. There is only one bathroom for 8 people...in my room where almost only girls and sometimes you had to wait a lot to get in the bathroom. Despite that fact, i totally recommend it.

staff was nice. they had a kitchen. the breakfast was good. could use more bathrooms. you can't get to any sites without jumping on the metro but it is relatively close.

Great hostel, nice staffs, everything's very organized and clean ! Recommend it.

Best Location:1 minute from Metro Lambrate and 2 Supermarkets, also good Pizzeria Cava and Pub Birrificio 2 minutes from here. The Staff in Portineria and Raffael and others working here from Reception to clean service so kind, smiley and happy to help any time. It was a fantastic stay. Thanks guys!

• 25th Jan 2015

probably a conversion warehouse to hostel, about hostels in Milan, dont expect much. still we got beds to sleep, close to metro

it was quite good. bed is clean, facilities are not bad(little bit cold in my room). definitely staffs are really good. really kind. breakfast is also nice. you can use wifi everywhere.

Very average hostel. It offered a clean place to stay which was good. Not central but very easy access to metro. The staff was okay, but they seemed a bit confused by their job. Hardly any atmosphere. Breakfast consisted of bad coffee and pastries. It was okay and the beds were comfy, but i just felt the whole thing was meh. I don't think Milán has much to offer in the way of hostels so it wasn't terrible. To be fair the showers were nice and the rooms good sized.

Since the first day of existence it is left without any extra care. Shelf with cups sticky, sponge for dishes and its box dirty, table for breakfast covered with layers of ugly plastic table cloths. I know these are minor things, but if you want to feel comfortable, they matter. Room ok, surprisingly warm enough. Only the blankets seemed dirty.The door to bathroom was squeaking and the bathroom window had no real curtain so you were exposed to all the neighbors from opposite the street.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

It was a good one night stay. I would recommend.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • India

Well remodeled hostel with a good location. Fresh breakfast. Kitchen has limited scheduled between 3 p.m.to 10 p.m.

Loved the place

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Wales

The breakfast was very good despite all bad reviews here. Generally satisfied.

The directions to getting to the hostel where confusing, we had to ask around to finally finde the street. Then hostel was pretty nice. Tje only thing I didnt like was that I stayed in then first bedroom, right next to then lobby, and it got pretty loud at night. I had to catch a train then next day at 7 am, so I wanted to rest and I couldnt. Other than that, it was great.

Hostel Colours exceeded my expectations! The staff were very accommodating and helpful, and they even upgraded me from a six bed room to a two bed room for free (although I'm sure that's not to be expected for everyone's stay). The location was pretty good, near a metro, although I don't think you could really walk to the center easily. Breakfast was okay, but I mean I can't complain because it was free.

Good staff. Very accommodating to our noise drunkness and mess. Enjoyed our stay. Location was good easy to get places on the metro.