Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

This hostel ticked all the boxes but didnt excel in any. There was a nice common area with a kitchen for self catering and a lounge with books and magazines for hanging out. Unfortunately when I was there it was completely dead and not great for meeting ppl. It would be great if the hostel facilitated some social activities as its a great space! The breakfast isnt great healthwise. Just sweet breads and croissants, crackers, nutella and cornflakes. Some museli/rye bread/fruit wouldnt go astray.

It was a little expensive for what you got. Also the location wasn't a super safe place if you were walking alone at night.

It was OK, nothing special though. The staff had poor English and the breakfast was poor but the rooms were generally clean.

Great Hostel. Easy to find and right next to the metro line. Great staff and the price is right too.

• 27th Jul 2014

I got very good city tips :)! The other guy in the reception, he had quite bad English skills. Breakfast was too "white" and unhealthy, coffee was good. I couldn´t pay with my bank card, because the system was somehow broken. Good beds and pillows.

Awful ... The staff need some training ... Rude... Lots of attitude...not welcoming at all .... They should b happy someone's actually booking this hellhole ....The hostel charges for a map in Milan 50 cents ... And he charged me 2€ for calling a cab... And when I was checking out at 4am ... The guy was nowhere to b found, he was sleeping on the couch ... Had to wake him up ....STAY AWAY !!!!!! LoL

Nice enough hostel if you are staying in Milan for the night, rooms were tidy. I had to wait around for like an hour when I was checking in. Not entirely sure what was going on, not sure the guy at the front desk did either. It's close to the metro, just be wary of the people hanging around the train station. Was able to borrow an umbrella for free which was nice. The night I stayed there was a few bus loads of younger school kids staying there do it was a bit noisy.

I found myself very well. I hope to return soon because it is a very sociable. The reception and the beds are the strong point of the hostel.

• 24th Jul 2014

I was in this hostel with my brother, I found the trip very enjoyable, you know the people and the hostel is very clean.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

wifi wasn't great in the rooms staff were very accommodating with bikes (one of the pedals was broken and so was given a refund) generally staff was very friendly

It's a night stay in hostel colours ans it's been a wonderful stayed. Hostel is just a walk from the metro, supermarket, good ice cream bar that suited for summer. Breakfast included and a big room with toilet

A bit on the functional side and not very customer service oriented. But the beds were comfortable and it did the trick.

The breakfasts were great, wifi worked only in common areas. You have to take the metro to the city centre. Room was quite messy when we arrived, the other guests had their belongings everywhere.

Bit tricky finding the hostel, however lovely place when we arrived. Nice big room for a 6 bed, however lacking storage for bags etc. Breakfast was great, and the social areas very cool and relaxing. Very comfortable beds, however the bathroom flooded a little and the shower was a bit broken, although not a problem for one night! Not bad location as right next to a metro stop, but still quite a way from central Milan.

A solid stay for a couple of nights. Lockers but no lock provided. Easy enough to get to from the tram line. The breakfast was good (maybe a bit early for some). Wifi in lobby only, but good service. Staff could be a bit curt at times, but overall fine. Met some nice people here :)

Nice kitchen and lounge, but the 4 female dorm was pretty cramped and the shower was broken upon arrival and not exactly clean. Breakfast was pretty standard; cereal and bread. Staff were a strange bunch, some girl got yelled at for coming back late despite no curfew? Don't take credit card at all despite terms!

Basic but good. Very comfortable stay.

Okay place. Very clean and has a okay kitchen area and breakfast. Wouldn't let me change my reservation days and said I had to still pay for them even though I wanted to cancel the last day because my flight was changed. Very antisocial environment. Looks nice in the pictures but once you get there you realize it is being held together by tape pretty much.

The Asian staff member was super nice however the rest weren't as friendly. The hostel has great facilities and great potential but I think it is up to the staff to create a better atmosphere and be more welcoming by introducing guests to Milan and what it has to offer by giving tips, maps and recommendations.

Unfortunately we only stayed 1 night as spent our first night in another hostel. This one was much better! Good common area, great selection for breakfast. Good wifi. Rooms were clean, we asked for a 6 bed and got a 3 bed so can't comment on the bigger rooms. Helpful staff for what we needed.