Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

The staff are very nice n friendly . Nice breakfast n big n 24 hour open visiting room. Hostel friends can always gather!

Close to the metro station and good food around. Staff was not extremely helpful in recommending specific places to go see...

Pillows were absolutely terrible. Mattress is very basic. Bathroom can only be locked with key so was hard when you had 1 key for 4 people. Got put in the apartment 2nd time round as they had over booked. Apartment is terrible as the air con wasn't connected so was 30 degrees plus in the room over night. If you open the windows, the Mosquitos flood in. Free breakfast was decent and there is a nice big common area.

Had a microwave and a breakfast included in the price.

2 minutes from the train station, comfortable beds ! Bathroom not very clean ! The night staff was awesome , but I saw day staff scream with a girl .

Staff wasn't helpful. Atmosphere was very bad. It was so boring and unfriendly.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Don't even know where to start with this one... First of all after a 6 hours flight dely,both young females,arrived at 3 am, the last thing we wanted to hear was 'nope, we don't have your booking' when I clearly had all the documents and booking references with me, me and my friend then got split up and literally just dumped into different rooms, in mine were 6 sleeping men. Secondly, air con does not work, is boiling, no toilet seats, rude staff, refused to call taxi because of cost

I enjoyed my stay! Nothing to complain. Staff was friendly, rooms were nice, from metro stop it was easy to find. Lockers in the room, breakfast was ok. I would go there again!

One main issue. It was 35 degrees, we were on the top floor and the air conditioning unit didnt work. The room was utterly SWELTERING. They did try to fiddle with it and told us to leave the doors closed and one staff member who came up at 1am to try and adjust it refused to believe we'd had the doors closed. One couple left and demand their money back and went elsewhere. Also the shower was a bit ridiculous. Once you turned it to anywhere other than cold there was virtually no water.

An OK hostel. It would have been nice if the AC worked when it was blistering hot. We didn't get any sleep through the night.

We stayed here one night because we randomly got stuck in milan last minute. We arrived late and the staff was okay. Not friendly not rude the reviews made this place sound alright. The showers were so dirty and clogged with hair you had to turn it off so it didn't over flow. The room was so hot you were dripping sweat by the morning. No wifi in the rooms. If your looking for a hostel in milan for their price you can find much better! Unless you like sleeping in a sauna then here is perfect

Nice Place

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Was only there one night but had a great time great staff and people I met were awesome also very close to somegood nightlife

Clean hostel, pretty far from the center. Good metro-connection, but metro service ends early. Taxi ride can take you +- 20 eur. Breakfast is included in the prices, but ends at 9.30, so I missed it everytime. Check-out at 10, so very early as well. Not many people in common area, you can hardly buy a beer, and you are kicked out around midnight.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Wasn't super impressed with anything in particular. Maybe we came on a strange day, or maybe it is just the nature of Milan but the atmosphere was a little dull despite the vibrant design and a little dreary overall. Overall I felt safe and it was right near a metro stop which was nice. Staff were friendly enough and the free breakfast was a good bonus. Otherwise its on the lower end of the hostels I've been too. Would probably try something else next time I go to Milan.

Very good hostel that facilitated the contact to other guests with their comfortable common areas. There is most of the time some music in the entrance and common areas that is not too loud. Rooms are clean and air conditioned. Staff was always helpful

The directions to the hostel is a little confusing, but still near to Lambrate FS metro station nonetheless. Facilities are okay, but the wifi is only usable in the common area, which is a minus. Staff is okay as well, not unfriendly, but not too friendly as well.

I walked into this Hostel expecting a brilliant and vibrant environment filled with every colour in the seeable light spectrum. What I found was nothing but cream coloured walls and the occasional coffee coloured lounge. I was really looking forward to something other than the numerous boring grey and dull buildings littered around Milan, but alas Hostel Colours should really be renamed Hostel 'We can't imagine painting these walls anything but cream! Atmosphere was also very moon like.

This was by far the worst hostel I have stayed in on this trip. If you're looking for a pillow that feels like it's filled with rocks, a scratchy blanket and terrible mattress, this is the place for you. No wifi in the room. No lights in the hallway outside the room to even find the door. Located almost an hour walk from the city center. And unless you bring earplugs or headphones, the sound of Mosquitos flying near your ear will keep you up. And Mosquitos were in the shower. Staff was rude.

Certainly no complaints here. Just a pretty good hostel. Decent pricing and facilities and close to metro stops etc. No wifi outside of the common area, not the most vibrant atmosphere but I don't feel like my money was wasted.